PDA

View Full Version : thread cleaning aka "ninja editing"

dead32
07-07-08, 10:07 PM
its becoming even more frequent latly that post's are being either deleted,re-edited etc etc, i read a thread then return a lil later to read people's reply's only to find that most of the "heated" reply's have been remooved and its getting dam anoying... i understand that some post's are just downright out of line, however surely we can tuffen up a lil and leave it be... ive no idea how anyone else feel's on this subject im just expressing how frustraighted i am over the constant "moderating/deletion of posts"... my 2 cent's.

Justin Fox
07-07-08, 10:22 PM
What I might suggest to the mods is to ban people who are posting the shit that needs to be cleaned up.

It's not about hardening the fuck up, it's about people contributing to the forum, and not ruining it (even more).

trism
07-07-08, 10:44 PM
Im with JF on this one

Garth Ivers
08-07-08, 12:40 AM
its to rid the forum of bullshit clutter

you really feel the need to know what was said?

J
08-07-08, 01:06 AM
Of course you feel the need to know what was said, everyone want a point of view on he situation right?

I know some of its uncalled for etc. but some of those edited post are somewhat needed.

Tazz
08-07-08, 01:11 AM
just remember the internet is serious business fella's... some people take it to heart. laughable i know, but thats the internet.

out of curiosity is there a receipt thingy left on a post after it has been moderated by someone other than the original poster? That way it wouldn't be classified as a ninja edit IMO.. I haven't paid close attention to the forums as of late so may have missed the topics under discussion in this thread.

Shiri
08-07-08, 09:02 AM
just remember the internet is serious business fella's... some people take it to heart. laughable i know, but thats the internet.

out of curiosity is there a receipt thingy left on a post after it has been moderated by someone other than the original poster? That way it wouldn't be classified as a ninja edit IMO.. I haven't paid close attention to the forums as of late so may have missed the topics under discussion in this thread.

at the bottom it will say 'This post has been edited by X at whenever'.

jeffske
08-07-08, 09:34 AM
at the bottom it will say 'This post has been edited by X at whenever'

not all the time, I've made minor spelling changes and it doesn't come up with that
i think you have to do a major change (remove a whole sentence) to get that edit message

felixR
08-07-08, 09:48 AM
not all the time, I've made minor spelling changes and it doesn't come up with that
i think you have to do a major change (remove a whole sentence) to get that edit message
if you edit the post right after you post it won't appear.. it appears after a certain time

Shiri
08-07-08, 10:33 AM

I added a full stop to the end of my post.

It won't show a edit notification if no one has read the post :P

llama_au
08-07-08, 05:46 PM
Not necessarily, I've corrected my spelling days later and it doesn't show up as an edit. I think it needs to be a certain amount that's changed for the notification to come up.

Babalouie
08-07-08, 07:28 PM
It won't show a edit notification if no one has read the post :P

Not necessarily, I've corrected my spelling days later and it doesn't show up as an edit. I think it needs to be a certain amount that's changed for the notification to come up.

Maybe what it means is that no one is reading your posts :)

/jokes :D

llama_au
08-07-08, 07:44 PM
I don't like you anymore :P

Babalouie
08-07-08, 07:49 PM
I don't like you anymore :P

Well I read that post, so you have at least one reader :D

llama_au
08-07-08, 07:49 PM
I like you again :)

VTECMACHINE
09-07-08, 10:33 AM
Agreed. With all, but leaning towards Dead32. Perhaps we can have a thing so if a post is deleated, it says "deleted by X, for the reason:...."

Meh what ever...

Tazz
09-07-08, 11:53 AM
i'm not concerned if someone edit's their own post as we all fail at english every now and again..

just moerso if there is a moderators edit on somebodies post is it going to show that they've done it?

ram
09-07-08, 12:08 PM
Haha I like the 'ninja edit' notes they make me laugh. Mike.V is quite the crack up

I<3MyHonda
10-07-08, 07:19 PM
When a post is deleted, the moderator can choose to leave a deleted notice can't they? or is that feature not on this forum software?