PDA

View Full Version : '99 CE Lancer coupe

Asti_ZR
07-01-07, 10:58 PM
Hi guys, since I finally made it to a meet, and I signed up more than a month ago, I figure its about time I post up some details of my car.

Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
Model: Lancer (CE)
Year: 1999 (Series 2)
Style: 2-door GLi (pov spec 1.5L)

Modifications:

Exterior:
* Lancer MR Series 2 Front Bar, removed fog lights, relocated no. plate
* Lancer MR Side Skirts
* Lancer MR Rear Bar
* Clear side indicators (imported from malaysia 8 years ago before they existed in oz)
* Removed door locks from door handles
* Colour coded Side Mirrors, Handles, Black painted window frame
* JDM Series 1 tailights (refer to avatar)

Wheels
* CG Lancer VRX Wheels, 15x6", +46 offset (perfect fit)
* Yokohama C-Drive 195/50R15 tyres

Brakes
* Lancer GSR front calipers
* Proton M21 slotted rotors
* Semi-Metallic Pads

Suspension
* 1" lowered springs
* sports shocks
* Whiteline Rear Swaybar
* Front Strut Brace

Interior
* Extensive Sound Deadening, using 36sq ft of Dynamat Extreme (added 8kg, sorry guys)

Engine
* Foam panel filter
* Cold air intake from front bar fog light grille
* Sports muffler (needs to be replaced with something quieter)

Some Pics

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/733/carpictures221oz0.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5500/carpictures200tt4.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/874/carpictures192fz3.jpg

felixR
07-01-07, 11:49 PM
clean lancer!

s_vtec
08-01-07, 02:14 AM
nice lancer man, and nice meeting you, your car sounds alright no need to be quieter:P

Manny
08-01-07, 10:50 AM
You lucky bugger...been tryin to search for a MR kit for my GLXi for ages...even though its not my car anymore (it's now my dad's) I'd still like it to have it... :D

s_vtec
09-01-07, 11:56 AM
i was so close into getting a lancer i was thinking of getting the 06 lancer vrx at one point in yellow :P

mrkrooz
09-01-07, 02:21 PM
clean.......its such a shock to see a lancer these days without altezzas.....lol

ClioF1
09-01-07, 03:22 PM
Looks good mate, is that a debadged standard grille?

Hens
09-01-07, 04:31 PM
i see missing engine specs :)

Asti_ZR
09-01-07, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the comments guys,

felixR - my intention has always been to try and make the car look as smooth as possible, I've been tempted to go even further with removing door handles, fuel filler, aerial, side indicators, boot lock (the list keeps growing), but now I'm at the point where I'm happy with the car and I don't want to do any more mods to it because I don't know how much longer I'm going to have it for and I want to spend as much time as possible enjoying to drive it rather than frusting myself by working in the garage until 2am, covered in grease and dirt, lying under the car, freezing my arse off, while most of my friends are going out and enjoying themselves (the life of a modifier).

s_vtec - compared to some of the cars at the meet on thursday, my car sounds dead silent, but to me, I'm too much of a perfectionist, I spent countless hours on sound deadening, and it was cocoon-silent inside, then the last thing I did was add the muffler, back to square one with noise, and it didn't give me any more power. Kind of ironic isn't it. And thank god you didn't buy a lancer, the type s is so much better.

DCEIVR - I've been accumulating parts for my car for the last 8 years, so there is not much in the way of parts for our car that I haven't owned, either they were installed, still sitting in the garage, or were sold off (can anyone say 4G92).

mrkrooz - I can't stand altezza's now. Many years ago, i actually had a contact where I could have got some altezza's from overseas when nobody had them here, thank god I resisted because in a year, everyone had them.

ClioF1 - You guessed it, the standard grill has had the diamond badge removed.

iced - there's no other spec's to mention

s_vtec
09-01-07, 11:51 PM
haha yeah on thursday my car was dead silent, even when i hit vtec:P haha

ClioF1
10-01-07, 09:13 AM
There aren't many Lancer owners that think like you do mate, I'm impressed.

My Lancer was originally my sister's car and it used to have a fart can on it. We took it off and put the original muffler back on and it re-gained some power!

There is an exhaust shop in Sydney that recommends 4-2-1 headers, 2" press bent exhaust and a standard muffler for maximum gains for the 1.5.

A'PEXi
10-01-07, 12:33 PM
looks good mate :)

Manny
10-01-07, 11:58 PM
Hehehe...funny thing was I was actually thinkin about getting those same wheels you have on the car as an excuse to have better rubber for my dad to drive on...the tyres on the current wheels are shocking...had to put them on after I sold the Volks...but it's fine I should have some new rims for it next week...

LOL @ me spending money on my old car and not my new one...LOL

I didn't mention that my one is actually Silver as well with painted door handles and mirrors and came from the factory with the black door frame...would've been funny if I had the same wheels...we'd almost be identical minus the MR kit...hehehe

Dori*mon
12-01-07, 11:28 AM
Very clean lancer, nice pics :)