PDA

View Full Version : Tax return - did anyone have to pay back money?

xxploSive
06-02-07, 03:43 PM
I have to pay MORE money to the government instead of getting a return this year - anyone else in the same boat?

They just sent me a reminder notice, I cannot afford to pay it in one go :shock:

I have HECS debt as well :rolleyes:

Tazz
06-02-07, 03:47 PM
yeah i owed money this year for the first time.. wasn't too impressed considering how much they got out of me last year.

VTECMACHINE
06-02-07, 05:20 PM
I got 1700 back! :D

Power FC and other goodies!

BLISTC
06-02-07, 06:01 PM
having a house to deferr tax is good.. got back a shitload
lol

raz0r$harP
06-02-07, 09:03 PM
having a house to deferr tax is good.. got back a shitload
lol

Better off getting a reduction in your withholding payments across the year. Don't get a big payout at year end but you end up with more money throughout the year, which makes you better off.

BLISTC
06-02-07, 10:05 PM
its ok house is payed off anyway now so this year prob have to pay tax again :/

felixR
09-02-07, 07:46 PM
yeah i owed money this year for the first time.. wasn't too impressed considering how much they got out of me last year.
likewise!

wi11iam
09-02-07, 07:50 PM
i got a good tax return :) but i feel sorry for people who have to pay back

van
09-02-07, 07:53 PM
I have to pay MORE money to the government instead of getting a return this year - anyone else in the same boat?

They just sent me a reminder notice, I cannot afford to pay it in one go :shock:

I have HECS debt as well :rolleyes:

Doesn't HECS not count unless you're making X amount of money anyway?

monkeymajik
09-02-07, 10:09 PM

Yerp that's right.

I watch my return estimate go from a good XXXX to a very low XXX when the HEC's component was deducted.

Was a sad moment.

felixR
09-02-07, 10:30 PM
Yerp that's right.

I watch my return estimate go from a good XXXX to a very low XXX when the HEC's component was deducted.

Was a sad moment.
yeah i remember that.. i was thinking.. "no that can't be right! something must be wrong.."

4agte
10-02-07, 12:51 AM
cause of certain financial arrangements i have to pay tax in advance every 3 months which is an estimation by the ato suck balls

RaYmO
10-02-07, 03:37 PM
I was getting a 2k refund before I did my HECS bit... Ended up owing 3.5k.

Mother @#[email protected]#%

Im at the highest repayment category for HECS right now, I think its about 4% of my overall salary. Fukkers.

To top it off I havent even finished my degree yet LOL

bathurst-91
10-02-07, 08:43 PM
tax sux :(

xxploSive
10-02-07, 10:40 PM

Yep, but they've taken X amount out for HECS and then I've had to pay extra back on top of that :shock: