Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mike.V?!
10-01-07, 03:22 PM
We all knew it was coming:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Damn!

Jing
10-01-07, 03:38 PM
alot of the features looks seamless and impressive yet i wonder how it will pan out on our networks.

The capabilities of having a gps system is quite useful on a phone i reckon .......

xero
10-01-07, 04:00 PM
what a nugget...

just what we need another phone that has a bunch of useless features that is incompatible with everything and everyone.
not to mention vodafone will jump on board like they did with sony and only distribute them through their stores, with great deals that dont disclose all details even though you ask specific questions, and then your phone keep crapping out and signal dropping out and cant hold a battery for more than 3 days, and their phone monkeys wouldnt know if their asses were on fire unless they check with their manager, and vodafone then not ever updating their website so it shows my bill form like 4mths ago, again the phone monkeys insist its on my end when clearly its not...

bitter about vodafone? no not really....

FRpilot
10-01-07, 04:11 PM
iPhone uses quad-band GSM, the global standard for wireless communications. It also supports Cingular’s EDGE network, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR, which links to Apple’s new, remarkably compact Bluetooth headset

$499USD retailing with contract and its only using EDGE?

sorry apart from the flashy touchscreen ur paying for something that is a step backwards in terms of mobile technology

as nokia said apple are merely acknowledging technology that is already around.. oh well ppl will get sucked in regardless

ill stick to my full fledged 3G PDA phone thanks

supernatural
10-01-07, 04:33 PM
damn... it looks mad... but dont think it will be compatible with 3 sim cards... :(

franks
10-01-07, 04:54 PM
i entertained the idea for about 5 mins...

probably useful on the way to work on the train or if your sitting on the toilet having a bog - surf the web and what not.... but i dont think id use it for anything more than a phone and ipod!

and if i dont need the ipod then its just a big heavy phone.........

features arent that impressive. 2mb camera? pffft.

Philip Lee
10-01-07, 04:54 PM
note that it won't be availible in Asia till 2008?! i think the spec will be diff (and possible newer models) when they finally hit our shore.

Marc
10-01-07, 04:55 PM
i just finished seeing this on the news, damn very elite. I must say the last 2/3 yrs apple have made a huge come back and are coming up with some really good stuff, i had a good look at a apple desktop last night, i like :)

P.S I still walked out with a PC notebook :P

Waggy
10-01-07, 06:02 PM
what a nugget...

just what we need another phone that has a bunch of useless features that is incompatible with everything and everyone.
not to mention vodafone will jump on board like they did with sony and only distribute them through their stores, with great deals that dont disclose all details even though you ask specific questions, and then your phone keep crapping out and signal dropping out and cant hold a battery for more than 3 days, and their phone monkeys wouldnt know if their asses were on fire unless they check with their manager, and vodafone then not ever updating their website so it shows my bill form like 4mths ago, again the phone monkeys insist its on my end when clearly its not...

bitter about vodafone? no not really....

OMFG It's not just me then!!!

I stand outside the Vodafone store here in Rocky and don't have signal.

iPhone looks ok-ish....

Sp33dY
10-01-07, 06:44 PM
Why dont they just make a simple phone thats a phone with sms capabilities ... and enuf space for 1000 phone numbers anymore ... i dont want a camera phone, or gps, or mp3 player etc etc .... sure its 'state of the art' but cmon, its getting beyond a joke. I cry when i see idiots walking around at EGO salon taking pics on their phone, and recording shitful lil videos. Personally, if i take pics, i use a camera., If i listen to music, i use an ipod music player, u get the idea.

kula
10-01-07, 07:03 PM
i really like it.

i hate having 8 devices in my pockets.
i have had recently on me at once:,

3g fone
2g fone
ipod
headfone amp
headfones
psp
ixus camera.

neadless to say it was quite heavy.
and silly.

i really like the widescreen video mode, and if the battery life is usable id be really interested.

narada
10-01-07, 07:37 PM
i really like it too

gps is great
integrated with ipod is great
just like ipod its touch system seems very intuitive

looks niiice =D

Jing
10-01-07, 08:13 PM
I dont think it has gps, i think its just a directory style map. Which is useful too.

I tried a big touchscreen phone once and its also annoying in that you cannot use it with one hand.

Mike.V?!
10-01-07, 08:16 PM
Gizmodo thoughts on the iPhone:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/macworld2007/gizmodo-iphone-handson-i-called-my-mommy-227582.php

FRpilot
10-01-07, 08:49 PM
iphone does not have a dedicated gps receiver, they just demoed google maps on it

wifi coverage isnt even available everywhere..

its about $800 or so here when it comes out.. which wont be for at least another 6-9 months..

do ppl realise how developed phones like sony ericsson, i-mate, o2 and nokia will be? apple's phone will still be running on isdn speeds while everyone else would of started to move on to hsdpa and cdma ev-do.. basically streaming high b/w multimedia and video calling will be the future.. no 3g = none of that

kula
11-01-07, 02:40 AM
they got casio GPS wrist watches in japan now.

Sp33dY
11-01-07, 08:00 AM
they got casio GPS wrist watches in japan now.

LOL ... a mate bought one of the re-released retro Casio Calculator watches last night for nostelgic value . lol

MrThanh
11-01-07, 11:43 AM
following in the tradition of the iPod, the iPhone won't have a user replaceable battery.

pretty shit for a phone that has 5 hour talk/browse/video time..

xero
11-01-07, 11:48 AM
OMFG It's not just me then!!!

I stand outside the Vodafone store here in Rocky and don't have signal.

iPhone looks ok-ish....

yes waggy i feel your pain... with virgin for 5yrs previous never once had a problem, went to vodafone coz they had good deals on a fone i wanted...
but yeah i get dop outs all the time, and just plain old no sound coming out of my fone period. GREAT VODAFONE YOU REALLY WON ME OVER....

on a lighter note, all i really need is something to call on and send sms, and possibly play games (bomberman FTW!!)... but since ive had a camera fone i find its useful at times...
also is just me or do all new fones have the most miniscule buttons? those of us with the larger digits always have probs...

Fr3aKi3
11-01-07, 12:51 PM
LOL... i've

Optarse was shithouse for me so thats why I switched voda and I havn't had a single issue, heck everyone in the household is on Voda and noone has had any problems. My street is like a blackhole when it comes to reception, with optus if I was going to make a phone call then i'd have to go outside the house at least with voda I can still stay inside and make calls... lol

I don't have a need for a 3g mobile, nor something with heaps of stuff that I wont be using. I'll just stick to my "regular" 2G Samsung E900

http://i.gsmarena.com/ii/pics/samsung/samsung-e900-00.jpg

I've never really been a fan of anything made my apple and I think that trend is still going to continue.. lol
DEATH TO ALL IPODS!!!!!

franks
11-01-07, 04:47 PM
doh.

"Cisco Systems has announced it is suing Apple for infringing its "iPhone" trademark, which the networking giant said it has owned since 2000..."

full article:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/mobiles--handhelds/apple-faces-iphone-trademark-lawsuit/2007/01/11/1168105088972.html

bathurst-91
11-01-07, 07:31 PM
I think all the knockers are missing the point.

There are phones/devices out there now. Hell they were out 2years ago that do just what this iphone does. but they are clutterly slow, badly organised pieces of shit.

I own a SonyErricsson T610 and its outlay, buttons, software/hardware make it an utter piece of shit.

There are many mp3 players out on the market and have been for awhile. Hell 10years ago as a kid I invisioned owning a portable mp3 device that was simple and held 1000s of songs. And people bag the ipod and say there are better players out there. But how neat is the thing? its brilliant (granted i have a new-gen nano without all the problems of past ones) but its original, simple and to the point.

thats the approach the iphone is taking. the touchscreen approach with larger buttons looks to be a winner just like ipods scroll touch thingy is.

a screen that switches to landscape as u tilt the unit?? how fucken good is that!!

Honestly im having 2nd thoughts about buying my Nokia N93 now. Sure it has dvd vid capture and a 3.2megapix cam... which set it way ahead. But ive grown to love apples simple approach to these devices. hmmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions

bathurst-91
11-01-07, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk&mode=user&search=

youtube vid of it running.
damnit, what to choose

franks
12-01-07, 12:42 AM
"cover flow mode" is farking bling bling bling...very sleek! gotta admit its a god damn sexy UI.

3.2mpx is on the Sony Erricson k800i right now, with xenon flash. whatever that is. and it has landscape mode.

when it comes out in 60gb then id think about getting it to replace my 30gb video iPod and phone :)

i think im going to get the k800i....

Justin Fox
12-01-07, 12:44 AM
I like it.

Justin Fox
12-01-07, 12:46 AM
PPS: I am a convert, from Mac to PC. I still LOVE macs but i USE pc's.

EGG80X
12-01-07, 08:44 AM
by the time the iphone comes out to oz its going to be outdated anyways...... shame they are not releasing it internationally

M600i FTW!!

FRpilot
12-01-07, 08:47 AM
bathurst-91 no. that is not their approach, think market penetration

wonder when they will take a look at the european and asian markets

RyanP
17-01-07, 02:55 AM
It's good industrial design, would however prefer some more modern communications technology (on the phone side). Hopefully these are addressed in the version we get in Oz (when they finally decide to bring it out!).

Jing
17-01-07, 10:21 AM
macs are great, i bought a laptop to see what the fuss is all about, great packaging, great useage, however i felt that it most likely targeted at alot of people thats not so familier with computer. Of course i know plenty of pros use macs seriously but from my feel everything was super easy to do and yes these features would be appreciated the most by noobs.

What i figured out is, if you know your pc you can most likely do everything the same as mac and stay out of trouble ie spyware/virusus. If you find yourself constantly getting those programes it might be a good idea to give a mac a go.

RyanP
19-01-07, 03:10 AM
I think the point was fuss free computing, face it we all spend wasted time running maintenance on Windows PC's.

van
24-06-07, 10:18 AM
Haha, love the dodginess at Apple.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/iphonefakery.gif

Andy Wana
24-06-07, 10:33 AM
That's a female hand in the old ad and a male's hand for the new

van
24-06-07, 10:43 AM
Don't ruin it for me! :(

;)

Mike.V?!
24-06-07, 11:00 AM
I like to think the old one is a regular man's hand and the new one is reanimated Andre the Giant's hand.

Kaotic
24-06-07, 08:29 PM
looks alright... but the only problem is if you lose ya phone, you lose ya ipod, organiser, tv, computer, camera...?? but its still cool

Jing
24-06-07, 11:01 PM
I think the point was fuss free computing, face it we all spend wasted time running maintenance on Windows PC's.

????? i think you just need to learn how to use it better :mrgreen:

FRpilot
24-06-07, 11:19 PM
????? i think you just need to learn how to use it better :mrgreen:

i agree..

its the clueless ppl using the net these days that download cracks, programs, games etc and surf the web carelessly thinking its safe, who are the ones who end up with spy/malware and trojans..

they end up blaming things like IE, xp's core and the security programs they install themselves, if ppl actually took care of their comps and used them efficiently instead of cluttering them with bs, then they'd be no complaints and their pcs would work as well as they did when they first got them

apples need the security out of the box simply coz the users arent adept enough to "take care" of themselves.. thats why macs need to be so simple

maybe not all ppl, but sorry imo its definitely the majority ppl who have converted to macs..

4agte
25-06-07, 12:15 AM
i like it might buy one

vtec-NA.th
27-06-07, 12:14 PM
my friend just bought a Prada fone. seems better than an Iphone (much thinner).. but so girly... you get a butterfly following your finger around when u touch the screen lol.

I don't think we can get this for a while becasue of 2.5G or something :(

Andy Wana
27-06-07, 12:39 PM
I'd get myself the Prada phone if it wasn't Korean built (by LG)
All the Korean phones I had shat itself one way or another at the end of its warranty period

The Apple Iphone is definitely a stunning piece of gear, but it is somewhat still too gadgety and big for me
I like the ease of use and the thought process that actually go into the design (and flow) of the interface though

josh2.5
27-06-07, 01:43 PM
Shes gonna be exxy!

LINK: http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,21976117-5013040,00.html

iPhone a $3500 buy

Brought to you by

* Font Size: Decrease Increase
* Print Page: Print

Sinead Carew in New York | June 27, 2007

APPLE'S hotly anticipated iPhone could cost as much as $US3000 ($3548) with a required two-year service contract, but a handful of eager fans have still lined up early to spend their money.
Greg Packer

New Yorker Greg Packer at the head of the queue for Apple's iPhone
Buyers of the iPhone must commit to a two-year contract with AT&T. The device combines a wireless phone, music, video and web browsing, and will be sold exclusively through AT&T for at least two years.

Apple and AT&T on Tuesday outlined three iPhone rate plans that will be available, from $US60 per month for the most basic to just under $US100 per month for more talk time. AT&T said iPhone customers could also choose other AT&T service plans listed on its website.

While the prices are consistent with other AT&T wireless plans, it adds $US1400 to $US2400 to the cost of what many say is already a steeply priced $US500-to-$US600 gadget.

"Given the additional features embedded in the iPhone, we believe the pricing is attractive," UBS analyst John Hodulik said in a note to clients.

He said the service costs were competitive when compared to similar plans from rivals such as Verizon Wireless.

The iPhone service plans all include unlimited data, 200 text messages, roll-over minutes and unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling, the companies said.

Plenty of potential iPhone consumers have said they would wait for Apple's next versions of the device to buy it, hoping for a lower price and faster network connection.

Not only Apple and AT&T are hoping to profit on the iPhone phenomenon. Advertisements on the New York and San Francisco online message boards at Craigslist.org solicited payment for waiting on line to buy an iPhone.

One listing from a self-professed "professional waiter" offered to stand on line for a fee of $US100 per eight hours wait. The person will throw in delivery for an extra $US50.

In another listing, a person identified as "Ray" offered to start waiting on Thursday for the highest bidder. Ray noted that people paid over $US1000 to get one of the first Sony PlayStation 3 video game consoles, which went on sale in November.

AT&T said it would limit each person who turns up at its stores to buying just one phone. Apple has not said if it will follow the same policy.

Apple shares have gained more than 30 per cent since the company unveiled the phone in January, as investors hope that sales of the device will outstrip even its best-selling iPod music player.

van
27-06-07, 02:18 PM
Fuck. That.

josh2.5
27-06-07, 03:15 PM
Exactly my thinking

Mike.V?!
27-06-07, 03:15 PM
US $500-$600 isn't that much compared to the N95's retail price.

van
27-06-07, 03:17 PM
I was just talking about the "it adds $US1400 to $US2400" bit.

US$500-600 for an iPhone is a regular enough price, most high-end phones cost that much if not more when you buy them outright, I'm surprised it's being described as steep.

vtec-NA.th
27-06-07, 05:11 PM
that's alot of money for a phone like that >_<" the prada one is $1000 lol

buy a new car.

Mike.V?!
01-07-07, 01:35 PM
This is hilarious. Stupid bitch pays pays a kid $800 for his place in the queue, so she can buy out all the stock and sell it on eBay, only to find AT&T has a 1 phone for person policy.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=66434CA6FE6500D6A04B9F946D779145 ?contentId=3641729&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

van
01-07-07, 01:48 PM
That's fucking awesome. I love how smug the kid was about it hahaha.

lovesil
01-07-07, 02:04 PM
Anyone buy a phone with that pricetag demands to be shot. :D

van
02-07-07, 05:00 PM
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1190824

1. Bluetooth is ONLY good for connecting a headset. That's it.
2. There is no file browser on the device at all. Data must be organized (if at all) in the appropriate application.
3. The camera is a simple application that has ONE button: the shutter. Pictures come out okay on the device, but nothing too fancy on a monitor, especially if it was an attempt at a macro shot.
4. SIM card is damn near impossible to open, if at all. I didn't look into it extensively.
5. Web browser is slow, even over WLAN. Even the simple OneList web app that was created takes around 20 seconds to load over WLAN. You can not highlight, cut, copy, or paste and text from a website, and you can not save any images you find from a website either. The only nice thing about it is the tabbed browsing, which crashed on me when I went to Engadget and YouTube on two tabs. This is the only application that allows you to use the keyboard in landscape mode.
6. The keyboard sucks. It gets slightly better after the iPhone "learns" you, as the employees said, but even then, it's not a device you can use with one hand comfortably, much less without looking.
7. You can only send one picture at a time in an email.
8. No custom ringtones (yet, as we were being told) and the alert tones can not be changed whatsoever.
9. The default ringtones are incredibly lame.
10. The only form of customization outside of a lame default ringtone is the wallpaper, which you'll only see when you need to unlock the device or when you get a phone call.
11. "Picture pinching" or using two fingers to zoom on any content is certainly fun to play with, but not practical whatsoever. This operation depends solely on using the device with two hands.
12. No document editor or native viewer. You can not store documents on the device to be viewed, they can only be viewed as attachments when they're sent to your in an email.
13. Visual voicemail is laggy and reacts about the same way as pushing the fast forward and rewind buttons on traditional voicemail systems. The only advantage is for those that get that many voicemail messages a day that they need to sort them according to priority.
14. NO games. None.
15. No voice dialing.
16. No speed dialing (which can be made up by the "quick list", but getting to that quick list isn't as fast as holding a single key on a real keypad).
17. No video.
18. No MMS.

We know this won't have any impact on sales though, Apple have already proven a nice looking UI can be a suitably good replacement for basic expected functionality (iPod).

van
02-07-07, 09:52 PM
http://www.mac-essentials.de/bilder2007/iphone-shuffle.jpg

BLISTC
02-07-07, 10:51 PM
what a piece of shit

n95 still shits all over it

jester
03-07-07, 05:11 AM
picked up my 8Gig iPhone the other day, and I LOVE IT. Despite all of the people out there trying to say how terrible the phone is, it's absolutely amazing. I'm not using it for business purposes, so for those who want to argue blackberries, etc. are better, it's apples and oranges. The phone is so much fun to use, has all kinds of neat little things about it and the user interface is second to none. I've never had a phone that drew a crowd before, it's crazy. Here's mine all safe and sound at home:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/633/iphone01wf1.jpg

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 07:50 AM
jester, I wouldn't worry too much about those critics who insist that the iPhone is terrible/bad
They can stick to their multimedia bricks with those horrible UIs while you enjoy state of the art UI in a state of the art body/shell
I don't know the fascination for kids to have the latest gadgets for their phone (i.e. nokia communicator), most of the time it'll just be used to make phone calls and text messages anyway
Not to mention that these things are usually pocket unfriendly too

My 2 c.

lovesil
03-07-07, 08:44 AM
jester, I wouldn't worry too much about those critics who insist that the iPhone is terrible/bad
They can stick to their multimedia bricks with those horrible UIs while you enjoy state of the art UI in a state of the art body/shell
I don't know the fascination for kids to have the latest gadgets for their phone (i.e. nokia communicator), most of the time it'll just be used to make phone calls and text messages anyway

My 2 c.

I'm confused with your sentence. Initially, it seems like you support the idea of a iphone, then you started to say about the things you never use on a phone and pocket unfriendly......but iphone is the most pocket unfriendly phone you can even find nowadays. 3k for a phone.....that's usually used as a phone only.....i''m confused??

van
03-07-07, 08:44 AM
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/iphone-coolness-hr.jpg

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 09:13 AM
I'm confused with your sentence. Initially, it seems like you support the idea of a iphone, then you started to say about the things you never use on a phone and pocket unfriendly......but iphone is the most pocket unfriendly phone you can even find nowadays. 3k for a phone.....that's usually used as a phone only.....i''m confused??

Pocket friendly in terms of size and thickness :)

van
03-07-07, 09:21 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070702.jpg

lovesil
03-07-07, 09:28 AM
Pocket friendly in terms of size and thickness :)

ic...if it comes down to like 1.5k, then its worth considering ;) Still a pass for me for 3k

Sp33dY
03-07-07, 09:36 AM
U cant even sms? omgwtfbbq ........

van
03-07-07, 09:38 AM
Huh? Did you get that from my list? It says no MMS, not SMS...

Sp33dY
03-07-07, 09:58 AM
Well no mms is teh ghey as well.

Phones are waaaay over rated imho..

Mike.V?!
03-07-07, 11:04 AM

My 2 c.

Though for something that the media has dubbed the 'Jesus phone' it's looking more and more crippled. For something that's supposedly the be all and end all of phone it gets too many no-brainers wrong. That said, I'll still buy one. It's pretty.

van
03-07-07, 11:11 AM
Though for something that the media has dubbed the 'Jesus phone' it's looking more and more crippled.

The ironic parallels with the religious analogy are delicious!

josh2.5
03-07-07, 11:24 AM
It's pretty.

Thats all its got going for it though. I think I'm gonna wait for iPhone V2.

kousoku
03-07-07, 12:50 PM
wow, i'm a bit of an apple hater, but i think i might get an iphone when it is released here.

kula
03-07-07, 12:52 PM
nooooo
dont do it.

apple = the devil.

Shiri
03-07-07, 02:30 PM
I'm not a fan... And the 6110 will be far superior to the N95 as well (Keep an eye out)

http://img.phonedaily.com/img/news_hk/5053/03.jpg

I need a new phone actually and there aren't any out at the moment that are appealing to me (and I work for 3! haha) So I dunno what I'll do... maybe just wait a few more months

van
03-07-07, 02:33 PM
As a 3 employee, what don't you like about the K800i? It's thicker than the K750i obviously, but I find it still nicely slots into my coin pocket, haha.

Shiri
03-07-07, 02:41 PM
I like the K800i! It's an okay phone =b... I just want something classy and stylish... the Shine only has a day battery life, the N95 is too thick, the 6110 style does not appeal to me. I'm just hard to please :P

It's a shame the Iphone is so shit....

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 02:45 PM
Nokia 8600 Luna? That is a stylish phone
If you want more class, maybe Vertu?

Shiri
03-07-07, 02:48 PM
Neither are offered by 3 =b

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 02:51 PM
Neither are offered by 3 =b

That's why I am not with 3 ... :)

Shiri
03-07-07, 02:59 PM
Have u got the 6800? I actually like that...

I got used to the low battery life with my V3XX so I could adapt to the Shine

rupewrecht
03-07-07, 03:08 PM
I think I'm gonna wait for iPhone V2.

Same - and i'm a Mac user.

van
03-07-07, 03:09 PM
I think it's a general fact that when it comes to Apple, it's best to wait till the second generation of the product. That said, it's probably good logic to apply to any device. The Zune is a piece of shit for the most part, but the rumours going around have good things to say about the second incarnation, etc.

scathing
03-07-07, 03:14 PM
People have started to crack the iPhone:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/03/iphone_hacking_progress/

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 03:14 PM
Have u got the 6800? I actually like that...

I got used to the low battery life with my V3XX so I could adapt to the Shine

Nah mate. I've got the Nokia 8800 (brushed stainless steel = nice + less smudge marks)
Battery life of that phone isn't great either, but it came with 2 batteries and a recharge dock, so I can't complain there.

I personally wouldn't touch the Korean phones and the Motorola phones with a 10 foot pole, but that's just me ...
Motorola's UI and built quality is shocking at times (I had 2 before)
The Korean phones I had pretty much last as long as their warranty (I had 2 before as well)

This is the Nokia 8600 Luna for those who have not seen it
http://www.techshout.com/images/luna-8600-nokia.jpg

Mike.V?!
03-07-07, 03:45 PM
Agreed that Motorola make some POS phones. Of the 7-8 people I know who got the RAZR, all of them fucked up within 12 months.

Shiri
03-07-07, 03:51 PM
I've been pretty happy with my V3X? lol

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 03:53 PM
I've been pretty happy with my V3X? lol

You seem unsure ... :)

Shiri
03-07-07, 03:55 PM
Haha it was more of a question statement... I dunno how to explain it

van
03-07-07, 03:59 PM
It's the Aussie way, we often end statements as questions. Some psychology group did a survey on it, haha.

Mike.V?!
03-07-07, 04:02 PM
Are you sure the study wasn't questions as statements, not the other way around?

Mike.V?!
03-07-07, 04:02 PM
Can someone explain the iPhone shuffle? Why would you want to dial random numbers for? Is that serious or a complete joke?

http://www.mikevictory.com/anywhere/groan.jpg

Shiri
03-07-07, 04:07 PM
http://www.mikevictory.com/anywhere/groan.jpg

Is that jeff goldbloom?

van
03-07-07, 04:12 PM
It's some Asian guy, and incidentally, that was the best usage of that image ever.

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 04:17 PM
I see... This is why im still using a 3310.

Stick with it, mate. New phones are too confusing these days.
Before you know it, it'll make buttered toasts and fried eggs while cleaning your room

van
03-07-07, 04:18 PM
New phones are too confusing? Damn. And they let you guys drive cars on public roads? ;) I kid I kid!

Neilus
03-07-07, 04:19 PM
Why would you not want a phone that can butter toast and fry eggs while cleaning my room?

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 04:54 PM
Why would you not want a phone that can butter toast and fry eggs while cleaning my room?

It'll take away your independence, and before you know it ... you won't know how to clean yourself in the dunny with the toilet paper

:)

van
03-07-07, 04:59 PM
"The royal penis is clean, your highness"

Neilus
03-07-07, 08:01 PM
It'll take away your independence, and before you know it ... you won't know how to clean yourself in the dunny with the toilet paper

:)

By that logic, shouldn't you grow all your own food, build your own cars and make your clothes yourself? If you don't you'll lose your independence.

I don't see a problem with things designed to make life easier...

Andy Wana
03-07-07, 09:44 PM
By that logic, shouldn't you grow all your own food, build your own cars and make your clothes yourself? If you don't you'll lose your independence.

I don't see a problem with things designed to make life easier...

I should know better, I am a product designer by profession after all
I wish I can grow my own food sometimes, being able to cook and eat what you grow is such a privilege

josh2.5
03-07-07, 10:23 PM
It's some Asian guy, and incidentally, that was the best usage of that image ever.

I have to agree 100%. Not only is that the best usage of that picture, its also the best reply to any post on any forum ever. I seriosly LOLd so hard cause it was exactly what I was thinking. Absolutely gold. Mike. V you have done yourself proud.

van
03-07-07, 10:32 PM
*hands Josh a straw* ;)

josh2.5
03-07-07, 10:35 PM
*hands Josh a straw* ;)

hahahaha you started it!

van
02-05-08, 01:36 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/080502/2/16p7j.html

Optus to sell iPhone in Australia:

Optus appears to be the winner in the battle to bring the iPhone to Australia, according to a leading IT website.

Website CNET.com.au is reporting that an industry insider has confirmed that Optus will begin selling Apple's iPhone in the last week of June.

The announcement is expected to be confirmed ahead of Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference on June 9 in San Francisco where Apple CEO Steve Jobs is tipped to launch a 3G version of the iPhone.

The current version of the iPhone uses enhanced GSM, known as EDGE or 2.5G, to communicate with the mobile phone network.

Telstra is the only telecommunications company in Australia to support the EDGE network, raising speculation that they were the front runner.

The release of a 3G version of the iPhone opens the way for other carriers, such as Optus and Vodafone.

CNET.com.au also reports that Apple may begin selling unlocked iPhones through its Apple stores and resellers, and that US iPhone carrier AT&T is planning a $US200 ($A214.68 ) price drop on the next generation iPhone.

Garth Ivers
02-05-08, 01:39 PM
thank god it wasn't 3....

eug4emi
02-05-08, 01:46 PM
Great news, I'm all for Optus :D

van
02-05-08, 01:53 PM
I'm on 3 and I've had no problems with them. I find all the carriers are shit in their own special way, though.

Nobbsy
02-05-08, 03:49 PM
i agree...and i work for one of the :P

Shiri
02-05-08, 07:00 PM
I doubt 3 will be getting it even if it becomes 3G due to the way its marketed. From what I know, 3 wouldn't support the way it's displayed in shop, where in shops in HK and UK that sell it, it has it's own stall and is a centre of attention.

Also, what I read on Cnet indicated that optus will get it but it won't be exclusively sold by them.

Trust me... around the corner there are a million times better phones coming out.

van
02-05-08, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I'm hanging out for the all-new Sony Ericsson phones due this quarter. The Xperia looks very damn cool, though I do fear its Windows Mobile platform. Still, they redesigned the interface to suit their needs and hopefully the whole thing works nicely. At this point at least, I trust SE to not be stupid about their choice of OSs without having a clever play up their sleeves ;)

IcemaN
02-05-08, 08:38 PM
ohhhh interesting.
damn i wanted telstra to get it. oh well now optus is going to have to deal with all the iphone problems and complaints.

scathing
02-05-08, 09:06 PM
At this point at least, I trust SE to not be stupid about their choice of OSs without having a clever play up their sleeves ;)

I wouldn't trust Sony to not fuck up, honestly.

My next phone will either be the Xperia X1, or the next 3G Blackberry (assuming its any good as an all-in-one device).

project2
02-05-08, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't trust Sony to not fuck up, honestly.

My next phone will either be the Xperia X1, or the next 3G Blackberry (assuming its any good as an all-in-one device).

Amen, They killed the Konica Minolta SLR's that they brought.

The sony branded devices have yumcha plastic bodies, feel as light as a everyday digital still camera. They got the technology but how they package and market it.. is yumcha

jeffske
09-06-09, 07:11 AM
bump this up

iPhone 3G S (http://www.smh.com.au/news/digital-life/smart-phone/apple-boost-iphone-lineup-with-new-model/2009/06/09/1244313113483.html)

The phone will also feature a 3 megapixel autofocus camera and hands free voice control.

The new phone, called the iPhone 3G S, comes in a 16GB and 32GB versions.

"The 'S' stands for speed, because this is the most powerful iPhone we've ever made," Apple vice president of marketing Phil Schiller said. "What is inside is entirely new."

In Australia, the iPhone 3G S will be available on June 26 with pricing available at launch.

Rad
09-06-09, 09:57 AM
Time for an upgrade me thinks.

Wink
09-06-09, 09:59 AM
Time for an upgrade me thinks.

Not for me... Not going to pay out the remaining 12 months of my current iPhone 3G contract just for this.

Rad
09-06-09, 10:12 AM
Not for me... Not going to pay out the remaining 12 months of my current iPhone 3G contract just for this.

Hmm I'm on a 24 month contract as well with 14 months left. iPhones aren't locked to a sim though, I don't think?

Wink
09-06-09, 10:24 AM
Hmm I'm on a 24 month contract as well with 14 months left. iPhones aren't locked to a sim though, I don't think?

They're not - were you planning to get the 'S' outright?

Anyway here's hoping Optus setup some kind of payout special if you're an existing iPhone 3G customer but want to upgrade to the 'S'

Rad
09-06-09, 10:42 AM
Yeah, get the 'S' outright and give the 3G to my mum :)

[ fuzzy ]
09-06-09, 10:43 AM
On the waiting list at local voda store.

Also waiting to see what telstra do with plans, they're doing a "big" overhaul of their plans in july, so will see what they do as well.

pr1nce
09-06-09, 10:46 AM
Telstra aren't supporting tethering, Optus and Voda are.

Mooksy
09-06-09, 12:29 PM
I can't wait! I need a new phone!

lionhart87
09-06-09, 01:12 PM
i think it i'll get the new iphone now instead of the htc touch diamond2

TurBIce
09-06-09, 01:42 PM
not worth the upgrade if you have an existing iphone 3g.just get the 3.0 os update and see hwo that runs. unless the 3mp cam is really that important.

randyevo
09-06-09, 02:11 PM
Anyone know the current price of the new iphone and where can we see some pictures ?

trism
09-06-09, 02:20 PM
Anyone know the current price of the new iphone and where can we see some pictures ?

here (http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/) is a good site

tonieez
09-06-09, 02:25 PM
Optus and voda don't sell it outright. I work at telechoice. You either have to get it on a plan or pre-paid they dont say anything about pre-paid cause they dont make money out of it

slknv
09-06-09, 02:27 PM
Not planning to upgrade my iphone to this new one, the newer camera isn't a big deal. Battery life - I can get by charging my phone every 2nd or 3rd day.
Software update will be the big thing and that's free in a few weeks anyway.

Plus I reckon when my 24 month contract runs out, there'll be a newer iPhone by then anyway, approx Aug 2010?

However the tethering to Optus is something I really want to know more about, moving into an old house next weekend for a few months before we demolish and build a new one, and tethering would be great for my internet needs; I'd upgrade to their unlimited plan first though!

Tim

simonster
09-06-09, 02:28 PM
here (http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/) is a good site

LOL

D4NM4C
09-06-09, 03:53 PM
ahah

if you are able to upgrade before the end of your contract id def do it, apparently 2x faster lol
and for the autofocus camera/vid... but mostly the speed

Rad
09-06-09, 04:17 PM
Faster processor, double the ram, better camera.. Bummer about the same outer shell.

D4NM4C
09-06-09, 04:29 PM
hah yer forgot about the size, ive filled up mine :(
apparently the new outer shell has oil resistance or some shit like that

Buddah
09-06-09, 05:22 PM
oh my god.

mms!

wow.

striken2o
09-06-09, 06:01 PM
me thinks i'll wait till contract is up and get the model after the "S"

Rkds
09-06-09, 06:20 PM
me thinks i'll wait till contract is up and get the model after the "S"
same this version isnt exiting me

jeffske
09-06-09, 07:26 PM
i believe they're selling the current 3G (8gb only) along side the new 3GS (16gb/32gb) when it's released
the current 3G will be on a cheaper plan, kind of like an "introductory" iPhone

2 features which i think will be cool;

1. track your phone if lost or stolen
2. open your car door

video (http://media.smh.com.au/national/breaking-news/new-apple-iphone-unveiled-561645.html)

wi11iam
09-06-09, 10:38 PM
i was sure there was a app before where it had porn pictures once activated it sends you a email with the google co-ordinates on where your phone is every 10 minutes , thought it was a pretty good idea since people always go thru a stolen phone

i saw it on ign a while back i tried finding the app but had no luck

striken2o
09-06-09, 10:59 PM
i was sure there was a app before where it had porn pictures once activated it sends you a email with the google co-ordinates on where your phone is every 10 minutes , thought it was a pretty good idea since people always go thru a stolen phone

i saw it on ign a while back i tried finding the app but had no luck

pron pics would've meant it never reached the app store, unless it was for a hacked firmware iphone

wi11iam
10-06-09, 07:27 PM
it had like anime pics :)

Aleks.B
10-06-09, 09:30 PM
Im getting mine soon.Going on the optus $19 plan on 24 months.Anyone here have that plan.

kev.inc
10-06-09, 09:44 PM
^ I'm thinking about that plan too. Just waiting for the release of how much the monthly phone payments now.

Kelezzay
11-06-09, 12:09 PM
WHAT! Theres a '$19' plan?

D4NM4C
11-06-09, 12:16 PM
yer but you pay more in handset repayments... im on $49 cap atm but paying $69 after repayments and insurance....

want a 3gs bad...

Wink
11-06-09, 12:42 PM
Faster processor, double the ram, better camera.. Bummer about the same outer shell.

Actually I'm glad it has the same outer shell. It means all the cases/accesories for the iPhone 3G will work with the 'S'.

TurBIce
11-06-09, 01:13 PM
get it kev!! so i can compare mine to yours:P

Aleks.B
11-06-09, 06:20 PM
When you make an account itunes for like apps does that only charge the apps you bought on itunes ont the card or does it also charrge you the apps you bought on the phone to the card?

Rkds
11-06-09, 06:27 PM
the old iphone will still be able to do everything the new one does app ways so you can still locate it and all that.
because of the 3.0 update thats free

Aleks.B
11-06-09, 06:34 PM
No I mean I just got an iphone and went to make an account on itunes so i could download apps but wasnt sure when it asked about payment details I was wondering whether the payment details are only for when you apps on itunes or re they also used for when buying apps on the phone?

Rkds
11-06-09, 06:57 PM
No I mean I just got an iphone and went to make an account on itunes so i could download apps but wasnt sure when it asked about payment details I was wondering whether the payment details are only for when you apps on itunes or re they also used for when buying apps on the phone?
yes but just use an itunes card man :) much better and you can get 2 $40 dollar ones for 10 bucks of and stuff at some retailers

D4NM4C
11-06-09, 06:58 PM
ive hooked up my visa, so i buy anything whenever haha

Aleks.B
11-06-09, 07:06 PM
So when you buy app on the iphone(app store) does it charge you on you plan(eg 49 cap thats what i hve) sorry im new to all this LOL.

Wink
11-06-09, 07:18 PM
So when you buy app on the iphone(app store) does it charge you on you plan(eg 49 cap thats what i hve) sorry im new to all this LOL.

No it charges your iTunes account.
And if your iTunes account is tied to your credit card, it'll charge that.

Mike.V?!
11-06-09, 08:38 PM
I wonder what apps written to take advantage of the extra speed will run like on the 1st gen and 3G

Arkhaeon
11-06-09, 10:29 PM
Would the 19$ optus cap suck balls? I wouldnt mind an iphone for wank factor (and wank factor alone)

Wink
11-06-09, 11:06 PM
Would the 19$ optus cap suck balls? I wouldnt mind an iphone for wank factor (and wank factor alone)

It all depends on how much you call/text/surf the net.
Also, at $19, I think there'd be handset repayments on top of that for the iPhone

TurBIce
12-06-09, 01:44 PM
im on $19 cap.i always go over it.

Rkds
12-06-09, 01:50 PM
Optus Unlimited cap FTW :)

never get over charged bill is about 20 pages every month :)

sanerr
12-06-09, 05:28 PM
'sif pay for apps.

jeffske
23-06-09, 07:46 PM
surprised no one has mentioned Optus' pricing plans

link (http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Template_woRHS&FP=/personal/mobile/iphone3G/iphonepricing&site=personal&cid=iphonepricing)

kev.inc
23-06-09, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Jeff!
Definitely getting one now.

jeffske
23-06-09, 07:58 PM
same here, need an upgrade

D4NM4C
23-06-09, 07:59 PM
thought everyone else knew about it...
i got an email entailing lots of shit haha

Shiri
23-06-09, 08:00 PM
3 Mobile should be getting it either this coming week or next month.

D4NM4C
23-06-09, 08:06 PM
I'll be upgrading depending on what the special package is

"If you are an existing Optus customer, and you want a New Apple iPhone 3G S, make sure you open the emails we send as there is a special offer just for you coming soon. "

thank god for 3.0 copy pasta

rodent
23-06-09, 08:41 PM
FYI, the Virgin Mobile plans (https://www.virginmobile.com.au/shop/p-396-apple-iphone-8-gb-blk.aspx) seem to be much better value for money than the Optus plans, however no info on the 3G S just yet :(

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 10:54 AM
got an email today from apple :D

http://www.apple.com/au/retail/iphone/?cid=AOS-AU-148540-C0009956

Mooksy
24-06-09, 11:16 AM
I am thinking of getting the Optus timeless plan!

Andy Wana
24-06-09, 11:20 AM
I stick with Virgin since their capped plans include international calls and there are no set limits for local calls, sms, pictures, etc. You can spend the included value on international calls alone if you wish so.

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 11:49 AM
Who's network do Virgin use? Curious if their 3G coverage is good or if it is all 2G? Also how does Virgin go for internet connection?

Seems like Optus is the second place provider as far as signal quality goes after Telstra, with their bonus being that the pricing isn't an arse raping like Telstra.

Also the Optus $99 unlimited plan on contract with a 32GB 3G-S comes with the $14.95 internet pack free. Unfortunately this week they dropped their $14.95 internet pack from 1.5GB to 500mb, I'm guessing they could see the usage going up with tethering now being easy to do.

Andy Wana
24-06-09, 11:58 AM
Virgin uses the Optus Network

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 12:04 PM
Reading their plans I think they'll go to shit next week after the new iphone is released just like optus killed their data portion this week. Virgins look to be just under what optus gave you last week.

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 12:11 PM
virgin have much better plans for not much more, shame im locked in for 24mths

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 12:15 PM
Are the international calls included in your cap on the unlimited plan? Otherwise I don't see it as much better than optus being $16 more a month and all you get is another 500mb download quota.

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 12:16 PM
im with optus... what i meant is that id change to virgin if it didnt cost me bajilions

Mooksy
24-06-09, 12:47 PM
ooo.. virgin eh?

Wink
24-06-09, 01:31 PM
got an email today from apple :D

http://www.apple.com/au/retail/iphone/?cid=AOS-AU-148540-C0009956

Goddamn I remember when I got my iPhone - had to get to the city at like 7.30am and then queue for 3 hours before I got it.
Was worth it though :)

I don't think the queues for the 3GS will be as long though.

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 01:38 PM
Goddamn I remember when I got my iPhone - had to get to the city at like 7.30am and then queue for 3 hours before I got it.
Was worth it though :)

I don't think the queues for the 3GS will be as long though.

i was in that queue too (i think thats the coldest ive been!!), however i wanted it prepaid.. they were only giving out contract ones

took me a month before i decided i couldnt wait and am on contract :(

Andy Wana
24-06-09, 01:42 PM
When I joined virgin, one of the perks is that you can leave the contract anytime after 6 mth ... and all you have to pay is the balance of the phone's RRP.
Now that's pretty damn good IMO.

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 01:59 PM
When I joined virgin, one of the perks is that you can leave the contract anytime after 6 mth ... and all you have to pay is the balance of the phone's RRP.
Now that's pretty damn good IMO.

signing up to optus was a pretty big regret. Was told they wouldn't offer it on prepaid a month after I waited. Couple of weeks after they released it on prepaid!!! We'll see what optus will do for upgrades soon.

tonieez
24-06-09, 02:00 PM
Guys i work for telechoice and i think if u only msg alot but not call then get the $59 cap cause you get unlimited sms/mms and up to $680 of calls alone. And the new deal you dont get the yes time anymore.

Pm me if you want to know more info about it.. And as for virgin we havn't heard anything from them yet. Oh and we got our demo in today and the camera is actaully good. And alot of applications are already loaded up for you.

If you want a hook up come to parra telechoice ;) and ask for me

tonieez
24-06-09, 02:06 PM
Best thing to do is wait mate.. You don't wana pay for the upgrade fee

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 02:15 PM
So Optus are dropping the half credit = call anyone and half = call optus only? If that's the case I doubt I'll need the $99

tonieez
24-06-09, 02:28 PM
nah nah.. ok say the old plan was $59 cap yeah, with that cap you only get $350 worth of calls and text and 500mb of data and yes time. Now its replace with $680 of total value. they did it as a solution to get rid of yes time cause they found out no one was using it. so the $59 cap now has:

$330 worth of calls to anyone
then
$350 worth of calls optus to optus (will only be unlocked after $330 has been used up)

it also includes unlimited sms and mms.

it's a very convenient plan.

tonieez
24-06-09, 02:29 PM
oh yes and 700 mb data

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 02:32 PM
Of course no one was using the Yes time, the way they set it up was that you couldn't use it until your normal credit was used. Was a bit tight arsed.

So what's 700mb of data?

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 02:33 PM
bout .7 of a gb

tonieez
24-06-09, 02:35 PM
the old iphone 59 cap had 500 mbs... to that's an obvious 200mb increase in data... on the 79 iphone cap u used to get 700mb now its 1 gig of data they provide. sooooo generous =]

tonieez
24-06-09, 02:48 PM
Of course no one was using the Yes time, the way they set it up was that you couldn't use it until your normal credit was used. Was a bit tight arsed.

So what's 700mb of data?

no yes time was you can call optus to optus between 8-midnight anyday doesnt matter if you had no credit or credit

jaymsee
24-06-09, 03:12 PM
if you want a ripoff deal, come to telstra! but atleast we ahve fast internet and good reception~!

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 03:14 PM
the old iphone 59 cap had 500 mbs... to that's an obvious 200mb increase in data... on the 79 iphone cap u used to get 700mb now its 1 gig of data they provide. sooooo generous =]
What are you guys offering on the $99 unlimited cap with $14.95 data plan? Last week the optus site said 1.5GB, this week it only says 500mb? Although apparently they're crediting the $14.95 back to Iphone 3G-S 32GB 24 month contracts.

tonieez
24-06-09, 04:04 PM
What are you guys offering on the $99 unlimited cap with $14.95 data plan? Last week the optus site said 1.5GB, this week it only says 500mb? Although apparently they're crediting the $14.95 back to Iphone 3G-S 32GB 24 month contracts.

nahh it's still 1.5 GIG for the timeless plans (unlimited calls + message plan). it shouldn't say it's only 500mb.. the timless is different in terms of the iphone plans and normal phone plans. if u get the iphone u get 1.5 gig data. if u get a normal timeless plan with a different phone they only offer 500mbs

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 04:06 PM
Ah awesome, that's a sweet deal after the credit for the data portion, $99 for 1.5GB and unlimited calls/texts, can't complain about that! Their old Iphone plan site explained it all but the new one doesn't, so I had checked with their normal plan site.

Methinks I'll be picking one up Saturday if possible, or at least ordering one.

jeffske
24-06-09, 06:57 PM
vodafone pricing released
link (http://vodafone.com.au/personal/iphone/3gspricing/index.htm)

i'd say this would be the best selling plan for them;

http://vodafone.com.au/personal/iphone/3gspricing/img/iPhone_heropricing.jpg

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 06:59 PM
much better plans albeit a bit more expensive

jeffske
24-06-09, 07:52 PM
oh yes and 700 mb data

i dont think data is included on optus' new caps

link (http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Template_woRHS&FP=/personal/mobile/plansandratesmobile&site=personal)

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 08:42 PM
That's their normal plans, not iphone plans. I already made that mistake :p

jeffske
24-06-09, 09:26 PM
vodafone it is then

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 09:28 PM
What converted you to vodafone? Personally I've heard their 3G coverage is pretty crap, especially in Canberra.

jeffske
24-06-09, 09:32 PM
well optus isn't offering any included data on their iphone yes caps, so whats the point of going with them
and the bs included value on calls split between non-optus and optus is rubbish
unless u sms heaps and dont want any data their plans are somewhat limited

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 09:38 PM
id wait until virgin personally...

jeffske
24-06-09, 09:44 PM
well they better hurry up and release their pricing, i dont want to miss the bandwagon =p

D4NM4C
24-06-09, 09:46 PM
haha they're selling it in july, i think the pricing will be loosely based on vodas

Sicarius123
24-06-09, 10:53 PM
well optus isn't offering any included data on their iphone yes caps, so whats the point of going with them
and the bs included value on calls split between non-optus and optus is rubbish
unless u sms heaps and dont want any data their plans are somewhat limited
lol, did you read my other post?

Here's the optus IPHONE plans :p http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Template_wRHS&FP=/personal/mobile/iphone3G/yesiphonecapplans&site=personal

$19 cap = 100mb
$49 cap = 250mb
$59 cap = 500mb
$79 cap = 700mb
$99 cap = 1500mb

The iphone plans also don't split the calls, as has already been said in this thread :p

jeffske
25-06-09, 07:12 AM
oh sorry, ive misread
thanks ! =)

pr1nce
25-06-09, 09:39 AM
hey guys plan matrix is here
http://www.mactalk.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/planmatrix3gsv2.png

Sicarius123
25-06-09, 09:56 AM
Wow, Telstra's plans are unbelievably bad. Welcome to 2002! Jesus christ.

Andy Wana
25-06-09, 10:12 AM
Go Virgin Mobile

http://www.yourcap.com.au/?i_cid=yourcap010509

Comparison with the other carriers

tonieez
25-06-09, 10:23 AM
guys if your currently with optus and have an iphone and want to upgrade.. optus is waving up to 50% of the early upgrade fee!

tonieez
25-06-09, 10:30 AM
Andy those caps are for normal phones.. we havnt got any news on the new iphone deals.. just keep in mind guys. Iphone has there own deal for every network carrier

Andy Wana
25-06-09, 10:34 AM
Andy those caps are for normal phones.. we havnt got any news on the new iphone deals.. just keep in mind guys. Iphone has there own deal for every network carrier

The pricing is for normal phones, but the same benefits do apply for my current iPhone.
I see things like included international calls, free calls/texts between virgin mobiles ANYTIME and no penalties for bailing out early out of your contract (after 6 mths only) as BIG benefits.

D4NM4C
25-06-09, 01:36 PM
will be able to get my upgrade for ~$450 and guy at work said hed buy mine for $300 so im kinda cheering!

Sicarius123
25-06-09, 01:41 PM
Guys at work found out they'll be up for $870 to out their contract early, apparently Optus don't like you doing it in less than 12 months lol.

D4NM4C
25-06-09, 02:00 PM
Guys at work found out they'll be up for $870 to out their contract early, apparently Optus don't like you doing it in less than 12 months lol.

yup thats correct
but then you get a discount!!
i got 40% discount

Kelezzay
25-06-09, 02:03 PM
Anyone selling there iPhone?

Sicarius123
25-06-09, 02:13 PM
Guy here who rang up was on 4 months, they wont offer him a discount. The other guy on 6 months hasn't called yet, he's doing it monday when it is actually released.

Anyone know if optus will do deals if you port two numbers to them on contract with a phone? Or is the best deal you'll get having them on one bill with free calls between them?

Any of those mall phone stores doing deals with PS3's or LCD TV's if you sign up two contracts at once?

D4NM4C
25-06-09, 02:13 PM
depending on how my meeting with optus goes this arvo, i may be

tonieez
25-06-09, 02:38 PM
^good to hear =] good luck

Rad
25-06-09, 03:15 PM
I might upgrade tomorrow, works out to be a $495 'upgrade cost' for me.

D4NM4C
25-06-09, 07:23 PM
same boat here rad, guy at work is buying mine for $300 though hehe

pr1nce
26-06-09, 02:21 PM
copped my 32gb black today

my 16gb black 3G is now for sale ;)

Philip Lee
26-06-09, 02:25 PM
copped my 32gb black today

I got a white 1 too hehe.

D4NM4C
26-06-09, 02:30 PM
lined up, got to the front
and decided fuck this...

old skool 3g ftw

Sicarius123
26-06-09, 02:40 PM
Went in this morning, got half way through signing up, found out my pre-paid account had a mis-spell in my name and my medicare card had expired last month lol. Grabbing my new medicare card this afternoon and had to wait 4 hours for the name adjustment on my pre paid to go through.

He's holding me a black 32gb and a white 32gb for my girlfriend to come in and pick up tonight.

JAY!
26-06-09, 04:25 PM
will pick up an 32gb soon, which pre-paid should i go with?

Middle Man
26-06-09, 05:02 PM
You guys do realise that there will be a faster, bigger version in probably.....1.5yrs time again? :)

sanerr
26-06-09, 05:07 PM
What's this trading up scheme and how does it work?

I've been on my plan for around 6 months or something, with optus, im on 129 timeless, does anyone know how i'd upgrade? what the price would be and if i'd have to extend my contract or anything?

Sicarius123
26-06-09, 05:08 PM
1 years time :p

I didn't get the original iphone 3G due to thinking 16gb was too small, no landscape keyboard, camera being shit, no mms and no tactile keyboard.

They fixed all that except the tactile keyboard with the latest update, and all the tactile keyboard smart phones seem to suck arse as a media device.

Sicarius123
26-06-09, 05:12 PM
129 timeless? Do you actually use 3Gb of data or is that just the new plan?

I can't see a need to have anything higher than the $99 timeless.

sanerr
26-06-09, 05:29 PM
tether the phone and you'll see why 3gb is better, but alot of the time i dont go over, i just like the idea that i'll never ever go over that amount and get a nasty surprise

Sicarius123
26-06-09, 05:31 PM
My laptop battery lasts about 8 minutes, so I'm not particularly worried about tethering a lot haha.

Speaking of which though, how accurate is the optus usage meter app?

sanerr
26-06-09, 05:35 PM
no idea i don't use it.
the reason i want to upgrade is i dropped my phone in water about a week and a bit ago, it works fine, everything works perfectly, but the backlight is gone. I can't see a thing unless im outside during the day, or under a lamp. Fail.

Mooksy
26-06-09, 06:11 PM
YAY! I just got my 32gb white iPhone with Optus timeless cap!! :P

jeffske
26-06-09, 07:04 PM
16gb S here

Sicarius123
26-06-09, 11:22 PM
How do you re-organise your home screen? i accidently added shit i dont want anymore, and i want to re-organise my apps.

jeffske
26-06-09, 11:31 PM
hold down on any app for 5seconds and they start to jiggle, then u can move around or press the x in the corner to delete

Sicarius123
26-06-09, 11:39 PM
Nice! Much better :)

Wink
26-06-09, 11:44 PM
To all new iPhone owners, jailbreak:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/3662809608_691daa768b.jpg

sanerr
27-06-09, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't own an iPhone that wasnt jalbroken..

Sicarius123
27-06-09, 10:38 AM
Is the new iPhone jailbroken now? I didn't think it had been. Link?

Wink
27-06-09, 10:53 AM
Is the new iPhone jailbroken now? I didn't think it had been. Link?

Nah not yet but iPhone Dev Team say very soon.

Keep an eye out on their blog:
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Sicarius123
27-06-09, 11:36 AM
Some more questions lol

1) What's a good site for covers and screen protectors?

2) What's a good store to buy leather cases from (just want a slip in / slip out, not these flip front crap, camera hole for 3G seems a little too small for 3G-S)

3) What's a good site for wallpapers?

wi11iam
27-06-09, 11:54 AM
invisible shield is what i use to protect my iphone but if you want a case i think griffin make the best ones i may be wrong, JB HIFI, APPLE STORE,platinum mobile stores

wallpapers.....umm maybe zedge.net
iringer is good for making ringtones and its free

i think ill wait 2-3 more months to upgrade to 3G S :)

wi11iam
27-06-09, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQcv3ETEQdM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJH3xZ5ZDwE&feature=channel

testing the material used to make invisible shield

Sicarius123
27-06-09, 12:52 PM
hmm, just had a glitch where the apps would open for 2 secs then close. google showed it was an issue that appeared when 2.0 first came out which is fixed by installing a new app. Bit retarded it's come back with 3.0?

Mooksy
28-06-09, 04:14 AM
I am so addicted to my new phone :)

Where can you download Jailbreaker?

Wink
28-06-09, 09:49 AM
I am so addicted to my new phone :)

Where can you download Jailbreaker?

It's not out yet.

prodstar
28-06-09, 10:25 AM
do theses phones come prepaid or only contract?

Sicarius123
28-06-09, 10:39 AM
Not sure if you can get the new ones pee paid, you might still be able to get the old 16gig that way. Most of the telcos are phasing out being able to buy them outright or pre paid with the new plans.

Mooksy
29-06-09, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know why does 3 of my apps turned grey??

It works and the apps display has turned into grey screen and I have restarted my phone :(

beermonkey
29-06-09, 04:21 PM
hrmm.. there seems to be some decent plans out.. i might ditch my old 2G iphone for the new 3GS iphone..

mooksy: have you tried removing and reinstalling the app again?

D4NM4C
29-06-09, 04:29 PM
my normal 3g screen doesnt sit flush and its pissing me off, i might wait a while and then take it back to apple and see how they replaced a obsolete 16gb :D

Sicarius123
29-06-09, 04:55 PM
i bet they put a new screen in it ;p

Shiri
29-06-09, 06:25 PM
FYI guys, 3 Mobile SHOULD release it on this coming Friday the 3rd of July.

Anyone heard of overheating isseus?

reaper
29-06-09, 06:27 PM
32gb 3gs

liking it so far

jeffske
29-06-09, 07:53 PM
do theses phones come prepaid or only contract?

optus has prepaid, for a premium