PDA

View Full Version : Customised 250cc Honda Forza

K3NJ1
28-01-09, 03:53 PM
Hi guys

I'm probably asking for it posting a scooter post in a motorbike forum, but just wanted your opinions on my bike:

http://vimeo.com/962044

I'm contemplating having it shipped from Tokyo to Sydney. I'd like to know whether you think people would want to buy something like this over here. I'll be selling it in a year or so and wondered what price people would be willing to pay. It's been heavily customised, built in speakers, lowered suspension, crazy exhaust and air cleaner etc etc

Cheers

Garth Ivers
28-01-09, 04:20 PM
depends, personally i really dislike those scooters
but a few of the guys in the office here love them.

so yeah, would depend on the person

Babalouie
28-01-09, 04:56 PM
I dunno if big-scooter will be popular here. They're really popular in Japan tho.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/2008/02/07/tokyo-daze-big-scooter/

But they're quite big and long and the ppl who buy cheap China (or Vespa!) scooters prolly won't be interested. And I dunno if you'll have too many JDM whores switching to 2 wheels just to sample a slice of Japan scooter culture.

Dominik
28-01-09, 05:45 PM
I'd love one of these scooters here... But I'm hoping to be back there by next year. I'm sure someone would be keen though, i take it you are getting it here under the private import deal (owned it for more than 12 months etc?)....

Btw, nice vids!

BLISTC
29-01-09, 02:11 AM
how much you looking at selling something liek that for in australia?

K3NJ1
29-01-09, 10:08 AM
yeah, I've got my private import permit sorted so now am just looking for the cheapest way to ship it in. It's all a bit complicated though, the company I'm dealing with only imports to Brisbane and I'm in Sydney. I want to fly up there and ride it back but the registration process sounds complicated....

might just have to sell in Japan :-(

K3NJ1
29-01-09, 10:09 AM
how much you looking at selling something liek that for in australia?

dunno, around 10 grand I guess

keungleung
29-01-09, 10:36 AM
nooooooooo

bring it here

those things are so cool!!!

K3NJ1
29-01-09, 12:42 PM
also worried that when I come to get it registered here, they'd make me remove the exhuast for safety compliance or whatever...

Dominik
29-01-09, 12:52 PM
It needs to go through a blueslip i believe, so that might mean taking off mods (or finding someone dodgy). Can always put them all back on afterwards... ;)

K3NJ1
29-01-09, 02:36 PM
It needs to go through a blueslip i believe, so that might mean taking off mods (or finding someone dodgy). Can always put them all back on afterwards... ;)

sounds good, thanks for the advice.
I've never seen a modded big scooter over here before. Might be an untapped market to try and start something up..?

dopey
29-01-09, 02:47 PM
well that's certainly a lot cooler than the faggy Vespa shitboxes that get around here

Matyi
29-01-09, 04:21 PM
I saw these back when I was in J-land in November. Awesome stuff, love them! I did actually wonder if they were based on common scooters available here, but decided they werent.

Why dont you import it to Brisbane, and just stick it on a train/car carrier/ride it down?

If you need a hand, Im in Brisbane and have a garage you can keep it in for a while.. Happy to help.

Dominik
29-01-09, 06:29 PM
sounds good, thanks for the advice.
I've never seen a modded big scooter over here before. Might be an untapped market to try and start something up..?

I wonder if it would take off too. Certainly cooler than the vespas etc you see here. I am sure there are some people interested in getting it off you. Right now bikes need the same RAWS compliance as cars (AFAIK) so people that want one have to get a 1988 model or nothing. Like i said, if i wasnt planning to be living there soon, i would be right on this....

K3NJ1
30-01-09, 09:14 AM
I saw these back when I was in J-land in November. Awesome stuff, love them! I did actually wonder if they were based on common scooters available here, but decided they werent.

Why dont you import it to Brisbane, and just stick it on a train/car carrier/ride it down?

If you need a hand, Im in Brisbane and have a garage you can keep it in for a while.. Happy to help.

Some of the scooters including mine are based on models available here. The only ones I've seen in Sydney are Honda Forzas (mine), Yamaha Majestys and T-Maxs but only a handful and for some reason they're all really old models.

Thanks for the offer of a hand - much appreciated. I considered the Brisbane offer but am worried about how easy it'll be to have it registered up there in a day so I can ride it back. A carrier quoted me $500 to have it transported - does that sound like the going rate?