PDA

View Full Version : Crash Knob Installation

Will
03-06-10, 12:03 PM
Anybody know how to install crash knobs?

willing to pay for installation.

i have a kawasaki ninja 250r with no CUT crash knobs.

I called Bikebiz and they quoted me $110 and Red Baron quoted me $100 but they said they've never done no cut crash knobs before

ianmallee
03-06-10, 12:24 PM
http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-250r/135171-shogun-no-cut-crash-kit-installation.html

pretty straight forward....id give it a go if it was on my own bike but not comfortable doing it on someone else's bike that i don't know.
give it a go mate, you'll be suprised how easy it is

Will
03-06-10, 03:21 PM
http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-250r/135171-shogun-no-cut-crash-kit-installation.html

pretty straight forward....id give it a go if it was on my own bike but not comfortable doing it on someone else's bike that i don't know.
give it a go mate, you'll be suprised how easy it is

yeah i read that ages ago, its just not as easy as it looks :neutral:

ianmallee
03-06-10, 05:26 PM
if you dont have the confidence to do it and are willing to pay someone $50 for the work (mind you it looks like a 2 hour job for someone who hasnt done it), then might as well pay the extra and get bikebiz to do it. no harm in trying it yourself if you have all the tools ready.

there's been heaps of DIY jobs that i've tried with little/no knowledge then what you have in the link i sent you and it's always worked out, will take longer but that's the fun/satisfaction of spending the afternoon trying. if it doesn't work, bolt it back up again and take it to the professionals.

Will
03-06-10, 05:29 PM
if you dont have the confidence to do it and are willing to pay someone $50 for the work (mind you it looks like a 2 hour job for someone who hasnt done it), then might as well pay the extra and get bikebiz to do it. no harm in trying it yourself if you have all the tools ready.

there's been heaps of DIY jobs that i've tried with little/no knowledge then what you have in the link i sent you and it's always worked out, will take longer but that's the fun/satisfaction of spending the afternoon trying. if it doesn't work, bolt it back up again and take it to the professionals.

i've already tried putting them on... long story..

ianmallee
03-06-10, 05:53 PM
take it to bikebiz....lol

DrewMan
03-06-10, 06:28 PM
I dont see why you couldnt do this yourself man...

blackster
03-06-10, 08:48 PM
I got some crash nobs for my ninja 250r that i have yet to install, not as complicated as the SHOGUN installation, although the fairings have to come off. Wont be putting it on yet, as I will do it together with the exhaust install.

If your not confident than $100 installation is not that expensive, do you have the work shop manual for your 250R? It helped me alot with the fender eliminator install & will assist with pretty much all mods.

Will
14-06-10, 05:46 PM
managed to install them myself woo

thanks anyway

PA70NG
14-06-10, 06:37 PM
How hard was it, did you use a torque wrench?

My no-cut frame sliders have just come in, bit worried I'll fuck up undoing the engine mounts and doing them back up :/

Will
15-06-10, 12:31 AM
How hard was it, did you use a torque wrench?

My no-cut frame sliders have just come in, bit worried I'll fuck up undoing the engine mounts and doing them back up :/

thing was with mine, the bolt was stuck on the thread of the pole , long story tho but its all good now.

this is what i followed

http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-250r/119815-diy-install-intuitive-frame-sliders.html