PDA

View Full Version : Where to get portable Aircon refilled?

R0yalT
02-12-08, 12:16 PM
Hey jdmst'ers,

Just need to know where to get my portable air-con refilled with whatever it is they consume (some sort of coolant).

Well I'm pretty sure its the coolant because all it does is blow out air via the fan and not the aircon. Frustration got the better of me and i Kicked it and it tilted for about a second and it worked for that 1 second. So i tilted the air-con and it works, well not anymore, guess it ate up the rest of whatever was inside. :mad:

So where can i get this portable air-con refilled!

Middle Man
02-12-08, 01:26 PM
Ummm.......have you read the manual?

Don't these portable things just take water?

Time
02-12-08, 01:32 PM
If its what i think it is.... as above, they take water!

R0yalT
02-12-08, 01:56 PM
you serious? i lsot the manual, yeh i thought they took water too. damn, i guess i have to strip the house down to look for it.

Thanks mate

Kelezzay
03-12-08, 01:02 AM
Yeah bummer same thing happened, and I'm air con less!

dopey
03-12-08, 08:17 AM
Well it depends - is it an evaporative cooler or is it an actual air conditioner? If you're not sure of this - does it have a pipe you have to put from the back of it out the window for hot air, and a little water pipe you put outside as well? If so, then it's a proper portable air conditioner. If it doesn't have either of those things chances are it's just an evaporative cooler which you fill with water.

If it's a proper portable air conditioner, just do a few calls with the brand/model, chances are just about any air conditioning service place could do it.

R0yalT
03-12-08, 07:52 PM
Well it depends - is it an evaporative cooler or is it an actual air conditioner? If you're not sure of this - does it have a pipe you have to put from the back of it out the window for hot air, and a little water pipe you put outside as well? If so, then it's a proper portable air conditioner. If it doesn't have either of those things chances are it's just an evaporative cooler which you fill with water.

If it's a proper portable air conditioner, just do a few calls with the brand/model, chances are just about any air conditioning service place could do it.

thanks mate, yeh its a proper air-conditioner then. Saves me time having to look for the bloody manual :cool: