PDA

View Full Version : [Syd] 20v Corolla Seca SX

Tazz
10-04-07, 10:45 PM
I know it's not entirely JDM.. but it's got a JDM heart....

It'll be on the market/ready to go in the next 2 months, just a few small things that I want to fix up before selling it :D

I'm after $8500 with the 4AGE number plates that are currently on the car.

The engine conversion was completed approx 40k km's ago and off the top of my head the following were replaced.
- water pump
- timing belt
- accessory belts
- front and rear main seals
- new clutch and flywheel machined

Car is engineered and i have receipts for almost all the work done to the car, I've never added them up as I'm too scared to work out how much i've spent. I've got an idea but we'll leave it at that.

ENGINE
AE101 silvertop 20v (approx 130k km on engine)
Foam Filter element in factory airbox (came with halfcut, unknown brand)
Perma-Cool oil cooler
TRD leads
New genuine toyota engine mounts put in less than a month ago ($160 each)

DRIVETRAIN
20v Gearbox
20v equal length driveshafts
Shortshifter

BRAKES & SUSPENSION
Series 2 brakes up front with DBA discs and EBC Greenstuff pads.
DOT 4 fluid EBC 307+ fluid
Noltec/Pedders bushes all round
Lovells sport low springs
Ultima shocks
pedders camber bolts on front (-1.5 camber front and -1 on rear)

WHEELS
Simmons OM16's with 205/45R16 TOYO Proxes 4's

EXTERIOR
Respray in 200sx S14A red
Black roof
Sx front lip - filled in the centre
Colour coded door handles

INTERIOR
Recaro SR-3 drivers seat
Momo wheel and gear knob thingy
Idiot/shift Light

STEREO
Pioneer headunit
2xJL 12" subs
Schneider amplifier
Pioneer speakers

http://members.optusnet.com.au/michaelfinney/corolla/39-2.JPG

http://members.optusnet.com.au/michaelfinney/corolla/IMG_6142-2.JPG

http://members.optusnet.com.au/michaelfinney/corolla/DD14.JPG

MFN-MAN
11-04-07, 01:01 AM
willing to part with the plates? :P

Sp33dY
11-04-07, 10:31 AM
JUST WONDEring what engine was in it before the 20v? was it a earlier 4age 100kw model, or a later 1.8L (i think it was?) model?

Have u ever been down the 1/4 mile with it?

4agte
11-04-07, 10:50 AM
there has been alot of money poured into this car and has had all the right things fixed up not just modified

i.e. one thing left out in the ad is that the driveshafts have been rebuilt with brand new cv's during the engine swap something that people either usually dont think of doing or skimp on

also another thing that comes to mind is all new genuine toyota engine mounts done very recently

good luck with the sale

Babalouie
11-04-07, 11:56 AM
Agree with 4AGTE. This is a really tidy little car with all the right areas addressed properly. Would be a great starter car for anyone getting into motorsport, and it presents really well, too.

Tazz
11-04-07, 07:00 PM
JUST WONDEring what engine was in it before the 20v? was it a earlier 4age 100kw model, or a later 1.8L (i think it was?) model?

Have u ever been down the 1/4 mile with it?

engine prior to this was the smallport 16v or 100kw variant.

have taken it down teh quarter and i'm not the best straight line driver and managed a best of 16.3 - car should be capable of high 15's with the octane booster (dyno proven to make an extra 6.5fwkw - have dyno sheets to show this) Although it was consistant running almost identical trap speeds and 60 foot times for almost all of the runs, so if you are interested in sport fwd bracket attack it would be very competitive aswell.

MFN-MAN, how much you willing to offer? :P i'll put the old RO11AA plates back on it if someone offers the right amount for teh plates

marty/4agte: i think $8500 is fair.. but once i've fixed up the few little things on teh car (new carpet etc) i'll be asking $9500 on carsales.

Nobbsy
11-04-07, 07:58 PM
Ze little red rocket will be sorely missed. I too can attest to the high quality of workmanship and attention to detail paid to this car.

PyRoMaNiAc
12-04-07, 09:25 PM
wtf.... no!

xero
14-04-07, 01:13 AM
"why ron?why!?... oohhh i hate you ron i hate you!!"

this thing is the business having driven my mates stock one which i thought was friggen fantastic, this thing is in another league!!

who ever buys it better look after it...

Buddy
14-04-07, 01:45 PM
great looking car, very fast. reliable

Luc
14-04-07, 01:47 PM
looks nice....

but i dunno about the 16 sec quarter time. did you launch it?

Buddy
14-04-07, 03:48 PM
16 sec.. u saying its too fast or too slow.. mike isnt a reatrd at driving

Luc
14-04-07, 06:34 PM
i just thought it would be quicker. like 1 sec quicker or so.

4agte
14-04-07, 07:27 PM
nah not really might be able to get it into the high 15s probably with more practice

Babalouie
14-04-07, 07:37 PM
Drag racing is (rather oddly) a lot harder than you think.

First time I did it, I got a 16.5 out of the Luce (and it's auto, so you'd think it'd be a no brainer). It actually took a fair bit of concentration to get it down to 15.8, and that was not an optimal run still. If you put together the best 0-60ft time with the best ET, it would have been 0.4s faster still.

Luc
15-04-07, 01:35 AM
fair enough. i have no experience, I just thought mid low 15's would be what you'd make ???

I mean, i know it sounds dumb no experience but knowing times.

But I guess you can kinda get a feel of how quick a car is by knowing about its stats etc.

Babalouie
15-04-07, 01:39 AM
fair enough. i have no experience, I just thought mid low 15's would be what you'd make ???

I mean, i know it sounds dumb no experience but knowing times.

But I guess you can kinda get a feel of how quick a car is by knowing about its stats etc.

Well it's probably a 15s car based on the power it makes, it's just that you wouldn't get down to your optimum time on your first visit to the 'strip, that's all.

It's actually I spose, similar to how you wouldn't judge how fast a car is based on a person's laptime on their very first visit to a particular track.

Luc
15-04-07, 01:47 AM
fair enough :)

I guess you are right.

Sometiems going from Concept to Reality is a bit more complicated.

fatboyz39
15-04-07, 08:26 AM
Damn that car runs abit lean.... might need an ecu to fix that up

Tazz
15-04-07, 11:36 AM
or adjust the AFM....

4agte
15-04-07, 12:01 PM
14.3 - 14.5 isnt all that bad for n/a if it was f/i you might have some issues

if it was too lean/pinging sas would have aborted the run

danielb
26-04-07, 08:41 PM
Good luck with the sale mate.

What will be replacing it?

Levos1
27-04-07, 01:44 PM
OH No!!!!
Why Mikeyy!
Why..........!

Tazz
27-04-07, 01:54 PM
Good luck with the sale mate.

What will be replacing it?

the replacement was going to be something along the lines of a 4 door R32, sil80 etc etc.. but yeah after some douchebag gave me a lowballing offer of $5800 i'm pretty keen on just keeping it rather than sell it to some idiot and take a huge loss. it's reliable and does everything i need it to so at this point i'm going to keeep it for a while longer.

I can get a new car through a lease from work so if i'm desperate for something new i'll probably just keep this on the side and turn it into a dedicated track/weekend car.

Levos1
27-04-07, 05:42 PM
oooh exciting!
I am glad we had this talk!