PDA

View Full Version : ISP's.....**ADSL**

Marc
27-01-07, 05:45 PM
Hey all, just moved house, i can get ADSL but not ADSL2+, but still its better than dial up, atm im lookng at TPG and they offer 8000k/384k with 40GB, shaped to 64k after that, for $99 p.month

Can anyone suggest a better plan or ISP??

I have dealt with TPG in the past with no issues, but if anyone can find me something better id be more than happy to hear about it. :)

Cheers.

A'PEXi
27-01-07, 08:46 PM
yes, internode :D

Harves
27-01-07, 10:02 PM
yes, internode :D

Agree x 2

TPG tech support are useless as well!

MiGoreng
27-01-07, 11:38 PM
http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

for prices, company, usage etc

TENSE
28-01-07, 01:17 AM
dodo broadband!

RaYmO
28-01-07, 11:51 AM
TPG sucks dead dogs balls if you need tech support.

But once it's set up properly and you don't need to deal with those monkeys again - its great.

Marc
28-01-07, 04:58 PM
http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

for prices, company, usage etc

Yeah i know that, seeing usage and prces is one thing, but to hear from people who have actually used them is another.

Yeah once its set up i shouldnt need tech support, i know a few people who have done tech support at places like AAPTand iinet and from what ive gathered 99% of tech support are smart ass super nerds anyway, and not too helpful at the best of times. No offence to anyone here who does tech support. :P

RyanP
04-02-07, 12:51 PM
Majority of people won't get *8Mb*, up to 5-6mb at best.

lovesil
04-02-07, 01:08 PM
Yeah i know that, seeing usage and prces is one thing, but to hear from people who have actually used them is another.

I think there's actually also forums on that site where people voice their opinion.

Kazaf
06-02-07, 09:36 AM
iinet! might as well go ADSL2
they are pretty much the same price nowadays

Tosh
06-02-07, 10:18 AM
He can't get ADSL2 kazaf.

oh and iinet ftw

RyanP
06-02-07, 09:50 PM
I think there's actually also forums on that site where people voice their opinion.

whirlpool.net.au and cynosure.

Snoop G
06-10-11, 11:33 PM
Okay needing help peeps

About to setup a Netgear DGN3500
http://www.netgear.com.au/home/products/wirelessrouters/work-and-play/DGN3500.aspx

the ISP is TPG ADSL 2+

just having no luck with finding the settings on the TPG website to setup the adsl connection
any ideas?

KEV248
07-10-11, 11:20 AM
Where i live, i can only get ADSL not ADSL 2+ as that im on a "sub exchange". I use TPG with a 80GB plan p/m for $59.95. And i find it alright. I get alot of TV Shows/Movies, and i find if i download a TV show (usually 350mb), it takes about 40mins on average to download!

_IceMan_
07-10-11, 11:56 AM
Okay needing help peeps

About to setup a Netgear DGN3500
http://www.netgear.com.au/home/products/wirelessrouters/work-and-play/DGN3500.aspx

the ISP is TPG ADSL 2+

just having no luck with finding the settings on the TPG website to setup the adsl connection
any ideas?
You'll likely have to deal with the muppets at TPG customer service to get those settings like I had to when I was doing my first time setup :S.

FWIW though, there's only a couple of things you need to change so here they are. Your router should figure out the rest on its own.

Enter username/password
Set "Protocol" to PPPoE or PPP over Ethernet
Set "Encapsulation method" to LLC/SNAP Bridging
Set "Authentication Protocol" to PAP or Auto
Set "MTU" to Auto or 1492
Select Obtain IP address automatically & Obtain DNS automatically

And hopefully, this will get you online :)

Kyon
07-10-11, 12:01 PM
I'm in the same boat. Can't get ADSL2 because I'm too far away from the exchange, so I can only get ADSL1 (which is more expensive than ADSL2 in some cases and also has rubbish speeds).

I chose to get Optus cable instead, I'm on the $99 fusion plan (It's $109 now for new members) which gives me 500GB at a stable 20Mbit as well as a home phone with unlimited local and mobile calls. Uploads are counted, but I've got 500GB so who cares.

My advice would be to call up Optus and see if you can get cable broadband hooked up to your house. It's much better than being stuck on ADSL1.

Snoop G
07-10-11, 12:24 PM
You'll likely have to deal with the muppets at TPG customer service to get those settings like I had to when I was doing my first time setup :S.

FWIW though, there's only a couple of things you need to change so here they are. Your router should figure out the rest on its own.

Enter username/password
Set "Protocol" to PPPoE or PPP over Ethernet
Set "Encapsulation method" to LLC/SNAP Bridging
Set "Authentication Protocol" to PAP or Auto
Set "MTU" to Auto or 1492
Select Obtain IP address automatically & Obtain DNS automatically

And hopefully, this will get you online :)
thanx heaps man.