PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly encounters, anyone?

Daniel - SoAsianDVD
24-02-07, 08:00 PM
Ok this is a bit random, but has anyone had any ghostly encounters in their life?

I'll start - when I was a little shit we lived in this crummy place which was next to a supposedly 'haunted' place. The window next to my bed faced that house, and at the time I was sleeping on the same bed as my sister. In the middle of the night, I woke up and saw a dark figure standing outside my window, it grabbed me, and shook me violently and of course I screamed till I was out of breath, and closed my eyes till it eventually went away. The next morning my sister said she didn't hear a thing last night, but both my arms were badly bruised all over, very wierd no??

And a girl friend of mine, in Japan she woke up one night to see in the mirror her face horribly distorted, long jet black hair, blood coming down her forehead, bruised face and truly messed up. Later she took the mirror out of her room, and her mother told her it was the anniversary of the day her grandmother died a very painful death (not sure of the details). Ouchy.

They're not too bad I'm sure you guys have had worst maybe?? share?

Dave R
24-02-07, 08:21 PM
u know ghost busters. u should call them....

but sereasly that shit sounds fcked up!!!!!

how am i meant 2 sleep 2night now!!!! i 2 scared 2 go out 2night now !!! :P jks

D CUPS
24-02-07, 10:06 PM
Back in Philippines just after the world war 2 ended in the pacific, the Japanese invaded and then left the country in ruins my Grandpa was staying in a village somewhere out in the provinces (about 4hours out from the city). The place where he stayed was run by U.S military soldiers, still there after the war to keep the peace.

The room was small, your average size bedroom unit, the restrooms were outside shared by hundreds living in the village. In his room was another door which was locked (one of those old style skeleton key hole locks). Anyway he was told not to open that door. He was curious and all so he peeked through the key hole and saw a glowing pale white naked lady with long black hair and red eyes standing in the corner of the dark room. The room described was say your average sized walk in wardrobe, with no windows.

He immediatley told one of the U.S military guards on duty was he had seen but they didnt believe him. Anyway he went back again to his room and looked through the keyhole to be sure of what he saw.

This time when he looked through the keyhole of the door all
he saw was RED.

Years past and that village was destroyed, the U.S military left that area of the province, it was later they found out where they were staying while the places got rebuilt was a prisoner camp and many women were raped and killed by the Japs during the war.

Babalouie
24-02-07, 10:15 PM
You guys are freaking me out! Stop it :D

FRpilot
24-02-07, 10:39 PM
stories are stories, ppl can make up anything
they can be tricks of the mind, dreams, etc

pictures and videos tell a better and more real story

[ekkY]
25-02-07, 12:56 AM
:P funny ppl go and hide under the blacket and loook under the bed

the boogie man is there ehehehhe :P

this wasnt so long ago.

it was in 2004 , when my uncle past away.
it was like around 6pm when it wasdark and during winter.
me and my cousin had to drive back to the temple and on the way out just like 1min away from home,
i notice a person who walking in facing us and keep staring us while my cousin drove, and we all look @ the person and his face was all green. all our faces were like :shock: wtf?
and did a U-Turn quickly and the person was gone. *spooky* scary stuff man.

reading this tread and telling ppl about it just give me the spooks.

and im always paranoid that some1 is looking at me or some figure is gonna show up anymoment nows. as my computer room is parraell to the bathroom mirror.

ppl ask your parents if your house is haunted aswell LoL

Flawless
25-02-07, 01:14 AM
*regrets opening this thread* :(

s_vtec
25-02-07, 01:19 AM
hmmm....lol my grandma always tells me all these stories about ghost and how she sees it at night in her room, lol i'm like suree... but yeah

van
25-02-07, 09:30 AM
The human brain's a funny thing, eh!

bathurst-91
25-02-07, 09:26 PM
The mind plays tricks on you forsure.

PERFECT example. Im totally non-believing of all these stories right. But back in year9or10. I went to a party with 2 mates and after it ended we went to chill down at the park. Sitting on the swings at about 2am just talking shit.

When all of a sudden. (I still get chills thinking about this). My mate started almost yelling in fright saying.. DOOD... WHAT. THE. FUCK...... is that? complete fear in his voice. The other two of us said what? what where? He pointed..... Over there.. the white house.. next to the tree and near the window!

It was probably about 60metres. Near a fence next to a house there was a window. And moonlight/streetlight was reflecting off the glass so the area around it was kind of litup.

What did we see? ALL 3 OF US.. saw a trenchcoated, longbrim hat wearing man.. HOVERING about half a meter of the ground. All you could see was his sillouette. He was all black. Long trenchcoat and extremely longbrim hat... He was all shaded. And you could physically see him hovering (swaying up and down slightly)

..... My reaction was... you kind of get 'teary' when your that scared. LOL! Major shivers. So we were like uhhhh wtf do we do? we sat there talking for about 2min then decided we needed to get closer!

So the 3 of us all started walking towards him! 50metres, 40metres, 30metres, 25metres. At this point we stopped and thought, what the fuck are we doing? But I just needed to see it up close!!! So we kept going. 15metres... onto the road. AND then 10metres away. BOOM!

It was a palm tree, a branch and some other objects all forming this shape from a distance and the light was reflecting off it at certain angles. It looks like it was swaying cause the certain part of it was a tree. Was moving with the wind.

bahahahahha :P

Justin Fox
25-02-07, 10:25 PM
LOL Daniel for letting everyone know he used to sleep in the same bed with his sister. LOL @ Andrew's story too haha.

I had heaps of ghost stories told to me as a kid by my Mum and relos. I've gotten them to admit that many of them we're exactly real, in fact most of them were like Andrews story, generated by fear more than any real hard evidence.

We apparently had a guy in the family who could see ghosts and he's scream every now and then when he saw something nasty. He screamed in the car once. Maybe he could see ghosts, or maybe he was going senile/mad?

I've had a mate tell me that his aunt woke in the middle of the night, looked down beside her bed was a body burning on the floor and reaching out to her for help. She put out her arm to help but then thinking it was a dream and being so scared she just hid under her blankets and went to sleep, in the morning she found burn marks on her arm.

Perhaps the only really scary story was told to me by an auntie in Singapore. She came home one night to find her apartment totally pitch black, unusual as her flatmate was meant to be home. She walked into her flatmate's room and turned on the light, an arm came out from under the bed and grabbed her ankles (which scared the shit out of her!) and it was her flatmate, under the bed, screaming to turn off the light. She was sweating and shaking and she was so distraught she couldn't explain what it was that she saw that scared her so much.

Her flat mate was a great artist so my aunt took a pad and pencil and asked her to draw what she saw, she drew the street outside and leaning against a pole was the devil!!!

Jing
25-02-07, 11:26 PM
nothing too scary for me. One that was a scare and more of a shock was when i was driving on op one day. luckly on that day i was just on a very slow cruise with my gf. I rounded a right hand corner and there was this guy around 20's i would presume no t shirt on just pants it seems sitting with legs folded in the middle of the fucking road.

Luckly going the speed i was goin i was easily able to avoid him.

I didnt stop, infact i sped up.

............. suicide attempt?

happend around 1am the normal time for a drive.........

xxploSive
26-02-07, 12:37 PM
couple months ago i was in melb for work and in the hotel room when i was woken up by voices debating about a murder case (like a court room). I opened my eyes and at the foot of my bed was a 2 metre tall woman in a red sleeping gown..i just closed my eyes and told myself it was not there...and yes i was awake not dreaming

the next night i woke up and felt someone spooning me, could literally feel the presence behind me

found out later these are symptoms of sleep paralysis....or were they?? :P i dont believe in ghosts or supernatural BS so it doesn't scare me, i know its all tricks of the mind...or drugs :P

Babalouie
26-02-07, 12:48 PM
nothing too scary for me. One that was a scare and more of a shock was when i was driving on op one day. luckly on that day i was just on a very slow cruise with my gf. I rounded a right hand corner and there was this guy around 20's i would presume no t shirt on just pants it seems sitting with legs folded in the middle of the fucking road.

Luckly going the speed i was goin i was easily able to avoid him.

I didnt stop, infact i sped up.

............. suicide attempt?

happend around 1am the normal time for a drive.........

We had a similar experience. Driving along country road, and this guy jumps onto the road and starts sprinting towards the car. We think "ahh, weird country folks" and think that he'll jump out of the way, but then.....CRUMP :(

Turns out he was on drugs and was quite comprehensively whacked out of his gourd. Saw our 4x4 coming and must have thought that we were a rugby scrum or something and so tried to tackle the car.

Car 1: Bloke 0 :D

He was ok though after a few days in hospital :D

couple months ago i was in melb for work and in the hotel room when i was woken up by voices debating about a murder case (like a court room). I opened my eyes and at the foot of my bed was a 2 metre tall woman in a red sleeping gown..i just closed my eyes and told myself it was not there...and yes i was awake not dreaming

the next night i woke up and felt someone spooning me, could literally feel the presence behind me

found out later these are symptoms of sleep paralysis....or were they?? :P i dont believe in ghosts or supernatural BS so it doesn't scare me, i know its all tricks of the mind...or drugs :P

You mean sleep epnia...where you stop breathing for a while? Some ppl have this, and AFAIK some ppl stop breathing for minutes at a time while they're asleep. I guess the oxygen deprivation must fuck with your perception a bit if you were just jolted awake?