PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura Installation help

Will
24-01-10, 12:07 AM
hey guys, few months back i purchased a stainless steel yoshimura exhaust slip on for my kawasaki ninja 250r. I've been riding for a few months and i'm kind of sick of the exhaust sound cause its too fuking loud.

i remember when i bought the exhaust it came with this extra pipe, i've googled around and apparently its called a Baffle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/xabstractx/DSCN2764.jpg

I wanna install this onto my exhaust to decrease the sound level because i've read that it makes it more deeper and quiet. right now my bike sounds like a tractor/ wrx.

there was no instructions relating to this pipe and i want to install it but i don't know how.

any tips? :lol:

kev.inc
24-01-10, 12:34 AM
Just shove it in the exhaust hole. Seems simple enough.:P

DrewMan
24-01-10, 10:08 AM
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/896/defect.jpg

Theres your problem! lol

blackster
24-01-10, 02:02 PM
Perhaps helpful?

How to Remove Yoshimura Baffles

By Kevin Whipps

Step 1

Insert a metal drill bit into the drill that is approximately the diameter of the rivets located on the end cap of the Yoshimura muffler. Drill out each rivet using the drill, until the end cap can be completely removed from the exhaust.

Step 2

Unbolt the baffle from the muffler, using an open-end wrench, then place the baffle to the side. Place thread-locking compound on the bolt that previously held the baffle in place, and tighten it through the baffle mounting hole with a locknut, so the muffler doesn't have a leak.

Step 3

Place the end cap back on the muffler and insert a rivet into one of the holes where you drilled out a rivet in Step 1. Place the rivet gun onto the shank of the rivet and pull the trigger, tightening the rivet in place. Repeat this for all remaining rivets until the muffler is reassembled.

You know you may loose some torque/hp.

Will
25-01-10, 02:32 PM
i don't wanna remove that baffle, i wanna put that extra pipe or whatever it is on

blackster
25-01-10, 06:26 PM
i don't wanna remove that baffle, i wanna put that extra pipe or whatever it is on

Use the instructions in reverse as a guide to apply baffle.

If that doesnt help, try emailing yoshimura directly?

Zc1600
25-01-10, 06:48 PM
there's a exhaust that some company in the UK (i think) made for the 250r, its a shorty like the gixxers use and it comes in different colors, looks hot + you can adjust the exhaust sound (restricted or full power depening on what mods you have done) sounds nice i must admit! maybe sell the Yosh to get that?? lol

wngo
25-01-10, 06:57 PM
my mate has one of these mufflers on his ninja

sounds like shit

true story

Zc1600
25-01-10, 07:01 PM
is it?? i heard it on youtube i think, sounded ok

Will
25-01-10, 08:00 PM
i took it off and shoved my stock one back one zzzzzz