PDA

View Full Version : [Random Idea] for "which car should i choose" threads?

scud
09-09-09, 12:38 AM
I feel slightly bothered(slightly) about all the "which car should i buy" or "sti vs s14 vs gtir" type threads.

My idea is to maybe have a general thread a la "JDMST Driving Impressions Thread". Im sure some people would like to elaborate their views in a objective/subjective manner, be it their own car or rental cars. My hope is that members can use the thread a guide from owners that share common values and ideas in how motoring should be.

I was tentative to start the thread on my own, so i'm proposing it to the moderators that be to give the OK or not.

have i put this in the wrong place?

SUROK
09-09-09, 12:40 AM
here is absolutely no reason why u cannot make a thread in REVIEWS about your mx5

danielb
09-09-09, 09:01 AM
Why not just have a thread in each of the manufacturers forums for the popular cars, ie. s15, evo, wrx, etc where owners can post pros and cons, information on mods, running costs or whatever else?

Failing that i guess people could harden the fuck up and decide for themselves what suits them best... it's not that hard. You'd think if people have the ability to save $20,000++ then they'd have the capacity to be able to make a decision like this as well.

I guess it depends on if these people are buying the car for themselves or to impress others though.

tricky_dan
10-09-09, 02:19 AM
Why not just have a thread in each of the manufacturers forums for the popular cars, ie. s15, evo, wrx, etc where owners can post pros and cons, information on mods, running costs or whatever else?

Failing that i guess people could harden the fuck up and decide for themselves what suits them best... it's not that hard. You'd think if people have the ability to save $20,000++ then they'd have the capacity to be able to make a decision like this as well.

I guess it depends on if these people are buying the car for themselves or to impress others though.

yea thats true^

i personally am not a fan of dedicated threads with info on each car (how they drive, fuel consumption etc) cause i feel it would make the site more like just a boring info site, or one like autospeed..

i think it'd be great if there was a new section created about different cars (similar to general automotive discussion, appearance gallery etc) and in there could be a whole lot of threads discussing the cars? i like the idea of having constantly updated information about styling trends of each car too