PDA

View Full Version : MacBook

Flawless
01-10-09, 08:35 PM
Just want something fairly basic. Thinking about making the switch to mac but still not 100% sure that I want to dish out $2k on a laptop I don't know how to use just yet..

Please pm me or post here if you have one for sale. I'm in Melbourne

mattymc
01-10-09, 08:37 PM
DO IT! takes about an hour to get use to it, and you'll never go back to pc. however i cant help you out with one, I know a few people were selling some mac book pro's on here not to long ago

BRICKY69
01-10-09, 09:21 PM
A mate of mine was thinking of selling his, Ill ask him about it tomorrow.

NILcorp
01-10-09, 09:33 PM
DO IT! takes about an hour to get use to it, and you'll never go back to pc. however i cant help you out with one, I know a few people were selling some mac book pro's on here not to long ago

I have to agree with this! I've switched to mac about 3 years ago and things have been different ever since! Hate Windows... I am really used to the Mac OS. My first mac was the 1st gen iMac 20-inch. Looks good and works just like it looks!

Took me an hour as well, then things worked out flawlessly. It's worth the investment as I haven't done any repairs on it in 3 years. That said, I use to send my pc for repair every month!

Andy Wana
01-10-09, 09:34 PM
http://store.apple.com/au/product/FB881X/A?mco=MTEyMDAzMjM

$1249 ... do it

NILcorp
01-10-09, 09:36 PM
http://store.apple.com/au/product/FB881X/A?mco=MTEyMDAzMjM

$1249 ... do it

+1

HKS200
02-10-09, 12:16 AM
mac book pro with education discount or shop around :D for authorised dealers (some ebay places are really cheap too)

Flawless
02-10-09, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. The last time I used a mac was at the RMIT (Uni) library about 2 years ago, played around with it for about 10 minutes and thought it was shit so I haven't used one since lol

Thanks for the link andy!

chuingbeans
02-10-09, 01:28 PM
There's a laptop place in the city on Elizebeth St near the JB. They usually have a few very basic Macbooks for ~$400-$500.

Arkhaeon
02-10-09, 02:34 PM
are they macbooks, or ibooks?

get an intel one, as you can then install windows on it if you hate macOS :D

I just pulled apart a core2duo 2ghz macbook to make my carPC out of >.<

Flawless
02-10-09, 06:23 PM
Oh yeah I know that place. Cheers Rich, I'll drop past on the weekend to see what they've got to offer

Whats the difference between a macbook & ibook?

Anyway, I dropped by an apple store today and they got me a price of $1499 for a 13" macbook with 3 years warranty. Good deal?

mattymc
02-10-09, 07:48 PM
Really shop around for the student discount. my sister just got the new macbook pro 15" and got a great deal on it, with a microsoft word,powerpoint etc package, apple care, free mouse that comes with word and some other shit. we found out that some mac resellers wont really give you a student discount at all.

chuingbeans
02-10-09, 08:02 PM
are they macbooks, or ibooks?

get an intel one, as you can then install windows on it if you hate macOS :D

I just pulled apart a core2duo 2ghz macbook to make my carPC out of >.<

Whoops my bad, they are iBooks, G3s I believe.

Flawless
03-10-09, 02:07 PM
Where did your sister get her macbook mattymc?

Went to a few JB's & DS today and nobody could even come close to to the deal I got with apple.. and that was with the student discount btw

mattymc
09-10-09, 06:05 PM
Mac One in newcastle nsw

dopey
09-10-09, 06:10 PM
I made the switch to MacBook for my laptop a few years ago and haven't looked back. For what I use my Laptop for it's absolutely perfect and it's given me 0 headaches.

I still run a Windows desktop PC though so have the best of both worlds. Mac's can run Windows too if you're really that fussed but for the most part the Mac OS does just about everything Windows can do. It takes a little bit of getting used to Mac's layout but once you figure the little things out you'll find it just as easy to use as anything else.

Flawless
09-10-09, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your help guys, bought a macbook today:)