PDA

View Full Version : Waterfalls - Swimming ( NSW?)

TONTON
20-01-10, 01:57 AM
Hey guys is there any waterfalls around NSW that you can swim/ stand under?

I miss the sensation lol

Rkds
20-01-10, 02:14 AM
:).
Subscribed.

Chinese gardens at darling Harbour hahaha.

TONTON
20-01-10, 02:16 AM
lol isnt that chinese gardens?

nah looking for like national parks? or something

Rkds
20-01-10, 02:17 AM
yeh thats what I wrote.
Pshhht, I always have wanted to do this.

rokutofu
20-01-10, 07:54 AM
My mates have seen a very secluded waterfall at the Royal National Park. They entered at the Waterfall entrance, and was near there somewhere.

Hope that helps! Goodluck. :)

~bb~
20-01-10, 09:45 AM
if you have a boat there's one in Refuge bay we went there Sunday.. but it hurts standing under, falling from such a big height.. :lol:

Iain
20-01-10, 09:46 AM
isnt there one in the Wollongong national park

Paoooul
20-01-10, 09:56 AM
isnt there one in the Wollongong national park

if it's the same one I'm thinking of (probably not i went there when I was a probably 7 years old), it's one badass huge waterfall.

given it was badass huge when i was 7 it's probably just huge now

Iain
20-01-10, 09:58 AM
I also know of one in kentlyn but you might need to contend with the other patrons , bullsharks ha

clutch-monkey
20-01-10, 11:01 AM
how far you wanna travel? crows nest national park in northern nsw is pretty good.

Prancer
20-01-10, 11:36 AM
theres wotomalla or however you spell it, that people jump off in the national park near wollongong

milkman
20-01-10, 12:02 PM
theres wotomalla or however you spell it, that people jump off in the national park near wollongong

It's over, the lagoon is stagnent and the waterfall is gone.. :(

TONTON
20-01-10, 12:03 PM
^ yeah people still jump off there but no waterfalls :(

and clutch monkey... dont want to drive that far haha... want to keep it to a day trip around NSW =]

Will
20-01-10, 02:27 PM

wattamolla, screw waterfalls just jump them :lol:

milkman
20-01-10, 02:55 PM
Jump it at your own risk. Last time I was there, albeit @ the height of our drought it was only deep in one small spot.. risky.

Prancer
20-01-10, 03:29 PM
last time i was there, i got home took off my trackies and found a paralysys tick trying to eat me

rokutofu
20-01-10, 06:12 PM
wattamolla, screw waterfalls just jump them :lol:

Jump it at your own risk. Last time I was there, albeit @ the height of our drought it was only deep in one small spot.. risky.

I also heard rumours that ppl threw shopping trolleys in there also :shock: Question is then, how the hell/why the hell would you transport it all the way there and intentially injure ppl!?

DreadAngel
20-01-10, 07:28 PM
last time i was there, i got home took off my trackies and found a paralysys tick trying to eat me

ROFL!!!

Can't be that painful if you didn't notice XD...

There was a waterfall I remember going to near Wollongong... But its most likely the one you guys saying that its stopped :(

CaptainColen
20-01-10, 08:01 PM
If your looking for an excuse to head up bells line of road and enjoy natural waterfalls and the like, Sheep dip rocky creek (http://www.adventure.breakloose.com.au/product/blue-mountains-canyoning/full-day-canyoning-rocky-creek) requires no rope skills or equipment, other then a wetsuit or two and possibly a helmet (depending on you - i have heard about blokes from the army doing this canyon nude for kicks) and makes for a great day. Try to leave for the canyon as early as possible as you may spend a fair amount of time finding your way in and out of the canyon.

TONTON
27-01-10, 03:01 PM
anywhere else?

how about the blue mountains?

IcemaN
28-01-10, 07:11 PM
if you have a boat there's one in Refuge bay we went there Sunday.. but it hurts standing under, falling from such a big height.. :lol:

you dont need a boat, it does make it alot easier.

you can walk from west head road, but it will take you a while.

summertime the waterfall is pretty much dried up so dont expect much flow.

WAN94N
31-01-10, 03:55 AM
i'll ask my tafe teacher, he does it quiet often so should have a good idea of which direction to point you in

CZ4A.
31-01-10, 12:19 PM
:).
Subscribed.

Chinese gardens at darling Harbour hahaha.

LOL there are massive eels there.

TONTON
08-02-10, 08:04 PM
i'll ask my tafe teacher, he does it quiet often so should have a good idea of which direction to point you in

thanks man,,, got anything yet?