PDA

View Full Version : Celica ta22 rolling shell

Rkds
19-10-09, 09:58 PM
My best friends birthday is coming up and he has wanted to build a ta22 ground up for a very long time.

With some spare coin in my coin purse I thought it would be nice to buy him something for this occasion. ( since I'm not allowed to buy for myself at the moment grrrrr parents)

Knowing that he has already got an engine ready I wanted to surprise him with this gift.

So if anyone has anything available or has seen anything please post something in this thread or pm me :).

Rkds
21-10-09, 10:57 PM
Bump

I am really desperate for this.

It will be used for a major hsc project so please help me out :)

best guy
22-10-09, 10:48 AM
What engine has he got waiting for it? Remember the RA23 looks almost the same (a little nicer actually imo) and has a bigger engine bay so you can fit JZs etc in there.

Bronald McDonald
22-10-09, 11:39 AM
Ta22 shells are not that common..

There is a semi decent running one on carsales for aroudn 5 grand I think.

TA > RA :P

Rkds
07-11-09, 09:27 PM
BUMPPPPPPPP

flipmods
07-11-09, 09:38 PM
I bought one and put it in storage, not cheap but also not the type of car you strip and build, more of a restoration type of car as it is in original condition. Good luck finding one, try gumtree, I saw a couple on there a while back but in beat up condition.

Rkds
07-11-09, 09:39 PM
yeh beat up condition is fine.

Will definitely be a restoration just with an engine swap .

Thanks for the help

munchhunch
07-11-09, 09:51 PM
Whats your budget?

Rkds
07-11-09, 09:51 PM
up to $600 for the shell.

munchhunch
07-11-09, 09:56 PM
Must be a good mate!

munchhunch
07-11-09, 09:57 PM
Just find a straight chassis at a wrecker, might be difficult to find but they should have one somewhere in NSW with a straight body, little rust is ok as of age of car. Makes for more restoration funz

TONTON
07-11-09, 10:13 PM
check ebay 24/7 and gumtree and boostcruising ( yes) and trading post

Rkds
07-11-09, 10:17 PM
Must be a good mate!

Thanks man :).

Just find a straight chassis at a wrecker, might be difficult to find but they should have one somewhere in NSW with a straight body, little rust is ok as of age of car. Makes for more restoration funz

Have to call wreckers as well.

check ebay 24/7 and gumtree and boostcruising ( yes) and trading post

Will do man :)

bluesprinter
09-11-09, 06:47 PM
pick and payless up in blacktown...you'll be amazed sometime what they come up with

Rkds
18-11-09, 10:01 PM
going to call pick and payless on friday

bump
Would not mind a RA28.

the birthday is coming up so please someone tell me there is a shell somewhere.

Bronald McDonald
18-11-09, 10:04 PM
I'll be honest, please don't think i'm being mean, but it'll be hard for that price range.

I will keep my eye out for you though, you have good intentions.

Rkds
18-11-09, 10:08 PM
I know Ronald McDonald :(.
I have talked to someone with a beautiful ta22 that snapped one up at around $100.
Those kinds of sales don't come often but I guess they are worth looking for.

Thankyou for keeping an eye out :)

Rkds
18-11-09, 10:10 PM
What engine has he got waiting for it? Remember the RA23 looks almost the same (a little nicer actually imo) and has a bigger engine bay so you can fit JZs etc in there.

Definitely wont be seeing Jz's in there for now.

It's a surprise for now which will be revealed in a future build thread that will be made by him and I :).

Bantex
18-11-09, 10:29 PM
I'm a bit out of your budget, but if your budget goes up and you are interested in a running TA22 with rego let me know. I've got a lot of interest in it though so no guarantees it will be around forever!