PDA

View Full Version : Neighbour Just Hung himself

Marc
20-02-07, 02:01 PM
i didnt know this guy, but i just had a hysterical woman banging on the door screaming for help, she was holding her baby and said they just found the guy a couple doors up had hung himself asking me for help and said we need him cut down, they had already called an ambo i called cops as she was with me......

30 sec later ambos showed up along with cops.....

Babalouie
20-02-07, 02:04 PM
Fark man, you doing alright?

I say, take a deep breath, go for a drive, have a coffee.

Buddy
20-02-07, 02:05 PM
and a few cigs

FRpilot
20-02-07, 02:09 PM
what area?

Marc
20-02-07, 02:09 PM
yeah i dont know why, but for some reason i feel fucking shook up.........i think just having her at the door with her young kid and the whole situation, yeah cigs time for sure..........i wouldnt mind one of those funny smokes to chill out.

I just dont know what to do if i see her in the street, incase she blames me for not going to help

Cambridge Park, near penrith.

ClioF1
20-02-07, 02:13 PM
Thats tough mate, did the guy have a family?

Babalouie
20-02-07, 02:14 PM
yeah i dont know why, but for some reason i feel fucking shook up.........i think just having her at the door with her young kid and the whole situation, yeah cigs time for sure..........i wouldnt mind one of those funny smokes to chill out.

I just dont know what to do if i see her in the street, incase she blames me for not going to help

Cambridge Park, near penrith.

Relax, it's an intense situation. We can't all be heroes in the heat of the moment. Any regular guy would have reacted in the same way.

felixR
20-02-07, 02:17 PM
ohh geeez.. how scary

Jing
20-02-07, 02:19 PM
DAMnnn ................................................ :(

Marc
20-02-07, 02:20 PM
Thats tough mate, did the guy have a family?

From what ive gathered the woman who came down, must have been a family friend, she said his wife found him, and no prizes for guessing she would have lost her mind no doubt, but i dont know, but a car with someone in it showed up as she was asking me and then she ran, id say to stop them going inside.

Last ambo just left, couple of cops still there hopefully trying to help the family and anyone else that is there cope.

I feel for them id hate to be in their position, my father found a guy who hung himself in a factory unit ages ago that messed him up and he didnt know him, and i had a mate of mine at high school find his older brother had hung himself after that we all lost touch with him and once every bluemoon we would see him, but it fucked him up hard.

D CUPS
20-02-07, 02:51 PM
dammit.....that sux man. RIP to the fellow.

Off topic....my experience..
Ive been through 2 hangings, my family friend Jay Portes hanged himself at home in the pergola back in 1997 (we still dont know why he did it) RIP bro...

and my cousin Cedric Baylon in 1998 in my Aunties place (his house) in the back brick tool shed. RIP cuz, love ya man. He did it because of this exgirlfriend who didnt want him back, they were still together when he flew overseas to Europe and cameback with her telling him she slept with her fellow workmate. She broke it off and my cousing was all cut up and stuff, he couldnt let go of her.

Bad thing is, I was at home at the time he did it, i was asleep, and he left a message on our home answering machine asking me to pick him up.....if i picked him up and we went out, I wouldve made him 'dodge that bullet'.

Babalouie
20-02-07, 02:59 PM
That sux, Chesta

One of my friends committed suicide too. From the outside you wouldn't be able to tell: jolly, fat guy, $250,000 car, ate out in restaurants 7 times a week, houses in 4 different countries, absolutely loaded. He had his reasons for doing it, and to be honest, if you can't be happy with all that lot, eventually you will do it anyway, no matter how much your friends try to stop you :(

Marc
20-02-07, 03:06 PM
Just spoke to a police officer, nice old guy, i asked was there anything i could have done cause she came up asking for help, and he told me there was nothing i could have done and there was nothing that the ambo's could do either it happened earlier this morning. Yes he does have alot of family there, i might send them something.

trdboy, feel for ya man especially for having it happen twice to people who are close to you. :( sucks mate.

Justin Fox
20-02-07, 03:20 PM
Scary!!!

doofus
20-02-07, 03:58 PM
sorry to hear man, thats bad

:(

VTECMACHINE
20-02-07, 04:23 PM
Omg chester... sorry to hear that man.

and 4Gcolt... hope your alright. I'd be in a right mess after being in that situation too. Just don't know why people end their lives over some things that are so insignificent (Debts, relationships, etc)... Life is by far a greater asset than any tangible thing. I know loves a hard one... but ONE day you'll get over it, same with debts and the little hard patches you go through.

Luc
20-02-07, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hear.

You did the best you can.

Frogger
20-02-07, 07:17 PM
It's good that you can all talk about it here i guess... you did all you could've in that situation mate.

Omawari_San
20-02-07, 07:40 PM
Sad situation. From my experience (had several contacts with death due to the job) it helps alot to relax by drinking one or two beer, wash the clothes (they might smell if you stay longer in the same room) and talk about it with a good friend. Thats the best you can do.

Don't blame yourself for not helping enough. Nothing you could have done.

kula
20-02-07, 11:02 PM
worst way to go, it has the worst effect on the people you leave behind.
i knew two people who did it, and seeing family members affected so deeply, should banish the thought for most people forever.

franks
23-02-07, 11:11 AM
pretty shocking man. aweful to have such a situation thrust upon any of us - because it can really scar you!

i still get shudders from visions of the last execution in the movie/doco "executions" - absolutely horrific!