PDA

View Full Version : 4AGTE's not so 4AGTE AW11 MR2

4agte
03-03-07, 01:09 AM
just thought id post up a few pics of the car now things are progressing

it started as a 4age 88kw n/a

converted to a afm aw11 4agze with custom echaust and wolf 3d computer

made 100hp atw with a slipping s/c belt and 5psi on 8 psi it moved alot better

was going to go the tubo route had all the bits an pieces including a hks gt2535 but funds time and the thrill of a high stung n/a motor turned me to a

4age silvertop 20v

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/850/aw11mags001ml7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9374/20v002gz7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Buddy
03-03-07, 09:54 AM
hahah love it.. not sure about ur 3 spokes

4agte
03-03-07, 10:44 AM
yeah some new wheels might be on the cards im kinda fond of them tho

Jing
03-03-07, 11:19 AM
mm quite abit of choice you toyota boys have. Super charger or NA. The 20v was a great engine too from waht i know Individual throttle bodies from the factory.

Get some work equips! :p

rG`
03-03-07, 11:22 AM
Glad you stayed NA, I love the mk1's

Clean example you have there :thumbsup:

Rotary_rockeT
03-03-07, 01:19 PM
hahah love it.. not sure about ur 3 spokes

maybe not these particular wheels, but there's nothing wrong with three spokes . . . right? ;)

Kikkoman
03-03-07, 01:54 PM
Lookin good!

Hows the 20v go compared to the SC?

any pros/cons with the two?

4agte
03-03-07, 02:54 PM
thanks for the kind words yeah the 20v is a pretty nice bit of gear standard

quads 5v's per cylinder 4-2-1 extractors still there is a few things that can be improved upon to make a few more neddies

the cars not as clean as id like it to be still needs some work a respray is on the cards at a later date and there is some panel work thats needed

the 20v has alot less torque but makes more hp stock than an aw11 gze

however the 20v engine is lighter and the n/a gearbox is considerably lighter the gze gearbox is allmost the size of the engine itself!!!

id say side by side a gze would be faster in a straight line but thru the corners and braking the 20v would be better

thats the aim with this one its got no a/c no power steering ofcourse the carpet and boot linings are gone

VTECMACHINE
03-03-07, 03:08 PM
NA> TURBO! ehehehe

Nice one marty... can't wait till it's all done!

J
03-03-07, 05:26 PM
haha so jelous
thats so sweet, so is seeing the silverpop in there
what suspension is in it at the moment? or whats planned?

4agte
03-03-07, 05:43 PM
hahha hell yeah ricky!!!

the susspension is a bit of a mystery

the rear springs are cusco and are 6kgs the fronts i dont know what they are but i have a feeling may be trd its a fairly stiff ride

the shocks are unkown but are 4 way adjustables also probably trd/kyb and they are on god knows what setting as the stickers have come off and they also may be blown im hoping i can have them rebuilt but i might just get konis instead or go the whole hog with custom coilovers which is probably a better idea

also gonna get some urethane bushes, pillow top mounts, adjustable sway bars and im interested in some underbracing

Kikkoman
03-03-07, 07:01 PM
Just noticed that youve got a sunroof!

Does that leak when it rains?

Cause damn, the targa top lets a fair amount of water in!

4agte
03-03-07, 07:58 PM
hahah nope sunroof dosent leak one bit :D *touches wood* yeah the targas are renown for leaking i dont know of a targa that dosent leak i think kbox.ca might* sell them otherwise toyota but i dont think they are cheap if ya wanna price some up and your a toymods member you get trade at castle hill toyota james sloan is the man to talk to www.chtoyota.com.au

Kikkoman
03-03-07, 08:22 PM
Yeah. Checked out kbox.ca.

New seals are rather pricey!

Haha.

Not a Toymods Financial Member unfortunatley... Im a forum member though!

4agte
03-03-07, 08:37 PM
yeah u need to be a financial member but the discout is really worth the $50 you spend to join the club you also get trade at b&r brakes which are right next door pretty much amongst other things

you also get trade on all trd stuff

doing this conversion ive saved a packet with trade discount

benxxx
04-03-07, 06:39 PM
Nice car but seriously

I can't believe you ripped out a GZE for a 20volt :o

4agte
04-03-07, 07:20 PM
initally i loved the torque of the gze but latley after taking rides in some decent street cars like low 12 second cars i was really quite unimpressed with how effortlessly the speed increased infact it was rather boring.

I know that sounds like a contradiction seeing as im putting in an engine with possibly less power but when you think about it you dont have to work the car keep it in the powerband and keep as high corner speed as possible so you can keep up with the turbo cars on the straights thats whats excites me

Then think about how quickly the years of susspension to your licsense will be added on if you got caught travelling at high speeds you need to be travelling in order to really enjoy having a hig powered turbo or s/c car then it kinda seems like a waste to have all that power on the street

PyRoMaNiAc
05-03-07, 06:19 PM
Cant wait to hear this thing in action up the hill :D

awsome ride marty!

bony
05-03-07, 08:35 PM
:d 20v Love!