PDA

View Full Version : 1970 xs650 project FOR SALE

Rob86
02-09-09, 10:27 PM
Hi all,
my engine rebuild has already far exceeded my budget (a quick bore and new pistons has turned into a new, um, everything!) so I am looking to sell my other project xs.

THE BAD:
Its a non runner and far from pretty but I did get it to turn over a while back but it has since sat in the garage untouched.
it is missing the rear wheel, seat, clutch lever and guards
it is generally untidy as it had been sitting under a tarp for a year or two when I bought it.

THE GOOD
it is a pre compliance plate model so you can get away with a hell of a lot mod wise...
It is a matching number bike and the price of the older matching number xs's are getting ridiculous.
It is a complete bike minus the parts I have mentioned and has lots of potential to be a tracker/cafe/bobber/chopper or for you purist geeks a nice resto.

I am after $600 or near offer and will try to get some pics asap.
pm me if you are interested

haikii
02-09-09, 11:26 PM
jesus christ that is mighty tempting.

Rob86
02-09-09, 11:32 PM
jesus christ that is mighty tempting.

do it!

haikii
03-09-09, 12:52 AM
You're the devil himself! hahaha i sold my old bike to try and make money! I know i'll spend all my money on this if i buy it. Must, not, give in yet.

Rob86
03-09-09, 11:59 AM
buying it doesn't mean you will spend money on it straight away although you know you will haha

kaws!
03-09-09, 08:30 PM
Rob man dont tempt me. Send me some pics to koskos at live.com.au :)

Rob86
04-09-09, 01:11 PM
I'll try asap but I've been real busy at work so bare with me...

To put it into perspective people I just paid $500 for a good bottom end for my other xs! unfortunately the 70 and 75 models have different mounts otherwise this bike/engine would be my doner.

kaws!
04-09-09, 11:44 PM
Im pretty serious on it man, just need pics. My frame will probably be unregisterible being an inch off the ground and all, so this would be good to jam a hard tail onto :)

Rob86
05-09-09, 01:22 PM
Im pretty serious on it man, just need pics. My frame will probably be unregisterible being an inch off the ground and all, so this would be good to jam a hard tail onto :)

haha i'm freaking out at how low mine is so i feel your pain, keep in mind though if your engine is from a later xs you will need to make different mounts in the frame and weld up the old ones, that was the main reason i never chopped this one. my plan was to have both xs' and one rego... but its not a simple engine swap so there isn't much point.

Rob86
07-09-09, 02:11 PM
sold payment pending.