PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Chat Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

benxxx
21-01-10, 02:32 PM
I figured we could use thread for stuff that doesn't really need it's own thread.

I got my brother to ride my bike last night while I was driving, it's amazing the difference in noise when next to the bike rather than wearing a helmet and being on it. the exhaust actually hurt my ear at one point haha, and it was good to get a perspective from someone who rides a gsxr1000 vs my CBR1000RR too. I encourage bike swapping with people you trust, it's good fun.

brasher
21-01-10, 03:22 PM
I'm never swapping bikes again with you ever again until you pay for the Valve replacement from the suzuki :lol:

brrrrr tatatatatattatatataa

brrrrrrrrrrrr tatatatatataatatata

shift up you wanker!!!

Perry
21-01-10, 04:43 PM
Wish I could ride a 1000cc bike me too short.

benxxx
21-01-10, 04:47 PM
I'm never swapping bikes again with you ever again until you pay for the Valve replacement from the suzuki :lol:

brrrrr tatatatatattatatataa

brrrrrrrrrrrr tatatatatataatatata

shift up you wanker!!!

What can I say ? I was expecting more power/speed/revs, my mind couldn't compute such an early shift

Perry
21-01-10, 04:50 PM
Steve if you read this when are you riding?? Norma wont be back for a while.

Will
21-01-10, 05:58 PM
rode today, so fkn hot!

SfS
21-01-10, 06:59 PM
rode today, so fkn hot!

Freggin tell me bout it, as I was getting closer to Penrith it was getting hotter and hotter!

DR-JEKL
21-01-10, 07:03 PM
Got any pics of your CBR1000?

What year model and what exhaust are you running?

Perry
21-01-10, 07:50 PM
rode today, so fkn hot!

Same dude I've got a leather jacket on as well.

jdmsinister
21-01-10, 07:52 PM
after what happened to my mate still gona wear leather and gloves no matter how hot it is.

SfS
21-01-10, 08:04 PM
What happened to your mate?

Rkds
21-01-10, 08:40 PM
I want to go do my l's so bad. So booked out.

SfS
21-01-10, 08:47 PM
They won't get done by themself ;)

DR-JEKL
21-01-10, 09:52 PM
I'm dropping into Frasers this Saturday to have a look at this Aprilia:

http://liveimages.bikesales.com.au/bikesales/bike/dealer/bd5210833319100021367.jpg

http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/dealer/details.aspx?R=7891865&__sid=1261F1B3F4E0&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_RankSort_Int32|1||p_Make_String|0||p_Model_ String|0||p_YearMade_Int32|1||p_PriceSort_Decimal| 1&keywords=&__N=1432%20604%201430%201429%201428%204294967226%2 04294960850&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=1&silo=1400

Its a 2003 model Falco with 30k kays CF factory pipes for around $9k ish...

I have always lusted after an italian V Twin, and this seems to be good value compared to most ducati's of a similiar era....

Meanwhile the value of the jap superbikes is damn tempting!

I have seen a few 07 CBR1000's and ZX10R's in showroom condition dipping into the high 10K territory with 2k kays like this example:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280450337198&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching#ht_500wt_1182 ebay item #280450337198

I'm hoping to get a ride on the Aprilia and a few Jap 1L bikes this w/e to try and work out what feels best for me, but for value the Jap bikes seem to be the way to go atm!

jdmsinister
21-01-10, 09:56 PM
What happened to your mate?

mate got T boned on concord rd broke his leg in 3 places he told me if he wasnt wearing boots he would be amputee for sure. and leather prevented skin grafts. so wear your gears boys real men wear protection.

SfS
21-01-10, 10:04 PM
Faaaarout, I havn't been wearing my gear riding to work lately, but I only ride to the extent of what i'm wearing eg. leather jacket, kevlar pants gloves I go crazy.

But yeh I guess you never know if your going to have an accident or not ay!

Perry
21-01-10, 10:11 PM
damn Im on concord rd everyday.

jdmsinister
21-01-10, 10:22 PM
we must admit riding is awesome and fun but missing skin and sitting at home for months healing isnt.

Perry
21-01-10, 10:28 PM
agreed I've noticed after riding for a few months there is alot of F#$k up drivers out there.

Will
21-01-10, 10:43 PM

lmao i booked my P's today for the 8th of feb

Roadster
22-01-10, 12:24 AM
my bike is still broken. still sourcing a front fairing. lol

Perry
22-01-10, 12:49 AM
my bike is still broken. still sourcing a front fairing. lol

quick laa Steve before my bike is sold.

DrewMan
22-01-10, 01:09 AM

I just booked mine last week and got tomorrow @ rouse hill

benxxx
22-01-10, 12:04 PM
Got any pics of your CBR1000?

What year model and what exhaust are you running?

04 Model, It's a Leo Vince Aluminium slip on, it's the 'race' version, so no end caps or silencers or anything extra on the muffler, replaces the up pipe and butterfly valve etc. I got a great price when the aus dollar rose against the US a few years back.

will get a pic later, there is some by brasher in the 2 wheels thread.

SfS
24-01-10, 10:20 PM
Man if anyone cares, at 9pm the past few Sundays they've had Moto GP classics on, all the races with Doohan and Gardiner etc.

Love it :P

s_vtec
25-01-10, 12:07 AM
Going for my Ps soon :D yay!!, anyone feels like going for a ride tomorrow night?

c0LL1n
25-01-10, 03:29 AM
damn it i miss riding my bike... everytime i go driving around and see people riding bikes i get that feeling inside that im missing something and want to go back!!

doesnt really help when a few of your mates are on their fulls and going trackdays as well. :S

Zc1600
25-01-10, 06:35 PM
man someone know anyone that wants an r32?? Its the only thing holding me back from buying a bike and its pissing me off lol!! I go through the feeling c0LL1n just mentioned hahah

SfS
25-01-10, 06:37 PM
Trade my bike for it? haha

Zc1600
25-01-10, 06:39 PM
lol wouldn't mind but need the money in hand.. Pay off some debt i accumulated recently and remaining will be spent on a bike :D
Hows the Hyo going anyways?

SfS
25-01-10, 06:45 PM
Yeh going good, just hit 5000km, wondering if I should take it in to get serviced or do it myself, only thing stopping me doing it myself is voiding the warranty.

Ill keep it till about april or may fix the fairing and sell her and get a gixxer :twisted:

Zc1600
25-01-10, 06:54 PM
so you got the bike new im assuming? How has it held up so far? i knw people bag them out but i rekon they are a decent bike!

When my car sells ill be looking at RS125, GT250R & Ninja 250r, just need to test ride them to see which one suits me best, as i've already done all the review reading on all 3! im so inclined for a RS, but need to ride it 1st to know how it feels and see if i work well with it..

SfS
25-01-10, 07:01 PM
Really good actually, fair bit of torque for a 250 but thats the Vtwin, and if you a bigger sorta bloke its about the same size as a gsxr600 maybe? Just less refined, and the only problem i've had so far is the battery, but then again every transportation vehicle that comes within 10m of my garage their batteries stuff up haha.

And yeh bought it new just for that piece of mind.

Zc1600
25-01-10, 07:06 PM
Yeah i would expect the torque down low. they sound nice to lol! i sat on one at bike biz and the seating position is quite good actually.. What you think of the 650r??

DR-JEKL
25-01-10, 07:29 PM
Well I ended up buying the Aprilia on the w/e

http://liveimages.bikesales.com.au/bikesales/bike/dealer/bd5210833319100021367.jpg

http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/dealer/details.aspx?R=7891865&__sid=1261F1B3F4E0&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=p_RankSort_Int32|1||p_Make_String|0||p_Model_ String|0||p_YearMade_Int32|1||p_PriceSort_Decimal| 1&keywords=&__N=1432%20604%201430%201429%201428%204294967226%2 04294960850&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=1&silo=1400

Its a 2003 model Falco with 32k kays CF factory pipes and in great condition (it has SUE-34 plates so I'm presuming it was a chicks bike previously)

I had looked at a few CBR's felt comfortable on them (I'm 6'7 with rather long legs) was happy with the fit and finish but before I went ahead and purchased a CBR I wanted to look at a Falco that I had been eyeing off for months. I decided to drive 2 hrs to Frasers in Concord (A total Mecca for bike enthusiasts, with their dyno on show behind a glass panel etc etc!!!) and look at the falco.
http://www.frasermotorcycles.com.au/fmc_Sydney.php

On first sight the Aprilia captured my heart and my mind, and before I could even hop on the bike the salesperson asked if I would like to take her for a run (Is Elton John a fkn poof, yes!) As soon as he cranked her over to warm it up the lovely V Twin bark emitted from the aprilia factory carbon pipes left me with the hairs on the back of my neck raised, and I felt like a 16 year old virgin all over again

We went for a 20 minute test ride through Sydney in the scorching 42 degree heat (the lead rider was on a BMW which indicated an ambient temperature of 48 degrees whilst we were at the lights at one stage!) and couldnt get enough of that syrupy smooth torque and V Twin sound!

I eventually came to a deal with Peter from Frasers, and essentially the reason why I went with the falco over the CBR, was that yes the CBR has more power, more aftermarket support and is more reliable, but it is also a lot more common and comes across as a bit 'plain jane' compared to the Italian falco with not as many on the road being so common also.

I'm looking forward to picking my falco up next weekend from Frasers, once she is in my possession I will give her a good going over with the view of also modifying her a tad also to suit my fussy (borderline OCD) pursuit of perfection.

The mods I had in mind were to replace the front and rear indicators with a more modern set of clear LED items, voltage wire mod, eprom mod (if it hasn't already been done) induction mods, lower fairing to cover the exhaust a full detail and polish, and servicing (hopefully the bike comes with a service logbook)

I have also seen a relatively cheap power commander from a falco for sale, are these worth installing?

Cheers

Zc1600
25-01-10, 07:40 PM
Sweet man, nice buy!

ianmallee
27-01-10, 10:54 AM
Yeh going good, just hit 5000km, wondering if I should take it in to get serviced or do it myself, only thing stopping me doing it myself is voiding the warranty.

Ill keep it till about april or may fix the fairing and sell her and get a gixxer :twisted:

spoke to a mate about this and you dont actually void your warranty.
if you keep all your receipts and log them in your book and show youve mainting it then it wont void actual production faults which is what the warranty covers.

i've had my cbr from new and never bothered, why pay someone $350 when you can do it yourself for $100.

hope that helps

ae86slaver
27-01-10, 11:29 AM
That Falco looks like a good buy, hotnessss~!

I was also inquiring about an aprillia motard at frasers, but it was snapped up real quick :( good to know they allow long enough test rides and seem pretty relaxed about it all - post up pics when you get it!

brasher
27-01-10, 12:04 PM
Man getting along with your dealer is ftw!

I bought new 2010 plastics for my 09 to update it, easy as piss job should only take 2 minutes.

I'm undoing all the nuts and 4 of the shroud bolts just keep turning.... must be threaded. Ring up the dealer to see if it's a common thing and what to do. He tell me it's happened to a few 09's and just bring it in on Wednesday.

Rang him up just before, all good to bring it in, all covered by warranty (husqvarna's have a 2 year unlimited km warranty, most dirt bikes have none) while he is there he is going to fit a ECU map selector switch and load a new map to suit my cams even better, all for free! What a legend.

DR-JEKL
27-01-10, 01:53 PM
Man getting along with your dealer is ftw!

I bought new 2010 plastics for my 09 to update it, easy as piss job should only take 2 minutes.

I'm undoing all the nuts and 4 of the shroud bolts just keep turning.... must be threaded. Ring up the dealer to see if it's a common thing and what to do. He tell me it's happened to a few 09's and just bring it in on Wednesday.

Rang him up just before, all good to bring it in, all covered by warranty (husqvarna's have a 2 year unlimited km warranty, most dirt bikes have none) while he is there he is going to fit a ECU map selector switch and load a new map to suit my cams even better, all for free! What a legend.

In all seriousness that's how all dealerships should be if they are smart enough, because you will more then likely go back to them for a new bike, servicing, boots/gloves/jackets etc. Sadly enough there seems to be more stealerships out there then this particular huskie dealer!

brasher
27-01-10, 02:11 PM
yeah but a retune/fit map/tank would be a fair bit of work, thats exceptional in my book, there is only one mechanic and I'm pretty sure he only has 4 fingers on one hand so he goes good!

Whenever I get work done there he always is up for a chat, inviting me to ride days etc or just talking general shit, As he is a small shop I always am willing to support him so I always make sure I buy my chain lube/silicon spray etc from him even if I can get it for half that price at supercheap. Shit even just then I just bought a husky shirt for $70, a fuckin Tshirt :lol: He helps me so I'll help him. Plus the shirt looks awesome so win win :lol:

From now on I'm always going to get my bikes from just out of Sydney and not big dealerships, too impersonal, just a business to get you on a bike asap and not actually help you find what you are after.

DR-JEKL
27-01-10, 06:31 PM
yeah but a retune/fit map/tank would be a fair bit of work, thats exceptional in my book, there is only one mechanic and I'm pretty sure he only has 4 fingers on one hand so he goes good!

Whenever I get work done there he always is up for a chat, inviting me to ride days etc or just talking general shit, As he is a small shop I always am willing to support him so I always make sure I buy my chain lube/silicon spray etc from him even if I can get it for half that price at supercheap. Shit even just then I just bought a husky shirt for $70, a fuckin Tshirt :lol: He helps me so I'll help him. Plus the shirt looks awesome so win win :lol:

From now on I'm always going to get my bikes from just out of Sydney and not big dealerships, too impersonal, just a business to get you on a bike asap and not actually help you find what you are after.

That is damn impressive indeed!

Why don't you give this fine establishment a free plug, and share the love amongst your fellow jdmster bikers?

DR-JEKL
01-02-10, 10:28 PM
Hey guys i am after a battery charger for my bike to keep the battery charged whilst my bike is not in use.

Since my bike has a Rotax V Twin apparently cranking a motor with high compression puts a huge strain on the battery, and if the battery isn't fully charged, this can put stress on ignition components causing premature wear/failure.

So will a $50 ebay charger perform the same as a $300 job?

Roadster
02-02-10, 12:44 AM
i bought a ctek xs3600 from ebay. they say its not the same as the 50 dollar jaycar charger. ive lefted it charging batteries months at a time, no problems here.

Will
02-02-10, 08:21 PM
went to fairfield markets this afternoon, setup the cones and followed the rider p's course from the rta, feeling pretty confident and i did it in the rain also :D

DR-JEKL
03-02-10, 02:08 PM
went to fairfield markets this afternoon, setup the cones and followed the rider p's course from the rta, feeling pretty confident and i did it in the rain also :D

You shall ace it then!

Plus also when you get there you practice the test course brake test, u turn test at least a dozen times before you actually do 'the test' :)

Good luck mate!

bogan
05-02-10, 01:16 PM
So I'm in the market for a new bike..

My budget is around $8500. I'm not sure what to get.. CBR600RR '06? any suggestions?

Roadster
05-02-10, 03:50 PM
So I'm in the market for a new bike..

My budget is around $8500. I'm not sure what to get.. CBR600RR '06? any suggestions?

what are you going to use it for?

ae86slaver
05-02-10, 05:46 PM
You shall ace it then!

Plus also when you get there you practice the test course brake test, u turn test at least a dozen times before you actually do 'the test' :)

Good luck mate!

Yeh, the test on the day is actually alot more forgiving than the layout on the RTA site diagram.

They will let you practice the course, but be aware, after the road ride, the course 'changes' and you'll do each individual component on a separate area (kinda made us nervous)

but needless to say it was a walk in the park....alot of fun actually!

bogan
05-02-10, 07:56 PM
what are you going to use it for?

not track, just fanging around the streets on the weekends. Won't be main mode of transport

Roadster
05-02-10, 08:36 PM
not track, just fanging around the streets on the weekends. Won't be main mode of transport

how fast of a bike do you want?
do you want to pop wheelies with ease?
euro/jap?
1/2/3/4 cylinder?
danielb's street triple would have been nice if you could squeeze a bit more out of your budget.

*an2
05-02-10, 09:04 PM
got my P's today !! cheerin' !!

Perry
06-02-10, 01:20 AM
congrads dude.

Jeev
06-02-10, 01:31 AM
Hey look, we have a bike thread =D

Well, I got some Presa Sports thrown on the Hornet a couple weeks ago, took it for 1 ride and then got sent away for work :(

I'm back this weekend and those tyres are going to cop a flogging :)

bogan
06-02-10, 01:42 AM
how fast of a bike do you want?
do you want to pop wheelies with ease?
euro/jap?
1/2/3/4 cylinder?
danielb's street triple would have been nice if you could squeeze a bit more out of your budget.

I don't want something that'll lift its front whenever i take off but fast enough to keep me entertained. Something that looks sporty (because I care!). Jap/Euro.. don't care as long as it fits the criteria. I'm just looking for options here

Will
06-02-10, 03:06 AM
You shall ace it then!

Good luck mate!

thanks alot dude, i'll probably practice it once more on a sunday before my exam on monday lol, i just want my P's alreaedy wasted $161 gees

*an2
06-02-10, 10:45 AM
congrads dude.

thanks man , did it in the crappiest of weather too , lol's

thanks alot dude, i'll probably practice it once more on a sunday before my exam on monday lol, i just want my P's alreaedy wasted $161 gees

you'd probably ace it man , i rocked up to the test without reading up on anything , no practice , and passed it pretty easily ..

on the day you get like an hour of practice before yo do the test anyways .. just remember to do head checks left right and centre , lol's

Will
06-02-10, 12:13 PM
i heard the exam is bascially divided into 2 parts,

6 hours of practice at the place & 10 mins of the exam?

is this true?

bogan
06-02-10, 01:10 PM
^ pretty much.

You get a couple hours of practise there, including a component where they ride with you on the road. Then the real assessment only takes 10 minutes. Just listen to what they say.

jdm_kid
06-02-10, 11:38 PM
i heard the exam is bascially divided into 2 parts,

6 hours of practice at the place & 10 mins of the exam?

is this true?

all practical ... not even 10mins. I aced mine in 4mins or so. Wanted to get over it asap haha.

Perry
07-02-10, 12:11 AM
Simon when are you going to come out riding with me?

jdm_kid
07-02-10, 01:04 AM
Simon when are you going to come out riding with me?

I will invite you next time when we go to mount white or RNP or you can invite me when you go ? :)

Perry
07-02-10, 01:34 AM
I will invite you next time when we go to mount white or RNP or you can invite me when you go ? :)

woow you go through those place with the bike sickk!!!!

Roadster
07-02-10, 06:27 PM
I don't want something that'll lift its front whenever i take off but fast enough to keep me entertained. Something that looks sporty (because I care!). Jap/Euro.. don't care as long as it fits the criteria. I'm just looking for options here

~11 second qtr mile times fast enough? lol
pick one, cbr600rr, zx6r, yzf-r6, gsxr-600, daytona 675.

if you want something that *can* lift the front, this is dependent on your right wrist.
any of the thousand's you fancy.

Jeev
07-02-10, 07:43 PM
~11 second qtr mile times fast enough? lol
pick one, cbr600rr, zx6r, yzf-r6, gsxr-600, daytona 675.

You can lift the front with any of those ;)

I used to ride an '05 CBR600RR and they're a good bike, but a few of my friends own Daytona 675's and they are and all round nicer package.

Roadster
08-02-10, 12:30 AM
You can lift the front with any of those ;)

I used to ride an '05 CBR600RR and they're a good bike, but a few of my friends own Daytona 675's and they are and all round nicer package.

thats true. but you have to somewhat try to get a 600 up. relative to a thou :P

Will
08-02-10, 06:02 AM
boys its 5am, my p's exam is in 3 hrs and i can't sleep lolololol :mrgreen:

DrewMan
08-02-10, 10:05 AM
You're going to fail if you don't sleep! How did you go?

brasher
08-02-10, 11:33 AM
Got to putt about on a 1198S on Friday, quite different to a dirt bike :lol:

Roadster
08-02-10, 12:08 PM
Got to putt about on a 1198S on Friday, quite different to a dirt bike :lol:

would you fork out 30g for one?

brasher
08-02-10, 12:37 PM
God knows, I've ridden 3 road bikes now in my life, an 05 GSXR1000 for about 2 minutes, an Aprilia RS125 up and down the street and now the duke, didn't get out of 2nd gear, hardly able to make a decent judgement :lol:

But so different to a dirt bike, like 100% polar opposite.

Will
08-02-10, 06:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I GOT MY RED P'S! WOOOOOOOOOOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SfS
08-02-10, 07:04 PM
Congrats dude!

Will
08-02-10, 07:39 PM
well actually i gotta go to the RTA tomorrow and get my licence lol i got the certificate of competence :mrgreen:

SfS
08-02-10, 07:58 PM
Yeh don't lose it! lol

Will
12-02-10, 12:44 AM
we should organise a ride sometime

joebloyo
12-02-10, 02:12 AM
yes yes lets ride soon guys, my 250 is going up for sale soon

zawrilla
17-02-10, 09:17 PM
So... I just bought a bike today!
One came up that was to my liking. It's not perfect, but I was getting fed up of looking to be honest. Overall it's in good condition, and I paid a pretty fair price for it.

The bike is a Kawasaki Ninja ZX2R. Rego till end of the year, new chain and sprockets, oils etc. First thing to change will be tyres but they are still fine for now. Overall a neat little package. Good for someone like me who is only learning and doesn't need a bike to commute.

Will pick it up on the weekend.. Can't wait.

DrewMan
17-02-10, 09:21 PM
price?

Will
17-02-10, 09:23 PM
hey guys how often do you lub your chain?

my bikes my daily and i havent lubed it since i bought it which was like 4 months ago :shock:

Jeev
17-02-10, 09:31 PM
hey guys how often do you lub your chain?

my bikes my daily and i havent lubed it since i bought it which was like 4 months ago :shock:

That's definitely a recipe for disaster, especially with all this rain about. Get yourself a can of Bel-Ray and spray it every 500km or so.

zawrilla
17-02-10, 09:31 PM
price?

Andrew, I paid $4000 for it. This included a bag and a dainese leather jacket. I have no idea what the jacket is like in design or condition, but think it's too big. Most likely will sell it off for cheap.
At the current time, I don't think you can find one at a better price in the condition this was in. Tyres will need to change soon but even with that cost, it's a far cry from the 6k people ask for their 15-20 year old cbrs. Fairings are good enough, some minor scratches/blemishes but no major scraps or cracks.
Forgot to mention that it is a 03 compliance and I think a 00 build.. Maybe, maybe not.

SfS
17-02-10, 09:32 PM
I want a Hayabusa, thats is all :(

DR-JEKL
17-02-10, 09:42 PM
I want a Hayabusa, thats is all :(

I did too but they are huge, and to be realistic you can hardly ever use all that power on the streets...

Save $ and get a gixxer1000

SfS
17-02-10, 10:36 PM
Yeh I know they're huge Dads got one and I probably never will use all the power but I can if I take it to a track, and its always nice ot know the powers there :P

+ I was riding my bike today and my shoulders were aching so I might get something a bit less sporty, HA sound like an old fart!

joebloyo
18-02-10, 12:29 AM
dont hate, but i dunno busa's in my eyes belong on a strip, not a track

LOE200
18-02-10, 11:38 AM
I did too but they are huge, and to be realistic you can hardly ever use all that power on the streets...

Save $ and get a gixxer1000

like you can use the power of a litre on the road....

also, congrats chris.

let me know when we're riding.

DrewMan
18-02-10, 11:46 AM
So whens this ride supposed to be happenning?

ianmallee
18-02-10, 12:19 PM
ppl who say you can never use all the power of a 1litre on the road most likely haven't ridden one...not saying everyone so don't jump up and get defensive.
my opinion is a 1000 is easier to ride on the road then a 600 especially through traffic etc
to actually sit in a higher gear and weave and then have a torque when you need it makes it a lot easier having ridden my previous r6 as a daily
now, if you want to talk about not using all the power then might as well get a 250 and stay on it, when are you ever gona use all the power of a 250 on the streets?
same as the argument of having a 200kw + car if you cant use it on the street? might as well get an echo....lol

RogerRamjet
18-02-10, 12:38 PM
ppl who say you can never use all the power of a 1litre on the road most likely haven't ridden one...not saying everyone so don't jump up and get defensive.
my opinion is a 1000 is easier to ride on the road then a 600 especially through traffic etc
to actually sit in a higher gear and weave and then have a torque when you need it makes it a lot easier having ridden my previous r6 as a daily
now, if you want to talk about not using all the power then might as well get a 250 and stay on it, when are you ever gona use all the power of a 250 on the streets?
same as the argument of having a 200kw + car if youre cant use it on the street? might as well get an echo....lol

I love echos!

ianmallee
18-02-10, 12:41 PM
ahaha, swap your car for the echo....

RogerRamjet
18-02-10, 01:15 PM
done deal

SfS
18-02-10, 01:57 PM
I like your style ianmalle! Haha i've ridden dads bike and it is most certainly a scary experience when its opened up, but just cruising along it feels pretty much like a car. Sits on about 3k in top gear on the freeway.

Or 160km in second 8-) lol

Will
19-02-10, 03:22 AM
yeah i just got back from a cruise with 6 people lol it was mad fun riding to the city, so many fkn cops my friend got booked for running a red light LOL!

TONTON
19-02-10, 10:56 AM
real men ride women =p

LOE200
19-02-10, 03:36 PM
yeah i just got back from a cruise with 6 people lol it was mad fun riding to the city, so many fkn cops my friend got booked for running a red light LOL!

So...going real fast in a straight line on suburban roads... ?

Ianmallee, I have a different riding preference. I prefer light an revvy. Then again I did learn on a 125cc 2T

ianmallee
19-02-10, 04:19 PM
Ianmallee, I have a different riding preference. I prefer light an revvy. Then again I did learn on a 125cc 2T

nice to know :rolleyes:

SfS
20-02-10, 12:03 AM
Anyone done a wheelie on a 250 before? lol

Will
20-02-10, 10:14 AM
Anyone done a wheelie on a 250 before? lol

LOL this guy failed and hit an integra

fNin0ATI6Zg

zawrilla
20-02-10, 10:41 AM
I love that clip.., it's hilarious. Wouldve been interesting to see what happened when his dad found out

benxxx
20-02-10, 11:13 AM
went for an early blast up putty this morning, it was awesome, I've done a few 2 up trips this week, so to go out on my own on some awesome roads was the best

SfS
20-02-10, 12:08 PM
Only reason I asked is because i'm pretty sure I did yesterday by accident, althoughi was up at like a 45 degree angle i'm pretty sure it was off the ground lol.

Boony
21-02-10, 01:25 AM
how is a 125cc 2stroke to use daily?

im seriously thinking of gettin rid of my daily car and gettin a bike to get around and drive the fc when its raining etc

benxxx
21-02-10, 02:11 AM
I used a 150cc 2T as a daily, it was awesome, personal preference though

as for the 250 wheelie, It's possible, it wouldn't happen under power unless you chop the throttle or hit a big arse bump under power.

I've seen a mate wheelie a 250cc, it requires a fair bit of clutch and weight transfer.

Boony
21-02-10, 03:13 AM
cool just wanted to know in terms of maintenance etc

zawrilla
21-02-10, 12:03 PM
Have spent this weekend teaching myself to ride. Think I'm slowly getting the hang of it.
Quite a few stalls at lights or T-junctions though haha. Had to wave by a few drivers :P
Took me a while to get the clutch and throttle control right when trying to turn out from a stop, but I think I've finally got it going reasonably smooth now.
Question is, do you guys tend to roll in to red lights/traffic at 3rd/2nd until stopping then go down to first, or do you find yourself shifting down to first before stopping?
I haven't quite figured out if getting out in 2nd gear at a very slow speed is fine.
Starting to get my road positioning and bike control a bit better, i.e. picking the right speeds for a turn without being so much slower than I need to be.

bogan
21-02-10, 12:29 PM
Depends what I have time for in the situation. If it's slow braking, then I'll gradually down gear till first. If it's quite a quick brake, I'll just brake then clutch in and then down gear while standing still. Regardless of the situation, I'll try to tap it down a few times just to make sure before taking off.

bennjamin
21-02-10, 10:27 PM
anyone got a cb400 ? Just got one brand spankers....its a slug under VTEC. Pain , as the first 1000ks must all be under VTEC rev range anyway.
Honda 4's vibrate ALOT.

benxxx
22-02-10, 01:01 AM
cool just wanted to know in terms of maintenance etc

Easy, use good fuel and oil, make sure you don't run out of oil either.

Rebuilds if required are cheap and simple if it's just a top end

ianmallee
22-02-10, 10:33 AM
you can wheelie a 250....i've never done it on a cbr though. i was able to do it on my fzr250 but it took a bit of pulling the handle bars up as well

TONTON
22-02-10, 12:11 PM
what do you guys reckon of the ZR250?

I heard its the fastest L-plater bike?

SfS
22-02-10, 12:32 PM
I thought the rvf400 was or is it vfr? Lol

LOE200
22-02-10, 03:15 PM
nice to know :rolleyes:

Was replying to your post champ

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOE200
22-02-10, 03:16 PM
I thought the rvf400 was or is it vfr? Lol

theres both

to the guy a few posts up, i rode a cb400 for a few days overseas and found it to be a good bike, nice torque

nebuchernezzer
22-02-10, 05:32 PM
There is both but only one of them is LAMs approved.

zawrilla
24-02-10, 09:52 PM
think my speedo cable snapped...dang

Will
26-02-10, 08:22 AM
anybody gonna bring their bikes to the EOMM :lol: :lol:

SfS
26-02-10, 10:42 PM
http://bikerpunks.com/mediaviewer/2472/bmw-s1000rr-high-rpm-valve-operation.html

Interesting indeed :P

DrewMan
27-02-10, 01:01 AM
think my speedo cable snapped...dang

easy to check.

unplug it from the dash and push your bike down the driveway. If the little thingo inside spins, its not your cable

DrewMan
27-02-10, 01:01 AM
anybody gonna bring their bikes to the EOMM :lol: :lol:

I may

Will
27-02-10, 11:16 AM
avalans so far...

haikii
02-03-10, 11:49 AM
saw this on gumtree! freebie motorbike, great project for those who want one! i tried googling cv200 maybe it was a typo was meant to be a cb200

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-motorbikes-motorcycles-scooters-OLD-CV200-MOTORBIKE-W0QQAdIdZ189109939

Will
04-03-10, 02:27 AM
Hey guys ill be attending a sydney riders cruise tomorrow night and i'll be on a green kawasaki ninja 250r

heres the details!

Hey Everyone,
This Thursdays night ride (4th of March) is Up the
"Old Road"Via Lane cove west, west Pymble, Berowra ending "road
warriors" then old pacific back to Sydney.
The meeting place will be
the same as every Thursday. We'll meet at the Shell on Parramatta rd in
five dock next to Officeworks at 7:30pm to leave by 8:00...pm SHARP!
Any riders welcome forward the invite to your friends!
hope you can make it!
Greg
(Full Leathers recommended for this run)
check out our website www.sydneysriders.com

danielb
04-03-10, 08:09 AM
I want an 08-10 CBR1000RR

benxxx
04-03-10, 08:35 AM

me too

Roadster
04-03-10, 09:04 AM
Hey guys ill be attending a sydney riders cruise tomorrow night and i'll be on a green kawasaki ninja 250r

heres the details!

Hey Everyone,
hope you can make it!
Greg

ah, Can I recommend you not go to this run?
I have done old pac night with the sydney knights and I can tell you it was the most scariest experience in my life. it also doesn't help that i had to swap visors with my noob mate, who decided to bring his tinted one along and that the riders that do old pac at night with sydney knights were a bunch of nutters.

Roadster
04-03-10, 09:05 AM

LOL
can you make sure you sell it to me instead of trading it in next time your done with it please?

danielb
04-03-10, 09:26 AM
Hahah, maybe

lightyear
04-03-10, 09:37 AM
Would anyone be interested in buying a Yamaha R6 '05 Rossi Edition. Not really sure if i want to sell it. I am a full time dad now, and i will not get to ride it all that much. In melbourne and would be about $8,500-$9,000. With 20,000km's and near new tyres. Still looks greatl.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6350/rsider6.th.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/rsider6.jpg/)

DrewMan
04-03-10, 11:04 AM

heres the details!

Hey Everyone,
hope you can make it!
Greg

Wish I could go! Got work tomorrow. 4am wakeup :S

Will
04-03-10, 11:17 AM
ah, Can I recommend you not go to this run?
I have done old pac night with the sydney knights and I can tell you it was the most scariest experience in my life. it also doesn't help that i had to swap visors with my noob mate, who decided to bring his tinted one along and that the riders that do old pac at night with sydney knights were a bunch of nutters.

What happen when you went?

Roadster
04-03-10, 07:06 PM
What happen when you went?

I got overtaken by two gixxer's thou's on one wheel in a little straight at old pac in pitch darkness. lol

seriously, I had trouble keeping up with the pack of nutters. I blame the tinted visor.

oh, bike's headlights dont work around corners :)

EvilElmo
04-03-10, 07:17 PM
Never knew bikes were so hard to sell.

Mines been on the market for a good 6 months now. And I have had 2 people contact me about it.

On a variety of websites, and bikesales.

*sigh*

DR-JEKL
04-03-10, 07:43 PM
Never knew bikes were so hard to sell.

Mines been on the market for a good 6 months now. And I have had 2 people contact me about it.

On a variety of websites, and bikesales.

*sigh*

If It's a blade or gixxer I guess because the market is flooded with em?

DR-JEKL
04-03-10, 07:51 PM
I decided to finally buy some bike boots as I figured this could save a few pinkies in the case of an off and picked up a set of Alpinestars SMX4 for $180 online.

http://www.revzilla.com/product_images/0011/0732/Alpinestars_S-MX_4_Boots_Black_zoom.jpg

I really wanted the SMX2's because they didnt go up as far on the leg, hence they will be easier to walk in, but figured the SMX4's would provide more protection and be a 'safer' boot .

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc315/jrfrancisco712/222408_large.jpg

I decided to go for a ride this sarvo, so I figuired I might as well break the new boots in & leave the asics runners behind.

I wasn't off to a good start, as I went to kick the kickstand back up, I knocked the gear lever popping it into gear. Luckily the engine just stalled and dint throw me through the next door neighbours fence.

Once I was out on the road I literally couldn't find or feel the brake pedal at all.

I know these boots are suppose to offer more protection in an accident but christ atm they are nearly causing an accident!

Is it just a case of persevering with the boots, and eventually getting used to them? I felt like I had two left boots on riding the bike!

04-03-10, 09:11 PM
i just got my Ps, anyone got a piece of shit old shitter they don't want lying around? :P

DrewMan
04-03-10, 09:15 PM
Speaking of new boots and $200 later...

These just came in today!

http://www.martimotos.com/catalog/images/SMX%20PLUS%20BLACK_pt.jpg

Should have gone for a ride today with them on but im still waiting for the freaking smash repairers to get back with my rear cowl and speedo cups :S

Other than the fact that you cant feel the rear brake was there anything else about the boots DR-JEKL? Im always under the impression that the more they get used, the more comfortable they become.

What size did you get?

DR-JEKL
04-03-10, 09:30 PM
Speaking of new boots and $200 later...

These just came in today!

http://www.martimotos.com/catalog/images/SMX%20PLUS%20BLACK_pt.jpg

Should have gone for a ride today with them on but im still waiting for the freaking smash repairers to get back with my rear cowl and speedo cups :S

Other than the fact that you cant feel the rear brake was there anything else about the boots DR-JEKL? Im always under the impression that the more they get used, the more comfortable they become.

What size did you get?

Hmm basically the boots felt really wide, and the sole had no flex in it at all.

Also because the boots go half way up your shins, and are really rigid there is no flexibility in manoeuvring your foot for gear changes. I also felt as though I couldn't transfer as much weight on the footpegs during cornering also.

I don't mean to scare you off, just that it's a huuugggeee difference compared to the usual ankle pull on workboots, desert boots etc the sole is very stiff.

I am a size 50, why do you ask?

zawrilla
04-03-10, 11:15 PM
Where did you guys get the boots for such a good price for?
I'm thinking about making a purchase as well purely for the safety aspect.

DR-JEKL
04-03-10, 11:16 PM
Where did you guys get the boots for such a good price for?
I'm thinking about making a purchase as well purely for the safety aspect.

ebay usa dude

DrewMan
04-03-10, 11:50 PM
Hmm basically the boots felt really wide, and the sole had no flex in it at all.

Also because the boots go half way up your shins, and are really rigid there is no flexibility in manoeuvring your foot for gear changes. I also felt as though I couldn't transfer as much weight on the footpegs during cornering also.

I don't mean to scare you off, just that it's a huuugggeee difference compared to the usual ankle pull on workboots, desert boots etc the sole is very stiff.

I am a size 50, why do you ask?

I got a size 44 which alpinestars says is a US 9.5 but I didn't see that until after I bought it.

I just checked my runners and they are a 44 but say US 10 so I was freaking ou. That they'd be too small.

Tried them on when the came in and the first thing that popped into my head was Ace Ventura..."Like a glove!"

Also read around that the alpinestars boots are wide. Which is good since I have flat feet!

Anybody want to buy a new pair of A* GP Plus leather gloves for 120? Size L and a BNWT pair of Dainese Galvestone DDry pants size 52? They'd probably fit somone who wears size 34-36 pants. $150

DrewMan
04-03-10, 11:52 PM
They were birthday presents that didn't fit.

ianmallee
05-03-10, 10:09 AM
Once I was out on the road I literally couldn't find or feel the brake pedal at all.

I know these boots are suppose to offer more protection in an accident but christ atm they are nearly causing an accident!

Is it just a case of persevering with the boots, and eventually getting used to them? I felt like I had two left boots on riding the bike!

keep the boots, i used to ride in dunlops and thought it was better because i could feel the gears
after riding in boots everyday to work i hate riding in sports shoots now
you will get used to them and they will be able to feel the gears soon....

Julz01
05-03-10, 10:38 AM
bit off topic, but yesterday as I was driving in traffic I saw 2 motor bikes hit eachother, One was on the road and riding on in the middle of the road were a divider is which He wasnt supposed to be on and the other was turning on to the road as the cars had stopped to let the turning vechiles go through, as He has taken off and just gotten past the cars, the other bike on the road smashed straight into him.

wasnt a pretty sight I was on the other side of the road driving past so couldnt do anything but highlighted to me how easy it maybe for a rider to take the easy way out on the road but at the same time how the easy way can be the most dangerous.

ianmallee
05-03-10, 11:11 AM
the guy turning in would be at fault i reckon
hes entering traffic and itll be his word against the guy going straight whether or not hes in the wrong...

any thoughts?

Julz01
05-03-10, 11:19 AM
Well the guy going straight was On a part of the road were he wasnt supposed to be, the reason the guy turning didnt see him was the the cars that were on the road had stopped, so he would think that no one was there and the go to move out to turn one traffic was clear, but as the other rider was on the middle strip of road which was checkered out they hit.

I would have thought he would be in the clear but not sure I guuess

ianmallee
05-03-10, 11:28 AM
i see your point but thats like arguing that youre turning right, the red light is on, you go cuz youre in the middle of the road, the guy runs the red hits you but youre in the fault cuz youre turning right....

its still how it shows on the road and the position of the accident

EDIT: just saw that you put on the checkered part of the road....not sure now...hmmmm

Will
05-03-10, 02:02 PM
ebay usa dude

can you recommend a seller on ebay if you have one?

Julz01
05-03-10, 02:15 PM
hehe yea its a hard one, heres where it happened just remembered we are blessed with street view

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hl=en&tab=wl

this is the exact corner that the bike was turning out of and the crossed section were the other bike was riding

ae86slaver
05-03-10, 02:37 PM
^ link no worky

Will
05-03-10, 05:34 PM
Just some photos from last nights cruise with Sydneys Riders

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilsonttang/sets/72157623432254191/

DR-JEKL
05-03-10, 08:14 PM
can you recommend a seller on ebay if you have one?

Hmm will have a look for you... By memory it was superbike something or other...

DrewMan
05-03-10, 08:25 PM
Just some photos from last nights cruise with Sydneys Riders

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilsonttang/sets/72157623432254191/

how was it?

Will
06-03-10, 02:29 AM
how was it?

the ride was mad, until we went to kuringgai national park, it scared the shit out of me, so many turns and my friends ended up leaving me behind. i was stranded on the road for like 15 mins by myself and scared shitless. At one point my brain just froze and i almost rode into a cliff.

But it was an awesome night i tell you that.

danielb
06-03-10, 03:40 AM
I decided to go for a ride this sarvo, so I figuired I might as well break the new boots in & leave the asics runners behind.

I wasn't off to a good start, as I went to kick the kickstand back up, I knocked the gear lever popping it into gear. Luckily the engine just stalled and dint throw me through the next door neighbours fence.

Persevere mate, its worth it. Wont take long at all and you wont be able to go back to riding in normal shoes..

DrewMan
06-03-10, 08:32 AM
the ride was mad, until we went to kuringgai national park, it scared the shit out of me, so many turns and my friends ended up leaving me behind. i was stranded on the road for like 15 mins by myself and scared shitless. At one point my brain just froze and i almost rode into a cliff.

But it was an awesome night i tell you that.

I'll go with you next week and we can be scared shitless together :)

EvilElmo
06-03-10, 10:32 AM
www.newenough.com is also pretty rad for gear buying.

EvilElmo
06-03-10, 04:21 PM
Or you can buy my stuff :) 170cm, 65kg, size 10 US shoe.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs167.snc3/19433_280011563652_521973652_4386189_664968_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs187.snc3/19433_280011588652_521973652_4386192_7950335_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs167.snc3/19433_280011613652_521973652_4386196_8103200_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs187.snc3/19433_280011643652_521973652_4386200_5980551_n.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs167.snc3/19433_280011703652_521973652_4386205_876217_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs167.snc3/19433_280011713652_521973652_4386207_7874663_n.jpg

Will
07-03-10, 02:04 PM
haha im looking for a black alphinestars jacket

Will
11-03-10, 01:13 AM
Hey Everyone,
I don't think the weathers gonna be on our side, but if it holds out this Thursdays night ride (11th of march) is Up to Palm Beach / Avalon Via Lane cove ,Frenches Forest and Terry Hills.
The meeting place will be the same as every Thursday. We'll meet at the Shell on Parramatta rd in five dock next to Offi...ceworks at 7:30pm to leave by 8:00pm SHARP!

hope you can make it!
Greg
check out our website
www.sydneysriders.com

haikii
11-03-10, 05:04 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0f7_1268200756

DrewMan
11-03-10, 05:10 PM
Hey Everyone,
I don't think the weathers gonna be on our side, but if it holds out this Thursdays night ride (11th of march) is Up to Palm Beach / Avalon Via Lane cove ,Frenches Forest and Terry Hills.
The meeting place will be the same as every Thursday. We'll meet at the Shell on Parramatta rd in five dock next to Offi...ceworks at 7:30pm to leave by 8:00pm SHARP!

hope you can make it!
Greg
check out our website
www.sydneysriders.com

Weather doesnt look too bad actually!

ae86slaver
19-03-10, 01:58 PM
any peeps up for a ride tomorrow Saturday 20th - meet at space station shell Lane Cove around 1:30pm for a north run up OP etc

ianmallee
19-03-10, 03:17 PM
whos going? how many people?

ae86slaver
19-03-10, 03:43 PM
at the moment 4 confirmed, still awaiting confirms from others.

Hey your simon's mate hey? I was gonna message him but i don't think i have his number anymore, would love to see his new ride!

ianmallee
19-03-10, 03:58 PM
yeah il let him know tonight and we'll see, pm me your # and if we decide to come out il give you a buzz

LOE200
19-03-10, 04:11 PM
i'll be out in OP tomorrow morning

benxxx
19-03-10, 04:32 PM
I did a small power wheelie past a bus stop of school kids this morning, they were impressed, I was impressed, today was a good day.

SfS
19-03-10, 06:41 PM
I am impressed thoroughly good work my son!

Will
01-04-10, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, me and a group of mates (regulars) are heading up to putty road tonight (1st of April) we're meeting up at shell station at parramatta as usual, we're leaving at 8.00PM SHARP, if you attend we recommend you wear full leathers! there will be pitstops etc like usual.

Invite all your friends!~

Hope to you see you guys there, take care.
Wilson.

DR-JEKL
01-04-10, 04:54 PM
Hey guys, me and a group of mates (regulars) are heading up to putty road tonight (1st of April) we're meeting up at shell station at parramatta as usual, we're leaving at 8.00PM SHARP, if you attend we recommend you wear full leathers! there will be pitstops etc like usual.

Invite all your friends!~

Hope to you see you guys there, take care.
Wilson.

I must be a pu88y, the thought of a putty rd 2 night scares me!

jaayy
01-04-10, 05:22 PM
i might drop by for the meetup before i go to work... will attend a cruise in the next 2 weeks for sure

DR-JEKL
06-04-10, 08:57 PM
Thinking of picking one of these up:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/vemar-eclipse-carbon-helmet#

Has anyone had a carbon fibre lid before? Is there much of a difference in terms of the helmet being more comfortable since it's lighter?

DrewMan
06-04-10, 10:35 PM
Has anyone had a carbon fibre lid before? Is there much of a difference in terms of the helmet being more comfortable since it's lighter?

As stolen from a website;

While light weight is always a plus, it isn't necessarily the only factor to consider. The helmet's center of gravity will affect how the weight is carried, which can make a lighter weight helmet feel heavy and vice versa.

The fit of the helmet is paramount, because a proper fit will distribute the weight more evenly around the head and down through the shoulders.

Id rather go with a higher end well known brand like shoei or arai since i know that i would be getting a quality item.

DR-JEKL
06-04-10, 11:10 PM
As stolen from a website;

While light weight is always a plus, it isn't necessarily the only factor to consider. The helmet's center of gravity will affect how the weight is carried, which can make a lighter weight helmet feel heavy and vice versa.

The fit of the helmet is paramount, because a proper fit will distribute the weight more evenly around the head and down through the shoulders.

Id rather go with a higher end well known brand like shoei or arai since i know that i would be getting a quality item.

Vemar are oem suppliers to aprilia and icon so quality isn't an issue.

They are a relatively unknown brand in Oz, I currently have a Vemar VPS and am very happy with it :)

LOE200
06-04-10, 11:30 PM
On the topic of helmets, hung mine up no the mirror before a Natio run on Friday and BOOM :(

New Shoei is sex though :D

DrewMan
07-04-10, 01:24 AM
On the topic of helmets, hung mine up no the mirror before a Natio run on Friday and BOOM :(

cosmetic damage :D

watch this (http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/clips/arai-helmets/283819/) (about 7 minutes in)

Helmets these days are made to withstand simple drops. A drop from your mirror wont destroy your helmet

LOE200
07-04-10, 01:29 AM
I just needed an excuse, old one becomes pillion now :D

Pics before and after I rode in it :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs367.snc3/23621_416427892316_542217316_5590883_1378997_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs387.snc3/23621_416750452316_542217316_5600943_4674936_n.jpg

jaayy
10-04-10, 12:53 AM
quick question

im heading to canberra from sydney and back and ive only got a textile jacket, with the usual padding, elbow/back/shoulder protectors and wet lining.

ive always needed a leather jacket and thought it'd be the best time to upgrade to a good dianese

BUT ive heard they need to be worn in, because they feel a bit stiff.

would it feel uncomfortable for the 3-4hour trip down?

Will
10-04-10, 10:22 AM
quick question

im heading to canberra from sydney and back and ive only got a textile jacket, with the usual padding, elbow/back/shoulder protectors and wet lining.

ive always needed a leather jacket and thought it'd be the best time to upgrade to a good dianese

nah it will feel good

DrewMan
10-04-10, 09:54 PM
quick question

the first time you wear it, it will feel a little bit stiff since your body hasnt grown accustomed to it yet. By the time you get to canberra, you should be right but get one thats snug and fits you (ie not too tight but not loose and floppy)

Will
15-04-10, 07:13 PM

Will
06-05-10, 09:18 AM
Hey Everyone,
This Thursdays night ride (6th of may) is to Brighton Le Sands.
The meeting place will be the same as every Thursday. We'll meet at the Shell on Parramatta rd in five dock next to Officeworks at 7:30pm to leave by 8:00pm SHARP!
hope you can make it!

Greg
www.sydneysriders.com

ayden_d
07-05-10, 09:31 PM
Hey guys

just been wondering as i'm hoping to get my Ls in a month or so. As I have lost 3 points on my full car licence, will these count towards a bike licence as well? I think i remember them change the laws because suspended drivers would just go out and get a bike.

benxxx
08-05-10, 01:15 AM
points are shared between the two, it would be nice if they weren't haha

ayden_d
08-05-10, 02:11 PM
that's what I thought but as I have already lost 3 points on my car licence will that mean I will only have one point on my bike?

danielb
08-05-10, 06:39 PM
Nah i'm pretty sure you'd still have 4?

wait, Ls doesn't really have any 'points' as such, if you get done for anything on your L's your bike licence will be suspended

ayden_d
08-05-10, 06:55 PM
Yeah that's what I thought but then I read on the rta site

"From 28 September 2009, demerit points apply to learner licence holders. A learner licence will be suspended or refused if the threshold of four (4) demerit points is reached or exceeded."

Rkds
10-05-10, 09:42 PM
Finally haha.
I can not wait.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/rkds92/e205a38f.png

*an2
12-05-10, 10:51 PM
good luck man .. your L's eys ?

Perry
13-05-10, 12:08 PM
Good luck, Man ill be out of the bike scene for a bit *sigh* =(

kriZy
13-05-10, 12:53 PM
cosmetic damage :D

watch this (http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/clips/arai-helmets/283819/) (about 7 minutes in)

Helmets these days are made to withstand simple drops. A drop from your mirror wont destroy your helmet

thanks for sharing this DrewMan,

I left my helmet on my mirror. My mate jumped on the bike next to mine and as his left foot lifted up, he kicked my helmet off my mirror and it fell!
i thought i needed to replace it after that, mind u its also an ARAI.

I was about to buy another one on sunday but got distracted and didnt end up getting it. ALL GOOD NOW :)

Roadster
13-05-10, 06:24 PM
thanks for sharing this DrewMan,

I left my helmet on my mirror. My mate jumped on the bike next to mine and as his left foot lifted up, he kicked my helmet off my mirror and it fell!
i thought i needed to replace it after that, mind u its also an ARAI.

I was about to buy another one on sunday but got distracted and didnt end up getting it. ALL GOOD NOW :)

you shouldn't be leaving your helmet on the mirror anyway. It does more damage than a drop.

SfS
13-05-10, 07:16 PM
Was I the only one this morning freezing my ass off haha?

DrewMan
14-05-10, 12:41 AM
Finally haha.
I can not wait.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/rkds92/e205a38f.png

just pray you dont get Dave.

Hes psycho crazy

jaayy
14-05-10, 03:48 AM
Was I the only one this morning freezing my ass off haha?

ive gotten to the point where i dont even notice the cold-twitching anymore hehe

kriZy
14-05-10, 11:49 AM
you shouldn't be leaving your helmet on the mirror anyway. It does more damage than a drop.

Yep after that I learnt my lesson,
now it sits on the floor or on the footpeg.

Will
14-05-10, 01:22 PM
i want a zx10r...

benxxx
14-05-10, 02:12 PM
What year ?

SfS
15-05-10, 01:02 AM
ive gotten to the point where i dont even notice the cold-twitching anymore hehe

It just felt like my hands were in a bucket of ice for 20 mins lol.

Will
15-05-10, 07:09 AM
What year ?

2009 ? 2010 ?

stupid red P's

Taikyu
18-05-10, 01:38 PM
I'm heading to USA soon and I wanted to know what bike gear can I get there for cheap? Anyone been or know of any good shops? (visiting L.A, Las Vegas and New York) Helmets aside since we need a ADR sticker for our helmets.

LOE200
18-05-10, 03:20 PM
Leathers, exhausts, clip ons

Whatever man !

I just picked up a 2 piece suit and boots all top of the line for the price the jacket alone goes for here in Aus

I don't know of any shops but Ive been dealing with SportBike Track Gear in Michigan

Taikyu
18-05-10, 04:53 PM
Saved alot of $$$ right there... How much was your shipping?
I was thinking more of something unique or something you can't get here, anyone know of anything?

LOE200
18-05-10, 05:35 PM
Shipping cost me $60USD for 2 jackets, leather pants, 2 pairs of boots

I can't really say whats unique but I know that the catalgoue ranges for even regular gear is much wider in US

Icon would make for some "unique" stuff you don't see around here though

SfS
04-06-10, 07:07 PM
Freakin hellllllllllll yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh got my full license today ladies! Now the search for more power shall start!

chindodood
04-06-10, 07:30 PM
Freakin hellllllllllll yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh got my full license today ladies! Now the search for more power shall start!

wat bike u got for sale then :P

SfS
04-06-10, 07:39 PM
Hyosung GT250r, I may actually post it up on here ay.

Rkds
04-06-10, 07:40 PM
How much do you want for it?
I'm looking for the same bike.
Got my l's :).

chindodood
04-06-10, 07:42 PM
yeah post it up

i got my eye on red ninja :)

but 2 of my friends still lookin for bikes :D

chindodood
05-06-10, 11:46 AM
lets go cruising if i get my bike today =]

jaayy
05-06-10, 06:22 PM
Oooh sydney jdmst rider cruise?

chindodood
05-06-10, 06:46 PM
ok lets go :) make one hehe
got ninja 250r red one :D

DrewMan
06-06-10, 04:53 PM
Nooooooo! Not another ninja!

chindodood
06-06-10, 06:08 PM
only for a year :D
i want r6

jaayy
06-06-10, 11:59 PM
Yeh same story here... The ninjas only for learning/stacking/dropping untill I'm half way through my reds. Except ill probly end up on a yamaha xj6n for my next bike. Naked bikes are siiiiick

PA70NG
07-06-10, 01:43 AM
If anyones after an R6, PM me for a mint red/white 08 with low kms

SfS
21-07-10, 07:20 PM
New tyres with my new fender eliminator and Carbon fibre heel guards woo!

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/732/p7210153.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/i/p7210153.jpg/)

mxcrazy
21-07-10, 07:27 PM
Looks awesome mate.. I'd grab a set of oggy knobs asap though, it's definitely a worthwhile investment should you go down, especially with those fairings

SfS
21-07-10, 07:28 PM
I think i've heard more bad stories about them then positive, theres only one set of sliders i'd buy that look like they would actually work, problem is they are a custom one off from what i've been told.

SfS
21-07-10, 07:35 PM
Sliders like thiiiiiiis

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3130/086p211200.jpg (http://img803.imageshack.us/i/086p211200.jpg/)

mxcrazy
23-07-10, 12:42 PM
Yeah, those frame sliders look wicked, and they're not too obtrusive either. Wonder where I can get a set?

SfS
23-07-10, 12:51 PM
From memory that guy got a custom one off set made up, so I have nooo idea lol.

mxcrazy
23-07-10, 05:39 PM
When I was at the track, one of the guys there had similar ones of his cbr1k, but he said he bought the bike like that.

DR-JEKL
23-07-10, 05:52 PM
I have heard similiar stories of the oggy knobs causing the bike to flip over, thus causing more damage then what would have been without the knobs....

If it's a low speed drop, or the bike falls over off the stand it could help though...

mxcrazy
23-07-10, 06:54 PM
Yeah, definitely right...

felixR
18-08-10, 11:31 AM
Anyone here know a Nelson that rides a blue Yamaha R1/R6?

felixR
18-08-10, 11:43 AM
no one?

PA70NG
18-08-10, 12:16 PM

felixR
18-08-10, 12:30 PM
:(

DrewMan
18-08-10, 01:43 PM
Does he owe you money Felix?

felixR
18-08-10, 04:16 PM
He passed away this morning :(

ae86slaver
18-08-10, 04:28 PM
did he go down on Vic road yesterday arvo?

felixR
18-08-10, 04:36 PM
nope, in front of my house this morning at around 545.. me and my bro were first on the scene

i'm quite sad :( we did what we could before the ambulance arrived :( he lost consciousness when the ambos arrived.. then i'm not sure what happened after that, it could have been internal

ae86slaver
18-08-10, 04:56 PM
oh crap, sorry to hear :(

PA70NG
18-08-10, 04:59 PM
nope, in front of my house this morning at around 545.. me and my bro were first on the scene

i'm quite sad :( we did what we could before the ambulance arrived :( he lost consciousness when the ambos arrived.. then i'm not sure what happened after that, it could have been internal

Sorry to hear and respect to you and your brother for trying to help out.

RIP.

DrewMan
18-08-10, 05:36 PM
how did it happen felix?

PA70NG
18-08-10, 05:40 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think its very respectful to discuss the death of someone who isn't even affiliated with this forum in such a public way.

felixR
18-08-10, 06:15 PM
got a few more details.. quite sad :(

SfS
18-08-10, 06:29 PM
I'm guessing it was a motorcycle accident?

RIP and my condolences.

jaayy
19-08-10, 12:34 AM
Fuck dude.. Never good when a fellow rider goes down.

My condolences

Will
19-08-10, 10:06 AM
Some Info, If you want your picture taken this weekend. :D

BIKEPHOTO.COM.AU
Hi all.

Providing the weather is going to hold out (and the forecast looks good) I will be roadside in the Royal National Park this Saturday 21st August from about midday on.

My initial exact location will be on McKell Ave (http://bikephoto.com.au/locations_bikephoto.html)
but after that I may roam north a bit and get some of the faster sections.

Hope to see you out there, ride safe and don\'t forget to vote.

Cheers,
Dave.

If you want to unsubscribe from this mailing list please return an email with unsubscribe in the subject and I will attend to it immediately.

PA70NG
19-08-10, 11:21 AM
Lol, just saw that this morning. Sounds interesting but with the amount of cops Ive been hearing about in RNP :/

jaayy
22-08-10, 09:13 PM
Anyone taking the bike out to this months jdmst?

Me and another member are riding down, would be good to see more bikes from here...

SfS
22-08-10, 09:16 PM
Was thinking about it, not sure if I will yet or not.

Will
02-09-10, 12:33 AM
Wisemans Ferry Ride @ Portland head park

Please join me for SYDNEYS RIDERS 1000TH MEMBER RIDE & BBQ DAY! I?m holding the fundraiser in support of Cancer Council NSW & would be honoured if you would join me. Even if you don't ride, come for the BBQ & support as family and friends are welcome too!!

Below is the official Cancer council donation page
http://nsw.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=222666

For everyone who is coming for the ride
Meet:Shell Fivedock near officeworks and Mcdonalds on Parramatta road
Time:8:30am , September 12th 2010

Hope to see you there!!
Greg
www.sydneysriders.com

anybody in ? :D

mxcrazy
02-09-10, 11:46 AM
yeah, i might come along for the ride if i've got my bike back...

Will
04-09-10, 11:11 AM
shitttty weather ...

benxxx
07-09-10, 10:16 PM
Bought a HRC quick action throttle today, can't wait to fit it. 1/6th (60deg) turn to full throttle instead of 1/4 of a turn

SfS
08-09-10, 05:55 PM
Awesome/interesting :P