PDA

View Full Version : Are you being paid enough?

xxploSive
09-02-07, 07:33 PM
http://www.hays.com.au/salary/pdfs06/InformationTechnology.pdf
more pay = faster car

other industries:
http://www.hays.com.au/salary/

Waggy
09-02-07, 08:34 PM
I'm at the top of my bracket. Not bad.

I need a new job though LOL.

sub11z
10-02-07, 01:25 PM
Thats an awasome table.

At lest i know how much to expect...

hebe
10-02-07, 01:33 PM
Hahah obviously I'm not being paid enough :(

But I think it also comes down to the size of company...if it's a bigger one then you're generally paid more but also more prone to being fired hahaha

Waggy
10-02-07, 01:34 PM
^ Not so when you work in a Government institution. Well, in QLD anyway....

sub11z
10-02-07, 02:47 PM
Government job pay is less compare to others but will get heaps of benefit afterward.

hebe
10-02-07, 04:04 PM
^ Not so when you work in a Government institution. Well, in QLD anyway....

Yeah not talking about public servant jobs though...more so Private listed ones...

lovesil
10-02-07, 07:40 PM
Can't find a exact match for what i'm doing, but i think mine's average. Need to find better pay job too! The funny thing is, i went from a higher pay job to my current shit paid job......what have you done to me, Middleman :P

2GU UP
11-02-07, 11:38 AM
Every time I sit and talk to mates who work for big companies and stuff like that
i thank god that I'm working for myself and for the field I'm in.

felixR
11-02-07, 11:42 AM
Every time I sit and talk to mates who work for big companies and stuff like that
that's the way! :)

Waggy
11-02-07, 01:56 PM
I always wanted to be a damn photographer. Now I'm stuck doing Analyst work lol....

franks
11-02-07, 08:36 PM

pros vs cons?

i've been at the same company since graduating. began my 9th year Nov 2006 and have never looked elsewhere!

but im cancerian :)

2GU UP
11-02-07, 10:29 PM
I couldnt deal with the politics, answering to people and having a set salary etc etc.
Working for myself i have more motivation to work and get the jobs done
and to get paid the money we do i would have to be in some high executive position and be about 50 years old.

btw in a cancerian too ;)

Middle Man
12-02-07, 02:44 AM
Can't find a exact match for what i'm doing, but i think mine's average. Need to find better pay job too! The funny thing is, i went from a higher pay job to my current shit paid job......what have you done to me, Middleman :P

You're still a n00b though......wait till you're on my level :lol:

EGG80X
12-02-07, 10:52 AM
Government job pay is less compare to others but will get heaps of benefit afterward.

Leon, a RTA licenced surveyor gets paid 120k pa

xxploSive
12-02-07, 10:56 AM
don't government workers get a day off every fortnight?

RaYmO
12-02-07, 12:15 PM

RDO FTW!

sub11z
12-02-07, 01:37 PM
Leon, a RTA licenced surveyor gets paid 120k pa

shock....lol

rikstar
14-02-07, 10:33 AM
An old cliché… but money isn’t the be all and end all. You should be in a job that you enjoy doing and one that challenges you. (I sound like my old high school career advisor!) LOL!

I work for a medium size company who’s privately owned and get paid pretty well, but what keeps me here is not the money but the way they treat their staff… not just as employees but as valuable assets. However, lots of cash is great if you can get it.

Money is your FRIEND! Muhaha

hebe
14-02-07, 12:30 PM
An old cliché… but money isn’t the be all and end all. You should be in a job that you enjoy doing and one that challenges you. (I sound like my old high school career advisor!) LOL!

I work for a medium size company who’s privately owned and get paid pretty well, but what keeps me here is not the money but the way they treat their staff… not just as employees but as valuable assets. However, lots of cash is great if you can get it.

Money is your FRIEND! Muhaha

I agree...I'm still staying where I am now because of the people that I work with and also the higher level management treats everyone well :) Oh and the Telecommunications industry is small...if I leave on bad terms then I'd probably get a bad name :(

xxploSive
14-02-07, 06:16 PM
I agree...I'm still staying where I am now because of the people that I work with and also the higher level management treats everyone well :) Oh and the Telecommunications industry is small...if I leave on bad terms then I'd probably get a bad name :(

Well I say that there is no loyalty, at the end of the day it is all about the $ no matter how hard they try to hide it with positive employee 'benefits' and 'culture'.

If the accountants decided one night that the company should 'downsize' then they would let you go at the drop of a hat. So I say works both ways, if you find another place which pays better, then you should leave at a drop of a hat. Remember, your workmates ain't gonna feed your kids and pay the mortgage, they're just your workmates for the money ;)

danielb
18-02-07, 07:47 PM
YES i agree so much xxplosive. It sucks, but hey it's the truth.

Mike.V?!
18-02-07, 07:51 PM
That was a depressing PDF. My employer is getting a bargain with me @[email protected]

brasher
19-02-07, 12:52 AM

Yep, I love it :lol:

xxploSive
19-02-07, 01:59 AM
if you work it out, 26 days extra leave a year...
say you get ~$200 a day, thats an extra ~$5200 p.a to your salary

do you guys get bonuses?