PDA

View Full Version : eoi: diy/meets/show n shines

tenji`
12-11-09, 05:22 PM
hi guys,

If you guys are keen on doing regular DIY days and/or club meets i am able to offer to lend my newly aquired workshop/showroom to you free of charge.

There is also a hoist, air hose you can use provided you look after and respect the equipment. Only condition is you will have to BYO tools.

We have a Cafe in house (normal cafe charges for drinks) and will do a sausage sizzle on the day to help cover the costs of our overheads which i hope you guys understand.

We are located in Nunawading.

so are pretty central, plenty of car park access, lots of seating and car magazines to read...

If a moderator would be keen on accepting offer you can pm me or give me a call on 0402926552 (as sometimes im a bit too busy to check the forums.)

Cheers,

Polo

SUROK
12-11-09, 05:24 PM
and of course.. melbourne.. nothing this good could possibly be in sydney.

The Panda
12-11-09, 05:25 PM
Im going to thank you in advance for anything that does end up happening, simply for offering this.

TONTON
12-11-09, 05:46 PM
melbourneeeee :( dammit

Kaotic
12-11-09, 06:30 PM
Road trip to Melbourne:D!!!

sanerr
12-11-09, 06:42 PM
Im going to thank you in advance for anything that does end up happening, simply for offering this.

Second.

Good work, It'd be awesome if someone did this in Sydney, but as SUROK said, it'd never happen.

Shiri
12-11-09, 07:33 PM
What are you guys talking about? You get free reign at the industrial park at JDM Yard. that's pretty freaking awesome.

As organiser of a lot of Melbourne meets I know it's been my desire, as well as a lot of other members, to have a similar setup to what Sydney JDMST has when they hold events at JDMYard and various other workshops across Sydney that are held during the day and BBQs are held. Due to our relative small membership we haven't seeked out any workshops to host us.

Thank you for very much for offering. I, or another senior Melbourne member, might be in touch in the future.

Jace.
12-11-09, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a great offer.

SUROK
12-11-09, 07:54 PM
yeah... but jdmyard dont let us in the workshop or anything cool like that. ....we are just in a carpark..nothing special.

Run-It-Hard
12-11-09, 08:25 PM
yeah... but jdmyard dont let us in the workshop or anything cool like that. ....we are just in a carpark..nothing special.

So, would you rather have a meet at maccas or at a workshop carpark?

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

bushtucker
12-11-09, 08:27 PM
this is sick!
ashame its not in sydney :(

but agree with kaotic....jdmst road trip! haha itll be like the gumball only to melbourne :)

Iain
12-11-09, 10:41 PM
this is sick!
ashame its not in sydney :(

but agree with kaotic....jdmst road trip! haha itll be like the gumball only to melbourne :)

+ 1 hume highway FTW no cameras for 100's of kms

Justin Fox
12-11-09, 10:50 PM
Generous but it sounds a bit crazy to me. Why would any successful (ie: busy) workshop simply let strangers regularly use and operate their hoists? A bit dangerous no?

Kaotic
12-11-09, 11:08 PM
Generous but it sounds a bit crazy to me. Why would any successful (ie: busy) workshop simply let strangers regularly use and operate their hoists? A bit dangerous no?

im guessing the owner would be in charge of the hoist and be in charge of what goes on?

Iain
12-11-09, 11:21 PM
yeah i think it good publicity aswell

Taz_
13-11-09, 03:51 AM

Sounds like an OH&S nightmare to me...

Julz01
13-11-09, 10:40 AM
sounds good whens the first meet up :)

mill-180
13-11-09, 11:57 AM
why cant you be in sydney!!