PDA

View Full Version : Which PDA

xxploSive
11-12-06, 03:24 PM
There are so many on the market, can someone point me to a site that narrows the search down?

I'm after something simple I can hook up to a GPS unit for navigation, as well as sync with Outlook, To-Do tasks, etc. That is all I need it for, no photos, mp3s etc etc. :)

Currently looking at http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaAtom/template/XdaAtomProductInfo.vm, O2 Atom

VTECMACHINE
11-12-06, 03:35 PM
Asus PDA's are good... I have the Asus 636 I think. Built in ant for GPS aswell.
Me and my mates have been using them for years..and no probs what so ever.

black200
11-12-06, 05:54 PM
hmm i wander if optus will give me one when i re-new my phone plan.
Only thing i'd be worried about with the atom is the fact that it runs on windows software. I've had a few friends end up with bricked phones thanks to virii

hebe
11-12-06, 07:30 PM
Asus PDA's are good... I have the Asus 636 I think. Built in ant for GPS aswell.
Me and my mates have been using them for years..and no probs what so ever.

I never knew Asus have been making PDA for years now!!!! :p

VTECMACHINE
11-12-06, 07:52 PM
well 2 years is classified as years!

rodent
13-12-06, 02:37 AM
2 years on I'm still loving what I can do with my Dell X50v - I'm surprised VGA screens still aren't standard on PDAs in this day and age. The added clarity and flexibility of the hi-res screens are well worth it IMHO. But if you require a phone as well then I guess you can't go pass the Atom/Exec for value-for-money.

Trust me you say you only wanna sync your contacts and email right now, but once you find a whole lot of other stuff to do with it (eBooks, notetaking, mobile web surfing, playing old school LucasArts games, remote controlling your PC etc etc) you won't look back :mrgreen:

Only thing i'd be worried about with the atom is the fact that it runs on windows software. I've had a few friends end up with bricked phones thanks to virii

Eh..? Windows Mobile is a different beast from your normal PC Windows and I think so far there are like 2 viruses that exist for it, neither of which spread very well either... :rolleyes:

jonno.