PDA

View Full Version : The Anime Thread

Pages : [1] 2

van
03-12-06, 04:18 PM
I just finished watching the Samurai Champloo (http://www.madman.com.au/samuraichamploo/index2.html) series, and I've now reorganised my fave anime series' of all time ;)

1. Cowboy Bebop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop)
2. Samurai Champloo (http://www.madman.com.au/samuraichamploo/index2.html)
3. Macross Plus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Plus) (miniseries)
4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Stand_Alone_Complex) (all)
5. Beck (http://beckfansite.com/) (though the manga is better)

The top 4 are actually a really close call, as each of them had a major impact on me at various points - Macross Plus especially - but I think they're in the right order of importance to me.

Mike.V?!
03-12-06, 04:27 PM
Our lists are almost identical, pasano. I'd drop Macross Plus and add Neon Genesis though.

Flawless
03-12-06, 05:02 PM
dragon ball z/gt has always been my fav anime :D

i still watch it on foxtel sometimes.

VTECMACHINE
03-12-06, 05:53 PM
mann... Flawless i'm with you all the wayyyyy. DBZ baby!

van
03-12-06, 06:52 PM
DBZ ain't anime, it's a kids show :P

The one main memory I have of DBZ is that each 30 minute episode was 25 minutes worth of Goku powering up and yelling.

VTECMACHINE
03-12-06, 06:54 PM
... and nothing has changed.

lovesil
03-12-06, 07:15 PM
Does Robotech (original) considered a anime?? If yes, that's my number 1 anime.

van
03-12-06, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I'd count it. Even though it was funded by Harmony Gold and made up mostly of scenes cut from various JDM anime (lolz JDM), it still serves as a lot of westerners first introduction to anime and deserves a mention for that fact alone.

Fr3aKi3
03-12-06, 09:00 PM
I'd have to say that Azumanga Daioh has got to be somewhere at the top of my fav anime list. It's just so random that you can watch any episode at anytime and still enjoy it.

Omawari_San
04-12-06, 12:20 AM
Doraemon (Yes I know, but I guess thats the influence of a japanese girlfirend...)
Jin Roh
Initial D
The moving Castle
hotaru no haka (don't know the english title. Good but sad)

Justin Fox
04-12-06, 09:47 AM
I don't watch any of it anymore, sad really.

scathing
04-12-06, 10:41 AM
The Vision of Escaflowne
Trigun
Rurouni Kenshin
Cowboy Bebop

Macross Plus / Starblazers / Battle of the Planets are all series' I remember from my youth, although I can't really call them "favourites" anymore.

van
04-12-06, 10:49 AM
I still watch Macross Plus even now haha, so I guess that's a good indicator that it's in my all time faves list!

Mike.V?!
04-12-06, 01:04 PM
The Patlabor movies were fantastic, have you seen those?

Buddy
04-12-06, 01:08 PM
clearly initial D is the winner here..i mean the hero drive such an amazing little car!!

van
04-12-06, 01:19 PM
The Patlabor movies were fantastic, have you seen those?

Yeah, and they rate among my fave anime movies of all time. But I was sticking to series. Unfortunately, the Patlabor OVAs weren't quite as amazing as the movies.

Mike.V?!
04-12-06, 01:26 PM
Oh! Full Metal Alchemist! How could I forget that one..

Mike.V is really showing his true nerd colours today, folks.

shonen
04-12-06, 02:27 PM
Oh man I cant keep it to just 4 !!!

Currently not watching as much and only following two...
Naruto and Bleach.

Other classics in my collection that I love in no particular order are:

Kenshin
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
GTO
Fruits Basket (Yes a bit femine I know...but meh..haha)
Prince of Tennis
Evangelion
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Pat Labor
Ninja Scroll
Yakitate Japan (Anime about making Bread..sounds boring but its awesome !)
Initial D !!!!!!!
Alchemist series..

van
04-12-06, 02:32 PM
Hahaha I love Yakitate! I've read most of the manga, but haven't seen the anime.

Flawless
04-12-06, 02:58 PM
La blue girl...

jokes :D

Marc
04-12-06, 03:10 PM
:o :?:

[ekkY]
04-12-06, 04:12 PM
Ninja scroll
street fighter
fury's fighters

Levos1
04-12-06, 04:21 PM
Tekkaman Blade FTW!!!!!

van
04-12-06, 04:37 PM
Shit, how could I forget Tekkamen Blade / Teknoman!! I gotta download that.

ozstrider
05-12-06, 12:59 AM
I got the whole series up to the newest ep of Bleach of my friend recently, so im totally friggin addicted to that right. It kills afew hours quite easily. =D

shonen
05-12-06, 02:19 PM
Yeah bleach is AWESOME...

But after Ichigo comes back from Soul Society after rescuing Rukia the story goes off on a tangent to the Manga series.

The manga series continues on the main storyline involving and also explaining what Captain Aizen and his minions are planning etc...

But the Anime brings these new breed of enemies called Bounto into play which to be honest is a waste of time I reckon and a bit of a filler......

Speaking of filllers, im sooo sick of the fillers in Naruto at the moment, but being as pedantic as I am I HAVE to have all the eps hahaha..

Mike.V?!
05-12-06, 02:33 PM
For the anime what they should have done is expanded on the Kakashi Gaiden. If they didn't want to jump into the new era arc right away I would have loved to seen more of junior Kakashi.

Oh, Hollow-Ichigo FTW!

shonen
05-12-06, 02:35 PM
Yeah Hollow-Ichigo is the best.....but in the manga series he still cant hold that form for extended periods of time !

Mike.V?!
05-12-06, 02:38 PM
Hey it was enough to pwn the moustache guy in last week's issue.

shonen
05-12-06, 02:40 PM
thanks for spoiling it for me Mike !!! :P

hahaha I have a few eps of the manga go go through, been too busy lately so no time for it !

Time to catch up !

Mike.V?!
05-12-06, 02:56 PM
oh no sorry!

RaYmO
05-12-06, 03:09 PM
Ninja Scroll (FTW!)
Crying Freeman (anyone remember that one?)
Mysterious Cities of Gold (I bought the set from eBay for $15 8) - Its just not the same as when I watched it during my childhood)
Bleach (I got all the episodes, only watched the first 2 so far)
Urotsukidoji (I DL it ages ago, watched it last month, no idea what its about - mostly pron)

My all time fav is Slam Dunk! - Ive got the complete box set from HK and its awesome. Its translated in Cantonese with no subtitles so my GF cant appreciate it as much as I do. Its an absolutely awesome series (if you're into cartoons and Basketball that is)

xero
05-12-06, 10:04 PM
Tekkaman Blade FTW!!!!!

damn straight!!! that was the best show... and macross saga... and cowboy bebop... and the only one i have a boxed set of is INITIAL D, and of course i have about 4 cards for the game as well...
i should really get the box set of the new series of initial d, and no not the crappy americanized version!! which was really really shit!!! they ruined it completely they even changed the opening theme which is the best part!! i have stage 2 theme as my ring tone...

i dont like battle of the planets, but what about gundam, gundam wing, endless waltz, and whatever the new one is called (i forget)...

and pretty much anything by miyazaki...

every time i go to JB hifi, im either looking at car dvds or the anime...

Fr3aKi3
06-12-06, 09:28 AM
Bleach = awesome...

The series that is at the top of my list for the moment is One Piece!

van
06-12-06, 09:56 AM
I love the One Piece manga, and I've seen a few eps of the anime in the mornings, it's pretty good!

I remember reading the manga back in like 2000 haha, it was such an awesome surprise to find out it was coming to Madman DVD and Aussie TV!

Fr3aKi3
06-12-06, 12:27 PM
At first I was put off by the animation style of One Piece but then watched a few episodes and I got hooked, although the english dub is absolutely appalling!!! It's probably as crap as the Initial D dubs, I'd even say that it was worse... lol

I'll stick to the Japanese voices and english subtitles.

van
06-12-06, 12:37 PM
Yeah, it's not the best dub around, but - amazingly - it's also far from the worst haha. But yeah, the bigger budget series - and especially the more adult-oriented stuff - tends to have the best dubs. I've always preferred the english dubs on titles like Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Patlabor 1 & 2 (Goto had a different voice actor in WXIII!!! :(), Ninja Scroll, Akira, etc.

I think dubbing in general gets a bad rap, but there are good ones out there.

Fr3aKi3
06-12-06, 12:45 PM
True, I suppose it depends on what you were exposed to first. As an example would be my experience with Dragon Ball Z, Teknoman, Akira, Ninja Scroll (movie) and plenty of others, all of those series are ones in which I watched with english dubs first and then didn't really like the original Japanese dubs. The same can be said in reverse anime such as Naruto (yes i'm one of the people that still watch it simply just because i've got every other single episode...) and One Piece, I viewed with original Jap Voice actors so that was what I preferred.

But as you said some anime is just better in english, I watched the new generation of transformers and the animation and voice acting (in jap) are woeful... lol old skool transformers FTW!!!

cooling
07-12-06, 04:32 AM
Samurai Champaloo & Cowboy Bebop are *MY* fave anime series. :)
I'm slightly obsessed with Hayao Miyazaki films.

Fr3aKi3
08-12-06, 11:17 AM
Got a day off work today and I'm used to waking up early so I an't sleep in anymore but then at least this let me watch some good ol early morning cartoons. One cartoon that I can't believe i've forgotten about has made a return... BIKER MICE FROM MARS!!!!

van
08-12-06, 12:25 PM
Cooling: Good taste!!

I'm 33% into my download of the whole Teknoman series ;)

van
12-12-06, 10:27 AM
Did you guys know anything about this? I only just found out this morning when my girly emailed me the link haha.

http://www.afrosamurai.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro_Samurai

Afro Samurai (アフロサムライ, Afro Samurai?) is a Japanese dōjinshi manga series, created by Takashi Okazaki, originally featured in the Nononhow dōjin magazine, which has adapted into an 5-episode anime television series, produced by Japanese animation studio GONZO, and set to air in January 4 2007.

The anime series is set to feature noted American actor Samuel L. Jackson as the voice of the titular character, as well as one of the co-producers, and will also feature Ron Perlman (Hellboy) and Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike in X-Men 2) as character voices, along with Wu-Tang Clan member RZA as the provider of the original musical score. The series has been slated for 5 episodes and is set to air in the United States on Spike TV and Japan on Fuji Television. The series has also been licensed for North American distribution by Funimation, whose first DVD release is planned for early 2007. In August 2005, Japan-based game developers Namco announced they would be releasing Afro Samurai-related video games in both Japan and America.

This anime series should add to the already popular genre of hip hop infused martial arts television and DVD fare originated by the international cult favorites "Kung Faux" and "Samurai Champloo".

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/afro-samurai.jpg

night
12-12-06, 10:47 PM
hmm favourites:

Bleach
Trigun
GTO
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Get Backers
Full Moon wo sagashite
Full Metal Alchemist
Initial D
School Rumble
Eyeshield 21
Prince of tennis
Hunter X Hunter
Bokura ga ita
xxxholic
Tsubasa Chronicles
D.Gray-man
mushishi
yakitate japan

chi
13-12-06, 09:41 AM
Night shift nurses
La Blue girl
Urotsukidoji (spl)
Harvest Night
Maid in Heaven
Sexy Fighter Nanami
Nine o'clock woman
Ogenki Clinic

van
13-12-06, 09:55 AM
Noticing a pattern in Chi's list... ;)

RyanP
13-12-06, 05:18 PM
Hehe. Noticed it too.

Mine's a short list;

Rurouni Kenshin,
Ninja Scroll,
Samurai Champloo,
GTO
and Initial D of course.

chi
13-12-06, 07:13 PM
Not many Narutards here.

doofus
13-12-06, 07:44 PM
aw i wanna buy street fighter anime, but i cant find it :(

does bleach count? i love bleach!

chi
13-12-06, 08:16 PM
Which Street Fighter you want dave?

The Tv Series?

Or the First movie?

or the Alpha movie?

doofus
13-12-06, 09:00 PM
the first movie :D :D

Mike.V?!
14-12-06, 01:37 AM
Which Street Fighter you want dave?

The Tv Series?

Or the First movie?

or the Alpha movie?

What about the American cartoon or Alpha Generations!

night
14-12-06, 10:07 AM
Not many Narutards here.

naruto was good wen it started :neutral: but the fillers are annoying now :???:

Sledpilot
16-12-06, 08:04 PM
apart from Initial D, id have to say Evangalion death and rebirth was pretty sweet, or ghost in a shell (SAC)

supernatural
16-12-06, 09:24 PM
wow.... i dont think anyone has mentioned "death note"... an awesome anime... :D movie is out... but animes much better... :)

van
16-12-06, 09:52 PM
I've read (most of) the Death Note manga, but yet to get the anime.

For what it's worth, Takeshi Obata is pretty much the best manga artist (or "mangaka" if you prefer) going around at the moment.

jaynismo
27-12-06, 11:59 PM
Hands down Neon Genesis Evangelion... the biggest WTF anime... love it ;)

daniel
28-12-06, 04:10 PM
naruto and bleach :D

mako
04-01-07, 02:16 AM
Hands down Neon Genesis Evangelion... the biggest WTF anime... love it ;)

i still dont get it... is it coz i dont read the bible...

Thanks chi for the list... torrenting tonite....

Beserk and Initial D and Tekkaman Blade and AstroBoy are my favs...

CoffeeBoss
04-01-07, 03:14 PM
At the beginning, a solid diet of Astro Boy, Battle of the Planets, Robotech, Voltron originally. And original transformers. Saturday morning cartoons, the best.

Of late:
Cowboy Beebop
Macross Plus
Stand Alone Complex

and Iiiiinitiaaaaal DEE! of course.

Rotary_rockeT
05-01-07, 01:11 AM
NARUTO DATTEBAYO~!!! and excel saga just for laughs, lol

josh2.5
05-01-07, 02:20 AM
Anyone here know where I can download eppisodes of Samurai Pizza Cats?

RaYmO
05-01-07, 09:00 AM
Anyone here know where I can download eppisodes of Samurai Pizza Cats?

Holy shit! Talk about flashbacks!

Harves
05-01-07, 06:02 PM
Now I have that annoying theme song stuck in my head lol

Keven
08-01-07, 01:33 AM
Please teacher or Neon Gen... Panties FTW!!!

xero
10-01-07, 04:22 PM
oh i keep forgetting on SBS on thursday nights at 10:30 they are showing anime movies!
few weeks ago it was cowboy bebop the movie, then the shadow of the wolf (?), last week was some really really really sad wwII movie (i forgot the name)... theres another on this week...
first thing i do each sunday when i get the paper is grab the TV guide and check 10:30 thursday SBS, to see whats on...

shonen
18-02-07, 10:14 PM
Ok this is just a random post...but for the anime fans out there and I know there are a few on JDMST.

After 70 or 80 odd episodes of fillers or is it 90 ? been so long I lost count.....Naruto fillers are OVER !!

Bring on Naruto Shippuuden series !!!!

OH YEEAAAAHHH.....

Now they just need to bring out a 5th stage for Initial D !!!

Mike.V?!
18-02-07, 11:48 PM
It was a long time coming, wasn't it!?

shonen
19-02-07, 12:06 AM
ohhhh yeeah.....

Just kicking back and watching the first double episode now....

and new bleach out too...... :)

Fr3aKi3
19-02-07, 12:13 AM
Glad that naruto is finally back on track!!! So it's not too shabby, obviously better than the fillers but nothing to get excited about... yet.

shonen
19-02-07, 12:16 AM
haha I know whats going to happen anyways cause I read the manga...

but still good to see the anime version...plus they always put little spins on it and make it a bit more interesting than the manga at times.

van
10-04-07, 08:49 PM
I'm sure most of you are familiar with this awesome cartoon from the early 90s, but Sp33dy and I were talking about childhood cartoons earlier and I figured I'd have a look for this one!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/SamuraiPizzaCatsWallpaperSm.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Pizza_Cats

Episode 1 in full: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eUrTrIiitcI

Such an awesome show, even 17 years later haha :D

shonen
10-04-07, 09:00 PM
hahahaha awesome..

I used to love this show...

As for childhood cartoons, Pizza Cats, Thundercats and Swatkats FTW !!!

Of course there is always dragonball, gundamn etc....but yeah im referring to the ones that were actually shown in oz when I was a kid

Harves
10-04-07, 09:10 PM
Good old Samurai Pizza Cats - I use to love that show when I was a kid.

josh2.5
10-04-07, 09:11 PM
This show was one of my favorites growing up...hence why Ive got a pic of them on my myspace. Such a great show!

denka
10-04-07, 09:16 PM
ah the memories, i like how in the 1st ep they make specific reference to the ninja turtles haha

van
10-04-07, 09:22 PM
hahahaha "an entire city block is destroyed in the blink of an eye, including a retirement home for aging ninja turtles!"

denka
10-04-07, 10:24 PM
cheeeekkkyyy

it's settled then, all great cartoon animal superheros eat pizza

MFN-MAN
10-04-07, 11:32 PM
samurai pizza cats FTMFW!!!

ozstrider
11-04-07, 12:12 AM
I remembered how awesome this was, then i watched the first episode about a year ago...and was kinda disappointed at how it wasnt quite as good as my mind was telling me it was, it still kicks ass though.

black200
11-04-07, 12:14 AM
bikermice from mars ftmfw

that or astro boy :D ahhh astro boy

oh and dastardly and mutley *stop the piegon stop the pigeon*

Brian_J
11-04-07, 01:29 AM
oh maan i remember playing smaurai pizza cats with my neighbours and stuff

good shit...pokemon for the lose

import_bible
11-04-07, 01:35 AM
i loved this show, i was depressed everytime they did not do the robot transformation thing. i also played this really old school nes game based on the show it was so sweet.

bathurst-91
11-04-07, 08:15 AM
I remembered how awesome this was, then i watched the first episode about a year ago...and was kinda disappointed at how it wasnt quite as good as my mind was telling me it was, it still kicks ass though.

Isnt this ALWAYS the case though. Its funny isnt it? I remember TMNT as being brilliant with hardcore stories, and I also remember thinking things like how well/hardcore it is drawn compared to other cartoons. And now when I watch episodes I just think WTF lol. And its the same for virtually every cherished childhood cartoon.

I could go on and on about it.

Biker mice from mars, pizza cats, thundercats, galaxy rangers, he-man, conan, mask, tmnt, technoman, pawpaw bears, galter and the golden lance, xmen.... the list goes on lol!

fueltank
11-04-07, 08:24 AM
This was much better :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranma_%C2%BD

Ranma FTW :D

van
11-04-07, 09:01 AM
Isnt this ALWAYS the case though. Its funny isnt it? I remember TMNT as being brilliant with hardcore stories, and I also remember thinking things like how well/hardcore it is drawn compared to other cartoons. And now when I watch episodes I just think WTF lol. And its the same for virtually every cherished childhood cartoon.

I could go on and on about it.

Biker mice from mars, pizza cats, thundercats, galaxy rangers, he-man, conan, mask, tmnt, technoman, pawpaw bears, galter and the golden lance, xmen.... the list goes on lol!

The first two seasons of the TMNT cartoon are still brilliant in my opinion, as they had an ongoing storyline rather than self-contained adventures in each episode. Had a really grim feel to it, which was great, and still is.

Teknoman was actually a very adult-oriented anime. I've got the whole series on my PC and I watched it very happily from start to finish a couple of months ago hehe.

Fr3aKi3
11-04-07, 11:07 AM
Samurai Pizza Cats.... brings back memories.

Although when I watched it previously I was still in primary school so all the lame puns flew straight over my head... lol

Dori*mon
11-04-07, 11:24 AM
wow, how long ago was this show on? i think im too young to know it lol

rukus
11-04-07, 11:26 AM
TMNT, thundercats, voltron, astroboy, xmen, and spiderman were my fave cartoons.

never really got into pizza cats or swatkats.

vtec-NA.th
11-04-07, 12:54 PM
they were both great cartoons on cheese tv.

i used to LOVE powerrangers in kindergarden... i have so many of them toys.. but then that isn't a cartoon XD

Frogger
11-04-07, 02:19 PM
Samurai Pizza Cats are awesome! Wow... brings back memories from primary school for me too.

Was it on Agro?

vtec-NA.th
11-04-07, 03:51 PM
Cheese TV. Agro sucks.

PaoPee
11-04-07, 04:57 PM
i always loved He-Man

"I HAVE THE POWWWER!!!!!"

van
17-04-07, 07:58 PM
I downloaded all of the Crying Freeman episodes today. Watching it now. Such a good anime!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crying_Freeman

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/crying-freeman.jpg

chuingbeans
17-04-07, 09:10 PM
don;t really have fav animes. All animes I watch are good, I don;t think I have watched one bad anime. Its kind of like movies too, I can;t pick a fav.

van
17-04-07, 09:12 PM
Haha, sounds like you've either a) not seen much anime, or b) are far too easily pleased!

chuingbeans
17-04-07, 09:37 PM
probably A, I haven;t watched nearly half the anime I got. No time really, and also I have started to watch K-Dramas which take up even more time (1hr an epi). Summer holis are just begging for some anime viewing.

When I first got into Naruto it was like up to epi 100+ But I was so sad that I watched 60 episodes straight. Don;t worry, I dont do that no mores.

Neilus
18-04-07, 12:59 AM
I was always a big fan of Hellsing

i still dont get it... is it coz i dont read the bible...

Evangelion has nothing to do with Christianity or the Bible. They just threw in a whole heap of the imagery because they thought it looked cool.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first part of the rebuild out half way through this year. *drools*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

Mike.V?!
18-04-07, 01:19 AM

HO
LY
COW!

cooling
18-04-07, 04:56 PM
Evangelion has nothing to do with Christianity or the Bible. They just threw in a whole heap of the imagery because they thought it looked cool.

On that note it's always really ...strange?interesting?weird? how the Japanese use more "traditionally" Western cultural/historical artefacts in anime. It loses alot of meanings and histories associated with Western cultures and a whole new set of intepretations and contexts surfaces. Then again, maybe I read too much into everything.

I'm watching One Piece atm... it didn't seem like "my kind of anime" but after 200 or so episodes...I love it. :D

Its so cute how these threads come back from the dead and you can post your newest anime-watching endeavors.

kousoku
18-04-07, 06:15 PM
haibane renmei ftw.

Neilus
19-04-07, 02:23 AM
On that note it's always really ...strange?interesting?weird? how the Japanese use more "traditionally" Western cultural/historical artefacts in anime. It loses alot of meanings and histories associated with Western cultures and a whole new set of intepretations and contexts surfaces.

This probably isn't the best example but I suppose the flipside of that would be people (usually girls) getting tattoos of chinese characters or japanese kanji because it looks cool and the seedy guy at the tattoo place told them it means "love" or "faith" or whatever...

It's just something different...

van
11-05-07, 09:42 AM
The Patlabor movies (well, 1 and 2) are probably my favourite anime movies of all time. And that's saying something, considering the level of awesome that most anime movies are at.

I just spent the last week downloading the first television series of Patlabor, which was a 7 series run back in 1988. So looking forward to watching it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patlabor

A great vid showing some key scenes from the series:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l4Lmos4n1Gc

Opening few minutes from the Patlabor 2 movie:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QlyjlMhKb3E

The story takes places in what was, at the time of release, the near future of 1998-2002. Robots called "Labors" are employed in heavy construction work. The Tokyo Metropolitan Police has its own arsenal of Patlabors to combat crimes and deal with accidents involving Labors. The story arcs usually revolve around Tokyo Metropolitan Police Special Vehicle Section 2, Division 2. Noa Izumi is the main protagonist of the series, but all of Division 2 play roles.

The feature films follow separate continuities, referred to as the "movie timeline" and the "TV timeline." The different OVA series follow either the movie or TV timelines.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/sell_HG-patlabor-movie3-a.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/patlabor.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/cxt7.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/Patlabor20movie201.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/patlabor1.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/1144626546.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/014patlabor1.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/patlabor2-amd2.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/pm-12.jpg

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 09:54 AM
Patlabor is great for sure. Have you seen the 3rd movie? I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two.

van
11-05-07, 09:56 AM
Yeah WXIII was a big departure from the usual Patlabor theme, and the voice cast was different too. I was pretty disappointed :(

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 10:01 AM
Let me know how the series is k?

van
11-05-07, 10:02 AM
Yeah I'll burn it for you either way, but yep I'll let you know :)

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 10:10 AM
Cool. I bought a narutofan account yesterday but after looking at the list of title's available for leeching I have no idea what to download.

Is there anything here you recommend/want me to download for you? (Don't be shy, I'm using my work connection to dl all the stuff)

http://www.narutofan.com/plus/anime/index.html

van
11-05-07, 10:21 AM
Oh man, I've been wanting to get a NarutoFan paid account! Jealous :(

Titles I want, with an asterisk next to ones you might like yourself:

Beck* (I have this on DVD though, but I listed it because you might like it)
Death Note*
EyeShield 21
Hikaru No Go*
Hunter X Hunter
Macross 7*
Macross Dynamite 7*
Super Robot Wars: Original Generation - Divine Wars
The King of Fighters: Another Day
Yakitate!! Japan

Far out, there's so many titles on that list, I don't know what 90% of them are!

But see, most of this stuff is available for rental at the anime store I go to in Box Hill, and for only $2 per DVD, it's not worth getting you to download and burn them since the time spent by you would be more hassle than the $2 spent by me, heh.

Wikipedia some of those though, they're pretty much all great. I just don't know exactly what you're into. :)

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 10:32 AM
Beck is great, and even deserves it's own thread. Thanks for the KOF tip, I didn't know that series existed

van
11-05-07, 10:36 AM
Haha, neither did I till saw it on the list. So I'll be looking for it this weekend at the anime store.

Beck is awesome, but frankly the anime isn't even a shadow on the manga. I know reading is less appealing than watching, but it's so worth it when it comes to Beck!

van
11-05-07, 10:45 AM
Now downloading:

Patlabor: The TV Series|Mobile Police Patlabor (1989-1990, TV, 47 episodes)

The TV series features an alternate telling of how Section 2 was formed. Most of the series is comedy, but it still features quite a bit of action and drama. The main story arc involves the Griffon Labor. This begins the TV timeline.

So it's a different story to the original 6 episode series (that 6 episode series leads into movies 1 and 2), but should still be quite good value. Downloading slow, but it'll get there eventually.

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 11:14 AM
Haha, neither did I till saw it on the list. So I'll be looking for it this weekend at the anime store.

Beck is awesome, but frankly the anime isn't even a shadow on the manga. I know reading is less appealing than watching, but it's so worth it when it comes to Beck!

Yeah, the Manga can be surprisingly raw at times. The death of **** really shocked me!

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 12:39 PM
Ah crap, the KOF shows are only 5 minute shorts.

van
11-05-07, 12:40 PM
I've "only" got up to Volume 27 of Beck, so I'm not sure who you're referring to haha.

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 12:45 PM
27? This happens right after they get back from America, very early on.

van
11-05-07, 12:53 PM
Hmm. Then I guess I just don't remember who we're talking about then haha. It's been like a year since I read it!

Mike.V?!
11-05-07, 01:15 PM
Eddie Lee

van
11-05-07, 01:18 PM
Ooooh fuck yeah, of course. Definitely unexpected. Shit way to die, but kind of ironic and true to life in its own way.

van
11-05-07, 01:25 PM
I can safely say that the first series is awesome. Great quality animation (considering it's nearly 20 years old), great dub (it's the English dub, if I didn't mention), great story, and great moments of comedy and drama.

I'll burn it for you and hand it over at the end of month meet.

Jing
11-05-07, 01:27 PM
im going to start a new thread inspired by this

van
11-05-07, 01:28 PM
Okay...!

ozstrider
11-05-07, 02:12 PM
Patlabor is awesome. I saw it a long time ago now though. So all the backstory and in depth talk from the movie.

Reminds me that i gotta watch it again some day.

nipnip
16-05-07, 09:41 AM
love patlabor 1 and especially 2, im surprised not many people are familiar with the series. what drew me to the series is that the near future is a more realistic one and so are the robots/labors. everyone seems to think that the whole tsuge storyline in patlabor 2 was a bit OTT, but i enjoyed it

as for parlabor 3:wxiii, it was tonally different but it wasn't bad, i think a large part of it was because director mamoru oshii wasn't involved

van
16-05-07, 09:52 AM
The series itself is quite politically charged, so I think both of the first movies were right on target with their stories and themes. The third... Eh. It didn't suck, it just wasn't what I'd come to expect from Patlabor. If it was some other unrelated property, it would have been fine.

van
16-05-07, 04:54 PM
Only 3% left in my download of the 47 episode series! I just finished watching the first series (the 7 episode run), so it better freaking hurry hehe.

8gb -_-

Mike.V?!
16-05-07, 05:06 PM
Did you ever watch the minipato dvd that came with part 3? It almost made the purchase price worth it.

van
16-05-07, 05:14 PM
Nah I never bothered, I'll check it out if I can be bothered digging the DVD out haha

nipnip
18-05-07, 11:32 AM
Did you ever watch the minipato dvd that came with part 3? It almost made the purchase price worth it.

hahaha this is an awesome mockumentry of the patlabor series!!! definitely worth the watch hahahahahahha

van
18-05-07, 04:23 PM
No news about the series itself, but this article shows that something is planned.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-03-09/follow-up-victor-voice-actress-auditions-for-macross

Victor Entertainment has announced that their "Vocal and Voice Audition" has a specific purpose: finding the heroine for the next Macross series. No new announcements have been made with regard to the new series itself, but the auditions are still underway.

Applicants must submit a recording of two songs and two pictures, along with the official application form. Applicants who pass the first screening will be asked to try out in person by performing a song and reading lines of dialog.

In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the series, Big West has renewed the official Macross website

This story is a follow up to the story Victor Entertainment Auditions for Heroine of Blockbuster Anime.

Source: Victor Entertainment, AnimeNation

van
07-06-07, 10:01 PM
No excitement about a new Macross series? Jeez, tough crowd!

Anyway, I just downloaded Cyber City OEDO 808, which is a 3 episode miniseries that came out in the early 90s, around '93 I think. I never got a chance to watch it when I was younger - never bothered to hire it, is closer to the truth - but it turns out it's actually quite good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_City_Oedo_808

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKTlJuj-WuA

To combat computerised crime more effectively, the Cyber Police unit of the future Japanese city of Oedo has begun to employ hardened criminals with a history of hi-tech offences. For duty served, each criminal receives a reduction in their prison sentence in orbital penitentiary. However, each case must be solved within a certain period of allocated time, or an explosive collar will detonate and behead the criminal.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/ccitycover.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/small_cybercity_oedo.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/Sengoku2.jpg

Neilus
20-07-07, 04:12 AM
For all you Evangelion nuts that are as slow as me, the Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 trailer is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw

Drool...

JustinS14
20-07-07, 07:55 PM
Nice

chuingbeans
20-07-07, 09:30 PM
I'm yet to actually finish watching Evangelion...had it for like 2years.

Neilus
21-07-07, 12:39 AM
I'm yet to actually finish watching Evangelion...had it for like 2years.

Get out of my sight...

rance_RPS13
21-07-07, 12:51 AM
No news about the series itself, but this article shows that something is planned.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-03-09/follow-up-victor-voice-actress-auditions-for-macross

if its like the old macross robotech series..then it'll be freekin sweet

Neilus
21-07-07, 12:58 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/RoE1_0Poster.jpg

Mike.V?!
21-07-07, 10:20 AM
According to the wiki, the final part of Rebuild Evangelion will be a re-telling of the ending that's more audience friendly. To me that sounds like they're going to just dumb it down.

Neilus
21-07-07, 04:57 PM
Yeah but didn't they say that about EoE too?

JustinS14
22-07-07, 02:47 PM
The TV ending is the best, makes you think.

van
23-07-07, 10:37 AM
Well it's not strictly anime, but anyway...

I just finished downloading the first season of the original Ninja Turtles cartoon. Awww yeah.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/vanmonken/ninja-turtles-cartoon.jpg

Aaaah memories. Good times, good times.

josh2.5
23-07-07, 11:13 AM
OH fuck yeah Vanos. Anyone know if that has that come out on DVD yet?

van
23-07-07, 11:23 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Original/dp/B0001FVDG4

I think I'll buy it!

Mike.V?!
23-07-07, 11:23 AM
The TV ending is the best, makes you think "wtf just happened".

Yeah totally.

Neilus
26-07-07, 04:35 AM
Product placement FTW. Rebuild of Evangelion Doritos.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/evangelion_doritos-783475.jpg

Neilus
04-10-07, 03:57 PM
Thread resurrection!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yif6fvmRamM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REgGL8iPmFg

New Rebuild of Evangelion trailors. The movie was released over a month ago. I wish I lived in Japan (and spoke Japanese).

Jing
04-10-07, 05:44 PM
fly me to the moon ftw brings back memories

OVTEC
04-10-07, 06:40 PM
man i miss evangelion

at the moment the anime im watching are;

Naruto
Bleach
Capeta
Wangan
Afro Samurai

chuingbeans
04-10-07, 09:16 PM
How is Afro Samurai? Wasn't sure if it was worth downloading.

van
04-10-07, 09:19 PM
I got the first ep, didn't rate it at all, to be honest.

OVTEC
05-10-07, 03:12 PM
yea i watch the first and i was like.......ok.....then i watched the 2nd one hoping it would be better..than i was like wtf hentai o_0 then i just stopped watching..pretty much a waste of download but maybe its just my taste in anime

narada
05-10-07, 03:35 PM
sooo... i only just stumbled accross this thread... love anime!

speaking of love... Love Hina anybody?

For me thats top 10, along with
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Ghost in the Shell
etc etc

Fruits Basket was really good

a new macross?? friggin awesome!... i loved Plus!... *ive always secretly wanted to replace test pilots to something like f1 drivers, although f1 drivers cant shoot each other*

there is a new evangelion too??

damn i wish i had time to watch anime these days... they are such a waste of time!.. yeh probably one of the only reasons i was back in high school again... stay up watching anime till the break of dawn.. *sigh* the good old days

Julz01
05-10-07, 03:50 PM
watch the whole thing of afro samurai its actually pretty good,

I use to watch anmie, but mainly just the mainstream stuff, eva, cowboy bee bop etc.

I downloaded afro samurai and liked it, and also watching wangman midnight on youtube only up to ep 6 though thats been translated

van
05-10-07, 04:04 PM
Haha, I secretly loved Love Hina, and Chobits as well.

narada
05-10-07, 04:07 PM
yeh i was gonna say... generally the CLAMP stuff has been pretty good right?

X Japan, plus even card captor sakura (funny how there are always gay or lesbian people who get translated out of that role in english - like card captor sakura's best friend, and her brothers best friend)

van
05-10-07, 04:13 PM
Dunno, haven't seen any of their stuff other than those, but I'd definitely say it's good stuff!

chuingbeans
05-10-07, 05:14 PM
Chobits!....most random and unfulfilling ending ever! Can't believe I bought it =o=

Anyone being to JB HiFi lately? They seem to have widened their range of anime, unfortunately I haven't heard 50% of the titles they have to offer...

scathing
05-10-07, 06:03 PM
Don't forget this (http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=5284), for Sydney and Melbourne members.

Anyone heard / seen anything about We Are the Strange (http://www.wired.com/entertainment/hollywood/magazine/15-10/pl_screen)?

van
05-10-07, 06:10 PM
Don't forget this (http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=5284), for Sydney and Melbourne members.

Are Melbourne members suggested to fly up for this event, or is there a Melbourne equivalent not mentioned in that thread?

Jing
05-10-07, 06:12 PM
come up van, if u come i will attend

van
05-10-07, 06:26 PM
Your shout? I'm just a poor student livin' off ye olde austudy :)

Jing
05-10-07, 06:44 PM
which is paid partly by me :0

so thats a shout :D

van
05-10-07, 06:56 PM
Hahaha, I feel that my 10 years worth of working and paying taxes has more than covered my return to study :P

scathing
05-10-07, 06:57 PM
Are Melbourne members suggested to fly up for this event, or is there a Melbourne equivalent not mentioned in that thread?

Sorry, didn't realise that I'd deep linked to the Sydney one only.

Here's one for Melbourne Central (http://hoyts.ninemsn.com.au/cinema/3MCE.asp) - so you guys can run your own meet.

Although you could come up to Sydney. We're awesome.

Vashcat
05-10-07, 07:03 PM
Trigun
Cowboy bebop
Bubblegum Crisis
Ghost in Shell

cooling
05-10-07, 07:11 PM
I didn't like Chobits. :P

It's not anime, but I really like - Avatar: The last airbender.
Between waiting for new One Piece & Shippuden eps, I've only been watching Full Metal Alchemist.

For some reason, I find it really hard to get into some of the anime series. Like, it's straining to watch.... so I just don't. And then there's others that I can't get enough of.

chuingbeans
05-10-07, 07:36 PM
Shippuden, the animation in that series is so disappointing. Even the earlier Naruto episodes have better animation. Not to mention events, that should be over with in half an episode, drag on for 3-4.

DBZ people?

*looks at link scathing posted* :shock:!!! *random hand movements* *passes out from excitement*

OVTEC
06-10-07, 07:36 PM
Shippuden, the animation in that series is so disappointing. Even the earlier Naruto episodes have better animation. Not to mention events, that should be over with in half an episode, drag on for 3-4.

DBZ people?

*looks at link scathing posted* :shock:!!! *random hand movements* *passes out from excitement*

i have to agree with that about Shippuuden it is a bit disappointing but i still love the first ep where you see naruto and sasuke confront each other :D

CheekyMux
09-10-07, 01:09 AM
Fudge, I'm a huge anime fan and only just come across this thread. I'll post up what I've got/watched at some point.

Heck, I'm so into it that I draw a bit of anime (http://kyokohunter.deviantart.com/) and I'm starting to pick up Japanese from it... maybe a bit too obsessive, lol?

van
02-01-08, 08:58 AM
Just bought the complete Lupin III tv series for 60 bucks :D

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/4870_1.jpg

Disc Format: 6-DVD Boxset
Region Code: All Region
Episodes: 1 - 155 End
Audio Track: Japanese
Subtitles: English/Chinese On/Off

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/lupin07.jpg

Serial Killa
02-01-08, 10:23 AM
Just bought the complete Lupin III tv series for 60 bucks :D

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/4870_1.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/lupin07.jpg

Is that something to do with The Castle Of Cagliostro??

van
02-01-08, 10:56 AM
The Castle of Cagliostro is - to my knowledge, at least - the single solitary English-release Lupin movie. There's actually a very rich background to the Lupin story, with an entire TV series stretching back something like 20-30 years, and about 10 or so movies. :)

Serial Killa
02-01-08, 11:01 AM
Sweet!

Will look into it :)

Mike.V?!
02-01-08, 12:51 PM
The Castle of Cagliostro is - to my knowledge, at least - the single solitary English-release Lupin movie. There's actually a very rich background to the Lupin story, with an entire TV series stretching back something like 20-30 years, and about 10 or so movies. :)

There's at least 3, mang.

Cagliostro
Goodbye lady Liberty
Secret of Mamo

One of the TV series' was released in English as well.

van
02-01-08, 05:25 PM
Well there you farkin' go.

Neilus
24-02-08, 02:24 AM
So I have the first of the new Evangelion movies subtitled on my computer.

Who wants to touch me?

Neilus
24-02-08, 04:22 AM
Anno is a God. Make no mistake, it's the same Evangelion as before but they've added bits and pieces everywhere to smooth out the dodgyness. It's everything I could have asked for. And Ramiel is now totally badass.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/new%20stuff/vlcsnap-1193647.png

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/new%20stuff/vlcsnap-1200470.png

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/new%20stuff/vlcsnap-1202804.png

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/new%20stuff/vlcsnap-1217325.png

Download it here. (http://www.mininova.org/tor/1126888)

van
24-02-08, 09:40 AM
Only thing I ever liked about NGE was the NERV logo. So cool.

Neilus
24-02-08, 01:11 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/new%20stuff/1203394809444.jpg

OVTEC
24-02-08, 05:44 PM
so is this a new series of evangelion?

Neilus
24-02-08, 06:34 PM
so is this a new series of evangelion?

Rotary_rockeT
24-02-08, 07:41 PM
^ would love to see that. should be less hassle than watching the entire series 5 times to get it :lol:

OVTEC
25-02-08, 04:12 PM

thanks for that :)

Civic Weapon
25-02-08, 07:26 PM
im about to start watching Death Note.....anybody seen it, what did you think?

i really partial to stuff like Naruto nd Bleach......and VEGETA!!!!!!!!

wi11iam
25-02-08, 08:14 PM
ive got the whole season ive only seen the 1st episode

i gotta say Light is more evil in the anime then he is in the live action movie

im watching Tengen toppa Gurren Lagann atm is pretty good

also waiting for newest episode of gundam 00 to come out as well

van
25-02-08, 08:21 PM
I've read some of the manga, but haven't bothered to watch the anime or live action. I've heard though that the manga is the best as far as depth of storyline goes. So I guess it depends on what you value more; story or convenience ;)

OVTEC
27-02-08, 09:15 PM
yep i definately enjoy the manga but sometimes its good to watch the anime as well

Shiri
27-02-08, 09:39 PM
Eva blew my mind apart when everybody turned to mush

I never quite recovered.

Neilus
27-02-08, 10:17 PM
It's really quite simple once you wrap your head around it...

Taz_
24-03-08, 09:41 PM
Just watched Afro Samurai directors cut DVD,

I liked it, didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised..what I liked about it compared to other anime is that it was a simple vengeance thread throughout, rather some weird abstract story that took forever to unfold like some anime i've seen.

So not immensely deep, but entertaining nonetheless..I liked the element of the ninja ninja character who forms part of the commentary of the story/afro's adventures..though it is quite condensed and annoying/repetitive at times...

Does anyone know if there are episodes of this post the DVD content at all?

tiksie
24-03-08, 11:00 PM
http://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Toon/Love-Hina/Love-Hina-0045/Love-Hina-0045.jpg

Iain
24-03-08, 11:29 PM
hehe love hina~~~Brings back memories that was the awsomeness back in the day Ken akamatsu is my favourite manga Ka (on par with Kiyohiko Azuma )

I remember going to a madman Press Confrence back when i was in High school ( I was a "cool" kid in high school lol) and demanded they tell me when love hina again was going to be released ....I still remember the stares

Beau
25-03-08, 01:27 PM
does anyone remember a anime series where it was set in space and the guys fought in robots but they did not get into them like say gundam seed but they use to climb into the back and stand in there in a sort of star shape and when the robot got damaged so did the pilot.

anyone remeber the name of this series? i use to love it.

step.s
25-03-08, 01:29 PM
REMEMBER TEKNOMAN =D

i gotta say NARUTO IS THE SHIT

step.s
25-03-08, 01:32 PM
does anyone remember a anime series where it was set in space and the guys fought in robots but they did not get into them like say gundam seed but they use to climb into the back and stand in there in a sort of star shape and when the robot got damaged so did the pilot.

anyone remeber the name of this series? i use to love it.

TEKNOMAN =d

DreadAngel
25-03-08, 01:34 PM
I've read some of the manga, but haven't bothered to watch the anime or live action. I've heard though that the manga is the best as far as depth of storyline goes. So I guess it depends on what you value more; story or convenience ;)

True for about 95% of all Managa adaptations to Anime and Live Action ones. Macross Zero, Last Exile and Yukikaze takes the cake for me :D

Beau
25-03-08, 01:37 PM
TEKNOMAN =d

i love you and its kinda freaky we were thinking about the same thing around the same time!

chuingbeans
25-03-08, 01:46 PM
Catching up on my Naruto manga, I'm just over a volume behind. PS, Shippuden is so slow as well as badly animated. Reading Tenjou Tenge manga too, and School Rumble.

Also, justed started watching Bakuretsu Tenshi.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Itachi-Kun/JDM%20Style%20Tuning/Burst_Angel_Bakuretsu_Tenshi_Anime.jpg

Yay for the holidays!

ive got the whole season ive only seen the 1st episode

i gotta say Light is more evil in the anime then he is in the live action movie

The Live Action movie was horrible...!

Manga>Anime>Live Action.

van
25-03-08, 01:51 PM
Macross Zero

MZ was adapted from a manga? I didn't know that! Thought it was a straight-to-screen story. I'll agree it was a bit rubbish though. Amazing animation though, can't fault that.

van
25-03-08, 01:51 PM
i love you and its kinda freaky we were thinking about the same thing around the same time!

I downloaded every episode of Teknoman :D

infinite
25-03-08, 02:02 PM
I got the whole series of Teknoman on DVD japanese version, with english subs... and for the first time ever I actually prefer the english dub that was shown on Cheetz TV. For some reason hearing the japanese dub sounded really weird, maybe that's due to growing up with the english dub...

DreadAngel
25-03-08, 02:04 PM
MZ was adapted from a manga? I didn't know that! Thought it was a straight-to-screen story. I'll agree it was a bit rubbish though. Amazing animation though, can't fault that.

Not sure, I think its straight to screen, was talking about in general :p

It really pissed me off Zero like you said the Animation was OMFG man but the story left me =| And this connects to Macross 1 how? =|

van
25-03-08, 02:08 PM
Haha well it's supposed to be a prelude, set before the events of the original Macross/Robotech series'. But yeah, I didn't really dig it. I think Macross is one of those shows where they really need to stick to the story, because the fans are so damn rabid - like me - that we just want one thing: more of the same! ;)

Luckily Macross Frontier looks to be one big homage to the Macross stories we know and love - and no surprise, since it's a 25th Anniversary special - so I'm stoked. I think episode 2 is out next month!

DreadAngel
25-03-08, 02:18 PM
:O FRONTIER FTW!!!

Zero I think is being taken as a Canon like Macross II I hear from the Macross loyalist LOL!

VF-25 FTW!!!

Though my absolute favourite is the VF-11 Thuderbolt :D

step.s
25-03-08, 10:25 PM

i love u 2 man ;)

mark
26-03-08, 09:14 AM
Can someone please tell me where I can download the Tecknoman series?
How many series are there?
As I only remember what was on Cheez TV a loooooong time ago. And from memory, they didn't even finish the series on there.

Or who has it and is willing to burn it for me. Will pay for cost of burning & postage. Or can pick up! =)

Cheers

van
26-03-08, 09:27 AM
I just downloaded them via bittorrent. I think I used IsoHunt.com. You need to know how to use bittorrent though; which you can look up on Google.

I'm happy to burn and post it for you, but I'll have to make sure I can find it first! I'll let you know. And yeah, you'll be paying for postage ;)

mark
26-03-08, 09:35 AM
My girlfriend, who got me hooked onto Bleach was actually the reason why I remember tecknoman. haha

She also tried to teach me how to use bittorrent, whilst i am at work.
Although I found it quite difficult to use. As I am only use to Limewire.

Van. PM Sent. =)

OVTEC
26-03-08, 10:27 AM
:) Bleach is awesome, the manga is really really good IMO getting better than the Naruto manga thats coming out, not a big fan of the Shippuuden Anime...its just something about the animation thats not right and also their episodes are stupid and have hardly any good action

van
26-03-08, 10:31 AM
I think any anime that goes for so long is eventually going to become crap and nothing more than a merchandise machine. The best stories are always the ones with a defined beginning and end point - Cowboy Bebop, GITS: Stand Alone Complex, Macross Plus, etc.

Neilus
26-03-08, 10:40 AM
I think any anime that goes for so long is eventually going to become crap and nothing more than a merchandise machine. The best stories are always the ones with a defined beginning and end point - Cowboy Bebop, GITS: Stand Alone Complex, Macross Plus, etc.

Evangelion...

OVTEC
26-03-08, 10:48 AM
yes thankyou Neilus - Evangelion :D

also ive been taking a lot of interest in Gundam 00 Lately as well, IMO best anime im watching atm

JDM 20T
26-03-08, 01:31 PM
yes thankyou Neilus - Evangelion :D

also ive been taking a lot of interest in Gundam 00 Lately as well, IMO best anime im watching atm

Same here Steve watching Gundam 00 , i was never into gundam before but now i am im even building model gundams im so asian now :P

for something with a bit of a story line i am also watching H20 Footprints in the sand which is quite good

and of course still watching Bleach

chuingbeans
26-03-08, 01:55 PM
I had a dream where I was downloading an anime series called "Tecknoman" but it was taking way too long to download so I deleted it o.O

Has the new Gundam series got a different story besides the whole, "...one side steals one sides Gundam and they start a war"?

The Naruto anime series turned to poo once the fillers came and took over. The anime hasn't been the same since...

(Ultra) Shonen Jump manga ftw!

DreadAngel
26-03-08, 04:02 PM
Eva?! No way?! Eva is a hung up series that Gainax or whoever cbf providing funding to finish off (The movies aren't the ending, you're better off not watching them) and in the end when released worldwide, Gainax tries to milk it to death. Overrated and underdone lol =P

Van, are you my Twin?

van
26-03-08, 04:09 PM
Hahaha, I dunno, what did I say to make you think that haha?

DreadAngel
26-03-08, 04:28 PM

Exactly same though XD

Though I love the lesser series like Last Exile, Samurai 7, Flame of Recca, Patlabor, GTO, Onegai Sensei, FLCL, Record of Lodoss, Happy Lesson, RahXephon, etc

van
26-03-08, 04:40 PM
Aaah right, hahah. Yeah, I definitely prefer a good enclosed story rather than these stupid ongoing things. I wasn't able to get in to Last Exile or RahXephon - they just didn't do anything for me, story-wise (animation was amazing though). I've got all the Patlabor OVAs in divx form though - best download of my life!

GTO is damn good too, love Onizuka :D

chuingbeans
26-03-08, 04:55 PM
DreadAngel, what was the storyline in FLCL? I still don't get it after watching it three times :)

GTO love~~ You guys should watch Shonan Junai Gumi, Onizuka's gangstar high school story.

DreadAngel
26-03-08, 05:21 PM
Bahahaha, I wanna be Onizuka :P GERMAN SUPLEX FTMFW

But then I'd get into so much trouble LOL :oops:

FLCL actually took me 5 rewinds to get the damn idea what it was about LOL!!!

Basically Haru is after something (powers or a super item?) hidden away somewhere within Medical Mechanica things (the various freakishly similar Eva "Angels" amongst other stuff LOL). The thing about FLCL is that is all about the Parody of other famous anime series. :)

van
26-03-08, 06:27 PM
You guys should watch Shonan Junai Gumi, Onizuka's gangstar high school story.

I've read some of the manga, it's pretty awesome I agree!

OVTEC
26-03-08, 08:52 PM
I've got all the Patlabor OVAs in divx form though - best download of my life!

GTO is damn good too, love Onizuka :D

oh man Patlabor FTW!!!

that has got to be the first anime ive ever watched i remember going to the asian stores and renting them on Laser Discs man. that was hardcore!

and GTO is real good, even though ive only watched one or 2 episodes, might get into it actually

step.s
26-03-08, 09:55 PM
GTO IS THE SHIT =D

TERRA Operative
26-03-08, 10:50 PM
Bahahaha, I wanna be Onizuka :P GERMAN SUPLEX FTMFW

But then I'd get into so much trouble LOL :oops:

FLCL actually took me 5 rewinds to get the damn idea what it was about LOL!!!

Basically Haru is after something (powers or a super item?) hidden away somewhere within Medical Mechanica things (the various freakishly similar Eva "Angels" amongst other stuff LOL). The thing about FLCL is that is all about the Parody of other famous anime series. :)

Haru is on a search to find the space pirate known as Atomsk. She falls for him and ends up using Naota to help her find Atomsk.
The whole thing with stuff (Robots, guitars etc) coming from Naota's head is due to the power of the left and right side of the brain and the connection creating some sort of portal, of which Naota is particularly good at (Known as an N.O. Portal. The robot that appears is a Medical Machina unit). Apparently the only way to stop or block this phenomena is to wear large fake eyebrows, as seen on the government dude, Commander Amarao.
The robot, Canti was used by Medical Machina to capture Atomsk, but it turns out that with Naotas abilities, Atomsk can appear through Canti.
Apparently Naota is able to produce a particularly powerful guitar (Better than Haru's pull start, 4 stroke, Rickenbacker) which aids Haru in her search for Atomsk, but puts her at odds with Medical Machina, who want to capture him.

Well, that's what I got after watching it a few times. It's been a while though, so I may be a bit off...

DreadAngel
26-03-08, 11:47 PM
Kinda but uber close hehehe :p

Love the stuff coming out of his head HAHAHA or when Canti is finished with him lol

Nightingale
07-04-08, 08:55 PM
Well, just saw the first episode of Code Geass, season 2.

If you haven't seen the first season, should watch it. Its one of the better ones around. Interesting moral themes behind it if you want to look deeper. Season 2 first episode looks to kick off another interesting series.

TERRA Operative
07-04-08, 11:14 PM
Awesome series.

Although the end episode of S1 was the cliffhanger of the year... :mad:

OVTEC
08-04-08, 01:56 PM
OMG who watched the last episode of season one for Gundam 00

it was getting so good as well

awww now i have to wait for season 2 :(

van
11-04-08, 06:53 PM
How AWESOME is this shot from the upcoming live-action Dragon Ball movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/20080411-jjyhe5qre6fnng5xhx6umcecgj.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/macros/picard.jpg

Nightingale
11-04-08, 07:22 PM
rofl, that just doesn't look right.

Seems like lots of new animes coming out now, its been a bit lacking lately. Hopefully that will be changing soon.

Neilus
11-04-08, 07:30 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/new%20stuff/120692983066.jpg

Justin Chatwin can suck the fattest of fat cocks.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/ihatechromies/new%20stuff/120516888671.png

But James Marsters as Piccolo has the potential for awesomeness of the highest order.

TERRA Operative
12-04-08, 12:37 AM
There's been a dragon ball LA movie out for a while. Saw it in the video store...

jugo
18-05-08, 02:13 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already, i just discovered this last week when my brother was watching it on DVD.

Yoroshiku Mechadoc
http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/vlimgdata/4988102334321.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgt9mUdF8ng&eurl=http://www.auto-otaku.com/home/2007/10/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBQsdmGgxdk&eurl=http://www.auto-otaku.com/home/2007/10/index.html

van
18-05-08, 02:46 PM
Your brother has Mechadoc on DVD? Is it subtitled? Would you consider burning it for me? Been trying to get my hands on a subbed copy for ages...

OVTEC
18-05-08, 03:14 PM
isnt that pirating and isnt that illegal which means not allowed on the forums?

not being a smart ass but i happened to me when i ask someone to burn me a copy of something and now mods are doing it....

van
18-05-08, 03:24 PM
What was it? Apologies if it was me, but it depends on the title. Mechadoc is a hard to come by anime not marketed or licenced in the west, so it's the kind of thing I consider to be tough luck for the Japanese distributor. If they aren't going to make it available to me here in the West, I'm not going out of my way to protect their interests.

jugo
18-05-08, 05:33 PM
Your brother has Mechadoc on DVD? Is it subtitled? Would you consider burning it for me? Been trying to get my hands on a subbed copy for ages...

Sorry Van its not subbed, and its not OG... He downloaded it. :(

will mos def let you know when i get an OG or Good enough subbed copy.

van
18-05-08, 05:35 PM
Aw damn! Ah well, thanks man :)

MissMR
19-05-08, 09:58 PM
Ohhh... looking through here there are some new things to look out for... Thanks!

Me... personal fave... Witchblade... bit girly of me but hey! It rocks!

OVTEC
19-05-08, 10:05 PM
hey does anybody know when the next season of gundam 00 is out

and i've been missing out on a lot of anime lately

all ive been doing is reading the manga...

full of fillers for Bleach but Naruto Shippuuden on the other hand is get very very interesting

van
20-05-08, 06:39 AM
No idea about Gundam, I've never been able to get interested in that show. Sorry man!

Wink
20-05-08, 10:39 AM
I'm no anime fan but I watched Voices of a Distant Star on SBS last night.

Pretty good, although it needed more big robot combat action!

I <3 big robots (Gundam, Mechwarrior, Macross, Transformers etc)

TERRA Operative
20-05-08, 04:17 PM
If you liked the storytelling in Voices of a Distant Star, check out Makoto Shinkai's other works, 5cm Per Second and The place Promised In Our Early Days.

All are friggen awesome in both animation and storytelling.

keviny
14-06-08, 11:27 PM
I've recently found my muched love childhood anime series!!..

DR SLUMP FTMFW!!!! by Akira Toriyama ;)

http://www.mxgamers.org/wp-content/uploads/araleall.jpg

Oh and Ninja Hattori Kun!!...the Original anima Ninja!! :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/th/thumb/9/93/Ninja_Hattori-kun_DVD.jpg/300px-Ninja_Hattori-kun_DVD.jpg

van
15-06-08, 07:44 AM
Aaaah Ninja Hattori Kun was created by the same guy that created Doraemon. Good one!

Toriyama's stuff is legendary. While I can't really stand DBZ, the first Dragon Ball series was amazing.

keviny
15-06-08, 06:49 PM
Yeah i never liked the DBZ neither..... doesn't have the "charm" of the original....

hahah look what I've found on youtube!!!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKX3iM5oAGE&feature=related

driftrx
15-06-08, 07:58 PM
my 2 favs,

fullmetal alchemist... starts off awesome, and the last few episodes just steps it up.. the movie was good to.. bummer theres no more after that.

and trigun... man i loved trigun :)

cowboy bepops up there to lol

Garth Ivers
15-06-08, 08:04 PM
OMG who watched the last episode of season one for Gundam 00

it was getting so good as well

awww now i have to wait for season 2 :(

yeah, they are doing this split with code geass... which sucks ass

tengen toppa gurren lagann is a fucking epic series

Garth Ivers
15-06-08, 08:09 PM
narutard and bleach... cant stand them.... its almost as bad as DBZ

Garth Ivers
15-06-08, 08:16 PM
hey neilus, whats with the evo obsession, you havent hardly mentioned any other series' lol

eva is good, but there is a lot of better animated stuff out there.

van
24-06-08, 09:03 PM
Watching me a dollop of Patlabor.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/localmike/stuff/7707f6c2.gif

Up to episode 25 of the OVA. Such a good show. Love it :D