PDA

View Full Version : My pride :(

SfS
08-04-09, 08:01 PM
Came of my bike this arvo leaving work how bloody convinient :(

Leaving work sped up a lil bit leaving the carpark, as soon as I got to the painted part of the driveway there must of been a wet patch or something the back slide out from me and slid a good 20m on my hands and knees aswell as my bike, stopping metres before parra road.

Damage = Broken mirror, blinker scratched fairing, scratched and dented fuel tank, scratched headlight surround (seperate part from side fairing), Scratched tail and snapped the gear lever so I couldn't ride it home :evil:

Physical damage = Pride, Dignity, Self-Confidence aswell as cuts and grazes.

Sliding after the bike though all I could do was look at it and think SH*T my bikes gunna get damaged :evil:

*sighs* and this is after 2.5 hours working overtime at work.

What a fantastic day

Serial Killa
08-04-09, 08:07 PM
Ouch dude that really blows :(

I crashed my car on the driveway of my work last year

SfS
08-04-09, 08:12 PM
Yer all the service advisors ran out asking if I was ok, I just told them to pick the damn bike up, would of preferd to land under the bike then be behind it watching it slide.... :(

OVTEC
08-04-09, 08:15 PM
damn man, that sucks to hear i hope you're alright though

Harves
08-04-09, 08:15 PM
As long as you are ok dude! Bike can be fixed!

SfS
08-04-09, 08:19 PM
Nooooooo bike costs money broken bones heal for free :( lol

EM16A
08-04-09, 08:23 PM
lol didn't you want a respray? hehehe here is your chance!

But yeah, back on topic, badluck mate, were you wearing all proper gear?

SfS
08-04-09, 08:26 PM
Naa that was JOK3R that wanted the respray lol, I had my jacket on didnt have gloves and had my work pants, although now I have holy work pants lol im trying to find grounds to sue :neutral: lol

pr1nce
08-04-09, 09:08 PM
bad luck dude...

wtf, don't sue? it's your own fault?

how are your hands? WEAR GLOVES!!

SfS
08-04-09, 09:11 PM
Hands are fine, meh its an OHS thing there was water where there shouldn't of been the gate I usually go out of was shut due to working back stupid hours so I had to use the entrance gate, the exit is painted but the entrance is :\ .

I wouldn't sue, its nice to dream though lol.

kev.inc
08-04-09, 09:20 PM
Most people will fall off their bike in the L/P's period. Unless you are one of the lucky ones. I fell off twice during my L/P's period if it makes you feel any better. :lol:

SfS
08-04-09, 09:22 PM
Haha I knew I was going to come off, I just was wishing it wasn't infront of a biek dealership while they were puttin the bikes away lol and on a driveway well yer and with pretty much a brand spanking new bike eh?

haikii
08-04-09, 10:17 PM
You work at a bike shop?

Atleast you walked away with only grazes and cuts dude no pegs shoved into your legs or something.

BTW psh Sif you didnt gain rep y0. chicks dig bikie scars 8) haha but really don't be hard on yourself...Couldve happned to anybody.

BLISTC
08-04-09, 10:38 PM
yeh mate its ok ive come off once before

car merged into my line in my 3rd week i was on my L's merged ontop of me and i almost hit them i panicked and went into the gutter.

lowsided at about 30km/h went for a good little slide. the thing is i didnt let go of the bike, i held onto it whilst it dragged me across the floor. my upper body and head stayed off the road just my pants got scraped. i was wearing my aplinestars kevlar pants and i didnt have a scratch on me. i did get 1 massive fuckin bruise the next few days. it wrapped around my leg! it was because i had my phone in my pocket in that leg and when i went down it hit my thigh with alot of force.

lucky it is small.

for some reason that stack made me a more confident rider. go figure. i was too scared of stacking it and now that i have, i got more confidence. weird

danielb
08-04-09, 10:47 PM
Unlucky mate... please don't try and sue lol.

I fell off twice during my P's, dropped the bike on both sides :lol:

OVTEC
08-04-09, 10:49 PM
i never fell off during my L's but i did manage to drop my bike once on each side by being careless of where i left it :( the bike was never dropped prior to being sold to me :(

Knight Rider
08-04-09, 11:43 PM
Hey man hope your ok... shit like this happens wether its your fault or not. Best thing to do is learn from your mistake (i.e observing the road infront of you when riding). I hope your scars and cuts heal quick so you can get the bike fixed and hop back on with some confidence :)

SfS
09-04-09, 12:19 AM
Haikii, naa I work at Terry Shields across the road from Bikebiz, was fun all the coming over and havin a look...

Already been asked by a few people if i'd ride again, almost as if I had some type of choice ? ;) just a massive kick in the pants getting the dosh to get it fixed and of course when it comes time to sell :( .

Zilli
09-04-09, 08:14 AM
it happens mate, the best thing we can do as riders is learn from it!
:-) get back on and enjoy it!

Stalemete
09-04-09, 09:07 AM
old man always told me

as long as your not too hurt, a little stack now & then is good for you.
reminds you that no one is immune or invincible ;)

side note: you now have a good 'reason' to replace your fairing with CF ones :D

Roadster
09-04-09, 10:08 AM
There are two types of motorcyclist in this world.
Those who have fallen, and those who are waiting for their first fall.

welcome to the club! lol

main thing is that your alright!

ianmallee
09-04-09, 10:29 AM
bad luck dude.....
dont worry, i stacked it into the ex's fence after watching biker boys when on my L's, later that day rode off the bike....

live and learn....youre lucky it was a low speed slide as well

ae86slaver
09-04-09, 10:30 AM
falling is part of the fun :lol: happens to all of us!

What bike did you fall on?

tai9a
09-04-09, 01:31 PM
his hyosung GT250R. . id assume.

man that sucks to hear that u fell. at least u got up to tell the story. whatever doesnt kill you only makes you stronger as they say.

to make you feel better, i fell with my bike while stationary ! my shoelace got caught on the gear peg and that was the direction the bike started tilting. lucky i got underneath it so the bike didnt really touch the ground. phew. just a small scar on leg.

SfS
09-04-09, 03:32 PM
As much as id freaking love CF fairings i'm a mechanic hence rather poor, and picking up my soarer this arvo won't help lol hopefully ill be back better then ever!

Side note though: I had at least 20 bikes ride past while I was on the side of the road, one of em turned around.

Gecho
09-04-09, 04:24 PM
Glad ur ok mate. i took a bike for test ride and went to turn to go back.. and lose gravel + inexperience..i dropped the fkr. had to buy a brake lever lol. and i didnt even own it lol. Main thing is ur ok :)

Garth Ivers
09-04-09, 06:55 PM
There are two types of motorcyclist in this world.
Those who have fallen, and those who are waiting for their first fall.

guess i'm still waiting? :lol: riding everyday does help though.

SfS
09-04-09, 10:29 PM
I was riding the majority of days but then the bike got a bit boring to me not having anyone to ride with and not knowing anywhere to go to test its potential... 8-)

EM16A
10-04-09, 11:49 AM
Has anyone ever dropped a bike on a test ride?

For a brand new bike at a dealership?

pr1nce
10-04-09, 01:19 PM
Glad ur ok mate. i took a bike for test ride and went to turn to go back.. and lose gravel + inexperience..i dropped the fkr. had to buy a brake lever lol. and i didnt even own it lol. Main thing is ur ok :)

This guy has.

Garth Ivers
10-04-09, 01:31 PM
^ LOL

SfS
15-04-09, 08:37 PM
Fixed her up tonight, she is now rideable, just with plenty of battlescars! Took it for a spin to make sure everything was A-ok, all seemed good. Gear lever felt a bit stiff though, guessing cause its new or whatever but yer its ALIVE!

EM16A
15-04-09, 09:01 PM
Mate invest in some oggy/slider knobs!

Best $$$ you will ever spend on your bike lol

I got them off Ebay for $70 or so a pair.

pr1nce
15-04-09, 10:14 PM
fuck the fairings off and make it a Hyo Streetfighter!

you coming along to the bike meet nshit?

haikii
15-04-09, 10:36 PM
I reakon with a streetfigher it'd be hard to sell off though.can't say myself but its what i reakon..

but hey itd look 10 times better hAhAH

SfS
16-04-09, 04:58 PM
Was gonna come along to the meet, the last one I showed up with no one there and had to ride home in the pouring rain :P

And i've thought about ripping the fairings off, i'll do it sometime and see what it looks like ;)

Gecho
16-04-09, 06:00 PM
Has anyone ever dropped a bike on a test ride?

For a brand new bike at a dealership?

yep lol