PDA

View Full Version : How is it going? Names is Evgeny // 20V AW11 and S30

blue_leaf
24-12-06, 09:51 PM
Name: Evgeny (thats a real name! not a made up one! I swear :shock: )
Location: Glen Waverley/Monash Uni Clayton - full time student so spend a fair bit of time there...
Car: AW11 with 20V (daily, track => to become weekend/track sometime in the future) and S30 soon to be with L28TT (plays the role of a decorative piece in my garage atm; that manages to create negative emotions in everyone elses head but mine :/ - way too freakn expensive to build for a student :/)
Here is a pic of MR2 with the datsun in the backgorund:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/893/img76691qo2.th.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img76691qo2.jpg)
How I Found JDMST: van talked about it a a bit on Vic-Z-car
The Most Badass JDM Car of All Time Is: S30, AW11 and AE86 in decreasing order of importance :P

Thought I might join this forum to meet some guys and gals who are not too focused on brand loyalty or a blind following of a trend (eg hachi-roku owners - still love those cars but they just a little overrated...) Also lookign for people to go cruising with from around my area!

Babalouie
24-12-06, 10:00 PM
Welcome! Cool choices of ride btw :D

felixR
24-12-06, 11:00 PM
nice intro evgeny!

welcome to JDMST! :)

oh and awesome rides

supernatural
25-12-06, 01:02 AM
welcome to JDMST... nice ride! :)

and merry christmas to you buddy...

Justin Fox
25-12-06, 09:38 AM
Welcome welcome!

The Hachi guys would agree on your choice of rear wheel drive, I'm sure. They won't really like your dig at their cars being "overrated" however. Lol. :P

blue_leaf
25-12-06, 04:50 PM
Merry Christmas!!!
and thanks for the welcome everyone!
And I do love the 86s just dont quite agree with some people who say that there isnt a quicker car around :)

VTECMACHINE
25-12-06, 07:47 PM
lol but they are quickest car around.
By far 86's takes the cake for me! Most awsomest car of all time!

Welcome dude!!!

Dori*mon
25-12-06, 07:57 PM
Welcome and merry christmas :)

xero
25-12-06, 10:58 PM
hey hey, what is bash an 86 day or something!?

no im kidding ive always wondered what an AW11 would go like woith a 20V in it...
and s30 are hot no matter what... still dreaming of one of those, with RB26 strok.... *trails off mumbling to himself*

sounds like you got good garage going there... even though your on a uni budget, you can still play with your car, just have to know where to look...

blue_leaf
26-12-06, 01:43 PM
hey hey, what is bash an 86 day or something!?

no im kidding ive always wondered what an AW11 would go like woith a 20V in it...
and s30 are hot no matter what... still dreaming of one of those, with RB26 strok.... *trails off mumbling to himself*

sounds like you got good garage going there... even though your on a uni budget, you can still play with your car, just have to know where to look...

Well yeah you can play with one car, but its a little hard when you have 2 or more :/ and especially hwen one of them is a rust bucket...

But yeah AW11 with 20V really got to be one of the best car/engine combos I have ever seen - lightweight (while EXTREMELY rigid) chasis with a revvy engine that has surprisigly a lot of torque down low (50km/h in 5th easily) - and handling... well you cant describe it - you just have to drive it and you will know what newtral steer really means :twisted:

And s30 - yeah that is simply the hottest japanese car in my books - it just has acombination of timeless style and agressivnes that no other car has in my opinon and combined with itsl ight weight (even with cast iron block inline 6) it goes quite well... atm its got an L26 (SOHC 2.6l alloy head) out of 260Z but its really smoky so I will be throwing it out as I am doing a ground up restore anyways... L28 out of 280ZX will go in... with the addition of MkIV supra stock turbos for something extra - will be running that combo till I blow up the L28 or the gearboxes that I have for it... then I will be putting a newer engine - but thats not happpening in another 3 years at least

Alfadog
26-12-06, 02:43 PM
Evgeny... surely you'd be the only Evgeny in Melbourne. You must be sunrise_147?

Welcome to the forums :) I'm going to have to check out your cars when I move to Melb...!

Justin Fox
26-12-06, 03:06 PM
Also, be sure to check out s30's S30!
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=71

Yum x 100!

project2
26-12-06, 03:11 PM
4AGE 20V aye.. When you going todo a 3SGTE swap :D

Gorilla
26-12-06, 03:19 PM
Welcome..glad to see another aw11 owner on board!

blue_leaf
26-12-06, 06:08 PM
Evgeny... surely you'd be the only Evgeny in Melbourne. You must be sunrise_147?

Welcome to the forums :) I'm going to have to check out your cars when I move to Melb...!

How are you Lachlan! Yes I am the one and only Evgeny lol - I have not met a single other person in Australia with the same name although its fairly common where I come from :) And you are more than welcome to come and check out my cars when you are here - nothing much too see though - both have terrible paintjobs and one doesnt even run because of being taken apart :/

Welcome..glad to see another aw11 owner on board!

thanks mate... will surely check out your ride soon

4AGE 20V aye.. When you going todo a 3SGTE swap :D

3SGTE??? Nah prob never - as I said i love the combination of AW11 with 20V - really is a perfect mix for that car; plus putting a 3SGTE in will put me in a totally diff class in all the hill climbs and other races

Also, be sure to check out s30's S30!
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=71

Yum x 100!

thanks for the pointer mate - already had a look and I totally agree wtih everyone else on that one - thats a totally hot car although I do not particularly like the front spoiler coloring - I am using same one on my car though but without the vents.

Buddy
26-12-06, 10:46 PM
lol but they are quickest car around.
By far 86's takes the cake for me! Most awsomest car of all time!

Welcome dude!!!

your a champ riky

mr2 is looking hot.. does it see much track action??

welcome to a great forum community

blue_leaf
28-12-06, 06:56 PM
your a champ riky

mr2 is looking hot.. does it see much track action??

welcome to a great forum community

Thanks mate. Mr2 hasnt been to track with me as a driver yet because I am waiting on a set of cutom springs atm - the ones that are in now are cut low king springs :/ (put in by the prev owner who was a complete idiot! - hope he is on this forum and reads this:evil: ) which scrapes badly under any sort of cornering. But as soon as I get those in I will take it out :)