PDA

View Full Version : rego display

The Doctor
12-10-08, 06:37 PM
hey guys. i've heard from a friend that if you don't display your rego from the rear of your bike, then you can get a fine worth up to $400. does anyone know if this is true?

thanks

brasher
12-10-08, 07:08 PM
I think you can also have it on the left of the bike too.

Garth Ivers
12-10-08, 10:47 PM
it just has to be displayed. I had some cocksucker cop try and tell my round rego holder wasn't legal, I disagreed and so he called the other copper over. He himself was a biker and said it was fine. Some stupid cops don't even know themselves... Always question an always contest it

ae86slaver
12-10-08, 11:03 PM
I think 'legally' it must be on the rear end of the bike, that's what it states on the rule book.
But I guess it depends on which cop pulls you up on it.

I once was at Doyles in Elizabeth Bay eating fish and chips when a cop stumbled passed my bike because of the plate position (tucked right under) - then he must have realised my rego label wasn't even visible (was inside the back seat) so he waited and stood in front of the bike for 20 mins and was hoping for the owner to return - in the mean time I was prepared to stay there all night until he had gone because I knew what he was trying to pin me down for.... eventually he left, and gave me a ticket for parking in a no stopping zone - my back tyre was outside the zone...
I left happy because I'd rather that, then a defect :lol:

benxxx
13-10-08, 01:04 AM
I have mine on the left side of the swing arm, I think that should be legal considering a car can use a side window... maybe :lol:

Stalemete
13-10-08, 02:49 AM
a handy tip i learned was to use a rego holder for a trailer.
its a waterproof plastic box the same shape as the sticker but about 3-4mm thick, they have a mounting point and everything