PDA

View Full Version : Grand Opening of Cafe Talia

[ekkY]
15-02-07, 04:51 PM
Hi guys/gals

A good friend of mine is having a grand opening this weekend on saturday night
come along and join the fun and celebrate the opening and you can also wash your car there or get your wheels fitted and balanced :P, there also DJ CHEDZ with the choonz.

where: Cafe Talia
1/2-20 Orange Grove Road, Liverpool
(its where krispy kreme's, Harry's Pies, etc are)

Date: Saturday Night 17th February
starts: 8-11pm

Hope to see you all there :-o

VTECMACHINE
15-02-07, 04:55 PM
I'll be there!!! for sure!!!

Buddy
16-02-07, 05:44 PM
sounds interesting

GIX88
18-02-07, 09:00 PM
how was it?

Babalouie
18-02-07, 09:09 PM
I got there at about 10.30 and there were heaps of cars and the cafe was chockers, so it looks like it'll be a success :)

It seems like the joint is a bit of a car magnet anyway, there were lots of cars that were parked up at the Krispy Kreme, and then more for Harry's. But there were lots of cars there at the Cafe.

Didn't see anyone I knew, so just had a walk around and went home :D

GIX88
18-02-07, 09:13 PM
i reckon there should be a members meet up there this week sometime???

BLISTC
18-02-07, 09:44 PM
i been to the cafe there

there isnt much special food at all.. was dissapointed in the menu. they just had cakes and coffees when i went... this was like a week ago.

if they get a much better variety of food like nice sandwiches and and some nice snacks would be nice

Babalouie
18-02-07, 10:10 PM
i been to the cafe there

there isnt much special food at all.. was dissapointed in the menu. they just had cakes and coffees when i went... this was like a week ago.

if they get a much better variety of food like nice sandwiches and and some nice snacks would be nice

I reckon for food you'd walk 10m aweay to Harry's...then come back to the cafe for sit down and coffee/dessert :)

[ekkY]
18-02-07, 10:30 PM
yeah it was a great night, boss was happy about it.
well i didnt drive that night came for a bit though and stay and chat with friends and went home.

VTECMACHINE
19-02-07, 12:26 AM
whoopse.. was meant to come to this.

BLISTC
19-02-07, 04:45 PM
I reckon for food you'd walk 10m aweay to Harry's...then come back to the cafe for sit down and coffee/dessert :)

well i reakon they could make some good coin if they filled the neiche at that place, cos i for one, dont want shit fast food, if they had a nice grilled chicken sandwhich or something id rather prefrer tthat to other outlets

Babalouie
19-02-07, 05:11 PM
well i reakon they could make some good coin if they filled the neiche at that place, cos i for one, dont want shit fast food, if they had a nice grilled chicken sandwhich or something id rather prefrer tthat to other outlets

Nah, having been in the food biz myself at one point, I can see where they're coming from. They're pretty much open all hrs and it costs a fortune to keep a kitchen open for so long and unless you're willing to go at it 100% (ie have dedicated food staff not just the regular wait staff making sandwiches) the food quality suffers eventually. Keep it simple, all it takes is one bad meal and your clientele goes somewhere else :)

FD
19-02-07, 05:17 PM
Your 100% right to keep the place open for the long and having good food would suffer staff will cost a fortune and the kitchen would be an issue.

[ekkY]
19-02-07, 09:49 PM
they are gonna have food really soon

Buddy
19-02-07, 09:56 PM
what are the trading hours.. def a jdmst meet up should be penciled in for this joint

[ekkY]
20-02-07, 12:39 AM
what are the trading hours.. def a jdmst meet up should be penciled in for this joint

im usually there lates on thursday nights for coffee and sundays lunch

i think they open 7am - 7pm and thursday nights to `10pm

im not very sure but i know thursday nights are open lates

BLISTC
20-02-07, 05:45 AM
during the week its pretty dead there

the car wash there doesnt look like it has taken off yet either

i work next door so i see it on a daily basis

they have good ideas though, like while u wait change tyres / rims and get the car washed. cant say ive seen that before.

MRK24R
21-02-07, 10:26 AM
aye guys.. its a mad as cafe.. its a very good mate of mine so im there heaps but yea it would be good to have food but it has oportos and subway right near there so yea its not a good idea..anyways let me know when we go out and ill be there