PDA

View Full Version : Where do you ride?

benxxx
11-11-08, 11:20 AM
Where does everyone ride for fun, and why do you like it ?

I go putty road mostly cause it has a good range of corners and you can do part of it for a quick ride and all of it for a long ride, it's pretty quiet too.

I do old pac from time to time, it's pretty good but too many people most the time, the closed section is fun at the moment though as you can ride around the sign and have a play in there.

Galston gorge is good, but very very tight. but still lots of fun, would be perfect for a motard

Keven
11-11-08, 11:49 AM
Theres heaps and heaps of open roads out here :D

benxxx
11-11-08, 11:56 AM
Yeah I'm planning a trip up there soon, will come in via bells line @ richmond, then have a look at the motorsport museum, not sure if I'll ride anywhere else around there unless there is something special you can let me know about :D

brasher
11-11-08, 11:59 AM
Menai bush
Kembla MX
Appin MX
Wattagans State Forest
Appin Home MX

Racist thread, some people give no fuck for pavement :lol:

Keven
11-11-08, 12:15 PM
Yeah I'm planning a trip up there soon, will come in via bells line @ richmond, then have a look at the motorsport museum, not sure if I'll ride anywhere else around there unless there is something special you can let me know about :D

Let me know when your up here, theres a few Ducati girls and Ninja boys who frequent the unrestricted speed roads :)

Menai bush
Kembla MX
Appin MX
Wattagans State Forest
Appin Home MX

Come out here and try Lowes Mount, let me know if you need a guide, I garantee you will love it!

benxxx
11-11-08, 12:43 PM
Let me know when your up here, theres a few Ducati girls and Ninja boys who frequent the unrestricted speed roads :)

Sounds like fun, are these private roads ? or just really quiet ones ?

Menai bush
Kembla MX
Appin MX
Wattagans State Forest
Appin Home MX

I'll let you come and ride at my place when I move up the mountain, I back onto national park :D

Keven
11-11-08, 12:53 PM
Sounds like fun, are these private roads ? or just really quiet ones ?

I'll let you come and ride at my place when I move up the mountain, I back onto national park :D

Both... and I hope the invite in extended out here too :D

danielb
11-11-08, 01:46 PM
denied!

I normally head to the natio and head towards stanwell tops, but with more and more people reporting deers and wombats walking all over the road i'm not so keen to keep riding there :lol:

Get a lot of traffic there on the weekends too

benxxx
11-11-08, 01:58 PM
denied!

I normally head to the natio and head towards stanwell tops, but with more and more people reporting deers and wombats walking all over the road i'm not so keen to keep riding there :lol:

Get a lot of traffic there on the weekends too

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Natio, even if I was closer to it I'd be hesident, I've heard of lots of animals and slippery bits on the road. I know what you mean about traffic, the tarago car club of australia always seem to cruise there lol

Both... and I hope the invite in extended out here too :D

Yeah it's a free bush, I'll just provide a nice entry to it :D

Roadster
18-11-08, 09:24 PM
I used to do the nasho and old pac on a bright sunny days.
Dying to do the oxley hwy but.

Garth Ivers
18-11-08, 11:05 PM
from home to work
sometimes i get to detour to the city
lol....

i need a faster bike... what about this? baha

http://www.too-hip.com/w650_01.JPG

Rob86
19-11-08, 04:37 PM
yo garth where the hell did you find that thing?
its a w650 frame and engine with an ass load of new jack mods.

i know this dude with a yamha xs650 for sale which could be turned into something like this haha hint hint

Garth Ivers
19-11-08, 11:25 PM
ur selling the xs? DUDE... how much? call me!

its a w650 with tzr250r front forks/brakes/triples/guard etc
custom discs
RK excel rims
zephyr 1100 swingarm and rear brake
ohlins rear susp
original W series tank
clip ons
2 into 1 muff

etcetcetc

Will
22-06-10, 02:19 PM
- Old Pacific Highway ~ Sydney to Gosford :mrgreen:
- Royal National Park ~ Sutherland to Wollongong :mrgreen:
- Liverpool to Wollongong - through heathcote rd

had to revive this thread :D

PA70NG
22-06-10, 03:05 PM
Old Pac only. There every Sunday lol

Do the full length once or twice then start lapping between Pie in the Sky and the Kangaroo Pt Cruise Terminal.

Have also linked it up into a loop with Wisemans and also towards Wollombi.

Hate Natio though.

And yet to do Putty

Taikyu
22-06-10, 03:19 PM
I haven't been riding long so I've only done nasho and galston.
Found the road at nasho was good but there is alot of traffic.

Also done Galston I don't live far from there so gave it a try, after that I didn't need to practise for my P's I mastered a U-turn by the end of it. :P

I want to try Putty and Old Pac next...

Will
22-06-10, 03:37 PM
I haven't been riding long so I've only done nasho and galston.
Found the road at nasho was good but there is alot of traffic.

Also done Galston I don't live far from there so gave it a try, after that I didn't need to practise for my P's I mastered a U-turn by the end of it. :P

I want to try Putty and Old Pac next...

old pac is really good.

if you havent been riding that long you should stay away from putty

i heard the roads are really bad.

PA70NG
22-06-10, 04:06 PM
Just be wary on OP.

There was HWP running up and down through there on Sunday pulling over some poor suckers.

I can't commit to this Sunday, but if anyones keen, organise OP run for the weekend after?

Otherwise, just say hi, if you see a black bike with gold stars on it at RW or Robertson :)

Taikyu
22-06-10, 04:06 PM
Cheers will keep that in mind about Putty, last time I was there I was in my car so I didn't notice too much.

Is Old Pac really busy on the weekends? Do alot of riders go there?

What about Macqurie Pass? I remember a while back on my down that way I saw a heap of bikers at this dinner place, it was close to Macquarie pass so I was assuming they were doing the twisties there.

PA70NG
22-06-10, 04:16 PM
Yeah OP is very busy on fair weather days

danielb
22-06-10, 07:05 PM
Putty Road isn't 'bad', i think it's probably one of the best rides, heading out to singleton there are some epic sections.

kriZy
22-06-10, 07:09 PM
I ride in town cause my mates all got rid of their bikes.
It's just to keep the bike alive and running cause its a 2stroke.
I want to goto those roads u all talk about..

jaayy
22-06-10, 08:50 PM
preety much city riding but most weekends ill do one of the following:
wisemans ferry
putty
bells line - gets packed in the arvo on the way back

havnt done pac & natio on the bike yet... wanna hit them up soon :D

chindodood
26-06-10, 10:24 AM
anyone riding today :)

Paulstar
26-06-10, 10:32 AM
where you thinking of going?

chindodood
26-06-10, 12:13 PM
dunno anywer good to ride?
nice n relaxing haha n cops trouble
only got 2 points left til next month :)

Paulstar
26-06-10, 12:27 PM
lol

looks like its getting sunny, old pac would be busy + HWP and bells line will still be too slick and wet from all the rains of late....boring:!:

chindodood
26-06-10, 01:41 PM
awws i guess jst go city n back lol

Paulstar
26-06-10, 03:46 PM
:mrgreen: I elected to wash the car instead, weekend traffic succkkssss

Paulstar
28-06-10, 11:05 AM
Went up to Katoomba yesterday! Beautiful ride..

Light traffic, no cops, cool but not cold just smooth riding up with autumn leaves hanging off trees on both sides going up was fantastic, maybe even poetic! :twisted: Coming down with frozen fingers, back getting sore, heavy traffic....different story! :evil:

There is a tunnel not far to Katoomba, kicked it down a few cogs and let the Yoshimura scream! I made the tunnel soundgasm :mrgreen:

chindodood
28-06-10, 07:48 PM
was riding the other night wit a friend
highway patrol followed us from stanmore all the way to anzac bridge haha

chindodood
02-07-10, 09:16 PM
where ppl meet to go op :)

chindodood
03-07-10, 12:33 PM
anyone riding tonight??

SfS
03-07-10, 01:17 PM
I went riding today, out Northern rd, through the back of Landilo up to old Windsor rd, then to Parra and home.

Wasn't full of awesome corners but it was good just to get out!

chindodood
03-07-10, 04:51 PM
went riding wit 2 mates today to old pac pretty good :)

c0LL1n
04-07-10, 01:48 AM
When i had my bike, used to do Old Pac, RNP to Bald Hill Lookout, Henry Lawson drive, Watsons bay and Eastern Suburbs Run through Bondi, Coogee until Brighton Le Sands.

Paulstar
04-07-10, 09:14 AM
Did a small part of putty road yesterday (short on time) *thumbs up

benxxx
04-07-10, 05:08 PM
I did the first part today, it's been a few months for me, good to be back, heard there were some police about on saturday, did you come across any ?

Paulstar
04-07-10, 06:30 PM
Yes, luckily some riders gave the signal as we headed in so we backed it off and took it nice and easy, made sure to notify other riders too ;)

Paulstar
18-07-10, 12:36 AM
went again today, 160km round trip! thanks the 4wd with dirt bikes that warned me about the undercover as I was heading out :cool:

Had an "oh shit" moment as i changed lanes on the way to putty road. I indicated to the right lane, leaned in and accelerated it. The engine free revved pretty hard and the bike ass slipped sideways more an more! I shut the revs off surprisingly smoothly and it all came back just as fast as it all ran away ;)

Turned back an stopped to see wtf happened, there was gravel everywhere! ATGATT and always be careful. Sorry to be alarmist by some small rocks on the road really can finish up your day / like like that:!: for the record i was goign around 40k's after just taking off from a light and going around a car.