PDA

View Full Version : JDMST Food Connoisseurs Club [F.C.C]

BLISTC
31-12-06, 07:01 PM
Hey guys

with the recent discussion of fine dining going on in the other "best" places thread, i decided that in 2007 we could maybe herald in a new venture in the JDMST community.

I bring to you...

JDMST Food Connoisseurs Club [F.C.C]

:)

Once a month, for those of you who dont mind spending a bit of quid of fine food, we can venture far and wide to sample, try, and find the best of the best that sydney has to offer.

I for one don't mind paying a bit for a meal. I am more than happy to, and judging by some of the peoples responses in the other thread, alot of you dont mind either.

What do you guys reckon? Should we get planning for our first outing to sample some exquisite food?

Justin, let me know what you think of this idea :)

Cheers,

-Mark

Babalouie
31-12-06, 07:25 PM
Haha....so what you're saying is Thornleigh Maccas just doesn't do it for you anymore? :D

denka
01-01-07, 04:51 AM
oooo yeah

im down for this

i'm waiting on mxfly to hook me up with some rocking malay places :p

mxfly
01-01-07, 08:36 AM
Haha deal! And better still, the Malay places we like are all cheap. :)

jaynismo
01-01-07, 09:42 AM
Hey guys

I bring to you...

JDMST Food Connoisseurs Club [F.C.C]

:)

That is a [email protected] idea! I'm in!!! :mrgreen:

RaYmO
01-01-07, 10:42 PM
This is an awesome idea! This may trigger a JDMST food for poor dudes (JDMST FFPD) thread for those who choose to spend the dosh on their cars instead LOL

Daniel - SoAsianDVD
01-01-07, 11:26 PM
this sounds like me hehe.

josh2.5
01-01-07, 11:30 PM
Holy shit thats an awesome idea. If only you were all based on the Sunshine Coast :p

daniel
02-01-07, 01:50 PM
i'm in! :)

Justin Fox
02-01-07, 01:52 PM
I'm in!!!!!!

kula
02-01-07, 01:58 PM
in.

Justin Fox
02-01-07, 02:00 PM
The only thing with this, is that we need definites. IE: no one call pull out as reservations have to be made.

But having said that, OK I'd like to make a suggestion for the 1st night out.

There's a brand new restaurant in Coogee Beach called "CHURRASCO". It's a Brazilian inspired churrasco grill where you pay $30/head and they just keep coming out with everything on spits (yes, it's all you can eat). All parts of beef, chicken, lamb, vegetables, sausages etc etc.

It makes for a great night out, loud and fun. I'm sure we can get a decent sized table too. Who's up for a dinner some time soon, say next week?

Babalouie
02-01-07, 03:00 PM
The only thing with this, is that we need definites. IE: no one call pull out as reservations have to be made.

But having said that, OK I'd like to make a suggestion for the 1st night out.

There's a brand new restaurant in Coogee Beach called "CHURRASCO". It's a Brazilian inspired churrasco grill where you pay $30/head and they just keep coming out with everything on spits (yes, it's all you can eat). All parts of beef, chicken, lamb, vegetables, sausages etc etc.

It makes for a great night out, loud and fun. I'm sure we can get a decent sized table too. Who's up for a dinner some time soon, say next week?

Hmm...bbq meat on a sword huh? Might call it a miss for this time round....I'm in for a gelato and coffee cruise to Haberfield tho :D

scathing
02-01-07, 05:20 PM
I like food.

denka
02-01-07, 06:07 PM
Never had brazillian, which is brilliant because I love trying new flavours.

So +1 vote for CHURRASCO. We can have ice cream afterwards too.

scathing
02-01-07, 06:31 PM
Justin - maybe start up a subforum in Events for the JDMST FCC?

Justin Fox
02-01-07, 09:46 PM
Will do soon.

daniel
03-01-07, 12:34 AM

My friend told me it's definately worth trying so I wouldn't mind trying it out. :)

mxfly
03-01-07, 01:45 AM
We're in! Never had Brazilian so it's time to find out.. lol

An41
03-01-07, 03:26 AM
I would be down for brazillian and its close to home for me too!!

shonen
03-01-07, 09:55 AM
haha this is pretty much like the SAU monthly dinners !!!

I havent been attending much lately :(

But the way they run it is that in most cases they make it the last thursday of every month. Might want to consider some kind of arrangement like that.

Usually someone starts a thread about the dinner for the months and some suggestions are thrown up and people vote on where to go and reservations are made where necessary :)

EGG80X
03-01-07, 10:22 AM
excellent!!

Justin Fox
03-01-07, 01:15 PM
OK since I named this place I'll handle the bookings for this one. I'll start a new thread with address details as well as dates ASAP.

BLISTC
04-01-07, 01:02 AM
sweet im there justin :)

shonen
04-01-07, 01:09 AM
ohhhh I never tried Brazillian.........food :P

Im there !

FD
04-01-07, 02:07 PM
Bloody Brilliant idea.......................

Man my friends dont like cars like people on this forum and arent really into fine dining.

I think u guys rock, ill be in for sure.

dhdevil
04-01-07, 06:26 PM
blahhhhhhhhhhhh...........

you sydney guys have all the fun.

RyanP
11-01-07, 12:16 AM
As an idea, why don't you write down the name of the place and your experiences of it.

At least in future other JDMST folk might peruse the same places.

Justin Fox
11-01-07, 01:16 PM
OK this is proving harder than I thought. I am not going to make a booking unless I have a solid show of hands.

bigbaz
11-01-07, 04:07 PM
The best way to start is with a date and a place, prolly in a months time or so that way people have time to organise themselves, that way you can sort out the booking about 2 weeks in advance and then if needed you can try to add to it later, new thread with all details in first post that way people can see it easier and know whats going on, later in the night is usually better ie around 8ish as a lot of people dont get off work till 5:30-6 and would need to change and get there which in sydney can take a while as we are fairly spread out, i have organised a few dinners with aus300 and so far the best way i have seen is to just tell people and what to do as if you take in to many opinions you will never be able to do it, you can never please everyone

Justin Fox
12-01-07, 01:38 AM
OK let's try this again ASAP.

VTECMACHINE
12-01-07, 01:42 AM
JDMST dinner night?

Jing
12-01-07, 11:23 AM
hey its on 2 here for sure~!!!!

MFN-MAN
05-04-07, 07:19 PM
it might just be cos im hungry, or its close to payday, but anyone keen for another meetup?

dc5r168
06-04-07, 12:00 PM
:mrgreen:
yeh it sounds great

im up for it as well!!!

RyanP
09-04-07, 08:02 PM
Cafe Barzu in Norton St, Leichardt.

Their in-house handmade pasta dishes are fantastic during my Sydney work trip last week.

MFN-MAN
11-04-07, 12:47 PM
ok any more interest? anyone else have any other suggestions...if i get a few i'll put up a poll.