PDA

View Full Version : So I was watching Wolf Creek last night....

ntensity
01-09-06, 07:43 PM
Based on true story....30,000 people go missing every year?

Is this film 4 real?

Maybe its put me off travelling to Aussie... :?
Then again i might just stick to urban areas like Sydney, Melbourne etc...
Oh also how does NZ compare to Aussie...other than size?

I heard u lot were in need of more people in your country...wheres in other cases...this country is turning into shambles...I jus wanna get out of here!!! Need to take a year out and go travelling!! Its my dream :P

Oh a GTR34 is too hehe.

Alfadog
02-09-06, 10:25 AM
A lot of people go missing each year, in every country. However, note that a lot of the missing persons are runaways, accidents, untold suicide, eloping, etc. etc.! And the wide majority are found in a short time anyway. Of course NZ will have less, but they have more missing sheep :lol:

Just don't go driving off into the desert with nothing more than kombi van full up with petrol and a Mars bar. It is a dangerous place out there if you get stranded. Frankly, some weirdo picking you up and cutting you up or whatever would be the last of my worries!!!!

P.S. I have heard that an estimated 210,000 people go missing each year in England...... so by that logic you are safer here :P

doofus
02-09-06, 06:19 PM
,but they have more missing sheep :lol:

hahah, oh thats a cruel joke
LOL!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justin Fox
21-09-06, 08:32 PM
I've not seen this film, too scared to as I so wanna go to the big rock in the centre of Aus.

milkman
21-09-06, 11:23 PM
don't be a girl, it's actually not as scary as they say it is.

Alanski
22-09-06, 12:12 AM
ahahah wolf creek hrmm, it looks and sound scary.
i havent even seen it
and i work at blockbuster :)

Justin Fox
22-09-06, 10:03 AM
lol.

josh2.5
22-09-06, 10:11 AM
I've not seen this film, too scared to as I so wanna go to the big rock in the centre of Aus.

hahaha thank christ im not the only one here. i just dont 'do' scary movies. to much of a pussy haha. much rather a good comedy anyday

MFN-MAN
22-09-06, 12:05 PM
i dont do scary movies either...but got conned into watching it...

if u dont do scary movies...then just dont do it...my only advice...it's a mind f#%k more than anything... :lol: :oops:

mr crex
22-09-06, 12:48 PM
its prob one of the best aussie films I've seen in a long long time.

thumbs up from me :)

SUGA
22-09-06, 10:51 PM
thumbs up from me too..!

VTECMACHINE
23-09-06, 03:42 AM
Great movie. but F**k it's scary in like *F%#K DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN... OMG... POOR PEOPLE* type thing. Really scares the crap outta you, especially when the bad guy it like superman and never dies, or leaves the other people alone. lol

bathurst-91
27-09-06, 09:42 AM
its NOT really scary rather than completely disturbing.. Yes 30,000 people go missing each year.. and probably 29,900 are found to have run away, or left on their own terms etc etc etc. Its the same in every country. That said what I find more disturbing was the bit at the end.

The main guy actor who was abducted.. basically what we viewed in the movie must have been his account. He was helped out buy a country dood, wokeup nailed to a cross with barking dogs and a carcass of someone half eaten.

Ofcourse what we saw happen to the chicks is all made-up. They havent been found.

The guy would have given an account that he travelled for a few hours in the dark in a certain direction from the wolf creek crator. If he got even one turn off wrong, or his timing wrong, or whatever that would have thrown any search off by 10's of km's. And in a large area like that who knows whats out there...

Whats disturbing is the Guys account of events are possibly entirely true... he is after all living in S.A and didnt get charged with anything.

Justin Fox
27-09-06, 09:44 AM
Scary.

rodent
27-09-06, 10:51 AM
its NOT really scary rather than completely disturbing.. Yes 30,000 people go missing each year.. and probably 29,900 are found to have run away, or left on their own terms etc etc etc. Its the same in every country. That said what I find more disturbing was the bit at the end.

The main guy actor who was abducted.. basically what we viewed in the movie must have been his account. He was helped out buy a country dood, wokeup nailed to a cross with barking dogs and a carcass of someone half eaten.

Ofcourse what we saw happen to the chicks is all made-up. They havent been found.

The guy would have given an account that he travelled for a few hours in the dark in a certain direction from the wolf creek crator. If he got even one turn off wrong, or his timing wrong, or whatever that would have thrown any search off by 10's of km's. And in a large area like that who knows whats out there...

Whats disturbing is the Guys account of events are possibly entirely true... he is after all living in S.A and didnt get charged with anything.
Huh? I thought it was an amalgamation of different stories from the Joanne Lees case, Ivan Milat + the backpacker killings etc. I didn't think there was just one story behind it.