PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Gear Thread

jdmsinister
17-09-08, 12:29 PM
Hey jdmriders,

Want to ask jdm riders to recommend motorcycle apparel and accessories such as boots, gloves, helmets, jackets, pants and etc and post pics up of your own gear!

I need some recommendation for stockists in NSW more specifically in Sydney. And yea i want to get some idea on how important certain gears and accessories are to riders and why besides safety and protection purposes.

brasher
17-09-08, 01:00 PM
Recipe for win.

1. Go to MCA, look at all the stuff you like/want.
2. Note the style and size etc
3. Jump online, US ebay and online stores are 1/2 of Au prices
4. Buy helmets here for the Aus Standards sticker pretty much
5. Wait for your new gear to arrive from US.
6. Profit (literally)
7. Ride knowing you shortchanged the Aus economy somewhat but you saved yourself 1k+

jdmsinister
17-09-08, 01:14 PM
your a legend brasher haha. so what ive heard about aussie motorcycle gear being overpriced are true.

ae86slaver
17-09-08, 01:44 PM
Yeah Brasher- exactly what I do.

jdmsinister - I can actually obtain alot of gear at below cost price, will be obtaining more stock this weekend if anyone is interested!

Mainly Shoei XR-1000's, Alpinestar boots/jackets and odd bits here and there.

brasher
17-09-08, 01:53 PM
Including Astar off road boots?

I'm after a pair of Tech10's in white size 11 or so.

If you can look into it I would appreciate it.

danielb
17-09-08, 01:58 PM
Flyin Brians store on ebay US is great. I seriously would not buy anything other than a helmet from Aussie stores, the markup is ridiculous

benxxx
17-09-08, 02:17 PM
At the moment I have

Helmet: KBC VR2 Mladin - Good helmet, not the lightest, and not the best for wind noise but overall I like it, I want a Suomy next, but can't find any stockist in australia to try them on and buy them, any ideas anyone ??

Suit: A Stars TZ1 2 Piece Leathers, they are ok, no lining or back protector (so I have other stuff of warmth and back protection. would most likely try something dainese next.

Gloves: Spidi (leather with the carbon knuckles etc) they are ok, my old dainese ones were better and would get them next time.

Boots: Joe Rocket speedmaster, got a great price so i snapped them up, they are fine except lack protection in the ankle, looking at the sidi vertigo next.

Other: dainese back protector.

Gear is expensive, but if you look around and take your time you'll get a pretty good kit and feel very comfortable when riding.

jdmsinister - I can actually obtain alot of gear at below cost price, will be obtaining more stock this weekend if anyone is interested!

Are you going to the stoney creek auction ? I want to get a pair of the sidi boots from there but I can make it so I'll most likely have to look O/S

ae86slaver
17-09-08, 02:27 PM
Including Astar off road boots?

I'm after a pair of Tech10's in white size 11 or so.

If you can look into it I would appreciate it.

No Tech 10's as far as I'm aware, but have a range of Astars and Sidi/Oxtar etc. Are you specifically after white?

Are you going to the stoney creek auction ? I want to get a pair of the sidi boots from there but I can make it so I'll most likely have to look O/S

Yeah i'm going to that as well, what were you after? I can bid on it if so.
I also know a friend O/S who can send me gear so that's where I obtain most

benxxx
17-09-08, 03:07 PM
I'm interested in lot 511, I have no idea what it will go for though. (Size 43 SIDI black leather boots) let me know how you would like to go about it we could work something out :D

ae86slaver
17-09-08, 03:11 PM
ok, will see if I can snipe it for a good bid - will let ya know :)

brasher
17-09-08, 03:25 PM
I'll be at those Auctions mate,

I'll be after either tech 8's or tech10's in white only, got to look good in the bush :lol:

joebloyo
17-09-08, 03:41 PM
OOoOOo ae86slaver looking for xr1000 diablo, which one can you get from that series and how much sizing small - medium

ae86slaver
17-09-08, 03:57 PM
Diabolic revelation black/white small/medium
Diabolic zero - black/white small

RRP is $800, can probably get for around $500.

jdmsinister
17-09-08, 04:03 PM

awesome dude i will pm you once my car has been sold.

OVTEC
17-09-08, 06:20 PM
i was close to forking out big bucks for bike gear but then my licence expire, all i ever had was a joe rocket replica of the Repsol Honda Jacket and I've had a shoei helmet hand me down from my dad, still in awesome condition though and i use that helmet for trackdays now

on a side not, ive always loved the Diabolic helmet series. SO HOT!

jdmsinister
18-09-08, 12:15 PM
I dont know why but i really like the new Puma Range Boots especially the Puma 1000 and Puma Desmo. Check it out.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/lethalrx7/1000English.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/lethalrx7/DesmoEnglish.jpg

kev.inc
18-09-08, 12:42 PM
Where's the stoney creek auction? I need another pair of riding jeans

brasher
18-09-08, 12:49 PM
Scroll down a bit

http://www.bidbuysold.com.au/auctions.html

benxxx
18-09-08, 12:56 PM
I hate those puma boots, they look shocking :lol:

kev.inc
18-09-08, 01:00 PM
Excellent. I'll hopefully be there to grab a bargain or too.

joebloyo
18-09-08, 01:30 PM
Diabolic revelation black/white small/medium
Diabolic zero - black/white small

RRP is $800, can probably get for around $500.

good price Aust standard? and how long is it avaliable for?

just splerged on something and im kinda broke :(

Garth Ivers
18-09-08, 04:57 PM
puma = spewtastic

jdmsinister
18-09-08, 05:05 PM
i like it cause its different still prefer SIDI boots tho.

DR-JEKL
18-09-08, 07:30 PM
Im after a set of roadboots but I'm struggling to find a pair in 15 US. Apparently AS's only go up to a 14 US?

Any recommendations?

gw.sti
18-09-08, 08:26 PM
Puma boots dont look bad IMO.

Roadster
18-09-08, 09:45 PM
fuck, that auction is the net's worst kept secret!
Looks like ill be seeing all of you's there! lol

I have in my inventory a Shoei XR1000, OGK FF5 and Rjays Striker helmet. A pair of written off A* Sp1 gloves and a brand new A* GP Plus. SIDI B2 boots, Laro stun leathers jacket, shift jeans(both versions), forcefield back protector, RST pro series one piece suit and nankai one piece suit (JDM brand made in korea). oh and rain overalls. fuck, thats 5k worth of shit.

Roadster
18-09-08, 09:54 PM
http://stores.ebay.com.au/deal31365
collins gear on ebay lah. i'm bidding on the R series 2.

False.Cutz
18-09-08, 11:52 PM
hey whats some good gear for beginners?

Roadster
19-09-08, 08:30 AM
hey whats some good gear for beginners?

always get the best gear you can afford and gear that fits you well. what is your budget?

False.Cutz
22-09-08, 10:12 PM
no idea, really. I plan to get a ninja 250 so thats 7k around and i have like 4k to spend so im borrowing money from mum, i guess budget isnt that big of an issue.saw a nice shoei helmet, the hornet? approx 500 USD. Id b willing to buy that but would want to save on other stuff.

Roadster
22-09-08, 10:15 PM
Best buy your helmet in australia due to the fact that american helmets dont have the AS sticker! :)

jdmsinister
29-09-09, 12:51 AM
does anyone know the difference between an alpinestars SP-1 glove and SP-2 glove? and any good leather pants?

Roadster
29-09-09, 07:27 AM
does anyone know the difference between an alpinestars SP-1 glove and SP-2 glove? and any good leather pants?

alpinestar gloves are shit.

what jacket have you got?

jdmsinister
30-09-09, 02:08 AM
cause my budget is around $1.6k i decided on AGV helmet, RJAYS leather suit, either PUMA DESMOS V2 or ALPINESTARS GPS3 maybe even the PUMA 1000 V2 cause theyve been reduced heavily im looking at full length gloves for track days what brands you rekn are good Roadster?

jbird
30-09-09, 11:30 AM
A* gloves aren't shit?! The SP2 gloves are the bomb.

I've been wearing their GP Plus gloves and apart from the inner thumb suede bit wearing out its been really good. Really good for summer consdidering its a long glove, in winter your knuckles freeze cause its got good ventilation.

Puma boots are quite good, I haven't had an issue with them. I would not touch and RJAYS leather anything. They just don't fit right. Try on a Dainese jacket ...and try to pick one up for sale like at Action MC's in Parramatta. Dainese make the bset leathers imo without having to go custom. Not a fan of their gloves because their overpriced..

Roadster
30-09-09, 11:53 AM

I've been wearing their GP Plus gloves and apart from the inner thumb suede bit wearing out its been really good. Really good for summer consdidering its a long glove, in winter your knuckles freeze cause its got good ventilation.

Puma boots are quite good, I haven't had an issue with them. I would not touch and RJAYS leather anything. They just don't fit right. Try on a Dainese jacket ...and try to pick one up for sale like at Action MC's in Parramatta. Dainese make the bset leathers imo without having to go custom. Not a fan of their gloves because their overpriced..

One of my mate stacked it in a superstock 600 race, he was wearing an alpinestar 2 piece and GP PRO, aftermath wasnt pretty. makes me not want to buy another alpinestar product.

personally, having written off SP1's and currently on my GP PLUS, I'd rather get something else. lol

I would suggest getting something that is decent first time around, saves you from spending more money later. rjays should only be an option if you need a suit now but havent got the budget for anything better.

personally, im looking at getting this two piece.

http://www.cyclesector.com/RS_TAICHI_RSY814_GMX_MOTION_VENTED_LEATHER_PANTS_p/rstaichi-pants-rsy814.htm
http://www.cyclesector.com/RS_TAICHI_RSJ817_GMX_MOTION_VENTED_LEATHER_JACKET_ p/rstaichi-ljackets-gmxmotion.htm

check these gloves out.
http://www.cyclesector.com/category_s/219.htm

jdmsinister
30-09-09, 07:37 PM
ive just been looking on MCAS and bikebiz for gear not sure of any other good places i love the two piece sets you were looking at roadster but theyre all US prices im keen to get something i can try on instead of looking online.

jdmsinister
30-09-09, 08:23 PM

Yea SP2 are pretty good except i heard apparently for track days you need full length gloves not 3/4s which puma ones you got? how much are Dainese going for on sale?

Roadster
30-09-09, 08:28 PM
ive just been looking on MCAS and bikebiz for gear not sure of any other good places i love the two piece sets you were looking at roadster but theyre all US prices im keen to get something i can try on instead of looking online.

be prepared to pay top dollar.

visit action @ parramatta, they have a few dainese newsans left @ $599.

I'm thinking of selling mine for the rs taichi.

jdmsinister
30-09-09, 08:37 PM
what are you riding in roadster and what size? the rs taichi are so hot but i need money for overseas :(

Roadster
01-10-09, 09:07 AM
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=14924&highlight=dainese

only with the blue bits in red, size EURO 48

Roadster
01-10-09, 09:10 AM
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=5509

fuck, i'm still drooling over the taichi. lol

c0LL1n
01-10-09, 03:35 PM
Overall i think that A* products are still quite good, but for the price that you pay for some of there stuff you'd expect the quality to be a bit better..

For eg. my friend who had A* gloves said that sometimes at the seam the stitching would start to come a little loose and wear quite quickly and also his boots the zipper broke because when he wore his Dainese suit it would fit too tightly against it..

I just think that compared to Dainese which makes it prodcuts in Italy as compared to A* who make in Pakistan, Romania etc there quality control may not be good as it once was, as it is prob more focused on reducing costs etc than making good quality prodcuts...

Roadster
01-10-09, 04:03 PM
Overall i think that A* products are still quite good, but for the price that you pay for some of there stuff you'd expect the quality to be a bit better..

For eg. my friend who had A* gloves said that sometimes at the seam the stitching would start to come a little loose and wear quite quickly and also his boots the zipper broke because when he wore his Dainese suit it would fit too tightly against it..

I just think that compared to Dainese which makes it prodcuts in Italy as compared to A* who make in Pakistan, Romania etc there quality control may not be good as it once was, as it is prob more focused on reducing costs etc than making good quality prodcuts...

actually, my a* gp plus is made in vietnam, so was my sp1.
IIRC, a* textile jackets are made in vietnam as well.
dainese newsans is made in tunisia, and my all weather textile jacket dainese is made in latvia.

benxxx
01-10-09, 04:05 PM
My Astars suit is good except for the things like the zipper stitching and the clips that you do the main zipper up with, a bit annoying haha

kev.inc
01-10-09, 04:09 PM
RS Taichi is hot!
I have Sp2's and they don't feel that good to wear..

jdmsinister
01-10-09, 10:54 PM
I decided on an AGV helmet and PUMA boots, now just need to find a 2 piece or maybe even a DAINESE jacket. need some peeps to recommend some gloves and jackets/2 pieces. and oh what is the address of action parramatta?

Pak
02-10-09, 01:48 AM
I have a Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0 Leather Jacket that is brand new for sale if you are interested?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pakhchan/images/jr1.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/pakhchan/images/jr2.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/pakhchan/images/jr3.jpg

Looking for around $500 as they retail 6-700+? USA Szie 40 .. welcome to try it on? PM me if you interested :)

jbird
02-10-09, 08:47 PM
I decided on an AGV helmet and PUMA boots, now just need to find a 2 piece or maybe even a DAINESE jacket. need some peeps to recommend some gloves and jackets/2 pieces. and oh what is the address of action parramatta?

If you wear backpacks regularly, don't get a jacket with a hump on the back ;)

I hope you bought an iridium visor to go with your AGV helmet (chrome visor is the bomb). Clear visor makes you look like an idiot and you have to wear sunnies and if its sunny...and you get stupid glass marks on your head.

I dont recommend a 2 piece suit because the you may be diff size top and bottom, e.g 52 jacket but 48 pants. Also the jacket is shorter than a normal one. Just buy two seperately and make your own "2 piece". Make sure that fits you. Try on pants from all different brands. Similar to jackets.

Personally I'm an "athletic" build and I find Dainese stuff fits me the best. The leather is from Italy and its made in Tunisia. I have a Santa Monica, a Dainese Repsol jacket and a Bora jacket. All of them aren't good for summer because it gets so hot unless your constantly moving. The SM is bad for winter even with the lining, because its got good ventilation.

My friend who is fat/fatter fits Joe rocket stuff better. A jacket won't protect you if it doesn't fit properly, so worry less about brand.

Try a 1 piece just so you know how uncomfortable they are (only good for track days or longggg rides and only AFTER they've been worn in).

I wear the PUMA 1000s, in black. Very comfortable boots, have yet to test how they stand up in a stack. But my A* SMX-R boots are still wearable after my 60km stack...same with my gloves and my jacket (and my Gstar jeans). I just don't like how they (A* boots) feel, can't really feel the controls compared to the pumas.

James
(sorry for the essay)

jbird
02-10-09, 08:54 PM
Also remember to bargain with the sales person especially at big stores like MCAS.

Ask to get a back protector (slides into the back pocket) thrown in and a cash discount and what not :)

jdmsinister
02-10-09, 11:57 PM
thanks so much james it was very helpful i guess end of the day its about fitting but i also want quality because nothing is more important than your body and after hearing about my friend shattering his leg i definately wana get some proper protection. Know any good stockists that have sales for Dainese stuff? i met go for the Puma Desmos or 1000 V2 from what you've said then. oh what gloves do you recommend james?

jbird
03-10-09, 01:02 AM
Browse on MCAS on net, they got a shop in Auburn. Close by at Parra theres Action MC's and BikeBiz ... both have good range of gear. Action carry Dainese though and last I saw had a sale rack of Jackets. Or if you can wait buy from America.

I've got A* GP-Techs and A* GP Plus. Not good for daily riding where you take gloves on and off a lot. Both are great but expensive.

I have Joe Rocket Supermoto short gloves. Being short means it doesn't give you full protection, but I'm lazy and cbb half the time with a two stage closing glove like the GP techs and GP plus. Supermoto means theyre not full leather, so not good in a high speed crash...but they have amazing feel and good ventliation. I think they like $100ish

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/gloves-men/15096.php look like that.

Boots I wear the 1000s cause they got the huge shin protectors and look better :p . But yeah its up to you. Boots are something to get used to though you have to wear them and be confident with your bike before using them...cause they reduce feel significantly no matter what brand u buy.

Tommo
05-11-09, 12:05 AM
I've never posted in this thread because I only had crappy textiles haha...

Finally bought some decent gear...

Alpinestars SP1 two piece suit:

http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/product_images/09AlpinestarsSP1TwoBkLG.gif

Alpinestars GP Plus gloves:

http://www.motogio.com/store/motogio_images/products_images/t_16369.jpg

Alpinestars SMXR boots:

http://assets1.revzilla.com/product_images/0015/1255/Alpinestars_S-MX_R_Boots_detail.jpg

Still got my Shoei helmet which is going great... very happy with the new gear. I'm sure I look like a wanker wearing all Astars stuff, haha.

Roadster
05-11-09, 09:36 AM
I have received my RS taichi gear! w00t

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/taichi_gmx_motion_lthr_jkt_red_LG.jpg

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/Taichi_nxt046_gloves_blackLG.jpg

danielb
05-11-09, 10:23 AM
Taichi eh..

http://www.exmsft.com/~davidco/Travel/China/images/b%20tai%20chi%20IMG_2995%20copy.jpg

Garth Ivers
06-11-09, 10:08 AM
^ LOL

Roadster
06-11-09, 02:56 PM
yup, its manufactured from the energy of the above taichi to produce the jacket and pants and gloves! hhaaha

cheap leathers.
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=TEKNIC+APPAREL:Leather+Sui ts:Xcelerator+Closeout

jdmsinister
12-11-09, 01:24 AM
how much is the delivery fees i want to order some taichi gloves instead of alpinestar gloves recommend any roadster?

Roadster
12-11-09, 12:24 PM
how much is the delivery fees i want to order some taichi gloves instead of alpinestar gloves recommend any roadster?

i got a discount from cyclesector.com cause i had a big order, only paid 25 bucks.

jdmsinister
18-11-09, 07:28 PM
anyone got any gloves they wana sell?

Roadster
18-11-09, 07:50 PM
anyone got any gloves they wana sell?

Me! Alpinestar GP plus, black, large. Only worn like 20 times. Comes with free battlescars

jdmsinister
18-11-09, 07:54 PM
dont think ill fit a large. wherebouts you located anyway.

DrewMan
23-01-10, 06:01 PM
New helmet since my Simpson Bandit doesnt have the AS1698 sticker

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/drewman84/IMG_0036-1.jpg
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/drewman84/IMG_0035.jpg
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/drewman84/IMG_0037-1.jpg

Shoei XR-1100 in Gloss black with an blue iridium visor. Also got a smoke and clear one!

SfS
23-01-10, 07:52 PM
Thinking of either get a one piece or 2 piece suit soon for when I go to the track, but got no idea whats good and what I should look for?

jbird
26-01-10, 09:24 AM
Thinking of either get a one piece or 2 piece suit soon for when I go to the track, but got no idea whats good and what I should look for?

1 Piece is really restrictive to your movement (esp if you get the wrong size!) If there is anything you need to get the right size in its a 1 piece. When you first put it on you will feel like the hunchback of notre dame.

A 1 piece is also really impractical for day to day use.

A 2 piece's major con is that the jacket is smaller than a standard jacket so you won't really get to use it by itself.

I much prefer buying leather pants in the same brand as my riding jacket. That way you got leathers for all occasions and it isn't so bad because it is still "2 Piece".

IF you ride a lot and go to track days then buy a 1 piece, though make sure on the sizing and wear it in because when you go to ride your bike it will be really stiff and make you ride worse.

tai9a
28-01-10, 04:04 PM
sorry just a quick spam. Since i dont ride no more. Got my Kevlars and bike lock up for sale in my thread. Check it out if anyone wants anything. Please dont harrass me about price . Cheers

PS the taichi gear looks hot. Sometimes i want my bike back..

DrewMan
06-02-10, 07:01 PM
Just went a bit nuts:

A* Sniper Air Flo (for hot days)
http://www.alpinestars.com/store/ProductImages/details/330288_large.jpg
A* SMX - 2 AC in black
http://www.alpinestars.com/store/ProductImages/details/356775_large.jpg
A* MX-1 Leather jacket (for colder days) also in black
http://www.alpinestars.com/store/ProductImages/details/310658_large.jpg
Dainese Drake textile pants (for warm days)
http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/7/5c/75ca7e35d1ce9b083119ae25ca4862a5_rough.jpg

<3 eBay

Roadster
07-02-10, 06:23 PM
ballin drew.

DrewMan
16-06-10, 05:42 PM
Now that its getting a lot colder at night and in the mornings, I had to make a few more purchases!

Knox Coldkillers Wind buddy
Knox Coldkillers glove liners

and a pair of Draggin Jeans Slix!

SfS
16-06-10, 06:26 PM
Leather jacket in winter? I thought the textiles would work better? Thats all i've been wearing with a jacket underneath haha.

How do the glove liners hold up?

DrewMan
16-06-10, 09:28 PM
Ill let you know when i get them!

SfS
27-06-10, 06:39 PM
Just got a pretty basic Rjays one piece suit for trackdays in the near future, will be picking it up tomorrow and will post up pics, i'll have to wait till later to get a helmet :D

jaayy
28-06-10, 12:37 PM
Leather jacket in winter? I thought the textiles would work better? Thats all i've been wearing with a jacket underneath haha.

How do the glove liners hold up?

In my case the leather is way warmer. I actually tried the textile + jacket last night after reading your post and I came home freezing haha never again. Probly due to the fact my leather is a tighter fit then my textiles

DR-JEKL
28-06-10, 01:36 PM
In my case the leather is way warmer. I actually tried the textile + jacket last night after reading your post and I came home freezing haha never again. Probly due to the fact my leather is a tighter fit then my textiles

Generally it depends on the design of the textile jacket.

Some textile jackets are designed as summer jackets with lots of mesh vents to aid in cooling, whilst other textile jackets have thermal inserts with minimal vents.

Generally speaking though I would rather a textile jacket on over a leather jacket on a hot day!

PA70NG
28-06-10, 01:44 PM
In the above case though, SFS is spot on, mate if you bought the MX1 for warmth, you ain't gona get it !!

Its a very well flowing jacket and in this current weather, even with the liner in, Im pretty cold in it, wear a long sleeve jumper underneath it all.

SfS
28-06-10, 06:25 PM
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8360/p6280136.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/i/p6280136.jpg/)

Just a quick question its got a removable plastic shin/knee armour and with it, its a tad difficult to bend my leg the way I need to. No harm in removing it yeh?

Will
19-11-10, 05:21 PM
Laguna Seca

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5189077640_0bffb8f562_z.jpg

ianmallee
19-11-10, 05:48 PM
Clear visor makes you look like an idiot and you have to wear sunnies and if its sunny...and you get stupid glass marks on your head.

(sorry for the essay)

disagree......find it better to wear sunnies and then being able to take it off when getting caught riding home after hours, better looking stupid during the day then having to ride home with the visor up and wind in your face. only use my tinted visored helmet when i know im coming home early

SfS
19-11-10, 06:38 PM
Two helmets problem solved :P

Kyon
19-11-10, 06:57 PM
Two helmets problem solved :P

I like the way you think - most people would have just said 2 visors :P

SfS
19-11-10, 08:09 PM
Lol, yeh I've got two visors too but its a pain, coldest night in winter since Jesus played full back for Jeruselum I had to ride home from kellyville with my visor up lol. Going to look at purchasing another helmet when funds agree :P

Boony
20-11-10, 01:55 AM
what about something this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qetd0ahrIRk

e-tint (http://www.e-tintproducts.com/mx8_visorinsert.html)

if only it goes darker

jaayy
20-11-10, 02:49 AM
I havnt used my clear visor in nearly a year. I'm used to the double tinted visor and use it during the day, night and rain. Your eyes get used to it at night.... And I like checking out chicks at the lights without them knowing :D

ewokracing
20-11-10, 09:26 AM
what's a really quiet helmet in a full face? I need to get my missus one so she can come riding with me and I want something decent for her. I've got a Shoei TC8/Jetstream and its very loud.

DrewMan
20-11-10, 07:07 PM
what's a really quiet helmet in a full face? I need to get my missus one so she can come riding with me and I want something decent for her. I've got a Shoei TC8/Jetstream and its very loud.

Helmets with a lot of airflow are generally more comfortable to wear during summer but tend to be quite noisy.

Your best (and cheapest) bet would be to just get her a pair of ear plugs!

ewokracing
21-11-10, 08:42 PM
thats true, but she has an inner ear problem (she gets vertigo occassionally) and I know that when I've worn earplugs in the past, it upset my sense of balance.

DrewMan
21-11-10, 11:18 PM
you might look at getting a pair of custom moulded earplugs then?

bennjamin
28-11-10, 08:52 AM
I range from work gear , jumper and jeans full leathers etc depending on the length of my ride and to where.

But only two things I ALWAYS have on - same helmet and back armor. (velcro on shell)

Will
29-11-10, 12:55 AM
lol

jbird
30-11-10, 05:17 PM
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8360/p6280136.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/i/p6280136.jpg/)

Just a quick question its got a removable plastic shin/knee armour and with it, its a tad difficult to bend my leg the way I need to. No harm in removing it yeh?

Can't you adjust it so it fits better. Or trim the armour and reinsert it.

It all helps. I've seen too many soccer highlights of cisse breaking his legs lol

DrewMan
30-11-10, 06:52 PM

I took mine out because my monster calves dont let me tuck the end of my pants into my boots with the shin armour

PA70NG
30-11-10, 08:32 PM
armour is there for a reason. being a 1 piece it will be very restrictive to begin with. wear it more, stretch it out, you'll be fine.

RB_LOVE
26-12-10, 01:58 AM
My gear build up has began:

Dianese Air Leather Jacket:
http://www.mcas.com.au/products/fa0e09812d.jpg

Gloves:
http://www.mcas.com.au/products/8d15e75933.jpg

Helmet (Shoei xr1000):
http://www.rflintonandsons.co.uk/acatalog/xr1000%20rouge%20tc6.jpg

blackster
26-12-10, 02:10 AM
Better getting the XR1100 if your only limiting your lid choices to SHOEI, vision field is increased. XR1000 is the discontinued model.

As for Rjays, you get what you pay for.

RB_LOVE
26-12-10, 02:22 AM
The XR1000 is my mates one he has had it since new so I know the history and stuff, been taken care very well and I picked it up for a bargain price. as for the Rjays gloves, yeah, I wanted it to be as plain/comfortable and protective as possible. it ticked the boxes for me.

RB_LOVE
26-12-10, 02:23 AM
Lucky because I found out the Shoei Medium is the right size/shape etc for my head and I told him and he said he is selling his one which turned out to be a medium.

jaayy
27-12-10, 03:56 PM
dianese - good start... my first was an icon jacket and it was so shit compared to my dianese i have now

RB_LOVE
28-12-10, 11:14 AM
It was also the most comfortable for the right size (i.e. armour not freely moving around my arms and shoulders etc.)

I also just bought one of those iridium visors for the shoei.

Paulstar
30-12-10, 09:26 AM
Guys with leathers that do not fit 100% - for a few hundred you can have your leathers altered to fit perfectly.

All my gear fits really well except the pants are a little big which i'll probably get altered sometime, removing the armour seems counter intuitive to buying protective gear in the first place.

The shop that my friend got his leathers altered is on george street Sydney, sorry I don;t know the name but if you want I can find out.

ewokracing
30-12-10, 12:46 PM
It was also the most comfortable for the right size (i.e. armour not freely moving around my arms and shoulders etc.)

I also just bought one of those iridium visors for the shoei.

where'd you get your visor and is it tinted like a pair of sunglasses (ie polarised?). I have a Shoei TZR which uses the same visor system I think and I've been meaning to get a tinted visor so that I don't need to wear sunglasses, but I want something that won't damage my eyes (ie it looks tinted but doesn't work like a good pair of sunnies).

RB_LOVE
30-12-10, 02:08 PM
I got it off ebay, it was from the US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230519997281&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

DrewMan
30-12-10, 03:30 PM
Guys with leathers that do not fit 100% - for a few hundred you can have your leathers altered to fit perfectly.

All my gear fits really well except the pants are a little big which i'll probably get altered sometime, removing the armour seems counter intuitive to buying protective gear in the first place.

The shop that my friend got his leathers altered is on george street Sydney, sorry I don;t know the name but if you want I can find out.

was it Oz Motorcycle Leathers run by Irena?

http://ozmotorcycleleathers.com/index.htm

I went to her to get my sleeves shortened. The finish was so unnoticable it was like it was just came off the line after being completed by the 8 year old boy who did it in vietnam

ayden_d
04-01-11, 11:21 AM
I've finally decided that this year I'm getting my road bike so luckily while I was in Italy yesterday I bought some cheap leather gear considering there's no point having the bike unless I have all the proper gear to ride it with! Obviously its not top stuff but its got all the right protection, fits well and about half the price compared to Aus and I know its real.

Bought a Ixon Copper leather jacket with extra back protection for only 220 euro and Spyke S308 leather gloves for 50
http://www.northern.co.nz/images/products/7025.jpg

jaayy
06-01-11, 08:29 PM
remember posting my gear in some other thread but ill repost here

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/juniiii/DSC03547.jpg

- Arai Corsair V Nakano Sakura helmet
- OGK FF5 helmet
- some random cheap helmet i bought for my brother
- Alpinestars SP-2 gloves
- Dianese SF leather pants
- Ixon "something" textile jacket
- Dianese Limited Edition Rossi Santa Monica leather jacket
- Dianese Wind strip (meant for ladies but helps to keep wind from going down your ass crack when your jacket rides up haha)

need boots so i can hit the track - anyone recomend any? nothing really looks better then the alpinestars boots from what ive seen in stores and im a bit warry of buying other brands online because you cant try them on

i want to buy the M2R 225 helmet and pair it off with some goggles... http://www.bikebiz.com.au/product_images/j/143/m2r_225_nopeak_leatherblack__83463_zoom.jpg
OR anyone know where to get some vintage cafe-racer looking helmets from? dont care if its street legal

G54B
06-01-11, 08:42 PM
Leathers make me itchy
I wear jeans, a heavy canvas jacket, Fox Racing MX boots/gloves and a Shoei I got on sale for $110. Works fine, and the few times I've come off I've not had any damage done.

Will
06-01-11, 09:33 PM
awesome arai, how much was it?

jaayy
06-01-11, 11:30 PM
$1099 at Mcas, I didn't pay though... Misses did, since she ran over my OGK helmet lol

ewokracing
08-01-11, 08:21 PM
OR anyone know where to get some vintage cafe-racer looking helmets from? dont care if its street legal

Momo do some but they have a gay Momo print on them, Ruby do them as well but they are uber expensive.

jaayy
13-01-11, 03:03 AM
thanks for the info mate. the momo half helmets look good except for the HUGE F8KING LOGO on most of them

ive preety much made up my mind on a davida helmet

ewokracing
13-01-11, 08:09 PM
thanks for the info mate. the momo half helmets look good except for the HUGE F8KING LOGO on most of them

ive preety much made up my mind on a davida helmet

I always wanted to go and build a replica of a Mad Max pursuit (not the interceptor) and drive around with a half helmet like the original movie poster. Hmmmm.
I forgot, Nolan do one too.
The Davida ones look the best though.

jbird
29-01-11, 09:57 PM
Anyone in Sydney have an RS Taichi jacket in 52 Euro I can try on for size?

I'm wearing a dainese 48 Euro and its really tight. I cant zip it up all the way cause my shoulders have gone a bit wider.

Cheapest place I found is Sport bike track gear but Motorcyclegear.com.au sells it too for a bit more. Anyone got hook ups?

munchhunch
29-01-11, 10:54 PM
had an alpine star jacket, came off on the bike today, jacket came out fine, good quality held up well, if it weren't for that I prob would have much of an arm left. Always gear up guys!

Ride Safe

jbird
30-01-11, 01:49 AM
had an alpine star jacket, came off on the bike today, jacket came out fine, good quality held up well, if it weren't for that I prob would have much of an arm left. Always gear up guys!

Ride Safe

As long as you learn from your falls you have much to be grateful for. Always wear minimum jacket, gloves and helmet

DrewMan
30-01-11, 08:56 PM

Ride Safe

Any thats why you wear it :D

you can liken falling off to being attacked by a belt sander

Will
30-01-11, 09:38 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7586/16761210150106341072241.jpg

kij200
02-02-11, 03:44 PM
^ I have the same helmet in black :)

BLISTC
03-02-11, 02:39 AM
hey guys if anyone needs any gear i have some gear in excellent condition for sale. all top quality brands:

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?31185-Motorcycle-Gear-For-Sale-Dianese-Jacket-Dianese-Gloves-Shark-Helmet-AS-NEW&p=855345#post855345

thanks

dOhc
26-02-11, 05:49 PM
anyone got any leather/textile jackets for sale for a decent price? Im about 178cm and 67 kgs (yeah pretty skinny) THANKS!

G54B
27-02-11, 01:10 AM
Need a new jacket, came off a CR500 the other day and shredded the canvas (sailcloth actually :P) one. Suggestions?
Also, how's sizing work? The whole numbers thing never made sense to me, I need XL at a bare minimum, XXL-3XL more often than not.

DrewMan
27-02-11, 01:21 AM
Need a new jacket, came off a CR500 the other day and shredded the canvas (sailcloth actually :P) one. Suggestions?
Also, how's sizing work? The whole numbers thing never made sense to me, I need XL at a bare minimum, XXL-3XL more often than not.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/Alpinestars_Sniper_Air-Flo_Jacket_Black_LG.jpg

Alpinestars Sniper Air Flo
Its a summer textile jacket
I have one of these in XL which ive probably worn 5 times.

It fits me quite nicely and I have a 46 inch chest

$150 if youre interested

I NEED MOAR PARTS FOR MY BIKE!

G54B
01-03-11, 03:31 PM
Thanks mate, don't need one just yet though. Apparently Dad doesn't think sticking to his word is a good idea, so I have no bike.

RB_LOVE
02-03-11, 04:26 PM
Heard some gangstas got some new bikes..... Oh yeah!

PA70NG
02-03-11, 04:41 PM
anyone got any leather/textile jackets for sale for a decent price? Im about 178cm and 67 kgs (yeah pretty skinny) THANKS!

I got a pretty good leather one for sale. Joe Rocket Blaster 3.0

Full leather and has a zip out panel which is about 10cm wide that goes from your hip, all the way along the torso to your underarm and then along the inside of your arm to your wrist. Great ventilation in summer, put the panels back on and you're set for winter.

Let me know if you're interested

dOhc
03-03-11, 09:17 PM
i sent you a pm with no reply? let me know when you're ready to discuss it mate.

BLISTC
19-03-11, 05:42 PM
Hey guys my dianese jacket is up for grabs now on eBay

its got a few bids and is sitting at around $200 right now with 16hrs left on the auction

grab a bargain. i was asking for $500 in the other thread. if it sells for cheaper than that, it is your win.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180638794686

NinjaDust77
19-03-11, 09:03 PM
heres some of my gear

Dainese Leather Racing Jacket / ICON Hooligan2 mesh jacket
http://multiply.com/mu/carlofc/image/3/photos/88/500x500/1/dainese-racing-pelle-jkt-black-red-400.jpg?et=IpuYfyfWgVquFta8D%2BX7fw&nmid=394209700http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/catalog/hooligan2_stealth_400.jpg

Dainese Hellfire Carbonfibre Leather / Alpinestars SP-X Mesh Carbon fibre
http://multiply.com/mu/carlofc/image/3/photos/88/500x500/2/dainese-glove-carboncover-white-400.jpg?et=f3ytWOEcVWVL5bXjj%2CT6XQ&nmid=394210464http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/alpinestars_sp-x_gloves_black_detail_1_400.jpg

Gaerne G-RS boot / Alpinestars SM-X2 boot
http://multiply.com/mu/carlofc/image/3/photos/88/600x600/3/038fdcf709.jpg?et=J5aJ0NmpkDfRMMbevMF9Xw&nmid=394499658http://www.ridersdiscount.com/channel-images/45/45987/395x395-ENLARGED.jpg

Arai Vector Hopkins graphic / AGV Stealth Matt black
http://shop.sydneycitymotorcycles.com.au/resources/6E/3950/resized/66/15043942_200x200.jpghttp://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/catalog/STEALTH_SHADOW_BLACK_3_4_RIGHT_WEB.jpg

and a 2x pairs of Draggin biker jeans blue and grey