PDA

View Full Version : Increased provisional rider period - taking effect in June

danielb
11-03-09, 04:20 PM
ಠ _ಠ

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2009/03/11/Young_motorcyclists_on_Pplates_longer

The changes, to come into effect in June, will mirror those already in place for young car drivers.
Motorcyclists under 25 will stay on their provisional licence for three years with the same P1 and P2 licences as car drivers.

Wow...

Roadster
11-03-09, 04:34 PM
Roads Minister Michael Daley said motorcyclists aged over 25, who already hold unrestricted car driver's licences, would be exempt from the P2 phase.

so those who are under 25 and obtained their learners from march and onwards is screwed. LOL

DR-JEKL
11-03-09, 04:59 PM
It was only a matter of time really!

It certainly is going to make life hard for a typical sensible young bloke who can't ride an R6 due to these restrictions, but can handle the power of a a race bike on a weekend @ a circuit.

Garth Ivers
11-03-09, 05:12 PM
since when do govt regulation make sense?

CaptainColen
11-03-09, 05:23 PM
If we get our L's now, will we still be affected by these changes?

SfS
11-03-09, 05:53 PM
If you got your Ls now and get onto your Ps in what may? Will you eb affected?

Roadster
11-03-09, 06:23 PM
If we get our L's now, will we still be affected by these changes?

if your younger than 23 years old yes.

If you got your Ls now and get onto your Ps in what may? Will you eb affected?

if you get your L's now, you'll be getting your P's in june.

c0LL1n
11-03-09, 06:33 PM
So my understanding is that if you currently have your l's now, you must do it by June otherwise you will have to do the 2 yrs on your ps'?

Roadster
11-03-09, 06:44 PM
So my understanding is that if you currently have your l's now, you must do it by June otherwise you will have to do the 2 yrs on your ps'?

thats how I understand it.

Knight Rider
11-03-09, 06:45 PM
What the fuck. I honestly wanted to have an R6 this time next year.

Roadster
11-03-09, 06:47 PM
What the fuck. I honestly wanted to have an R6 this time next year.

didn't you get your L's a while ago?

Knight Rider
11-03-09, 06:54 PM
didn't you get your L's a while ago?

Yeah but the license got disqualified because of my car license. So now I have to redo my L's test thingy. Oh well, some cops just cant tell the difference between cc.

[ekkY]
11-03-09, 06:54 PM
oh snap
my little cousin who is 17
just got his L's today
nows, he screwed staying on P's for a while
hahahaaa

but thens it good for him, as he will improve more and be a better rider

c0LL1n
11-03-09, 06:56 PM
Damn it that sucks! I got my l's in jan and bought my bike end of feb.
Im not sure if I can be ready in 3 months time (june) to do the p's test.

I reckon every L plater will start booking now so that they can get it in time. So that they can be exempt from it..

Knight Rider
11-03-09, 06:57 PM
Damn it that sucks! I got my l's in jan and bought my bike end of feb.
Im not sure if I can be ready in 3 months time (june) to do the p's test.

I reckon every L plater will start booking now so that they can get it in time. So that they can be exempt from it..

Ride your bike everyday for 3 months and you will pass. Guaranteed. Thats if you know what your doing from day 1.

Roadster
11-03-09, 06:57 PM
Yeah but the license got disqualified because of my car license. So now I have to redo my L's test thingy. Oh well, some cops just cant tell the difference between cc.

owned. some cops can't, some cops can. I've encountered both kinds before, the latter was painful :)

Roadster
11-03-09, 06:58 PM
Ride your bike everyday for 3 months and you will pass. Guaranteed. Thats if you know what your doing from day 1.

just practice. dont need to know what your doing from day one.

EM16A
11-03-09, 06:58 PM
If you ride everyday I'd say a month of practice is fine.

Spend a couple days doing the RTA course at a parking lot and you will pass.

Knight Rider
11-03-09, 07:03 PM
owned. some cops can't, some cops can. I've encountered both kinds before, the latter was painful :)

Your right. My best mate had a minor bike accident last Saturday when the rain was coming down. Highway Patrol rocks up to the scene and tells us his a rider himself. I guess theres a 50/50 chance of them knowing how much cc your riding.

I was always suprised about how lenient the government/police were on bikes... but now there coming down hard like they have on cars.

Every wanabe learner rider is copping it on the chin now lol.

SfS
11-03-09, 07:05 PM
if your younger than 23 years old yes.

if you get your L's now, you'll be getting your P's in june.

I got my L's dec 30th?

c0LL1n
Okay, thanks guys. Its just that with winter coming up and all that, I would have preferred not to have ridden in the rain etc until i get more practice.

I just dont get how been on your p's longer helps to reduce accidents, by being more 'experienced'. What difference would it be if you were full licenced (besides a more powerful bike).

Roadster
I got my L's dec 30th?

you can attempt your P's in april. better book now.

Roadster
11-03-09, 07:06 PM
Okay, thanks guys. Its just that with winter coming up and all that, I would have preferred not to have ridden in the rain etc until i get more practice.

I just dont get how been on your p's longer helps to reduce accidents, by being more 'experienced'. What difference would it be if you were full licenced (besides a more powerful bike).

bigger bike and being able to drink and ride.

OVTEC
11-03-09, 07:09 PM
looks like ill be waiting until im 25 to get my bike licence again...

SfS
11-03-09, 07:10 PM
you can attempt your P's in april. better book now.

April don't you have to wait 6 months?

Roadster
11-03-09, 07:11 PM

just three.

Knight Rider
11-03-09, 07:11 PM

EDIT: Roadster beat me to it lol

benxxx
11-03-09, 07:14 PM

It's say LAMS on the rego label though, it wouldn't be too hard

SfS
11-03-09, 07:14 PM
I thought it was 6, i'm only well 20 in april though I thought it was 3 for fully licenced drivers?

Roadster
11-03-09, 07:17 PM
I thought it was 6, i'm only well 20 in april though I thought it was 3 for fully licenced drivers?

http://rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/motorcycle/provisional_rider_licence.html

Knight Rider
11-03-09, 07:18 PM
It's say LAMS on the rego label though, it wouldn't be too hard

Yeahh... forgot about that. Im thinking about selling my bike and buying a car to drive around. The bike definately causes inconvenience when your with mates. Ill just get a 125cc dirtbike and try to road-register the thing. Atleast I can have the feel of both.

Btw, anyone here ridden a Yamaha Raptor 700 before? (quadbike)

c0LL1n
11-03-09, 07:25 PM
bigger bike and being able to drink and ride.

Yes true, you may be able to drink and ride, but anybody stupid enough to do it deserve what they get.
Even with a 250cc or 1000cc bike, they are still fast enough and dangerous enough in the wrong hands and attitude. If they want to stop all these accidents more training and education is needed.

The learner's course definately helps those who have never ridden before etc. But you are only riding in a confind and controlled area, where as when you get your own bike thats it your own the road with bad drivers etc. I just think that if the learner's course let you out on the road for a short period it would be a lot better experience from it.

OVTEC
11-03-09, 07:28 PM
Yeahh... forgot about that. Im thinking about selling my bike and buying a car to drive around. The bike definately causes inconvenience when your with mates. Ill just get a 125cc dirtbike and try to road-register the thing. Atleast I can have the feel of both.

Btw, anyone here ridden a Yamaha Raptor 700 before? (quadbike)

YES, it is a MACHINE!

Knight Rider
11-03-09, 07:33 PM
YES, it is a MACHINE!

LOLLL Hard. A friend of mine has 2 of them, both of them have full exhaust, yoshi pipes tune this and that. Took it for a lil ride on his street.... was in 2nd gear on low revs and I pushed the throttle just a touch and this thing just popped about 2-3 inches off the floor.... I got so excited so I done it 10 more times lol.

Cant wait to go to Stockton Beach with these things... would be sick fun!

haikii
11-03-09, 07:37 PM
I honestly think 3 years is abit exessive...

Bein on a 250 for 3 years will rip me, they could atleast up the power limit or something.

I think the situation wiht alot of younger riders is they don't have enough general road experience and that combined with being new to riding is abit of a risk. for example my cousin wants to get his bike license, he has his car L's although he isn't so keen. Id rather him drive in the car know the road before he gets his bike license.

Roadster
11-03-09, 07:41 PM
I honestly think 3 years is abit exessive...

Bein on a 250 for 3 years will rip me, they could atleast up the power limit or something.

I think the situation wiht alot of younger riders is they don't have enough general road experience and that combined with being new to riding is abit of a risk. for example my cousin wants to get his bike license, he has his car L's although he isn't so keen. Id rather him drive in the car know the road before he gets his bike license.

you can get to a maximum of 660cc, just has to be below 150kw/ton.

if you want to give it a fang, the only safe place is the track. furthermore, you don't even need a bike licence to do a track day at EC. you can even hire gear and a gsxr-600 there too!

SfS
11-03-09, 07:44 PM
Thats true, experience is a factor, but IMO riding a bike is 500% better, makes you more aware, more cautious and your less likely of doing something stupid in a car if you know how it feels to get cut off or pulled out in front of on a bike.

haikii
11-03-09, 08:12 PM
Well yeh if i wanted to give it a 'fang' id go to the track for sure. I sure as hell plan to even with the VTR250 when money allows. But i guess still, 3 years is alot... and it would be quite nice seeing something like a R6 in the driveway.

Yeh i know that its 150kw/tonne.

danielb
11-03-09, 08:35 PM
It looks like it'll be the same as the car scheme, as they mention P2 ie. green Ps.

I wonder if they'll have a test at the end of your red Ps before you can get your greens?

DR-JEKL
11-03-09, 08:44 PM
Hmm this new law may make my LAMS legal GS500F easier to sell now (due to the greater demand for LAMS legal bikes) perhaps so I can upgrade to a Trumpy speed triple :D

cl9
11-03-09, 09:17 PM
It looks like it'll be the same as the car scheme, as they mention P2 ie. green Ps.

I wonder if they'll have a test at the end of your red Ps before you can get your greens?

will probably be the same computer touchscreen test.

i think this is good - there are too many people out there getting their red p's, not riding for a year and then jumping on an r1 and totally writing themselves off.

no matter what you think, doing your time on a 250 will save you hassle later on

i've had so many close calls on my 250 that i'm sure i would've fu.cked myself up if i was on a bigger bike.. i'm glad i did my time..

.::F[L]Y::.
11-03-09, 09:17 PM
shit. better go get my P's then lol

tai9a
12-03-09, 04:42 AM
well that law is pretty gay and unecesary. 3 years on p's wont do shit for anyone. you might gain more experience but whats experience when u have bad car drivers out there who can hit you and possibly kill you regardless of your skill and licence.

all i can see now is a bunch of kids buying 600cc+ when they are all on this new restriction. kinda turns me off the idea of riding and being trapped on P's for the next 3 years, if i were to ride on a legally permitted bike for that duration.

i dont remember car licence being that tough. f*cking government and trying to think they are actually saving lives.

patawan
12-03-09, 10:17 AM
I reckon they just doing it to make more money. Government getting greedy bet they'll charge a bucket load for green P's test and then full license test like the car.
Man better book my P's now i reckon there will be a lot of ppl booking P's now since reading this lol.

Roadster
12-03-09, 10:31 AM
Motorcycle Graduated Licensing System - Questions and Answers

When does the new system come into effect?

The GLS for motorcycle is in effect from June 2009.

What if I am currently on a motorcycle Learner rider licence?

Provisional rider licences issued after June 2009 will come under the new system.

What if I am currently booked into a provisional rider course after June 2009?

Provisional rider licences issued after June 2009 will come under the new system.

What if I am currently on a Provisional motorcycle rider licence?

Provisional rider licences issued before June 2009 will not come under the new system.

What are the mature aged exemptions?

Riders over the age of 25 years may receive an exemption from the P2 phase if they:

- Hold a current Australian unrestricted driver licence.

- Have completed a minimum of 12 months on a P1 licence

- Meet all other licensing requirements

Who is restricted to riding a Learner Approved Motorcycle (LAM)?

All novice riders are restricted to a LAM while they hold a Learner, P1 or P2 licence.

How long is the P1 licence issued/valid for?

The P1 licence is valid for 18 months but may be upgraded after a minimum of 12 months.

What is the Provisional P2 rider licence?

The Provisional P2 licence is issued after a rider has held a P1 licence for a minimum of 12 months. The P2 licence may be upgraded after 24 months (not including any licence suspensions or cancellations).

How long is the P2 licence issued/valid for?

The P2 licence is valid for 30 months but may be upgraded after a minimum of 24 months.

What if a licence is cancelled following a disqualification for a serious offence?

When a licence is cancelled as a result of a disqualification for a serious offence, the period the licence was held before the cancellation is not counted.

What are the licence restrictions for P2 licences?

The restrictions are;

- Blood Alcohol must be Zero.

- Demerit points – seven or more points will incur suspension

- Display of P plates – A green P plate must be clearly displayed on the back of the motorcycle.

- Helmet – Must be Australian Standard approved (AS 1698)

- Motorcycle – must be a LAM, identified on RTA website as learner approved and have an engine capacity not greater than 660ml and a power to weight ratio not greater than 150 kilowatts per tonne.

- Speed limit – limited to a maximum 100km/h.

What are the licensing stages of the GLS?

Can I carry a passenger on a P2 rider licence?

Yes

If I turn 25 while on aP2 licence can I up grade to a full licence?

Yes

patawan
12-03-09, 10:47 AM
Motorcycle Graduated Licensing System - Questions and Answers

When does the new system come into effect?

The GLS for motorcycle is in effect from June 2009.

What if I am currently on a motorcycle Learner rider licence?

What if I am currently booked into a provisional rider course after June 2009?

What if I am currently on a Provisional motorcycle rider licence?

Provisional rider licences issued before June 2009 will not come under the new system.

What are the mature aged exemptions?

Riders over the age of 25 years may receive an exemption from the P2 phase if they:

- Hold a current Australian unrestricted driver licence.

- Have completed a minimum of 12 months on a P1 licence

- Meet all other licensing requirements

Who is restricted to riding a Learner Approved Motorcycle (LAM)?

All novice riders are restricted to a LAM while they hold a Learner, P1 or P2 licence.

How long is the P1 licence issued/valid for?

The P1 licence is valid for 18 months but may be upgraded after a minimum of 12 months.

What is the Provisional P2 rider licence?

The Provisional P2 licence is issued after a rider has held a P1 licence for a minimum of 12 months. The P2 licence may be upgraded after 24 months (not including any licence suspensions or cancellations).

How long is the P2 licence issued/valid for?

The P2 licence is valid for 30 months but may be upgraded after a minimum of 24 months.

What if a licence is cancelled following a disqualification for a serious offence?

When a licence is cancelled as a result of a disqualification for a serious offence, the period the licence was held before the cancellation is not counted.

What are the licence restrictions for P2 licences?

The restrictions are;

- Blood Alcohol must be Zero.

- Demerit points – seven or more points will incur suspension

- Display of P plates – A green P plate must be clearly displayed on the back of the motorcycle.

- Helmet – Must be Australian Standard approved (AS 1698)

- Motorcycle – must be a LAM, identified on RTA website as learner approved and have an engine capacity not greater than 660ml and a power to weight ratio not greater than 150 kilowatts per tonne.

- Speed limit – limited to a maximum 100km/h.

What are the licensing stages of the GLS?

Can I carry a passenger on a P2 rider licence?

Yes

If I turn 25 while on aP2 licence can I up grade to a full licence?

Yes

So does that mean if I'm on P2 for like 2 months n then turn 25 I can just get a full licence straight away?

nebuchernezzer
12-03-09, 10:53 AM
I'm doing my L's in a few weeks time, but meh I'm 28 this year :D.

CONAN
12-03-09, 02:06 PM
furthermore, you don't even need a bike licence to do a track day at EC. you can even hire gear and a gsxr-600 there too!

And pay outta your ass when you drop it... screw that!

The government / RTA made everyone aware of this new bike regulation some years ago. But since its the govt, it takes years for them to get anything done.

SfS
14-03-09, 08:59 AM
Booked my P's for april 6th:cool: Anyone know if the test is that hard?

Roadster
14-03-09, 09:45 AM
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/images/most1425.jpg

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/images/most2425.jpg

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/images/most3425.jpg

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/images/most4425.jpg

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/tests/most/index.html

Practice and you'll be right.

haikii
14-03-09, 09:58 AM
Theres a spot in olympic park with a course set up where you can practice these.

Sicarius123
14-03-09, 10:11 AM
I'll say the same thing in this thread as I do in every P plate car thread.

Don't like it? Dodge yourself an address for an ACT licence.

lol.

CONAN
14-03-09, 02:14 PM
You have 8 points to lose during the test... just don't lose it all and you'll be right.

Head checks and make sure you don't fark up the swerve test.

Roadster
14-03-09, 07:58 PM
You have 8 points to lose during the test... just don't lose it all and you'll be right.

Head checks and make sure you don't fark up the swerve test.

ah yes headcheck's, you can score epic fails from not engaging headchecks.

black200
15-03-09, 01:16 PM
btw i spoke to a dude from the RTA, and he said this isn't set in stone yet. There needs to be an official document that needs to be pass through government and needs to be signed by a whole bunch of people.

he said it might happen, and the projected date is june - but it likely to stretch further past june - so some of you might be lucky... might!

SfS
15-03-09, 10:25 PM
Theres a spot in olympic park with a course set up where you can practice these.

Where abouts in Olympic park?

c0LL1n
17-03-09, 02:49 AM
Where abouts in Olympic park?

http://www.netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58991

They have weekly sessions each wed night, address/location is on the link and more info there too. I should try get to one of these, but with uni and work.. :( :(

haikii
19-03-09, 11:16 PM
Yehh what he said.

heres the google map loc.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&saddr=&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mr&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=-33.839935,151.076646&spn=0.004866,0.007639&z=17

OVTEC
19-03-09, 11:26 PM
ah yes headcheck's, you can score epic fails from not engaging headchecks.

that is why I don't currently have my P's :(

haikii
20-03-09, 12:31 AM
Ouch :( is it an automatic fail if you don't headcheck?

ai_04
20-03-09, 01:44 AM
IIRC, it isn't an automatic fail.

But it's an easy way to accumulate points towards a fail.

CONAN
20-03-09, 10:38 AM
Ouch :( is it an automatic fail if you don't headcheck?

Depends how ignorant you are towards headchecks.. It's pretty important and if the instructor/tester wanted to fail you I think he could.

haikii
20-03-09, 11:05 AM
Ahh ok. I should really drill that into a habit. Only started riding again recently after doing my Pre-learners in JAN so i dropped alot of the safety things.

Provisional test is easy to pass if you just practice hey, but whats involved with the Pre provisionals?

Futile
22-03-09, 09:48 PM
Hmmm this is not good... *goes and books P's Test online*

Atleast this way people wont be buying just shit bikes to get them through the year or not buying one at all and going straight onto a big bike and killing themselves..

benxxx
22-03-09, 11:34 PM
I can see the prices of RVF400's going up even more, having said that If I was stuck with LAMS for that long I'd get one too

haikii
01-04-09, 05:23 PM
I sure as hell hope my VTR increases in price a little :D don't see why it would but wishful thinking.

Anyways booked my P's for May!! Im shittin bricks now!! haha

ap
01-04-09, 08:33 PM
i spoke to the lady at the rta about the 3 year p-plate law, she told me she hasn't heard anything about it yet!

the p's test is pretty easy!

been told the u-turn can be tricky on some sports bikes, but if you hire their bikes it's dead simple. :)

SfS
01-04-09, 08:42 PM
Grrrreeeeeaaaaaaat stupid why did I have to buy a semi sports bike lol!

haikii
01-04-09, 09:24 PM
Psh you ride a hyosong. its like saying honda is a sports car.

:P kidding

SfS
01-04-09, 09:29 PM
Thats why I said SEMI lol... It CANT be a sports bike its a 250 :( lol

pr1nce
01-04-09, 11:11 PM
There are 250 sports bikes?

NSR250, RGV250, TZR250, they'll make your shite your pants

danielb
01-04-09, 11:30 PM
What about CBR250 bro. best ever :lol:

An across 250 is also a sportsbike if steve is riding it

Tommo
02-04-09, 09:57 PM
More importantly, it sounds like an F1 hahaha

SfS
02-04-09, 10:53 PM
There are 250 sports bikes?

NSR250, RGV250, TZR250, they'll make your shite your pants

But how many of them are Learner legal? And not the size of a 8yo's pushbike?

SfS
07-04-09, 05:42 PM
I take back my comment above, failed my Ps yesterday, U-turns with a bigarse(ish) sports bike is hard hence the failing part.

danielb
07-04-09, 05:44 PM
Unlucky mate.. keep trying before June !

SfS
07-04-09, 06:14 PM
Will do, have to wait 7 days though, was shattered haha, its just me or this may be inexperience talking but a few of the tests seem impractical but meh you gotta do what you gotta do.

pr1nce
07-04-09, 06:38 PM
Dude did you practice beforehand?

I've been practising the last few days,

did the coneweave, swerve test and brake test today...

Practice, practice practice!!

SfS
07-04-09, 06:51 PM
Yer I practised, obviously not enough though.

pr1nce
07-04-09, 07:24 PM
how did you go with the coneweave and swerve test?

SfS
07-04-09, 09:46 PM
I could of one the swerve at 60km, easy. The swerve wasn't THAT bad, but I wasn't taking them far enough sometimes and kept knocking the cones with my foot (only when I was practising not the actual test).

Taleb Tyres
08-04-09, 12:30 AM
unlucky mate, keep at it before you get dicked with the new rules!

did you do it on the 250r?

i did mine couple of weeks ago without a problem, and that was on a cbrRR, u turn is a pain but once you get the hang of it its nothing. gotta lean that bitch over and counterweight.

hunghing
11-04-09, 12:28 AM
i did mine couple of weeks ago without a problem, and that was on a cbrRR, u turn is a pain but once you get the hang of it its nothing. gotta lean that bitch over and counterweight.

Do you have to lock the handlebar? Because I find it hard to use the throttle when the handlebar is on full lock.

Garth Ivers
11-04-09, 03:14 AM
i didnt practise for shit and i was possibly the second best rider in my group
that said i rode every single weekday on my L's. for you weekender guys it might help to practise.
oh and i didnt test on a sportsbike either.... a lot of the guys who were in my group actually paid the extra and hired the shitty cb250's and they said it was 400% easier to do everything compared to their sporty bikes.

maybe youre best bet is to ask someone with a commuter bike to borrow for the day?

but seriously, how some people think theyll pass is beyond me.. like there was this tard getting his scooter p's.... hopeless.... i mean its twist and go and stop, i think he failed cos he couldnt stop.... the instructor (fairly lenient i rekon) gave him about 10 extra tries and he still fucked up... aiya...

but those who failed on headchecks thats gotta suck.

Taleb Tyres
11-04-09, 03:08 PM
Do you have to lock the handlebar? Because I find it hard to use the throttle when the handlebar is on full lock.

Ye, a bit of speed, full lock, and big lean out.

I had exactly the same problem as you with the throttle, i couldnt rev on full lock, so i just adjusted the idle higher before the test. I did it in front of the instructor too he didnt say anything, makes it alot easier just using the clutch.

projekt.aces
12-04-09, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, just wondering, so Im getting my Ls in the next week or so since i fall in the new riding scheme does it mean that i can ride a 650cc bike straight?

pr1nce
12-04-09, 07:54 PM
only nugget 650cc's

SfS
12-04-09, 09:15 PM
Yeh no gixxer 600s unforetunately lol.

haikii
12-04-09, 09:37 PM
I guess you could go for a GSX650F

http://www.revistamotoclubes.com.br/2008_10/images/GSX650_1.jpg

Doesn't look half bad, supposed to be a great ride. Although pricey... LAMS approved though :)

found this report by motorreport too...

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/8996/suzuki-releases-lams-approved-2009-gsx650fu-and-2009-sv650su/

HuH
14-04-09, 02:27 AM
So glad I got my licence in February. Fingers crossed I can get a booking for sometime next month!

Has anyone done the course at HART that preps you for the Ps test? Looks like it could be worthwhile - especially when I'll be at HART to do the actual Ps test as well.

HuH
15-04-09, 01:04 AM
I had to go into the RTA today for a couple of errands, including booking my Ps test (which I did for May 21st!), so I asked the lady there about the changes.

At this stage it's just a plan that Nathan Reiss has proposed. Nothing has been signed off on and the staff haven't been told anything concrete yet. Obviously it is up on the RTA website, but it's still pending approval/implementation, etc. I guess the giveaway for that is the fact that it only says June 2009, whereas it would usually state the date - i.e. 01 June 2009, or whatever. So there's a chance by the time they get around to sorting it out, it'll either be scrapped (unlikely, IMHO), or more likely, be delayed until later in the year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

pr1nce
24-04-09, 09:55 PM
Passed my Ps test today

100%

The VTR can nevar lose!

haikii
24-04-09, 11:31 PM
Congrats!!! hi5 brother

EM16A
28-04-09, 01:26 PM
lol nevarrrr lose

SfS
28-04-09, 08:48 PM
Hmmm I gotta go for mine 23rd next month, gunna borrow my friends 250 ninja hopefully it should be easier!

benxxx
29-04-09, 11:44 AM
Any bike in good working order should be easy to do it on, problem is older bikes that have been dropped and not fixed correctly can have bars that hit the tank on full lock etc etc which makes it very difficult. I did it on my NSR no worries, dirt bikes are the easiest by far.

pr1nce
29-04-09, 12:00 PM
There was a guy on a Yamaha cruiser and when it came to practice the coneweave and u-turn he had no chance. Instructor told him to just pay to use the CB250, he did and passed.

6/6 passed in my group, the other group only had 2/6 that passed.

It's crazy how some ppl have their Ls, never ride and when their Ls are almost expired, they rock up and do their Ps test... and fail.

benxxx
29-04-09, 12:08 PM
There was a girl in my group on a 250cc Yamaha Virago and she passed no worries on it, the guy musn't have been a very good rider.

It's down to the rider, a bike can help but a decent rider could pass on any lams bike given enough time to learn on it

and yeah a few people came to my test right on the 6 month limit (and failed), I was there on the first day I could, I got my P's right on the 3 months and passed no worries as I was riding nearly everyday

CONAN
29-04-09, 12:28 PM
I guess you could go for a GSX650F

At my P's test I remember having a chick in the same group as I using this bike. She was sweet all day and was probably undoubtely the best rider of the bunch - until the swerve test - she nicked the damn tennis ball!

Felt sorry for her after that.

pr1nce
30-04-09, 04:02 PM
I got my Ls in Jan, didn't buy a bike till a month ago, rode every day for a month and I got my Ps just a bit after 3 months!

and guys it looks like the P2 for bikes is going ahead, got a letter in the mail from the RTA today stating the facts,

If you don't have your P1 licence by June 1 2009 you will have P2s unless you're over 25.

haikii
30-04-09, 04:53 PM
FFFFFffffff.... june 1st? thought it was 30th june :( ffffffffff

SfS
30-04-09, 05:32 PM
Any bike in good working order should be easy to do it on, problem is older bikes that have been dropped and not fixed correctly can have bars that hit the tank on full lock etc etc which makes it very difficult. I did it on my NSR no worries, dirt bikes are the easiest by far.

Tis what mine does on full lock have to raise my wrist a hell of a lot more, and due to that feeling so unorthadox to me I was all grrrr.

Fingers crossed this time though as it will be the last chance before laws go ahead :shock:

pr1nce
30-04-09, 09:48 PM
FFFFFffffff.... june 1st? thought it was 30th june :( ffffffffff

yep June 1

are you eligible to go for your Ps?

Book now!!

c0LL1n
01-05-09, 12:42 AM
damn, i just got the letter today when i got home from uni. lucky i booked already, but i need to practice more. i can get the u-turn sometimes, but im really struggling with the cone weave. :S
i use the rear brakes to help go around, but i either go too slow or run to wide for the next cone.. :(
hope i can pass, otherwise i wont have enough time to re-book.

HuH
01-05-09, 01:22 AM
Got my letter today as well. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with the bike I'm using and the course I'm doing before hand for practice. But likewise I hope I do pass, because rebooking will be impossible now that it's official.

pr1nce
01-05-09, 10:49 AM
book for up the coast, Tuggerah etc etc,

when my mates wanted to get our Ls, it was booked out in syd for two months!

we booked up at Tuggerah, only had to wait 2 weeks

haikii
01-05-09, 10:57 AM
yeah ive been book in for about 3 weeks for the 24th of May. Its just pressure is all LOL i cant handle ittt FFFFFFFFF hahAHAHa nah i should be ok. i should try and fit in a ride more often though. problem is i only have time during at night i wont have experience with traffic i worry it'll make me pick up bad habits and lose points in the exam.

SfS
01-05-09, 05:14 PM
Your going the day after me lol.

haikii
01-05-09, 08:24 PM
damn it jared. why didnt you book on the 24th >: | i go at clyde anyways its just around the corner from me hahaha. im guessin you go to the riff centre

SfS
01-05-09, 11:35 PM
Yer Regatta centre, going to be absolutely spewwing if i dont get it this time:evil:

kev.inc
02-05-09, 12:06 AM
My way of doing the u-turn on a sports bike was to approach it at speed, clutch in, throttle off and let the momentum carry you through the u-turn. You just need the confidence.

Also don't put your foot down if you think you can't make the u-turn, just keep going even if you run wide. Better to lose one point for going wide than 2 for going wide and putting your foot down.

Other than that, it's all smooth sailing. Good luck.:P

SfS
02-05-09, 08:33 AM
The guy wouldn't tell me how many points you lose for doing what I was told you lose alot more points for goin wide then putting your foot down!

pr1nce
02-05-09, 11:02 AM
Whoever's doing it at Clyde, there's an old grumpy dude by the name of Les...

I had him a couple weeks ago for my Ps, such a cvnt...

haikii
02-05-09, 11:12 AM
I heard theres a dude that just ramble on with his stories.. don't want him hahahaha
Is that him?

pr1nce
02-05-09, 04:40 PM
No he's the guy who is a cvnt, hahaha.

He's really, really strict.

c0LL1n
02-05-09, 05:03 PM
ohh shiett. i booked mine at clyde too, on the 22nd. better start practising more then!
but ive been told by friends who have just recently done their MOST test, that there are some very nice instructors there who will be less strict. hope i get one of them :D

tommykairaR
02-05-09, 06:14 PM
I heard theres a dude that just ramble on with his stories.. don't want him hahahaha
Is that him?
If you're referring to Clyde Rider Training Centre then it's probably Andrew . . . and he is a bit of a character.

Taleb Tyres
02-05-09, 08:59 PM
I had my test with Aaron at clyde just over a month ago. Top bloke. 10/10 passes too dont know if it was coincidence hehe.(6 tests and 4 came back for retests).

Oh and for the u turn, u lose 1 point if u put your foot down once. But you lose 5 points if you go over the line. (only get 8 points for the whole course, shouldnt need them though anyways)
SO DEFINATELY put your foot down instead of running wide!

CONAN
06-05-09, 01:41 PM
Oh and for the u turn, u lose 1 point if u put your foot down once. But you lose 5 points if you go over the line.
SO DEFINATELY put your foot down instead of running wide!

Interesting i didn't know that you lose 5 points for going to wide.. Thanks mate gotta let the missus know to down the foot in her upcoming test ..

patawan
06-05-09, 02:10 PM
Going for my P's next Saturday hopefulli i'll pass. Anyone done the MOST on a ninja 250r is it hard to do the cone weaves and uturn??
Doin mine at rouse hill so hopefulli they not to strict

Roadster
06-05-09, 02:41 PM
Going to homebush to practice the MOST test tonight if anyone wants to join.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/gozbil/map-1.jpg
be there at ~7pm, look out for a red honda cbr600f4i with jdmst sticker on both sides of the ducktail.

danielb
06-05-09, 02:52 PM
Practicing for a P's test on your CBR600 eh steve, dont tell me you lost your licence again :lol:

Roadster
06-05-09, 03:46 PM
Practicing for a P's test on your CBR600 eh steve, dont tell me you lost your licence again :lol:

need to practice executing tight u-turns....

remember back to the harts advanced course? the instructor on the vtr1000 was doing some crazy tight as u-turns! haah

black200
07-05-09, 10:29 AM
thanks for last night steve ;) He's a great instructor everyone!

haha

Roadster
07-05-09, 10:37 AM
My pleasure!

now tell the world how slow my heavy bike is. :D

CONAN
07-05-09, 11:26 AM
Going to homebush to practice the MOST test tonight if anyone wants to join.

need to practice executing tight u-turns....

Too much time on your hands steve! lol

Roadster
10-05-09, 10:38 AM
Too much time on your hands steve! lol

prefer this to beach fishing... :)

black200
11-05-09, 09:55 AM
practice paid off. got my p's yesterday! 3 months and 2 days after getting my L's

awesome

black200
11-05-09, 09:56 AM
My pleasure!

now tell the world how slow my heavy bike is. :D

scary bike is fucking scary.

danielb
11-05-09, 11:15 AM
Congrats.

patawan
12-05-09, 02:57 PM
Is there a test from P1 to P2??

CONAN
13-05-09, 03:03 PM
Is there a test from P1 to P2??

Sure is mate. Here is a video of a guy demonstrating it for you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FMvlKyLx6M

patawan
13-05-09, 03:44 PM
Sure is mate. Here is a video of a guy demonstrating it for you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FMvlKyLx6M

Lol I think i'll pass with flying colours then haha

CONAN
13-05-09, 04:58 PM
Lol I think i'll pass with flying colours then haha

hahaha I'd seriously like to see it done on a cibby 250!

c0LL1n
13-05-09, 11:49 PM
lols.. i happen to be friends with the guy that rides the cibby in the video.
offered to show me how to pop one on my CBR250. haha i declined and told him i learn a lil later

CONAN
14-05-09, 03:28 PM
lols.. i happen to be friends with the guy that rides the cibby in the video.
offered to show me how to pop one on my CBR250. haha i declined and told him i learn a lil later

Was the bike modded for more power?

pr1nce
14-05-09, 03:58 PM
wouldn't it be just different front and rear sprockets?

benxxx
14-05-09, 04:17 PM
I've seen CBR250s do wheelies with standard gearing. it's definatly possible

pr1nce
14-05-09, 04:31 PM
need to practice on my VTR250

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBcx_k2THk

Roadster
14-05-09, 04:40 PM
need to practice on my VTR250

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBcx_k2THk

This VTR was changed sprocket.(F:13T R:47T)

patawan
18-05-09, 11:55 AM
Passed my P's on Saturday. Did it on a ninja 250r the u-turn was a bit of a mission but got through it.

SfS
18-05-09, 01:57 PM
I wanna get up on one wheel on the gt250r lol but yer going for my Ps on sat on a 250 ninja if i dont pass this time ima cry lol

patawan
18-05-09, 02:46 PM
All i can suggest on the u-turn is counter balance. You should pass no worries I reckon. good luck

SfS
18-05-09, 03:39 PM
Yer its alot easier to say then do, but i'm going to practise a fair bit more thats my only problem and the cone weave, but not as much...

haikii
18-05-09, 04:57 PM
Yeah imma head down to bennelong rd sometime this week got the exam on sunday. Im quite confident with the cone weave and okish with the u-turn. I can do these consistently at the olympic park practice area although who knjows, nerves might get the better of me on the day.

i awlays go at night so i never get the chance to practice the highspeed weave.

SfS
18-05-09, 05:12 PM
anyone wanna head down to olympic park wed night? Just to practise cause it'd be a good chance to before I do it lol.

Roadster
18-05-09, 05:16 PM
anyone wanna head down to olympic park wed night? Just to practise cause it'd be a good chance to before I do it lol.

I might be there again sometime this week with cooling

patawan
18-05-09, 05:53 PM
Yer its alot easier to say then do, but i'm going to practise a fair bit more thats my only problem and the cone weave, but not as much...

If you need to just put your foot down rather than running wide. At least with foot down you only loose 1 point. There was this guy in my group hit a cone in the weave +put his foot down and put his foot down in the u-turn and passed.

SfS
18-05-09, 06:25 PM
I might be there again sometime this week with cooling

If you are let me know, any night other the tomorrow night should be ok :D

And yer I failed the first time put my foot down in the conve weave a couple times apparently, must of hit the line in the L shaped turn and over the line + foot in the U turn :(

patawan
18-05-09, 06:29 PM
If you are let me know, any night other the tomorrow night should be ok :D

And yer I failed the first time put my foot down in the conve weave a couple times apparently, must of hit the line in the L shaped turn and over the line + foot in the U turn :(

When i did mine i could see the instructor writing down the points on his score sheet lol.
I guess if u made it to the swerve test and didnt fail that you passed because he told us if we already accumulated enough points he would just stop the test at that point.

SfS
18-05-09, 06:56 PM
I absolutely owned the swerve test when we practised it I was doing it like 30-35kmh it was a breeze lol.

patawan
18-05-09, 10:57 PM
Yea its actually easier on the test because the ball is further away from the cone.
The instructor gave us a hint though he was like you guys should practice goin to the left if u kno wat i mean lol.
They said they purposely make the practice harder so when u do the actual test it'll be a breeze.

HuH
21-05-09, 07:30 PM
Passed my Ps test today with a perfect score. :) Very happy to have made it through before June 1st. The instructor was a great guy, very helpful. We had some complete dropkicks in our group though. Made me scared to think they're still able to leave the test and keep riding on the road on their Ls!

SfS
22-05-09, 05:25 PM
Yay for doing my Ps test in the absolute freakin rain:evil:

black200
22-05-09, 07:23 PM
Passed my Ps test today with a perfect score. :) Very happy to have made it through before June 1st. The instructor was a great guy, very helpful. We had some complete dropkicks in our group though. Made me scared to think they're still able to leave the test and keep riding on the road on their Ls!

where'd you do the test?

c0LL1n
22-05-09, 07:52 PM
congrats on passing mate!! :D

I just passed mine too today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , had a really nice instructor 'Terry' was his name. Pretty much hinted to us to headcheck, wat speed he expected in the swerve/brake test and which way to go....

Today was like one of the worst days to go, pretty much raining non-stop all day. :evil: It got even worse when we had to do the actual test, there was a big pool of water just before the braking/swerve area. Everyone was really cautious going through.

haikii
23-05-09, 02:05 AM
Yay for doing my Ps test in the absolute freakin rain:evil:

:( lets hope it dries up this weekend i dont have wet weather gear, i have a waterproof vissy jacket i can probably throw over my leathers but nothing to cover my pantelones..

SfS
23-05-09, 08:49 AM
Likewise, I MAY have to go buy some today :(

haikii
23-05-09, 11:19 AM
goodluck matey, let us all know how you go!..

tai9a
23-05-09, 11:45 AM
just a little hi jack. got xena bike lock for sale if anyone wants one for their toys.

all you lucky bastard who got P's now. i will miss riding. =/

haikii
23-05-09, 12:02 PM
Dw brother, i possibly might be like you soonish :( considering selling the vtr to fund some stuff for school.

SfS
23-05-09, 05:57 PM
WOOOOO finally passed freakin wooo! No points accumelated! Can't say the same for the guy on the rvf400 that failed on the cone weave by going insanely wide twice :(

haikii
23-05-09, 06:22 PM
Congrats dude!!!! did you get rained on? woooo time to paarrrtay on downn baby

HuH
24-05-09, 02:01 AM
where'd you do the test?

Did the test at Rouse Hill/Annangrove. The instructor's name was Troy.

SfS
24-05-09, 09:50 AM
Naa fortunately didn't get rained on don't think you will today hopefully! Man i'm freaking cheering wooo, only a year till I can hope on dad's beast!

Goodluck today though man!

haikii
24-05-09, 04:22 PM
Passed with 0 points woo.

abit scary after the guy before me stacked it on his bike at the high speed swerve... He grabbed the front brakes and slid out :( scared the shit out of me. VERY ugly sounds.

Off the RTA tomorow!

Had a very good instructor, Terry at clyde.

SfS
24-05-09, 04:46 PM
Woooo kudos to you! How good does it feel though!

haikii
24-05-09, 04:50 PM
Yeah man! a HUGE sigh of relief. Even though i did everything confidently in practice just the guy sliding really put me off, the sounds were echoing in my mind man. LoL all the other boys in the group were watching me they were like man we can see you;'re shitting bricks hahahaha.

but yes! RTA tomorrow get my P's and im all set :D

Someone rocked up in a Kawasaki W650 pretty sexy, and this cute chick had a little GN250 Suzuki it was heaps funny cause its a relatively small bike.. and she couldnt even walk it cause she was abit too short hahahaha.

Im considering doing advance courses when money allows though! today was really good. Drilled in buffer zones alot we knew that in the L's but it never stuck with me.

doofus
24-05-09, 05:05 PM
guys, if your 25 now, or later and you get your Ls, your exempted from the increased P?

tommykairaR
24-05-09, 05:55 PM
I did the MOST on Saturday and passed as well with no points accumulated.

Also had Terry at Clyde as an instructor.

c0LL1n
25-05-09, 12:42 AM
Lols looks like a couple here had Terry to as the instructor... :D
Really good bloke, when i did the test on fri, pretty much everyone passed expect one woman.

She was riding a scooter and had never ridden in the rain before, so when it came to the emergency braking... she panicked and locked up front and rears and went sliding all the way past the markers...

Ohh yeh congrats to those that passed! haha no 3 years on p's! :D :D

haikii
25-05-09, 06:09 PM
Anyone else get their license done? got mine today at parra, bitch forgot to give me p plates and i forgot to ask.. this little kid in the rta was just screaming and screaming god's sake man control your child.

anyways the card says R P1, i dont like that hahaha cause there cant be a 1 without a 2. :S anyone elses say P1?

Sicarius123
25-05-09, 06:26 PM
Don't they just keep a pile of P's at the RTA to grab anyway?

danielb
25-05-09, 06:46 PM
I think i had terry when i passed my P's over a year ago, he's awesome :lol:

Only a year to go now guys before you can ride the big bikes :p

SfS
25-05-09, 07:24 PM
Mmmmm *dreams* LOL.

haikii
25-05-09, 07:43 PM
Hey Sfs does your P's say P1?

tommykairaR
25-05-09, 07:56 PM
Mine says R P1 as well. . . not sure why though because it's not June yet

black200
25-05-09, 08:08 PM
same here

SfS
25-05-09, 08:30 PM
I havn't had time to go down to the RTA yet unfortunately, but will let you know when I do!

haikii
25-05-09, 08:52 PM
Ah ok, so its not just me... man if i got sucked into that new laws ima set this place on FIRE!!!

HuH
02-06-09, 12:18 AM
Cannot believe what happened to me today. I passed the pre-provisional test on May 21, right? Plenty of time. But I got super busy and had my pay delayed from work for some reason, so I couldn't get to the RTA, or afford my new licence until today (June 1st). I went in, asked the dude at the counter whether I was going to be stuck on the new system, and he said no. Phew - or so I thought. Turns out that homo was wrong, and I'm now on LAM restrictions for three fucking years.

pr1nce
02-06-09, 12:25 AM
wow that sucks

WOW

the rules did clearly state that if you did not hold your P1 by June 1 then you would be entering the P1/P2 scheme...

you snoozed

and losed

patawan
02-06-09, 12:11 PM
That's what credit cards are for lol..
Man that must suck.. who told you that the guy was wrong? I can't believe the guy told you no, man don't they train their staff there or something

Sicarius123
02-06-09, 12:17 PM
Fuck I lost my licence for a bit on my P's, thought my P's were meant to be extended. When I went in to renew they gave me my full licence, asked the guy and he said it must be my lucky day.

Drove with my girlfriend on her L's before I worked out that it was a full licence with conditions "P plates until xxx date".

Lucky nothing went wrong, typical don't give a shit public servants.

CONAN
02-06-09, 12:40 PM
Cannot believe what happened to me today. I passed the pre-provisional test on May 21, right? Plenty of time. But I got super busy and had my pay delayed from work for some reason, so I couldn't get to the RTA, or afford my new licence until today (June 1st). I went in, asked the dude at the counter whether I was going to be stuck on the new system, and he said no. Phew - or so I thought. Turns out that homo was wrong, and I'm now on LAM restrictions for three fucking years.

*hits head against the wall icon* x100000

Buddah
02-06-09, 01:32 PM

Aww. Thats so gay.

Sicarius123
02-06-09, 01:35 PM
Do what I tell everyone I know in NSW to do, change your licence to ACT so you don't have to go through the retarded NSW system :p

Been telling my girlfriend to do that ever since she was on her L's, she feels some kind of stupid loyaly to NSW and wants a NSW licence, even though she can't drive as fast on one, can't drive a turbo vehicle on one (ie, my car), and has to spend a shitload more money going through the process of getting her licence.

I think I've finally convinced her now as she's coming up to her full licence and apparently you have to do a test for that in NSW at extra cost?

CONAN
02-06-09, 05:57 PM
Do what I tell everyone I know in NSW to do, change your licence to ACT so you don't have to go through the retarded NSW system :p

How can one get an ACT licence if he/she does not live in that state?

Sicarius123
02-06-09, 06:08 PM
have a friend or relative who does live in that state?

CONAN
08-07-09, 01:55 PM
NOOB

Learner motorcyclist caught more than 70km over speed limit — Bankstown
Wednesday, 08 Jul 2009 11:27am

A 16-year-old learner motorcyclist, who had held his permit for only two months, has had his licence suspended after being caught speeding in the same location as a Porsche driver last week.
nAbout 9.15am yesterday Bankstown Highway Patrol were conducting speed checks within a 40km/h school zone on Turvey Street at Bankstown when they allegedly saw a motorcycle travelling east-bound at high speed.
nPolice will allege that a speed check of the motorcycle revealed it was travelling at 114km/h in the 40km/h school zone.

Police stopped the 16-year-old Blacktown rider of the Honda 250cc and spoke to him. His learner licence was suspended on the spot and he was also issued with a court attendance notice for the offence of ride at a speed dangerous to the public. He will appear at Bankstown Local Court on Thursday 30 July.

Acting Traffic Services Commander Dave Evans said, “This type of behaviour on our roads will not be tolerated. People who drive at these kinds of speeds, will be caught and dealt with under the full force of the law.

“It is shocking that twice in the past week Bankstown police have caught a P-plater and a learner allegedly driving at extreme speeds in a school zone, when police are clearly out on the road targeting this very type of behaviour.

“ These drivers are inexperienced and the consequences of their behaviour could be catastrophic if they were to lose control of their car or bike with other innocent people nearby’ said Acting Commander Evans.

BLISTC
08-07-09, 02:05 PM
hrmmm...

i sold my bike to a 16 yr old from greenacre 2 nights ago... he only had his permit for a few months......

wonder if it is the same guy

soo33y
13-08-09, 05:13 PM
Geez I'm glad I pushed through with my bike licence 3 years ago. Unfortunately I don't have one at the moment. Last one got written off by a cager that ran into the back of me!

fun33r
13-08-09, 05:31 PM
have a friend or relative who does live in that state?

Go on????.....

haikii
13-08-09, 07:27 PM
heres a weird thing this might be annoying later on. My mate just upgraded to his fulls but with plenty of hassle and time. He went to RTA and they tried to make him go on green p's even though he had his P's sometime last year WAY before the laws were introduced. and they tried to make him go on green p's. ugh i can see this getting troublesome when i get around to it

SfS
13-08-09, 07:36 PM
Seems the RTA wants a fight :twisted: if it continues until when I get my fulls they'll get a fight!

haikii
13-08-09, 07:48 PM
shove your new turbo in their face

SfS
13-08-09, 08:13 PM
"Hey mr EPA dude can you erhm check my *cough*antilag*cough* exhaust it seems to have condensation dripping out the back :rolleyes: "

haikii
23-12-09, 05:07 PM
So bump up, its been a while, anybody went to upgrade to their fulls since the new laws came in and come across any issues? Post up what you came across.

23-12-09, 06:53 PM
just wondering if any new laws came in recently. One of my mates who was on his L's did his P's test, passed that and somehow managed to go on straight to his fulls??

How is that even possible!? Is there some new loophole or law passed that I missed out on??

SfS
23-12-09, 07:16 PM
Was he over 25?

24-12-09, 01:46 AM
^^ yeap...

pr1nce
24-12-09, 01:50 AM
if you're over 25 and hold a full licence you get your full motorcycle licence after your P's test

SfS
24-12-09, 07:44 AM
Yeh wish I was 25 :(

patawan
24-12-09, 10:14 AM
I thought in NSW if ur over 25 and have full license u only have to do red P's for 1 yr and then get ur full license. How did he get his fulls straight after he did his P's test?

Roadster
24-12-09, 12:32 PM
Y::.;587254']just wondering if any new laws came in recently. One of my mates who was on his L's did his P's test, passed that and somehow managed to go on straight to his fulls??

How is that even possible!? Is there some new loophole or law passed that I missed out on??

perry got the same deal. perry is over 30. lol

doofus
24-12-09, 01:15 PM
if you're over 25 and hold a full licence you get your full motorcycle licence after your P's test

wait.. so just Ps test? no 1 year on Ps?

YES!!!

lol

24-12-09, 02:28 PM
I thought in NSW if ur over 25 and have full license u only have to do red P's for 1 yr and then get ur full license. How did he get his fulls straight after he did his P's test?

Thats what I thought as well. People over 25 only have to hold their P's for one year as oppose to the 2 years or whatever the extended period is.

Roadster- yeap, the mate I was reffering to is Perry. I thought even if your over 30 you will still need to sit on your P's for one year?

Roadster
24-12-09, 04:08 PM
Y::.;587914']Thats what I thought as well. People over 25 only have to hold their P's for one year as oppose to the 2 years or whatever the extended period is.

Roadster- yeap, the mate I was reffering to is Perry. I thought even if your over 30 you will still need to sit on your P's for one year?

must be a glitch in the system... why, you jealous? LOL

wait.. so just Ps test? no 1 year on Ps?

YES!!!

lol

one years old red p's and p's test. so stop polishing that bike and start riding!

24-12-09, 10:56 PM
must be a glitch in the system... why, you jealous? LOL

one years old red p's and p's test. so stop polishing that bike and start riding!

Nope. Just wondering if there was some sort of loophole that could be exploited.

Roadster
26-12-09, 10:49 AM
Y::.;588277']Nope. Just wondering if there was some sort of loophole that could be exploited.

not to my knowledge. just wait it out.... its not that bad on a lams bike. if your really feeling the itch to go faster on a faster and bigger bike. suit up and head to the track, you can hire gsxr600 for 399, gear is 65 bucks and a track day is like 229. oh, plus a $2,000 bond.

this way, its legal and you'll be hitting 200kph in no time.

jdm_kid
28-12-09, 11:59 PM
not to my knowledge. just wait it out.... its not that bad on a lams bike. if your really feeling the itch to go faster on a faster and bigger bike. suit up and head to the track, you can hire gsxr600 for 399, gear is 65 bucks and a track day is like 229. oh, plus a $2,000 bond.

this way, its legal and you'll be hitting 200kph in no time.

dont you need a full license to hit the track ?

Roadster
29-12-09, 01:14 AM
dont you need a full license to hit the track ?

nope. I tracked whilst suspended on my provisional licence. lol

jdm_kid
28-01-10, 03:56 PM
to hire their bikes on the day for the P's test, how do i go about doing this? Ringing up the riding centre before hand or just ask them on the day?

benxxx
28-01-10, 04:15 PM
It wouldn't hurt to ring ahead, better then being left without a bike...

Roadster
28-01-10, 04:22 PM
It wouldn't hurt to ring ahead, better then being left without a bike...

better ring ahead, or else you'll be stuck with the remaining half broken bike. lol

haikii
28-01-10, 05:17 PM
I think you do this upon booking... cuase i remember the fellows doing it in my course the instructors were doing rollcall and knew who was hiring and who wasnt.

but yeah ring up

SfS
13-06-10, 10:18 AM
Got my full license last week, bastards weren't hapy about giving it to me but I couldn't care less I got it!

Lexus
13-06-10, 12:38 PM
Got my full license last week, bastards weren't hapy about giving it to me but I couldn't care less I got it!

wheeelies ay?

SfS
13-06-10, 01:27 PM
Not quite yet haha.