PDA

View Full Version : Ahh so why was my thread deleted??

Matt Mead
05-11-08, 10:40 AM
I started a thread in General automotive discussion, stating that the Improved production nationals was on this weekend at Oran Park

and Jack Yick (proconcept sponsered car) was going for the national title!!

and it seems to got deleted.. i dont really care that it was deleted, but i do care that i wasent informed why it was!!! didnt think i broke any of the fourm rules!!

cheers

Gorilla
05-11-08, 10:48 AM
Ahh yeah, sorry Matt that was me, but its Breah of the new rules:

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=12910

Matt Mead
05-11-08, 10:51 AM
I thought it might of been that, i hardly doubt anything bad is going to happen at a sancntioned CAMS race meet, aswell as its supporting a forum sponser ;)

Shiri
05-11-08, 01:46 PM
I guess they are drawing a hard line on this.

van
05-11-08, 02:01 PM
We are. However it's still a work in progress and as problems come up, the process will change to suit the needs of the situation. Bear with us while we get our heads around it. :)

Matt Mead
05-11-08, 02:48 PM
seems alittle silly in this case, but that is life. Maybe a PM should be put into the Protocol when deleteing threads :)

Gorilla
05-11-08, 03:07 PM
Na, the rules are there in that link, its not hard.

black200
05-11-08, 03:09 PM
maybe each thread should be validated by a moderator before it turns up on the forum

Justin Fox
05-11-08, 03:27 PM
In this case I believe this event should be posted under events. Matt PM me the details I'll post it up.

VTECMACHINE
05-11-08, 03:33 PM
Shanes a Nazi! hahahahaha. Love you Shane.

Bodgy Racing Developments
05-11-08, 03:33 PM
i know on some forums mods have to 'approve' of a thread before it actually becomes public.

maybe an idea?

wasabi
05-11-08, 04:59 PM
i know on some forums mods have to 'approve' of a thread before it actually becomes public.

maybe an idea?

i think this is a better way of doing things or there will be very little event coverage/notification unless mods are going to put lots of effort in..

Kinda feels like our community just died a little.

tonieez
05-11-08, 05:34 PM
Kinda feels like our community just died a little.

x2

Shiri
05-11-08, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't say it died a little... as the banner says, it's trying to rediscover it's roots hehe. I'd say it's reviving!

rusty1
05-11-08, 05:40 PM
Sounds a bit time consuming(filtering threads) considering the amount of threads posted up 24/7.

To have JDM sanctioned events keeps respect for those that organise it,participate in it, and, for the integrity of the site :)

van
05-11-08, 05:45 PM
Settle down fellas, we're not actively trying to make everyone's lives hard. We'll arrive at an agreeable solution in short order, just give us more than 5 minutes to do that.

Bodgy Racing Developments
06-11-08, 12:23 PM
Sounds a bit time consuming(filtering threads) considering the amount of threads posted up 24/7.

To have JDM sanctioned events keeps respect for those that organise it,participate in it, and, for the integrity of the site :)

agreed, i think it would end up being easier for mods personally. I mean there are alot of ppl on this forum that i think everyone here knows are credible and wont organise dodgy meets etc. so instead of pm-ing them with the details, and the mods having to write it up, i think the whole they approve threads for meets would be easier.

i know if i was a mod id personally prefer to go through a page of event requests rather then going through all my pms, finding out which ones are event orientated etc.

zawrilla
07-11-08, 05:43 PM
agreed, i think it would end up being easier for mods personally. I mean there are alot of ppl on this forum that i think everyone here knows are credible and wont organise dodgy meets etc. so instead of pm-ing them with the details, and the mods having to write it up, i think the whole they approve threads for meets would be easier.

i know if i was a mod id personally prefer to go through a page of event requests rather then going through all my pms, finding out which ones are event orientated etc.

While that's fair enough, I think the point now is that the events section isn't to be used for any events as such, but really only for JDMST organised/promoted events. Perhaps when all this becomes sorted, there can be acceptance of some other events that aren't purely organised by JDMST.
To kick out all the crap, it looks like this has to be done so that we won't have the problems JDMST seems to be encountering of late.

Buddah
08-11-08, 08:08 AM
Just throwing my thoughts out there. Maybe the mods could make an approved trusted users list, allowing them to create threads in the events section. And have other users posts viewed by a mod before posting?

Like I said just a thought.

Neilus
08-11-08, 08:51 AM
Sounds good. Or maybe we could swing for the fences and introduce some kind of caste system.

Arkhaeon
10-02-09, 12:35 AM
Even an officially sanctioned event can have a douche ruin it; How about a condition of entry to any event, is that all douche-fags will get punched in the ovaries by ALL other members of the club?

I've been to plenty of events where a random knobjockey in a commodore or honda does a big single peeler to 'impress' us. Outside observers always assume the random is a part of the peaceful gathering though, which thus gives a negative outlook on a completely innocent party.

My recommendation is to allow posts to be made, but utilising the reporting system to point mods towards 'suspect' meets (such as "omg bros letz mete up at KKs den do sum skidz n shit yo").

Funnily enough, the first JDMST meet I went to; I wasn't even a member here yet! Meeting some of the champs there, prompted me to start posting :)