PDA

View Full Version : Group Rides

SamB87
26-02-10, 08:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here attends any group rides. I attended my first last night, with everyone meeting up at the Shell servo on Parramatta Rd at Dee Why every Thursday night. There was about 50 bikes, which I thought was pretty big, yet I've nothing else to go off.

Wasn't a bad ride either, up through Bobbin Head and finishing at Hooters at Parramatta. Learners are always welcome they say, so I got dragged in by a mate.

SUROK
26-02-10, 08:08 PM
so that was you in bobbin head last night. who organised that?

benxxx
26-02-10, 08:22 PM
I'm not really down with group rides, so many dickheads attend, I prefer a people I know or on my own

*an2
26-02-10, 08:35 PM
^^ true to that ..

EvilElmo
26-02-10, 09:13 PM
^^ true to that ..

Yeah seen too many offs happen during group rides because inexperience riders try and keep up, but can't and too many 'experienced' riders push it harder than usual to look hella pro and something goes wrong.

SamB87
26-02-10, 09:56 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like riding with family and mates too. However, this ride was actually pretty well organised and pretty well behaved too. Since there was such a difference in riders, everyone took it easy up to bobbin head, then once we got into the park, we split into groups. Most confident up front, less confident in the rear. And no more than 5 or 6 to a group. No one was pushed at all, a fun night all in all.

And yeah that was us at Bobbin head last night SUROK.

Kyon
27-02-10, 02:09 AM
That was the Sydney Riders ride - They usually ride every Thursday night, leaving from Five Dock Mobil.

It's pretty well organised for a group ride. Greg Ferraina organises most of them, (one of the store managers at MCAS in the city)

They've got a facebook group here (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9708284062)

c0LL1n
28-02-10, 12:18 AM
Yep greg is a good bloke and sydney riders is a decent group to ride with. Yes its true the chances of an accident are most likely higher since there are so many riders and sometimes you get caught up in the moment...

Ive ridden with Sydney riders a few times and they encourage/recommend the less experienced riders to stick to the back and take it easy. As compared to another group which has a few too many "rossi" wannabes and try overtake mid corner in a single lane... :S

Perry
28-02-10, 12:33 AM
I'm planning on organising one soon if anyone is interested.

DrewMan
28-02-10, 01:19 AM

sounds good let me know

joebloyo
28-02-10, 03:08 PM

injuction with ozhonda? the 7th?

Perry
28-02-10, 08:23 PM
injuction with ozhonda? the 7th?

Yeah might as well there isnt much ozhonda riders so it will be good to meet up regardless if they ride a honda or not its just a nice social gathering.

Will
07-03-10, 08:16 PM
sounds good let me know

same

LAG-929
07-03-10, 09:03 PM
Anyone go there from the st ives area?

i've got a 2009 cb400

Would be good to ride with some JDM boys