PDA

View Full Version : Virus/ Harddrive Cleaup: Please Help

josh2.5
04-01-07, 11:14 PM
Hey Guys

Well lately my laptop has been doin some kinda strange things. Firstly keep gettin pop ups and also last two days this weird lil trumpet bit keeps playin every five or so seconds which keeps playin unless I mute the sound or turn off the computer.

Anyone got any ideas of any programs I can download to clean out my harddrive and get rid of this and any other shit that is on here?

Thanks alot for any help guys

Cheers

Josh

Babalouie
04-01-07, 11:20 PM
Dunno if you might have this already or not, but try to look for lavasoft's Ad-aware, it's free to d/l. Also try Spybot Search & Destroy

MiGoreng
04-01-07, 11:27 PM
yeh try those 2 progs

also if u want to delete all the BS stuff on ur comp try crap cleaner/ccleaner.

daniel
05-01-07, 12:02 AM
nod32 is a very good antivirus program and it also gets rid of most malicious software.

black200
05-01-07, 02:27 AM
once you've got rid of them, get sygate firewall pro.

i can't find words to describe what it does, but it will stop the spyware. Get opera as well if you haven't already and with sygate, disable IE

Harves
05-01-07, 07:30 AM
You could also try Windows Defender. The more anti-spyware programs you use the better

raz0r$harP
05-01-07, 09:23 AM
Hijack This! is a handy little application to check what files are loaded at startup, running processes, and allows to you specify files to be deleted at reboot.

A'PEXi
05-01-07, 10:44 AM
just run msconfig to see whats loaded at startup... spyware doctor i found is the best against detecting spyware, be sure to get the latest updates though.

BLISTC
06-01-07, 05:26 AM
the best software i found is called "spyware terminator"

it also runs in real time to stop threats asap as they appear

and the best thing is that it doesnt hog vital memory and resources even when doing a scan.

if i were you i would boot into windows safe mode, and then do a scan and remove malicious items if found. the reason being is that in safe mode more than likley the virus wont launch becasue windows only launches system critical applications not 3rd party stuff. if the virus is running, and you try to remove it, more than likely it will not be removed properly and will continue to screw up your system.

-mark

josh2.5
07-01-07, 10:19 PM
This has been a huge help thanks alot guys!

Cheers

Josh

import_bible
13-01-07, 04:05 AM
if you need more help pm me. i worked as a l1 tech support in a call centre.

4agte
15-01-07, 03:46 AM
after updating or while running the anti-spam/virus software disconnect the computer from the internet usually its via the lan cable.