PDA

View Full Version : unlocking mobile phones

radism
01-11-09, 02:53 AM
anyone know how to unlock a sony ericsson k800i? don't know what network from. the phone's not stolen, bought second hand a while ago and dad's phone carked it.

woods
01-11-09, 02:59 AM
id just throw it at somtin, but thats just me.

sayin'

u mad?
01-11-09, 03:05 AM
a key

seriously though, cant you just go to a phone shop and they can do it for you?

adn
01-11-09, 03:11 AM
just insert each network sim into it. and see which one actually works. then go to that shop to get it unlock. it could be free now since the phone been out for a while. as the pricing of unlocking decreases with age.

or you can go to one of those mobile repair/reseller and get it unlocked.

Shiri
01-11-09, 03:13 AM
All wrong, the phone will be registered to someones account, you'll need that account holder to unlock it.

Take it to a mobile phone shop in China Town and ask what they can do.

Rkds
01-11-09, 03:18 AM
I know a fair bit of shops in cabra that can do all this stuff for cheap :)

illusnz
01-11-09, 11:41 AM
u will be looking at from $5-$15 to unlock

OVTEC
02-11-09, 01:18 AM
i know of one in Bonnyrigg plaza next to donut king that do it for cheap and on the spot too

Nismodified
02-11-09, 10:44 AM
Start off with google to obtain the opening sequence of unlocking it. That is handset/brand dependent. Then from this it should say which next work it belongs to and it should be easier to unlock.

I had both sony ericsson's unlocked by 3, whilst on the phone and they just walked it through with me.

The Panda
12-02-10, 11:56 AM
OK!!!!

Super thread bump.

But i need to know where I can get a three phone unlocked so I can use it. is the general gist that i just go to chinatown and try there?

Help would by muchly appreciated :)

adn
12-02-10, 05:46 PM
from three? they unlock their phones for free and over the phone

5hu7o
12-02-10, 05:53 PM
I know a fair bit of shops in cabra that can do all this stuff for cheap :)

+1
thats why that hollywood shop keeps gettin shut down lol

The Panda
12-02-10, 09:32 PM
from three? they unlock their phones for free and over the phone

Lets suppose, hypothetically of course, that this phone is not mine.

Szemen
12-02-10, 09:54 PM
If its going to more than $10, just Davinci it. But yea, if its with 3, its linked to the purchasers account. Everywhere else, its just age of the phone, if its prepaid, linked to the prepaid activation not Tax Invoice. Its like that with Telstra anyway.

Just try putting another network's simcard in it first.

adn
13-02-10, 01:46 AM
then ask the owner of the phone to unlock it for you..since 3 just simply gives you a command and a code to put through the phone to unlock it. so they can pass that information on to you

telstra prepaid, isn't link to anything. you simply pay the unlocking fee and it gets unlocked. the fee goes down with age and eventually become free.

VTECMACHINE
13-02-10, 11:12 AM
All wrong, the phone will be registered to someones account, you'll need that account holder to unlock it.

That's not true at all...

If it's vodafone, go to www.vodafone.com.au/unlock

Enter the IMEI number into the site, pay the $25 and you'll get an unlocking code.

If it's Optus, depending how old the phone is, they'll give you the unlocking code for free over the phone.

Telstra is just gay.

3 is just gayer.

VTECMACHINE
13-02-10, 11:15 AM
Oh whoopse... super old thread

The Panda
13-02-10, 11:19 AM
That's not true at all...

If it's vodafone, go to www.vodafone.com.au/unlock

Enter the IMEI number into the site, pay the $25 and you'll get an unlocking code.

If it's Optus, depending how old the phone is, they'll give you the unlocking code for free over the phone.

Telstra is just gay.

3 is just gayer.

Ok. It is a three phone and its not mine

Friend of mine said that you can download a generic rom and upload that?

kabz
13-02-10, 11:21 AM
Yeah u can download the rom and just upload it.

VTECMACHINE
14-02-10, 12:16 PM
There are dodgy ways to do it, but sometimes can cause the phone to lock out completely.
What phone is it?

The Panda
14-02-10, 12:31 PM
Its a 6500.

Dun worry i paid some dodgy schlebos to do it. All sweet now :)

anbinal
12-08-12, 01:13 PM
anyone know how to unlock a sony ericsson k800i? don't know what network from. the phone's not stolen, bought second hand a while ago and dad's phone carked it.

You can unlock your sony ericsson k800i using unlock code .There are many sites available to get unlock code via through online .Here you can get unlock code via e-mail mobile-unlocker.com (http://www.mobile-unlocker.com/) .After that you can easily unlock your mobile within five hours.