PDA

View Full Version : Fatlace & Illest stickers

Chewbacca
10-02-11, 07:11 PM
So they've been 'the rage' for a while.. They seem to have taken off after 'Risky Devil' started rocking them in 08 or whenever it was and then peeps googled them and ended up at the FL store..
Anyone got a legitimate reason as to why they run them?
What do you think of them?
If you don't run one, would you or wouldnt you?

In my opinion they are ridiculous, might as well have a 'Jetpilot' sticker or a massive 'DC' sticker on the back of a VY ute, it's the same shit, its a clothing brand, Ken Block runs DC and drives cars and has shit that people worship yet you'd be seen as a 'bogan' or a fag if you rocked one of those yet having Illest or Fatlace decals on an angle on your back window is now all JDM and such..

I've got no problem with the clothes, I actually own a shirt and a jacket

The stickers make me sick. anyway. discussion on..

clutch-monkey
10-02-11, 07:29 PM
In my opinion they are ridiculous, might as well have a 'Jetpilot' sticker or a massive 'DC' sticker on the back of a VY ute, it's the same shit

+1, no different. at least shopping lists listing car parts manufacturers make sense haha.
i do think stickers in general do suit some style of cars irrespective of what the stickers themselves actually are though

.:JDM/Dave:.
10-02-11, 07:30 PM
I think it's more the fact that people appreciate a design studio that recognizes tuning culture whom attempt to cater to the scene in their own way. I have a fatlace sticker (JPN TWN) amongst my sticker spammed quarter window, but I also have an Import Bible sticker. You tell me the difference? Neither produce JDM parts or tune cars, both produce quality designs and apparel whilst simultaneously contributing to/supporting the car scene, albeit Import Bible is more JDM focused but that's how I see it.

I don't believe there is a right, wrong or prerequisite to run a certain sticker, sure theres a limit like a mugen sticker on a camry being stupid but that's just logic. I think Illest stickers are a little more contextual because they are more so associated with the fitment scene.

I love fatlace's designs and I love Dave's (Import Bible) T-Shirt designs and im more than happy to show my support for both on my car.

If it makes you happy, then run it. If other people like it too then that's just a bonus :3

SUROK
10-02-11, 07:33 PM
its the same. the people on here who rock them are just our bogans.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs254.snc3/23281_120568561287427_5306_n.jpg

trism
10-02-11, 07:40 PM
at least we dont have our forum usernames on our cars tho right???

SUROK
10-02-11, 07:41 PM
on another forum im on.. we pretty much all have that. it makes it easier to walk up to a person and know who they are. or to address them over the radio.

philz
10-02-11, 07:42 PM
*ba boom tish*

CallMeKay
10-02-11, 07:43 PM
its the same. the people on here who rock them are just our bogans.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs254.snc3/23281_120568561287427_5306_n.jpg

I dont even know how to respond to how stupid this sounds.

SUROK
10-02-11, 07:45 PM
you realise its exactly the same thing right?

in their group of friends and peers, having a UNIT sticker on your car is considered cool.

over here on jdmst, having a fatlace sticker on your car is considered cool.
it is EXACTLY THE SAME THING. THEY ARE BOTH EVEN CLOTHING BRANDS!

Jace.
10-02-11, 07:49 PM
Any and all car stickers are just like purposeful rust in my eyes.
Ugliness and untidiness FTL.

wilsmith
10-02-11, 07:52 PM
So if its a clothing brand then why did i get bombed on here for having one on my badly 'stanced' corolla? If its a clothing brand how did it become all about stance?

SUROK
10-02-11, 07:55 PM
because JDMST is all about jumping on the current internet forum based car modification fad. and at the moment that seems to be fatlace stickers on poorly modified cars with wheels that dont fit properly.

brasher
10-02-11, 08:09 PM
on another forum im on.. we pretty much all have that. it makes it easier to walk up to a person and know who they are. or to address them over the radio.

OH LORDZ!

trism
10-02-11, 08:13 PM
address them over the radio.

10-4 Big Mover.

CallMeKay
10-02-11, 08:29 PM
Isnt the whole purpose of the sticker to advertise "Fatlace" much like our JDMST sticker?

To me it doesnt really matter if its on a stock corolla or on a "hella flush" civic, if you are out there repping what you like then I'm all for it.

Since when does having a Fatlace or Illest sticker mean that your car had to be in that style to rock it?

renstar
10-02-11, 08:30 PM
I think it's just the same as wearing a t shirt with a brand name or a logo. Your just showing your allegiance/support with that brand/artist/whatever.The car is just an extension of your personality. If your wanna stick Hello Kitty gear all over it, go for it.

It's your car,do what ever you like (within reason)

Chewbacca
10-02-11, 08:51 PM
10-4 Big Mover.

Ends with the word what, Brian? Over.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2ur1f06.png

DAS KAMU
10-02-11, 08:57 PM
so what clothes to unit make?
i see the duplicate guys walking around like the came off a production line

1.flat brim black hat
2.service station sunnies
3.unit t-shirt
4.stupid fucking grin

trism
10-02-11, 08:57 PM
i fucking lost it.

best episode ever.

going to watch now, brb

RaveR
10-02-11, 08:59 PM
I think it's just the same as wearing a t shirt with a brand name or a logo. Your just showing your allegiance/support with that brand/artist/whatever.The car is just an extension of your personality. If your wanna stick Hello Kitty gear all over it, go for it.

It's your car,do what ever you like (within reason)

agree with that ^

and i think the illest stickers and company are sick.

call me a fag but ill definantly get some when i get the opportunity, i think they look great.

each to their own though.

trism
10-02-11, 09:00 PM
KJCfUm21BsI

Chewbacca
10-02-11, 09:02 PM
He called me a greenhorn, I called him Tony Randall, it was a thing we had
http://i53.tinypic.com/xppovr.jpg

Chewbacca
10-02-11, 09:09 PM
I've noticed the majority of the responses here did not know about Fatlace as a company in 2006/7. They were hardly 'car scene' orientated, Mark Arcenal was slightly but even then he wasn't a 'major player' so to speak. Its only been in the last 2 years or so that they have become semi part of it but in reality, only because they sponsored 'Risky Devil' cars and a bunch of people got on the band wagon and googled 'illest' and wanted that shit on an angle above ther exhaust or on their back window.
Hellaflush was an off shoot from the FL brand and didnt come about until later..
In reality, its very similar to 'Supreme' & the 'CanIBeat' stickers which are in a lesser extent popular in Australia but as much as alot of you don't like, it is really similar to having a 'Unit' or 'Jetpilot' sticker on your car.
In regards to the Importbible comment, importbible makes clothes dedicated to imports, its a different kettle of fish. How many of you have actually explored the FL site? judging by the majority of the responses, not many as its mainly orientated to fix gear bikes, photography & design with a small car component. Only in the last 6 months has FL begun to creat car related part but even then its just number plate frames and the entree into 'slammed society' etc etc.

As I said before, I have no problem with the brand, I own some of their clothing, I just don't quite understand the motivation behind putting their stickers on your car. It sorta seems like 'Oh the guys in the US did it, I should do it now too'

03DC5R
10-02-11, 09:14 PM
because JDMST is all about jumping on the current internet forum based car modification fad. and at the moment that seems to be fatlace stickers on poorly modified cars with wheels that dont fit properly.

+1...everyone loves jumping on bandwagons here

trism
10-02-11, 09:15 PM
I suppose its all part of the USDM vibe.

Remember back when it was the in thing to have the shopping list down the quarter panel, even if half the brands werent on the car, because thats what they did in Japan?

Or even the whole "Must have JDM parts or my car will fall apart"

Its literally about the car culture. Its simply a branding. Its advertising.

Just like hot rodders having a Mooneyes sticker.

trism
10-02-11, 09:18 PM
I normally agree with you Chewie, but this time i think youre getting arcy at nothing.

Yes its the exact same as putting a unit, jetpilot etc sticker on a commodore/falcon, because thats the scene that they are in.

if i wore dickies, flat brim caps, and pretended i could ride a dirt bike, id prob have a unit sticker on the back of my commodore ute, to go with the southern cross, and the fuck off were full sticker.

but im not part of that scene, im part of this scene, and so while i dont have an illest or ecaltaf sticker on my car, i dont see why all the fuss

best guy
10-02-11, 09:28 PM
Who cares, people jib on me sometimes for having a surok sticker. I just tell em get with times, man

CallMeKay
10-02-11, 09:34 PM
So they've been 'the rage' for a while.. They seem to have taken off after ATMO_BT1 started rocking them in 2011 or whenever it was and then peeps googled them and ended up at the JDMST store..

Modified
10-02-11, 09:51 PM
at least we dont have our forum usernames on our cars tho right???

I actually thought about doing that, so if people wanted to talk at a meet, if they saw me drive in they could walk up and say hello.

My username and car match up though, they're both Modified :lol:

Oh lord, that I think, is a Dad joke...

Mr. Focus
10-02-11, 10:19 PM
I too have wondered why people would run a sticker that advertises a clothing brand/company and not a car parts company. In saying that, i run a "Trainers" sticker advertising my mates clothing store

nigs
10-02-11, 10:19 PM
Family guy vid was the only good part of this thread.

10-02-11, 10:34 PM
I actually thought about doing that, so if people wanted to talk at a meet, if they saw me drive in they could walk up and say hello.

My username and car match up though, they're both Modified :lol:

Oh lord, that I think, is a Dad joke...

I think this is a cool idea, I'd do it. To be honest I've always been surprised by the amount of people who are apprehensive about it, it probably would've prevented half the "I shouldve said hi" stories that appeared in that "JDMST half assed styling" thread a few months back.

DAS KAMU
10-02-11, 11:02 PM
fix gear bikes and the people who own them should stay as far away from the car scene as possible

SiGNAL
10-02-11, 11:06 PM
Their car their life? Not sure what the fuss is all about, if you hate it, dont look at it?

I have no stickers on my car and not planning on running any but i dont judge ppl who run illest sticker on their ride, they can put unit or helly kitty for all i care

Chewbacca
11-02-11, 11:24 AM
I normally agree with you Chewie, but this time i think youre getting arcy at nothing.

Yes its the exact same as putting a unit, jetpilot etc sticker on a commodore/falcon, because thats the scene that they are in.

if i wore dickies, flat brim caps, and pretended i could ride a dirt bike, id prob have a unit sticker on the back of my commodore ute, to go with the southern cross, and the fuck off were full sticker.

but im not part of that scene, im part of this scene, and so while i dont have an illest or ecaltaf sticker on my car, i dont see why all the fuss

I was sort of looking for peoples reasoning behind why they run them as I notice alot of people have just put them on because its the 'cool' thing to do and people claim to 'support' them yet don't even own any of the clothes..

I was just looking for a point of discussion really and I notice there hasn't really been any input from anyone who happens to blatanly run one......

Plus, I'm not going to lie, I hate on just about everything.. Its a full time job but someones gotta do it.

(Locky)
11-02-11, 12:08 PM
^^^ pretty much

people not owning any of there clothing ect then putting one on there car because they saw one with it on the hellaflush blog section.
worst is the people making copy Illest stickers ect

Im a sticker whore but not a fan of the hellaflush/illest/fatlace stickers..... especially when the car has no chance of being featured o the site

bluesprinter
11-02-11, 12:56 PM
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7952/wwjdthumb.jpg (http://img830.imageshack.us/i/wwjdthumb.jpg/)

dave2221
11-02-11, 12:58 PM
why put a spoiler and rims on a city car?

if the answer is to look cool (and usually it is at least part of the motivation)

then why not a sticker.

MOST elements in this scene are visual inspired (hence all the appearance galleries..... there isnt much talk of performance figures here)

so a sticker (doesnt matter which one) is all just a visual additive to your car, its a mod just like new wheels, green paint or HID headlights.

Paoooul
11-02-11, 01:25 PM
awaits downshift guy with the pulsar

Chewbacca
11-02-11, 01:27 PM
why put a spoiler and rims on a city car?

if the answer is to look cool (and usually it is at least part of the motivation)

then why not a sticker.

MOST elements in this scene are visual inspired (hence all the appearance galleries..... there isnt much talk of performance figures here)

so a sticker (doesnt matter which one) is all just a visual additive to your car, its a mod just like new wheels, green paint or HID headlights.

Thats not really comparing apples to apples and your missing the entire point of this.. A spoiler or wheels are designed to be put on a car, Fatlace is a clothing brand, does your car wear T-shirts?

Biggie
11-02-11, 01:35 PM
i like what they do.

So i have their sticker.

In the same way i have a Yashio factory sticker even though only one tiny part of my car is from Yashio

you we're a bigger sticker whore than most bro. so you should understand

brasher
11-02-11, 01:36 PM
im gonna start putting lowes and bigW stickers on my car then.

justinspiderholden
11-02-11, 01:38 PM
No stickers for me don't see the point they don't make you car go faster or handel better so pointless IMO

JDM-20L
11-02-11, 01:52 PM
Stickers just attract cops for some reason or another.. that's why I wouldn't put any on.

Otherwise some stickers are cool IMO .. I don't know why? Maybe it's like turning your car into a collage or a patchwork quilt of some sorts? lol

RILEY_J
11-02-11, 01:53 PM
awaits downshift guy with the pulsar

LOOOOOOL

Biggie
11-02-11, 02:13 PM
im gonna start putting lowes and bigW stickers on my car then.

do it.

mad reps.

:lol:

dave2221
11-02-11, 02:16 PM
Thats not really comparing apples to apples and your missing the entire point of this.. A spoiler or wheels are designed to be put on a car, Fatlace is a clothing brand, does your car wear T-shirts?

what i am trying to say, is a sticker is designed to be put on something.... its nothign more than a visual modification.

So, if someone is putting a sticker on their car, they are making a visual statement....... wheather or not there is a more meaning full statement behind the sticker (such as a religious sticker) is somewhat beyond the point.

same as roof racks on a car that never has crap on it...... its just for visual appeal.

if you take it for face value and nothing more it makes sense.....

personally i think its more of a sheep thing, and people just following the crowd.....

Nerds have their transformer badges

People who want to be associated with a certain "scene" will rock a fatlace/jdmsucks/illest/jdmst/whatever sticker

personally i dont give a fuck, and i have nothing on my car...

Back in the day i rocked a AE86 Driving club sticker on my hachi, and i also had a muffler sticker to support the very cheap muffler my mate gave me..

Chewbacca
11-02-11, 02:33 PM
I'd rock one of these..
http://i55.tinypic.com/14bqb8z.jpg

Jeo
11-02-11, 02:57 PM
I nearly lost it when I first saw...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/5262635218_983cf69d53_b.jpg

Freaking brilliant.

On topic; whatever. It's a styling thing. If you like it, go nuts.

dave2221
11-02-11, 02:57 PM
I'D ROCK ONE OF THESE
http://www.suelebeau.com/images/rock.gif

Chewbacca
11-02-11, 03:03 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/fc2hl.jpg

paper beats rock, you're fucked now.

J
11-02-11, 03:08 PM
KJCfUm21BsI

Fuck this reminds me of work.. Haha..

J
11-02-11, 03:13 PM
Yeah, i don't really have room for those stickers, next to my unit, southern cross, and get out were full stickers...

And yes, it seems to be were not we're....

Woodzy
11-02-11, 03:16 PM
Surely Fatlace is some sort of a clothing shop, as well as a cult?

vyets
11-02-11, 03:27 PM
It's even worse when people think fatlace and illest means "hellaflush" or the flush lifestyle HAHAHAH :P

I used to have the stickers on my car but ended up taking them off, however I still have spare stickers on my mrs car all the pink ones LOL.

I don't find it that bad that there's a sticker on your car I mean people have been putting all kinds of stickers on their cars I just don't like how people see it and automatically think it has to do with being flush and shit

Jace.
11-02-11, 03:37 PM
someone hook me up with those illest, ecaltaf?, stanceworks, illest stickers? :(

ebay no help lolo

:rolleyes:

Chewbacca
11-02-11, 03:48 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/1z2k1mh.jpg

anth
11-02-11, 03:57 PM
I had them on both my cars at one point, I liked the design and the colours, I liked the way they looked on car windows, and I liked the way the company presented itself. I mean, a boutique clothing/streetwear shop with ties to the graphic design, street art, motorbike, music and car cultures...what's not to like? I think the owner has done an awesome job on developing the company into what it is today.

Alas, I got sick of them and took them off, they now live on the fridge in the garage, but I do have an Illest keychain. I'm a sheep, shoot me.

whyte
11-02-11, 04:04 PM
erm... so what is illest?

RE99IE
11-02-11, 04:19 PM
the way I categorise most of them are:

Car Parts Brand sticker = Parts shopping/wish list
Clothing Brand sticker = wardrobe shopping/wish list
Website sticker = bookmark

Andy Wana
11-02-11, 04:30 PM
erm... so what is illest?

It's when you became too ill to function in society because of brandwhoring.

RE99IE
11-02-11, 04:37 PM
erm... so what is illest?It's when you became too ill to function in society because of brandwhoring.

some synonyms = sick, dope, best, cool, hot

3AM
11-02-11, 04:38 PM
So they've been 'the rage' for a while.. They seem to have taken off after ATMO_BT1 started rocking them in 2011 or whenever it was and then peeps googled them and ended up at the JDMST store..

i like where this is going, I'll cut some SUROK in some fake burberry print vinyl and start a group buy....

Biggie
11-02-11, 05:12 PM
i like where this is going, I'll cut some SUROK in some fake burberry print vinyl and start a group buy....

ill take 6

renstar
11-02-11, 05:17 PM

Yet, you'd wear a shirt with a Nismo etc logo when you don't wear car parts or Billabong but you don't get around in wetsuit and you're not at the beach

Gorilla
11-02-11, 05:34 PM
I have no idea what illest is, i thought it was a blog site for hellaflush style cars....in saying that I got this
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5193796901_7b2b220a70_b.jpg

notice my shit paint! Thats just after a wash!!

3AM
11-02-11, 05:36 PM
make it the illest or fatlace font and ill buy some

nah man, your not cool enough.. ballers only.

criss
11-02-11, 05:36 PM
I'd rock one of these..
http://i55.tinypic.com/14bqb8z.jpg

i like tat, where can i get one....ebay?

eitlobsaboo
11-02-11, 06:00 PM
It is a bit of a wank.. but so is everything really.. Also its our perspective of it. Put your mind in a 'bogan' with a jetpilot sticker plastered across his hilux when a slammed s15 rolls past ablaze with JDM stickers.. He'd probably think the same about what we think about him.

Personally I like the look of it and how it compliments the culture/scene. When applied to the right car that is..

But I'd rather create my own sticker art.. or go a shopping list on my car.

Justin Fox
11-02-11, 06:27 PM
The first illest sticker I saw was on a fixie and I fell in love with the sticker at first sight. I have to admit I wasn't a fan of seeing fatlace/illest stickers on cars I didn't think looked the part initially, but I've always been a fan of their cheeky graphic design work (taking design hues from other well known logos). I'd be a bit pissed off if people started hating on people who proudly rep JDMST decals on their cars.

SUROK
11-02-11, 06:31 PM
well it already happens, you look at a car and see a jdmst sticker on it. and you think to yourself, i bet its stock but has expensive wheel nuts.

CallMeKay
11-02-11, 06:53 PM
Funny, when I see a JDMST sticker on another car, I get as excited as a school girl, chase them through the traffic, and try and say hello.

Chewbacca
11-02-11, 07:05 PM
Yet, you'd wear a shirt with a Nismo etc logo when you don't wear car parts or Billabong but you don't get around in wetsuit and you're not at the beach

I'd never wear a Nismo shirt, I fucking hate car 'guys'. Its like those douches who drive BMW's and have a BMW hat, keychain and polo shirt.

Billabong also make clothes, not just wetsuits, shit example. and you're comparing oranges to banana's. A spoiler is designed for a car hence you put it on a car, clothes are designed for person, hence you wear them.
Trash goes in trash can? Hmm. Makes sense.

vishes
11-02-11, 07:21 PM
I'd never wear a Nismo shirt, I fucking hate car 'guys'. Its like those douches who drive BMW's and have a BMW hat, keychain and polo shirt.

Billabong also make clothes, not just wetsuits, shit example. and you're comparing oranges to banana's. A spoiler is designed for a car hence you put it on a car, clothes are designed for person, hence you wear them.
Trash goes in trash can? Hmm. Makes sense.

I don't quite follow... what you're getting at..

bushtucker
11-02-11, 07:21 PM
the whole scene of hellaflush and illest is all over played. kids who rock hellaflush on a shit box is just fail.

it really is getting to that point where people will now buy one of those stickers and think there cool if they put it on the car.

to be honest i liked fatlace when they were not really known but now i just wait for the day for this so called "scene" dies down well the sticker side and people saying hella flush and blah blah.

who knows if i make sense lol

i rep a daily driven sticker is that bad? lol

renstar
11-02-11, 07:24 PM
Like Illest make number plate frames.. i get it.

3deekei
11-02-11, 09:47 PM
Reebok Pulsar. Chyeah, let's go.

Pmk
11-02-11, 09:58 PM
haha totally . It's all about popularity, but this goes for everything. It's all about being like someone else. omg you have the same sticker so it must be cool but i truly think hella or even flush is so not the right meaning for them. It won't change but all you can do is shake your head i guess.

BURST
11-02-11, 10:28 PM
I hope people ain't hating on my JDMSTYLETUNING.COM sticker, just cos I'm reppin' this website.

Justin Fox
11-02-11, 10:28 PM
well it already happens, you look at a car and see a jdmst sticker on it. and you think to yourself, i bet its stock but has expensive wheel nuts.

That's enough JDMST hating from you. Take a break and contribute your negativity elsewhere.

st204
12-02-11, 12:08 AM
People need to stop fucking over analysing a sticker on a car. Seriously i have a pedobear on my car does that mean whenever i go past school zones slow im batting off silently in my car as i go past. ugh.

philz
12-02-11, 12:12 AM
Yes, yes it does. Avatar doesn't help :lol:

The_Giefster
12-02-11, 12:24 AM
Personally. I don't mind them. Would I put them on my car? Hell no.

It is a fad and has been tagged with the stance or low crowd. It is a USDM thing, and people can do what they wish.

Justin Fox
12-02-11, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't call it a fad.

Mark Arcenal created Fatlace in 1999. That's along time ago guys. You can't say he's just come from nowhere, or that he hasn't worked hard to get to where he is today. He's obviously a very talented designer and as a designer myself I know for a fact that he started out with having fun with it, and perhaps dreaming of one day where he could make a living out of working for himself as opposed to working for the man.

In regards to Illest. I've read that the concept behind that was the word itself. That the word makes you feel good when you read it. The Illest logotype got so out there that people were emailing Fatlace to do a collab with Illest not knowing they were the same thing which explains why Illest has split into it's own sub brand.

In regards to HellaFlush. I've read that Arcenal and his mates were into drifting in 2003 and when drifting got a little too competitive and hardcore, him and his mates focused more on making their cars look cool. One of his mates had the lips of his wheels sitting flush with the guards, and so much camber that when he was drifting the lip would tuck. They apparently say "Hella" a lot in the US and his mate coined the term "Hella Flush" which Arcenal then took on as another sub brand/culture to Fatlace.

If you look at all these dates you'll realise that he's been around for some time and that he was a part of these scenes early enough to take some credit. He's been quoted as pushing aggressive offsets on his Audi in 1999 and that in the US at that time no-one else was doing it (heaps of Audi/VW guys in Europe had offsets downpat for many years before 99 though, 20mm+ H&R spacers were already a hit and in 1999 I myself put 20mm spacers on my Alfa 147!).

Justin Fox
12-02-11, 07:23 AM

Mark Arcenal created Fatlace in 1999. That's along time ago guys. You can't say he's just come from nowhere, or that he hasn't worked hard to get to where he is today. He's obviously a very talented designer and as a designer myself I know for a fact that he started out with having fun with it, and perhaps dreaming of one day where he could make a living out of working for himself as opposed to working for the man.

In regards to Illest. I've read that the concept behind that was the word itself. That the word makes you feel good when you read it. The Illest logotype got so out there that people were emailing Fatlace to do a collab with Illest not knowing they were the same thing which explains why Illest has split into it's own sub brand.

In regards to HellaFlush. I've read that Arcenal and his mates were into drifting in 2003 and when drifting got a little too competitive and hardcore, him and his mates focused more on making their cars look cool. One of his mates had the lips of his wheels sitting flush with the guards, and so much camber that when he was drifting the lip would tuck. They apparently say "Hella" a lot in the US and his mate coined the term "Hella Flush" which Arcenal then took on as another sub brand/culture to Fatlace.

If you look at all these dates you'll realise that he's been around for some time and that he was a part of these scenes early enough to take some credit. He's been quoted as pushing aggressive offsets on his Audi in 1999 and that in the US at that time no-one else was doing it (heaps of Audi/VW guys in Europe had offsets downpat for many years before 99 though, 20mm+ H&R spacers were already a hit and in 1999 I myself put 20mm spacers on my Alfa 147!).

jeffske
12-02-11, 08:26 AM
where can i get an ecaltaf sticker?

plAythiNG
12-02-11, 09:02 AM
where can i get an ecaltaf sticker?

HHaha i remember when a member posted that. On a serious note;

From the OP, a legitimate reason to run the stickers? Why does anyone mod/style their car... Its cos they want it to look good, a certain way. Why do people do all these engine mods to their car but the car never see's the strip nor the track yet their running defi gauges or building the engine yet the average speed
On roads are 70km/h.

Let me be and let them do as they choose.

w0n
12-02-11, 09:25 AM
That's enough JDMST hating from you. Take a break and contribute your negativity elsewhere.

i think i'm falling in love with you justin....

bluesprinter
12-02-11, 09:31 AM
Motherfucker I'm ill, not sick And I'm OK but my watch sick, yeah my drop sick, yeah my glock sick and my knot thick
IM It!
Motherfucker I'm Ill!

best guy
12-02-11, 10:30 AM

can we make the break permanent?

i sincerely hope surok falls in a fucking well

st204
12-02-11, 12:42 PM

A money well

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/j3kbro/4chan-happy-face.png

The Stig
12-02-11, 01:19 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ch5jqc.jpg

USJDM YO

w0n
12-02-11, 01:25 PM

i think ill build a well outside his house, put titanium wheel nuts at the bottom and wait for the thud as he hits the bottom

BURST
12-02-11, 03:17 PM
*snip*

USJDM YO

There's actually a whole group of guys in Japan modding their cars US-style; "Hellaflush", super-low ride heights and even California number plates.

TheDave
12-02-11, 03:44 PM
It all depends why the person has them on their car. If they think the stickers make them look cool or they have them to try and fit in, then yes they're a wanker. But on the other hand, if they have them because they respect the quality of the design, then technically it's no different than if the sticker had a completely different word instead. It doesn't matter what's written on them for me, I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I have one on my front bar because I purely like the design of it, not because it's "cool" or "trendy".

Mike.V?!
12-02-11, 04:02 PM
Buncha sticker experts.

tiksie
12-02-11, 04:51 PM
Buncha sticker experts.

seventhskyline
12-02-11, 05:27 PM
Its just a sticker, if people feel it represents something they want to align themselves to, fair enough. I have a handful of their slammed society decals (as yet unapplied) and some clothes. Much as I'd like to take the piss out of the scene developing in the wake of hellaflush I do enjoy looking at pictures of hardparked, slammed, tucked, flush cars on their blog.
I really like stickers which have some attractive design to them but honestly most end up on my desk.

I think things have gone too far when people are running fake ebay illest decals like the kid on here with his skyscraper KE70 rolling on Hayashi copies though...

Mark Arcenal started Fatlace in 1999.

Fixed, its a shop and a blog, not a magnificent work of art.

RaveR
12-02-11, 05:37 PM
lol @ the amount of commotion this is creating, really.......... it's a sticker?!

i have illest stickers, i think they look sick,i love the font,contrast, and look of them.. most of you would probably vomit at my car, but if i see or come to notice things i'd like on my car, I'll usually try to get them..

i think it's about personal taste, not 'this guy has an illest sticker, he's _________________________'

haiduz guna h8.

Bry
12-02-11, 05:55 PM
Some of the comments in this thread make me sick - Alot of you 'purists' are acting like the stubborn older generations, who were all about muscle cars and carburettors and can't appreciate anything from japan or turbocharged with a displacement of <4L. Just because it's not your scene doesn't mean that it's wrong, or pointless - some people enjoy building their cars just to make peoples jaws drop and push the envelope, others want them to be as fast as possible or to be a completely original resto'd classic.

Yes, it's the latest trend, though what you don't realise is that once the next big thing comes along all of the sheep will move along, leaving only the people who truly appreciate and fit in with this style. I personally think that this culture is alot deeper than many of you will admit, and it cannot be compared to southern cross or UNIT stickers on the back of a ute or your mums falcodore.

End of the day it's just a sticker, no need to get so worked up over what someone else does to their car.

G54B
12-02-11, 06:45 PM
The whole "can't appreciate anything Jap" thing is a double edged sword, most guys who say that about the older generations feel exactly the same but in reverse. It's probably the shittest thing about the car scene these days, it's like everyone's a racist, but towards cars not skin colour. Drive a Jap car? The muscle guys hate you. Drive a muscle car, the jap guys hate you. Drive a sex-spec car, everyone hates you :lol:
I reckon everyone needs to l2appreciate, and that goes for the sticker thing too.

4shizz
12-02-11, 07:13 PM
is this a serious thread?

its a sticker.
deal with it.

BMSSS
12-02-11, 07:50 PM

its a sticker.
deal with it.

Thankyou.

Bry
12-02-11, 07:55 PM
I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't appreciate old clean muscle/classic cars, even if they don't have an interest in them. I've personally complimented a old guy on his clean 70's stang whilst I was in my low s14 with wheels out guards.. he gave me a dirty look and mouthed off something about 'hooning kids and their riceburners' :lol:

RaveR
12-02-11, 07:56 PM
Thankyou.

x2

SLO40Z
12-02-11, 09:56 PM
wow, my brain died from that shit, i have 3 stickers on my car, all surf/snowboarding brands. do you hate me chewwy cos i rep what i love?

ffs this is crazy, and thats all it boils down to... promote what you love

and

haters gonna hate

Chewbacca
15-02-11, 11:54 AM
do you hate me chewwy cos i rep what i love?

Yes

I already told you all I hate on everything, deal with it. Hater is hating.

Justin Fox
15-02-11, 01:11 PM
New JDMST rule: NO HATERS, coming soon.

h.phung
15-02-11, 02:03 PM

LOL!!!

whyte
15-02-11, 02:19 PM

its a sticker.
deal with it.

id like to deal with your avatar.... :P

[ IV 23 VI ]
15-02-11, 02:19 PM

You will have to ban the whole site then~

whyte
15-02-11, 02:23 PM
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=468449&st=0

hows this for all your haters out there lol

Chewbacca
15-02-11, 04:48 PM

Man, I'm not trying to pick a fight here but honestly, its a forum, aren't we allowed to voice our opinions and hate on what we want. We do live in Australia and not communist North Korea yeah?

I thought this was a free country.. I didn't realise it wasn't a free country
http://i51.tinypic.com/25rovev.jpg

clutch-monkey
15-02-11, 04:54 PM
Man, I'm not trying to pick a fight here but honestly, its a forum, aren't we allowed to voice our opinions and hate on what we want. We do live in Australia and not communist North Korea yeah?

I thought this was a free country.. I didn't realise it wasn't a free country
http://i51.tinypic.com/25rovev.jpg
country might be free but the forum costs :lol:
JDSMT: opinions not allowed heh

trism
15-02-11, 06:52 PM
thought about doing something like that sticker bomb wrap. but without the nissansilvia.com fail

RA23GT
15-02-11, 08:01 PM
The whole "can't appreciate anything Jap" thing is a double edged sword, most guys who say that about the older generations feel exactly the same but in reverse. It's probably the shittest thing about the car scene these days, it's like everyone's a racist, but towards cars not skin colour. Drive a Jap car? The muscle guys hate you. Drive a muscle car, the jap guys hate you. Drive a sex-spec car, everyone hates you :lol:
I reckon everyone needs to l2appreciate, and that goes for the sticker thing too.

i win, Muscle guys and JDM guys and sex spec guys all love teh classic celica :cool:

this thread has been informative, i had no idea what Fatlace and illest etc: were until i read this, and in response to the OP, no i wouldn't get one cos i don't have any of their clothes.

The_Giefster
15-02-11, 08:19 PM
LOL @ this car (http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=317034&).

Spools
15-02-11, 09:09 PM
thats out there, but its a photoshop.

SLO40Z
15-02-11, 09:12 PM
theres a ghost in that photo lol

CallMeKay
15-02-11, 09:22 PM
I hate you all

Justin Fox
16-02-11, 12:41 PM

Oh but you are trying to pick a fight. Yes we do live in Australia, and not communist North Korea, but I can't see what that has to do with JDMST?

JDMST's 1st rule reads:

1) No fighting, no racism, personal attacks, flaming, Not Safe For Work content and sexism. We want JDMST to be a positive place so please keep it nice on the forum. If you feel the need to say something negative towards someone send them a private message instead of posting in public. If you can't stand someone, add them to your "ignore list".

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you can't express your opinion in a constructive, polite and civil manner keep your opinions to yourself. Same goes for when you're speaking of other forums, our sponsors and other JDM related businesses.

I can't see how hating on everything (which you've suggested is what you do because "someone has to do it") fits in with "we want JDMST to be a positive place". If I get any more complaints regarding your posts I'll have to take action.

ttshark
16-02-11, 12:48 PM
Captain Fox has spoken :cool:

I run an Illest and FL sticker (small) primarily because I support their efforts in reviving true culture.

As blogged recently on stanceworks, we all need to turn back the clock and learn to build our cars ourselves, not have some shop return a car of mystery after weeks of wait.

I am and 100% support DIY. Keep an eye out as well, there are two websites launching very soon that will completely revive the Australian car culture ;)

stephen8512
16-02-11, 01:16 PM
isnt ILLEST a play on from the TITLEIST golf brand? same with FILTHIEST and ELITIST?

Chewbacca
16-02-11, 03:45 PM
isnt ILLEST a play on from the TITLEIST golf brand? same with FILTHIEST and ELITIST?

Titliest followed by Illest followed by Filthiest followed by Elitist.

'Elitist' was a jab at the 'Illest' culture

Trolls Royce
16-02-11, 04:16 PM
Captain Fox has spoken :cool:

I run an Illest and FL sticker (small) primarily because I support their efforts in reviving true culture.

As blogged recently on stanceworks, we all need to turn back the clock and learn to build our cars ourselves, not have some shop return a car of mystery after weeks of wait.

I am and 100% support DIY. Keep an eye out as well, there are two websites launching very soon that will completely revive the Australian car culture ;)

I'm curious to know how these two sites have made an effort in reviving true culture. Please explain.

philz
16-02-11, 04:18 PM

Is it really?

D4NM4C
16-02-11, 04:20 PM
hahah

anth
16-02-11, 04:26 PM
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=468449&st=0

hows this for all your haters out there lol

wow that would have taken a while to do, he actually made it so it can be looped, A+ for effort

stephen8512
16-02-11, 04:29 PM
What is the "illest" culture? I dont get this whole illest, elitist, filthiest bullshit

Chewbacca
16-02-11, 04:33 PM
http://fatlace.com/ Check out the site, it should answer your question about 'Illest'.

Look on Zilvia, Stanceworks and a few of the other US sites, it'll answer your question as to why there is the whole 'elitist' thing and so on.

Couldnt agree more with Cazal on the previous page, I'm genuinely interested in why one would believe that 'Fatlace' and 'Illest' have revived 'true' culture?

stephen8512
16-02-11, 04:37 PM
I thought they were just stickers, play on words from a golf brand

philz
16-02-11, 04:41 PM
No, they have much greater and deeper meaning.

Chewbacca
16-02-11, 04:42 PM
Illest used the titliest font.. Its a clothing line which started producing stickers and things spiralled out of control from there.. As I said, have a look at the site, it'll explain it to you.

I posted this on an earlier page, maybe its a reasonable explanation..

I've noticed the majority of the responses here did not know about Fatlace as a company in 2006/7. They were hardly 'car scene' orientated, Mark Arcenal was slightly but even then he wasn't a 'major player' so to speak. Its only been in the last 2 years or so that they have become semi part of it but in reality, only because they sponsored 'Risky Devil' cars and a bunch of people got on the band wagon and googled 'illest' and wanted that shit on an angle above ther exhaust or on their back window.
Hellaflush was an off shoot from the FL brand and didnt come about until later..
In reality, its very similar to 'Supreme' & the 'CanIBeat' stickers which are in a lesser extent popular in Australia but as much as alot of you don't like, it is really similar to having a 'Unit' or 'Jetpilot' sticker on your car.
In regards to the Importbible comment, importbible makes clothes dedicated to imports, its a different kettle of fish. How many of you have actually explored the FL site? judging by the majority of the responses, not many as its mainly orientated to fix gear bikes, photography & design with a small car component. Only in the last 6 months has FL begun to creat car related part but even then its just number plate frames and the entree into 'slammed society' etc etc.

As I said before, I have no problem with the brand, I own some of their clothing, I just don't quite understand the motivation behind putting their stickers on your car. It sorta seems like 'Oh the guys in the US did it, I should do it now too'

stephen8512
16-02-11, 04:44 PM
http://fatlace.com/ Check out the site, it should answer your question about 'Illest'.

Look on Zilvia, Stanceworks and a few of the other US sites, it'll answer your question as to why there is the whole 'elitist' thing and so on.

Couldnt agree more with Cazal on the previous page, I'm genuinely interested in why one would believe that 'Fatlace' and 'Illest' have revived 'true' culture?

so where exactly do i need to look on that fatlace website to find out what this illest shit means? I had a look at the ABOUT section but it says nothing

Justin Fox
16-02-11, 04:45 PM
All this Illest talk is making me want to buy some of their gear!

http://fatphos.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v19/p74472030-3.jpg

http://fatphos.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v20/p93732309-3.jpg

http://fatphos.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v23/p509665838-3.jpg

http://fatphos.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v24/p425893811-3.jpg

http://fatphos.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v16/p102468355-3.jpg

stephen8512
16-02-11, 04:52 PM
so its a clothing brand like nike.....

Do people put the ILLEST sticker on their cars because the sticker itself with the font looks cool?

philz
16-02-11, 04:55 PM
Maybe? I guess you could say it looks cool, and the word is pretty "cool" too.

I reckon the majority of people who put a sticker on their car... do not associate "illest" as a clothing brand. But rather a car culture, even though it's not actually a car culture.

Prancer
16-02-11, 04:57 PM
I think people put the sticker on their cars because they have easy access to them, alot easier than getting some obscure japanese sticker that actually are related to the automotive industry lol

Chewbacca
16-02-11, 04:57 PM
so its a clothing brand like nike.....

Do people put the ILLEST sticker on their cars because the sticker itself with the font looks cool?

http://i54.tinypic.com/2n0q0ph.jpg

Except 'cool' should be inverted comma's like so - 'cool'

ttshark
16-02-11, 05:02 PM
I don't understand Chewbacca, are you saying that because other people put JDMST stickers on their car, i'm simply following their trend and not actually supporting JDMST??

I support illest, not the act of putting the illest sticker on my car (but i do so by placing it there). I also support JDMST in the same manner. being that most of our cars get attention, it is an ideal place for them.

stephen8512
16-02-11, 05:03 PM
Maybe? I guess you could say it looks cool, and the word is pretty "cool" too.

I reckon the majority of people who put a sticker on their car... do not associate "illest" as a clothing brand. But rather a car culture, even though it's not actually a car culture.

What do people think about having a FILA or an ADIDAS logo or the NIKE swoosh on their cars?

Chewbacca
16-02-11, 05:08 PM
I don't understand Chewbacca, are you saying that because other people put JDMST stickers on their car, i'm simply following their trend and not actually supporting JDMST??

I support illest, not the act of putting the illest sticker on my car (but i do so by placing it there). I also support JDMST in the same manner. being that most of our cars get attention, it is an ideal place for them.

No, not even a little bit. You're a member of JDMST and you contribute to its community. Hence, having a JDMST sticker is warranted and understandablem, you're supporting something you're a proud member of. If you weren't a member of JDMST and didnt contribute & you just got a sticker because it looked cool, you saw some 'cool' cars with it then its in the same vain of what I'm talking about with 'Illest'

Illest isn't a community, it isn't a forum and if you (i'm not talking about you(ttshark) directly, I'm using 'you' as a broad word) don't own any of their clothing and don't understand where they originated and what its about then I believe its simply posing because its the 'cool' thing to do.

However, I am still interested as to why you believe 'Illest' & 'Fatlace' revived 'true culture'? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely interested.

philz
16-02-11, 05:15 PM
Can someone show me this elitist sticker, that isn't on an Australian car.

stephen8512
16-02-11, 05:25 PM
Im gonna whack a nike swoosh on my car because its cool

Shiri
16-02-11, 05:41 PM
Is it really?

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2010/12/6/14/i-see-what-you-did-there-21267-1291664609-36.jpg
:)

Trolls Royce
16-02-11, 05:51 PM
I think reviving true culture probably means a lot more than having a store selling brandname products and stickers that look pretty cool.

Can I please get a definition as to what this true culture is? The only thing it all seems to be associated with is the latest trends in wheel fitment, sticker design and photography.

stephen8512
16-02-11, 05:53 PM
its the opposite of false culture

Trolls Royce
16-02-11, 06:12 PM
Helpful.

J
16-02-11, 07:27 PM
Helpful.

He bought a Golf R, and you expect him to honestly answer something about culture, advertising and hype. He's the king of not having to think for himself.

jeffske
16-02-11, 07:32 PM

interesting theory

philz
16-02-11, 08:02 PM
So can anyone explain the Elitist stickers. I searched Zilvia and stanceworks... nothing.

menty
16-02-11, 08:46 PM
Fakers gonna Fake.

Justin Fox
16-02-11, 09:00 PM
I'm pretty much thinking everything that has been said, has been said in this thread. I'm a little upset that some of you guys are trying to belittle Mark Arcenal's work (as I think what he's done has been more for good than bad), but that's just me. Say whatever else you guys need to say on the topic. I'll be closing the thread soon.

w0n
16-02-11, 09:07 PM
I'm a little upset that someone's trying to belittle Mark Arcenal's work but that's just me.

a bit melodramatic? i like the stickers and shit like that but the guy isn't curing cancer, no need to get upset about it

Justin Fox
16-02-11, 09:19 PM
Hey I didn't at all suggest he was curing cancer so don't put words in my mouth. As a designer I understand what he's done, it wasn't easy work and I can only assume he's a happy guy for finally being able to work for himself, and not the man. It's respect, simple as that.

And in regards to being upset about it. I did only say I was a "little" upset?

RaveR
16-02-11, 09:43 PM
don't hate on the fox ;D

what he's saying is true, as a 17 year old learning about starting business/being self sufficient in terms of career.

the only thing everyone tells me, that it's HARD, and this guys done it, whilst managing to get a world wide following, and remain true to who is and what he loves, i think he's done great things.

you guys need to stop period'ing over a sticker, just appreciate what others like, and in relation to this ^ what people do and achieve.

SLO40Z
16-02-11, 10:11 PM
i was gonna write a long response to this thread but i seriously cbf, everything JF says i agree with here

haters gonna hate

Gorilla
16-02-11, 10:29 PM
I dont think the argument is about how the creator of illest is doing right now, or how he started, I think its about whay are people putting the stickers on the car?

Personally, I dont like to put stickers on my car, unless its for a business that has helped me out. All those nice cars out there that are putting the illest stickers on their car are basically giving free advertising. Im sure the CEO of illest doesn't mind that at all!

eg5
17-02-11, 12:01 AM

Agreed!!

stephen8512
17-02-11, 12:03 AM
He bought a Golf R, and you expect him to honestly answer something about culture, advertising and hype. He's the king of not having to think for himself.

answering honestly about culture, advertising and hype and talking about clothing brand stickers like fatlace and illest are 2 separate things.

The thread was about how the OP thought it was ridiculous that people put ILLEST and FATLACE stickers on their cars. Dont know how it became something about culture and the other shit u mentioned? OP talked about the actual stickers and somehow, everyone started saying shit about what it really means, how it started, who should have them, which cars should rock em, "true" culture, etc. psh..Fuck off.........

frm what I can see, people put on these stickers to:
1) follow a trend
2) because the stickers themselves look good (the design)
3) stickers seem to be the "in thing" now since people seem to be plastering their quarter panels and their spoilers, front lips etc with any sort of stickers, ranging from illest, fatlace, even pedobear.

all this bullshit about stickers? hahah seriosuly some pple on JDMST seriously make me laugh....

remember those decals on the driver and passenger doors? SPARCO, GREDDY, HKS etc? If u see one now, i can guarantee you 9/10 you will think its "rice". but seeing a FATLACE or ILLEST sticker is following/supporting a culture? get fkn real..... most, if not all of these people put these stickers on because they look good. Design of the sticker etc and the stigma attached to it. People started seeing the GREDDY, SPARCO, HKS stickers on the doors as rice, thus it brought about a certain stigma and image that came with you putting them on your car. I.e a negative stigma. Thus, you dont see any of them anymore. But for some reason, having fuckloads of stickers on your rear windshield with stickers like hellaflush, JDM AS FUCK and other shit like that makes it alright?

Bogans putting UNIT/DC stickers on their minitrucks etc is the same shit. Majority of them put it on for the 3 things i mentioned above. Most dont give a shit about UNIT culture or whatever the fk it is

Theres even a "show your stickers" thread on here! Majority of those people have those stickers because it looks good, is amusing, or humorous. Nothing to do with culture or anything.

is that honest enough for you? at the end of the day, its a sticker ffs, get over it

/rant

philz
17-02-11, 12:42 AM
The elitist sticker has a much greater and deeper meaning.

Illest stickers are for ill people. Elitist stickers are for the ELITE.

stephen8512
17-02-11, 12:46 AM

but its not JDM AS F\/CK! Thats for the truly hardcore....

17-02-11, 01:25 AM

From what I gather, I've only seen the 'elitist' stickers on JType members' cars. With all the hype of the 'JDMST half ass copy' thread with the discussion of JType seen as 'elite', I presume one of the JType guys (assuming Van) thought it would be amusingly tongue in cheek to create an 'elitist' sticker using the Titleist/Illest font.

w0n
17-02-11, 06:38 AM
Hey I didn't at all suggest he was curing cancer so don't put words in my mouth. As a designer I understand what he's done, it wasn't easy work and I can only assume he's a happy guy for finally being able to work for himself, and not the man. It's respect, simple as that.

And in regards to being upset about it. I did only say I was a "little" upset?

wow wow wow, relax, just giving some perspective

Justin Fox
17-02-11, 08:06 AM
Wow wow wow pretty crap perspective.

Publicly (on my own forum) calling me "melodramatic" hasn't exactly gotten you into my good books. Maybe you need to look up that word in the dictionary?

And Stephen. I get what you're trying to say, but there's no doubt at all that HellaFlush has something to do with car culture, at least over in the states. I definitely look at placing stickers on a car, where it's proudly shown on the outside, an extension of culture. When I see a 4WD bombed with extreme sports stickers I can safely assume that the driver is into skydiving, etc (whatever the stickers suggest), and that he's a part of that culture. Same goes for someone with a rabbitohs decal. It's all definitely got to do with culture, and supporting a culture.

And all this talk of "elitist" stickers. You guys better stop the baiting. I see what you're doing and I'm not into it at all.

JDM-20L
17-02-11, 08:13 AM

What is this elitist sticker? I've not seen one?

EDIT: what happened to rocking a TEMPE TYRES sticker?? I thought thats where the cool kids hang? :lol:

Prancer
17-02-11, 08:33 AM
i used to have a massive tempe tyres sticker on my rear window in my vn commo, used to get free second hand 15s to do skids with lmao

stephen8512
17-02-11, 09:36 AM
Wow wow wow pretty crap perspective.

And Stephen. I get what you're trying to say, but there's no doubt at all that HellaFlush has something to do with car culture, at least over in the states. I definitely look at placing stickers on a car, where it's proudly shown on the outside, an extension of culture. When I see a 4WD bombed with extreme sports stickers I can safely assume that the driver is into skydiving, etc (whatever the stickers suggest), and that he's a part of that culture. Same goes for someone with a rabbitohs decal. It's all definitely got to do with culture, and supporting a culture.

And all this talk of "elitist" stickers. You guys better stop the baiting. I see what you're doing and I'm not into it at all.

Fair call Justin. And excuse my derogatory language in my prev. post but to me it just seemed like a whole bunch of crap talk with people were getting too deep with in what is ultimately a sticker.

I can appreciate stickers and the culture its attached to, whichever culture that may be. I get that. But what I dont like is the hypocrisy of some people on this forum. If you have a look at the stickers thread I mentioned, many have humourous, funny, even stupid stickers on their cars. It's not necessarily related to any culture.....(only thing I can think of is probably Gen Y?) and they put these stickers on because usually it looks good, is funny, or both. I just dont like how people can go bitching about, say, a stock Honda Integra GSI with a HELLAFLUSH sticker and bag it out just because the car doesnt reflect what hellaflush is meant to mean (flush fitment, stance etc). Perhaps that person got the sticker because of the way it was designed? And maybe he's fully into cars but just doesn't have the flush car that he dreams of. And he may also be supporting that culture too. But i can guarantee you most of the time he'll get bagged out for having that sticker put on a car like that and thats what shits me.

Even someone I know who has a BMW 325i got bagged out for having a JDMST URL sticker on the rear windshield of his car because his car wasn't JDM. Like....seriously?! How narrow minded is that? Was an active member too from what I recall (has moved on to another car since then).

I find all this ridiculous and its pretty sad that some guys act like a bitch about stickers in the way they do....

Justin Fox
17-02-11, 09:55 AM
Agreed.

If anything I find Type-R badges on non-type R's amusing more than frustrating. Not worth "hating" on for sure.

justinspiderholden
17-02-11, 10:33 AM
Wow this has got to 7 pages, end of the days its sticker if you like them and want to put them on your car do it

Man people jsut need to do what makes them happy and stop worrying about what others think

h.phung
17-02-11, 10:45 AM

Just bought some Illest shit and a few stickers too. This thread made me love Fatlace even more.

ttshark
17-02-11, 01:03 PM
Just bought some Illest shit and a few stickers too. This thread made me love Fatlace even more.

LOL

I think all this jibber jabber has been sparked because of somewhat shallow explanation. Unfortunately there is a limit to how much you can express in text on a forum compared to your own mind.

So this is what we are at now:

-Stickers can be a part of culture
-cultures can be linked to others (fatlace to hellafrush)
-noobs don't understand the link
-its hated when people put illest stickers on an un-ill car or flushy stickers on a 4wd (somewhat like the shopping list trend).
-stickers, and the culture they are part of, can be used to respect supporters of said culture.
-there exists rebels that will use these stickers for their own visual stimulation and nothing else (unfortunately).

If this was noted early in the thread, it would have concluded by now.

whyte
17-02-11, 01:24 PM
where can i get this sticker? i wanna be cool too

ONETEN
17-02-11, 01:45 PM
Cant beleive there is a 7 page thread about (majority USA) clothing brand stickers on cars, on a supposed Japanese car forum. Everyone's getting so worked up about it too, lots of pot-calling-kettles-black. Half of you are trying to tell the emo kid that he is actually original and different to his mates cause his fringe hangs down the left side, and the rest of you are trying to point out his grouped originaility is acutally just that - unoriginal. Do we still talk about cars on here or???

Stickers belong in three places: Sponsored cars, over rust holes and toolboxes.
Close thread

SLO40Z
17-02-11, 01:50 PM
oneten your as bad as everyone your trying to diss

stickers belong wherever the fuck you want them

ttshark
17-02-11, 01:59 PM

Yes mr. president. excuse me while I take to my stickers with a razorblade

Biggie
17-02-11, 02:03 PM
the other side is worse.

lol

http://i51.tinypic.com/11tbz0h.jpg

ONETEN
17-02-11, 02:04 PM
You are correct, i am as bad as everyone else with my own opionions on where stickers belong - doesnt make this thread any less rediculous.

w0n
17-02-11, 02:24 PM
the other side is worse.

the other side of the car or the other side of that head?

17-02-11, 03:56 PM
Now that I think if it, I love stickers because of biggie. I remember seeing his car at EOMM in June 09' and I thought his quarter windows looked awesome. I love having stickers on my car, and enjoy collecting more :)

Sharpy
17-02-11, 04:25 PM
I'm still waiting for that downshift guy with the pulsar

whyte
17-02-11, 04:33 PM
FU-180 whos shitbox is that? :P

is that hitmans workshop?

rice_ball
17-02-11, 05:21 PM
Close thread

what about if i was sponsered by centrelink :P

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm19/megface01/62988_10150280856550171_590215170_14926767_6113808 _n.jpg

SLO40Z
17-02-11, 05:31 PM
thats dope

Woodzy
17-02-11, 05:33 PM
i need one of them ^

Bang A Dang
17-02-11, 05:58 PM
I think this whole sticker thing is getting out of hands,
at the end of the day, if you dont like it, dont do it
simple... if you dont like it, fair enough, dont hate!

life goes on

trism
17-02-11, 06:04 PM
Cant beleive there is a 7 page thread about (majority USA) clothing brand stickers on cars, on a supposed Japanese car forum. Everyone's getting so worked up about it too, lots of pot-calling-kettles-black. Half of you are trying to tell the emo kid that he is actually original and different to his mates cause his fringe hangs down the left side, and the rest of you are trying to point out his grouped originaility is acutally just that - unoriginal. Do we still talk about cars on here or???

Close thread

Yep, youre definately a member that comes here often and gets involved in the community, so we should listen to you for sure!!

CLOSE THE THREAD!!!!

TAKE THE STICKERS OFF CARS!!!

MAKE THIS MAN ADMIN!!!

trism
17-02-11, 06:06 PM
thats dope

"thats dope" is just as bad as illest, or hella.

Or calling your bonnet a hood, your boot a trunk, and your guards fenders.

American culture has permeated into everything that we do these days, even the way we speak.

SLO40Z
17-02-11, 06:19 PM
i think your taking the piss looking at your other post so i'll let it slide...

but if your not, then we really shouldnt be driving cars, after all they're not a japanese or australian idea...

Chewbacca
17-02-11, 08:44 PM
LOL

I think all this jibber jabber has been sparked because of somewhat shallow explanation. Unfortunately there is a limit to how much you can express in text on a forum compared to your own mind.

So this is what we are at now:

-Stickers can be a part of culture
-cultures can be linked to others (fatlace to hellafrush)
-noobs don't understand the link
-its hated when people put illest stickers on an un-ill car or flushy stickers on a 4wd (somewhat like the shopping list trend).
-stickers, and the culture they are part of, can be used to respect supporters of said culture.
-there exists rebels that will use these stickers for their own visual stimulation and nothing else (unfortunately).

If this was noted early in the thread, it would have concluded by now.

Still waiting for a response on why you think 'FatLace' and 'Illest' are a testament to true culture?

Trism is on the money.. Same with people calling MX5's - Miata's.. are people gonna start doing KA conversions and calling S Chassis 240's next?

brasher
17-02-11, 09:08 PM
can anyone make stickers? Make one in same font saying fat****. I'd buy atleast 3.

Oxer
18-02-11, 06:01 AM
8 pages...

This merry-go-round gonna stop any time soon?

TRPLSX180
18-02-11, 06:30 AM
I don't run illest or FL stickers bland probably never will, but I do hate that people feel the need to bring other people down for having them when there car isn't stances? Or hellaflush?

It's bullshit, the people that feel the need to rip on other people for having them are far worse humanbeings then the illest or FL "reppers" in my opinion

markie
18-02-11, 07:56 AM
I think this whole sticker thing is getting out of hands,
at the end of the day, if you dont like it, dont do it
simple... if you dont like it, fair enough, dont hate!

life goes on
True.

Being such a noob about illest sticker on the car. Lol i never knew its a clothing brand, I thought they're referring it to their car. ><'

JDM-20L
18-02-11, 08:18 AM
I mean service reminder stickers.. wtf is with that? :lol:

CallMeKay
18-02-11, 08:38 AM
Whats with everyone rocking rego stickers?

I mean seriously..

ttshark
18-02-11, 10:37 AM
Still waiting for a response on why you think 'FatLace' and 'Illest' are a testament to true culture?

shortest answer possible: linking multiple cultures to bring completely different people together through events. etc.

thread is dying. we've moved on to rego now. any thoughts on tint?

trism
18-02-11, 07:02 PM
http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/images/seinfeld1.jpg

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

RaveR
18-02-11, 07:18 PM
Whats with everyone rocking rego stickers?

I mean seriously..

they might aswell be reppin' some southern crosses,yo!

comodrifter
19-02-11, 06:01 PM
or faded flowers... same problems people have with shopping list stickers. Don't rep what you don't have yet..

two40
19-02-11, 07:57 PM
This topic was always going to get a bit heated. No one wants to be called a sheep. That's car culture for you. Any culture really. Bunch of people following other people to fit in.

FNE55E
19-02-11, 09:02 PM
half the cars on the forum with stickers look so bad..

TRPLSX180
19-02-11, 09:11 PM
or faded flowers... same problems people have with shopping list stickers. Don't rep what you don't have yet..

What exactly are you referring to when you say don't rep what you don't have, I have illest clothes, does that mean I can rep or do
I have to be stanced as well..

Such an idiot Post

CallMeKay
19-02-11, 09:22 PM

So, I cant rock a pedo bear sticker, if I dont have an 8 year old in the boot of my car?

...Bummer

RaveR
19-02-11, 10:49 PM
^ best post so far.

anth
20-02-11, 10:15 AM
Zing!

JJL
20-02-11, 03:18 PM
I just bought two illest stickers :)

JDM-20L
21-02-11, 08:44 AM
So, I cant rock a pedo bear sticker, if I dont have an 8 year old in the boot of my car?

...Bummer

Not sure if its ok to laugh or not?

lol

marvis
21-02-11, 10:29 AM
They are cool and I see cool cars with them on the internet and I just got to do what all the cool people are doing.

RUSTY NIGHT
21-02-11, 10:33 AM
They are cool and I see cool cars with them on the internet and I just got to do what all the cool people are doing.
ok cool

bluesprinter
21-02-11, 11:21 AM
to much shit talk....post more pictures of cars with Fatlace & Illest stickers

bluesprinter
21-02-11, 11:22 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2378/wembleyrod7564.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/wembleyrod7564.jpg/)

The Stig
21-02-11, 02:33 PM
I can't believe fatlace are giving away a 2000GT..

Chewbacca
21-02-11, 02:41 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2378/wembleyrod7564.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/wembleyrod7564.jpg/)

Its pure mediocrity - in bar form.

It's like Alf, he's back - In Pog form.

Biggie
21-02-11, 03:22 PM
lol pog form.

i :heart: stickers

http://i55.tinypic.com/6icoe8.jpg

Prancer
21-02-11, 03:34 PM
we all know that if biggie likes stickers then we all should

;)

bluesprinter
21-02-11, 03:50 PM
Its pure mediocrity - in bar form.

It's like Alf, he's back - In Pog form.

But isn't that what its all about anyways, cause that's what stickers are made for
anyways
lol that front bar picture i posted is fucking stupid, but it works, grabs attention, would i do it, yes i would, reason why i wouldn't do it, its shit and will attract cops and even they will just ask, why?

ttshark
21-02-11, 03:52 PM
we all know that if biggie likes stickers then we all should

;)

LOL

how did this thread revive?

Trolls Royce
21-02-11, 05:19 PM
Thinkin this thread should be closed? Looks pretty much the same as the other thread about american stuff in the Culture section.

Any objections?

Trolls Royce
21-02-11, 05:19 PM
Didn't think so.