PDA

View Full Version : visors

jaayy
23-03-10, 09:58 AM
are iridium visors legal?

thinking of buying one this arvo or tomorow. ive only got a clear and im tossing up between the iridium and tinted.

what do you recomend? any experience with them safety-wise?

Will
23-03-10, 10:23 AM
yes they are,

i have a gold one on one of my helmets, bought it MCA, never been pulled over or had anything said by the cops.

benxxx
23-03-10, 12:09 PM
I much prefer tinted after using both.

becareful of scratches on the iridium too, I got one in a very annoying place right in the line of sight, killed me haha.

as far as I know, all tinted visors are "race use only" but I've never heard of anyone getting done for it.

DrewMan
23-03-10, 02:20 PM
theres no rule that says you need visors full stop. Although tinted/iridium visors are only reccommended for daytime use theres nothing that says you cant use them at night but why youd want to ride blind is beyond me.

ae86slaver
23-03-10, 02:59 PM
some iridiums fade, so be aware to keep them protected and not overly wiped with chemicals

c0LL1n
23-03-10, 03:04 PM
as others have stated some visors are strictly for race use cause they are really dark like the one i got. pretty much visors arent that different with each brand, maybe thickness difference's but dont think i have seen one shatter into pieces or anything like that...

but seriously when i used to ride in the morning and come back near sunset, haveing a tinted visors makes the biggest difference. when i had my clear one i used to have to put one hand up to cover the light cause it would shine directly into my eyes. but then when i got my tinted visors didnt have to worry! :D

evilmai
23-03-10, 03:21 PM
riding at nights with tints is fukd but u get use to it.
unless ur bothered to carry the other with u.

jaayy
23-03-10, 04:46 PM
as others have stated some visors are strictly for race use cause they are really dark like the one i got. pretty much visors arent that different with each brand, maybe thickness difference's but dont think i have seen one shatter into pieces or anything like that...

but seriously when i used to ride in the morning and come back near sunset, haveing a tinted visors makes the biggest difference. when i had my clear one i used to have to put one hand up to cover the light cause it would shine directly into my eyes. but then when i got my tinted visors didnt have to worry! :D

yeh i picked the tinted one. at only 50bux i was tempted to buy the iridium aswell

massive improvement riding into the sun. minimal sunglare, cash well spent

DrewMan
23-03-10, 06:35 PM
yeh i picked the tinted one. at only 50bux i was tempted to buy the iridium aswell

massive improvement riding into the sun. minimal sunglare, cash well spent

wow thats cheap

I have a shoei and the iridium visors are like $120

I have a clear, tinted and blue iridium one

Will
23-03-10, 07:13 PM
i still need to get myself an AGV one but i'm so cheap, $60

jaayy
23-03-10, 10:53 PM
wow thats cheap

I have a shoei and the iridium visors are like $120

I have a clear, tinted and blue iridium one

geeebus where are you shopping?!

zawrilla
28-03-10, 09:24 PM
This is something I definitely need to invest in. I need one for my Shoei.

jbird
29-03-10, 12:28 PM
Vision with an iridium visor is somewhere in between clear and tinted. Chrome Iridium finish is the best, I can still ride at night with it so not that big a deal.

Riding with a tinted visor is like riding blind.

jaayy
29-03-10, 03:10 PM
agreed.

if i dont bring my clear then i have to ride with the visor open at night. speedo and rev lights are really dim with the visor closed

if you ride with the visor half open all the wind goes straight to your eyes

DrewMan
29-03-10, 05:57 PM
geeebus where are you shopping?!

thats just how much they cost!

i have a shoei xr-1100

zawrilla
29-03-10, 11:22 PM
thats just how much they cost!

i have a shoei xr-1100

Yeah I have the same and was turned off buying a visor because that was the price I saw.

Which graphic design do you have drewman? I bought the 'Warlord'.

jaayy
29-03-10, 11:25 PM
Yeah I have the same and was turned off buying a visor because that was the price I saw.

ah fair enough

im running an ogk helmet, badly wanted a shoei but most were too tight around the cheeks and ached if i slightly moved my mouth

DrewMan
29-03-10, 11:27 PM

gloss black. I didnt really find the themes all that appealing to be honest

the black went with the rest of my gear anyway.

DrewMan
29-03-10, 11:29 PM
ah fair enough

im running an ogk helmet, badly wanted a shoei but most were too tight around the cheeks and ached if i slightly moved my mouth

you should have gone with some custom cheek pads. The helmets come with a size 35. I got a 33 and they fit perfectly now but they go all the way down to 31. you also need to wear it for a few months before they mould to your head and face anyway

jbird
30-03-10, 12:45 PM
We get ripped off in Australia cause we have such a small market for riders

My friend bought a couple iridium visors whilst in the states for like $40 aus each. If you have a look on Ebay I reckon you can get one sent here for less than $120 for sure.