PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to earn some coin? - ERROR AFFECTED

Gorilla
02-02-07, 08:45 AM
Same ol IT here. Server and old desktop support.

van
02-02-07, 09:00 AM
Marking this thread ERROR EFFECTED. There's a problem with the server clock at the moment, which is causing some posts to end up in the wrong spots in each thread (i.e. posts made at 11:00am (for example) are winding up in the wrong spot, saying they were posted at 8:00am (for example)). Justin is looking into it.

This post made at 12:00pm.

Sp33dY
02-02-07, 10:00 AM
Was in call centers doing telco/helldesk for nearlly 5 years and hated it .... was at Primus for over 4y, then more or less got sacked at aapt after 6 months (for foruming and emailing whilst helping customers simultaneously ... ironic eh? Im able to multitask ...) . Anyway, now i sell pump spare parts to various stores and commercial mining companies, etc to all states apart from WA .... worldwide organisation is www.flowserve.com . Have been here nearlly 18 months. Still have no idea where im heading, or where i'll be in the future.

Tazz
02-02-07, 10:47 AM
As per the title just wondering what everyone does in order to provide them with monetary funds and to pass time?

I'm currently working in mobile customer svc and have been here for around 2 years and it's been pretty average for a while, no real challenge and I can see myself getting dumber by the day so I'm thinking about making a move elsewhere. Sure enough it's alright money and I get to sit on the net and watch youtube vids all day when not taking calls but yeah it's getting kinda old...

van
02-02-07, 11:12 AM
Haha, sounds like a ripper of a job to me.

I think we've had this thread before, but I sure can't be arsed searching for it and VTECHMACHINE probably turned it into spam anyway (relax VTEC, I kid!) ;)

I'm a freelance graphic designer and illustrator. I work from home, which is a blessing and a curse at the same time. Yeah, I get to have my music up and work in boxers and sip on a beer if I want, but it's also a real challenge to stay focused and driven during the day, and not just slack off and sit on JDMST all day! That said, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm making a reasonable amount of cash and my client base is growing slowly but surely, so it's good.

...Well okay, I'd trade it for a good paying design job ;) But I don't have a degree so it can be tough to score such a job! I don't mind though, I do well enough that I don't think about it too often heh.

shonen
02-02-07, 11:12 AM
I deliver "goods" for an anonymous "employer"

:P

Trolls Royce
02-02-07, 06:33 PM
I work night shift in a call centre. Generally it involves doing not very much at all, but it pays me quite well.

RaYmO
02-02-07, 10:08 PM
Im a product manager at a distributor for IT Security products.

Wont name the products I actually look after - but my products have loyal installation bases in the fortune 500.

Kind of hard to describe what I do (actually it isnt that hard, Im just too damn lazy right now)

Pays decent, but not enough to support an extra car with a GF, MX5 & mortgage already on my shoulders.

Edit: Sydney Mortgages FTMFL!

felixR
02-02-07, 10:24 PM
I'm doing Business Applications Support @ Ernst & Young. I hate the phones.

If anyone in the finance industry wants to work there, I will be more than happy to check what's available and send the job descriptions to you (PM me your email)

:) We can have a JDMST work lunch :P

FRpilot
02-02-07, 10:34 PM
affected is the correct verb for what u used up there not effected

van
03-02-07, 12:27 AM
Thanks. Fixed :)

Didn't realise you were on here as well as the JZX100 forums, haha. Cool!

lovesil
03-02-07, 07:30 AM
System Operator.....a.k.a System Security Guard ..... LOLz......