PDA

View Full Version : Hot Version (DVD series)

somos
09-11-10, 11:45 AM
Not to be confused with Best Motoring (which covers new cars in stock form). Hot Version is a tuner's show with both small and large workshops in Japan sending their cars in to be tested on the Touge.

The cars are separated into 4 classes: Touge Showdown 100, Touge Showdown 200, Touge Showdown 300 and Touge Showdown Max Class.

It's presented by Keiichi Tsuchiya, Nob Tanaguchi, Manabu Orido, Juichi Wakisaka, Akira Iida, Yasuyuki Kazama, Yoichi Imamura and Nobushige Kumakubo.

The aim of the show is to find the most balanced car for each class. One that feels competent and planted on the uneven surface of the mountain road, whilst also being the fastest down the mountain pass (which is closed off to the public for the filming of the show).

ram
09-11-10, 11:48 AM
I always thought Hot Version was a segment in Best Motoring, or something along those lines

somos
09-11-10, 12:09 PM
I always thought Hot Version was a segment in Best Motoring, or something along those lines

It's produced by the same company and has many of the same hosts. But it's a separate show. :)

whyte
09-11-10, 01:07 PM
is there a site that lists all the hot verson series for download? :P

S30Mike
09-11-10, 01:21 PM
is there a site that lists all the hot verson series for download? :P

Buy the DVDs legit?:D

i have like 80 episodes of hotversion/BMI i love it.

The Gunsai touge segment is awesome, the feedback from the drivers is awesome and its great to see all the parts lists on the cars and the specs. Good to get new ideas for our own cars!

I love it when Oka-chan from yashio factory features his cars, i love his tuning principles, i was even lucky enough to MEET him at Autosalon this year! he is a top guy!

Iain
09-11-10, 02:47 PM
wish they would hire some gaijin though to translate haha

S30Mike
09-11-10, 02:51 PM
wish they would hire some gaijin though to translate haha

Mine all have subs?

whyte
09-11-10, 03:15 PM
must be the downloaded version as they don't have subs lol
yes i love yashio factory cars too!

TIG_DC2_ITR
18-12-10, 11:26 PM
where can you buy the DVD's from?

THEEYA
19-12-10, 01:58 AM
you can get it off amazon/ebay can only find vol 1/3 on ebay though

Jace.
19-12-10, 11:08 AM
I want to learn to read/write Japanese primarily to be able to search Japanese Youtube for Hot Version vids.
There's a few awesome ones I've seen but can't find when I want to see them again!