PDA

View Full Version : Arkhaeon Stuck on the M7 - Electrical Failure

tiksie
10-12-09, 02:04 AM
HAI GUIZ!

Just speaking to Luke, apparently his cars electrics shat itself and he is currently sitting on the M7 (don't know which bit) but if anyone is close to the M7 (I'm assuming west side) give him a buzz to find out where, I have work in a couple of hours so I can't go as I'm no where near the M7, but if anyone wants to go lend him a hand I'm sure he will appreciate it!

There is no power to the cabin, no hazards, only thing that works is headlights.

*removed mobile number* - Luke (Nickname Arkhaeon on here).

EDIT: He has blown his main 75A fuse, if anyone has one shoot down there and give the fella a hand!

Nismodified
10-12-09, 02:14 AM
He fixes his panels and a fuse blows, bloody s13's

SUROK
10-12-09, 02:20 AM
he is southbound just before the elizabeth drive exit.

Arkhaeon
10-12-09, 04:33 AM
Ben (Jaemus) has temporarily rescued me - Car is still dead, but I'm not.

Thanks Tiksie for throwing this thread up, and Richard for the offer of help!

I dodgied the 75a fuse together to bridge it, which gave me power back - however upon going to reds, a large drain is apparent (interior light dims alot), and cranking results in the flat-battery symptom. This is even so with a jumper pack on it.

Gah..

tiksie
10-12-09, 08:43 AM
Dead alternator ?

Good to see your safe and sound.

Nismodified
10-12-09, 09:07 AM
The love/hate continues.

Just for the record, this is Lukes Black sil80, not the purple one in the for sale section

Serial Killa
10-12-09, 09:13 AM
Dam i have an appointment this morning otherwise i'd be there :(

tiksie
10-12-09, 09:19 AM
Read the time of post big boy.

SUROK
10-12-09, 09:36 AM
i was thinking this morning, i should really buy a car trailer just for this purpose
"Suroks Friendly Towing"
I thought the heavy guage wire plan was pretty solid. or my Paper clip solution.next time you know the keep a total backup of every fuse you need to drive the car.

Arkhaeon
10-12-09, 09:52 AM
Fuse isn't the problem though - just a symptom. Something has made the fuse blow, which is now stopping the car from starting. That's where i'm left scratching my head :(

I'm hoping to hear back from Dumhed to see if he can help out - I know he could fix anything and everything wrong with it in about 12.4 seconds. As a last resort, my truckie mate has offered to come back up in his semi tonight and pick it up - it has a hydraulic lift that goes flat, perfect for ultra low sileighties :P

tiksie
10-12-09, 10:07 AM
Good to hear Luke,

Hope all goes well with it.

Serial Killa
10-12-09, 10:26 AM
Read the time of post big boy.

got ya

Arkhaeon
10-12-09, 10:55 AM
Anyone have a car trailer that can fit a low sileighty on it? Gh3y failcars.

Nismodified
10-12-09, 10:58 AM
Has anything to do with the large wire cable you replaced not long ago?

Arkhaeon
10-12-09, 11:04 AM
Nah the earth strap is fine. It'll be alternator related.. Bit hard to work on where it's currently sitting though.

Arkhaeon
10-12-09, 11:08 AM
gh3y laptop has failbatteries too.. Ark, Signing out :(

type-x
10-12-09, 02:43 PM
has the car been hard to start lately ? get a multimeter and check voltage for any irregularities. its either battery, alternator or both. plus change the 75a fuse while ur at it too. had gay start and power problems, then changed all 3 above and theres no more nervousness on the road.

satanic
10-12-09, 02:53 PM
Mitchee has a flat-bed truck... he can't drive it without an MR lisence though.

Arkhaeon
10-12-09, 11:27 PM
Home safe and sound.

hard-wired the fuse, and charged the battery. Got back to the car, slotted in the battery, and it fired up first go... Whatdafark. No problems back to castle hill, no problems from castle hill back to the southern highlands..

I get 13.6V on idle with no accessories, 13.3V with parkers on, and 12.6V with headlights on.. Is it normal to lose that much voltage with headlights on?

Car has always started perfectly, aside from this one time after the car switched itself off going down the M7 :lol:

Kikkoman
11-12-09, 12:06 AM
The JDMST love is strong this threead is.

mako
11-12-09, 12:41 AM
Younger brother had a similar problem where the fuse blew all the time. It was the earthing. Cleaned the main earth terminal and voila!!!