PDA

View Full Version : My skyline pics...

fun33r
30-05-07, 09:38 PM
Hey this is my first car and i cant drive it yet still only 16 :( Now firstly i know its has a ricer appeal however neons and stuff are on cause i need photos for another reason...anyways here she is and it will soon be 3 inchs lower and more to come :)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/skyline2.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/skyline7.jpg

pretty stock :rolleyes: ...hopefully not for too long

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/skyline6.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/skyline4.jpg

Stripped..:twisted:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/skyline5.jpg

Dave R
30-05-07, 09:48 PM
Nice first car dude !!!

looks really clean and in great condition !!

is it a rb25de (non turbo) ??

s_vtec
30-05-07, 09:49 PM
very clean skyline, in awesome condition

fun33r
30-05-07, 09:50 PM
Thanks..yeh it is the same engine as turbo models..just without turbo ahah (due too new turbo laws) however i am planning to put in an exemption and place a neat turbo in it !!

Dave R
30-05-07, 09:53 PM
u whant be able 2 get a exemption dude...

even if u do u cant drive it all the time (for example.. u get work exemption (saying it a work car) u would only be aloud 2 drive it during work hours)

also it would be suss putting non turbo car under exempt laws.. they would relise it been turboed and tell u 2 piss off :(

better of waiting dude... if it was that easy do u really reckon every other p plater would not be driving turbo,s/c,v8+ cars ????

but yer it is really clean nice car u got man :)

fun33r
30-05-07, 09:58 PM
Ha yeh i know...very true..however it is under my dads name for insurance reasons and it is classified as a business car..i have filled out the forms..but yes you are right the time you are able to drive it is difficult..thanks for that "shifty" :)

Dave R
30-05-07, 10:00 PM
it cool dude... just trying 2 help out and save the hassle of sending forms 2 the rta and waiting months lol and getting nothing out if it... ur best of concentrating on handling on ur car and then cosmetics and then start saving... or get a second engine 2 start getting worked (rb26 ? :P)

and once u on ur fulls shove that in... :D

that would be ur best bet :)

fun33r
30-05-07, 10:06 PM
it cool dude... just trying 2 help out and save the hassle of sending forms 2 the rta and waiting months lol and getting nothing out if it... ur best of concentrating on handling on ur car and then cosmetics and then start saving... or get a second engine 2 start getting worked (rb26 ? :P)

and once u on ur fulls shove that in... :D

that would be ur best bet :)

Totally agree with you, one of my mates with a drift setup 180 said that just to go with handling eg. rear strut, coilovers, brakes tyres... rb26 = :mrgreen:

wilch
30-05-07, 10:30 PM
Looks like a very clean example there dude.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks..yeh it is the same engine as turbo models..just without turbo ahah (due too new turbo laws) however i am planning to put in an exemption and place a neat turbo in it !!

Not quite the same engine unfortunately. You'll be better off saving for a second hand RB25det with all the bits and pieces and putting that in there.

RB25de isn't the same internally as an RB25det.

fun33r
30-05-07, 10:33 PM
Are you sure about the internals my mate and i have the same car (his been the turbo one but still ecr r33) and thought that it is..just not brakes etc......if not well always room to improve thanks wilch. Also what is different ? :)

wilch
30-05-07, 10:38 PM
Are you sure about the internals my mate and i have the same car (his been the turbo one but still ecr r33) and thought that it is..just not brakes etc......if not well always room to improve thanks wilch. Also what is different ? :)

Pretty sure :)

I've seen inside both engines. ;)

RB25DE and RB25DET don't share the same internals.

fun33r
30-05-07, 10:40 PM
Haha ok ill take your word for it :)

wilch
30-05-07, 10:40 PM
...oh and I find your sig disturbing... *ahem*

lol

;)

chuingbeans
30-05-07, 10:42 PM
Well, the RB25DET would have different interals to the normal RB25DE wouldn't it? I mean it was engineered to be fitted with a turbo from factory, so would need to have been altered from a standard non-turbo RB25DE to deal with the extra horsepower and torque wouldn't it?

Just thinking, would a RB25DETT work in a RWD R33 GTS??

BTW, nice clean R33 you got man. Very nice a stocky apart from a few aftermarket add ons :P Nice. Not a fan of the neons.

fun33r
30-05-07, 10:47 PM
Yeh im not a fan of the neons too haha...just an untasteful crowd pleaser...yeh i thought they may be the same only cause the stock r33's run relatively low boost and i know guys that have put a turbo on a original n/a...umm as too rb25dett in 33 i wouldnt see why not just a bit of work squezzing her in ..you may get some serious wheel spin of the mark and and brakes might need a change lol. Thanks anyways .

2GU UP
30-05-07, 11:59 PM
the engines have different compression ratios to start off with
different cams, valve springs, pistons thats the basic stuff

RB25DETT you talking custom engines now? the only twin turbo motor is the RB26 and yes they can work with a RWD setup, its pretty straight forward

IMO start building an RB30DET

edusti
31-05-07, 12:11 AM
congrast my dude, what a nice car you have!

duncan
31-05-07, 12:18 AM
jealous.. beats my french tin can !

shonen
31-05-07, 04:30 AM
...oh and I find your sig disturbing... *ahem*

lol

;)

Hahaha wil only you would pick that out :P

wilch
31-05-07, 10:20 AM

LOL!

chavo
31-05-07, 01:15 PM
Wow thats a great first car man, if you dont mind me askin' how much did it cost you?
Going for my P's this month, starting to really wish i had of saved for a car.

Deviliss
31-05-07, 02:24 PM
nice clean ride you got there mate, looks good :)

fun33r
31-05-07, 03:40 PM
Wow thats a great first car man, if you dont mind me askin' how much did it cost you?
Going for my P's this month, starting to really wish i had of saved for a car.

Thanks mate it cost me $10k but it was advertised for $13k so it really depends on your bargining skills and luck..good luck however :D

doofus
31-05-07, 04:27 PM
why is there blue lights under your car? :P

jks

nice first car dude!

josh..
31-05-07, 08:03 PM
i can vouch for it being a very clean car indeed!
bloody good first car im sayin good styff ty!

Rotary_rockeT
31-05-07, 10:16 PM
Ha yeh i know...very true..however it is under my dads name for insurance reasons and it is classified as a business car..i have filled out the forms..but yes you are right the time you are able to drive it is difficult..thanks for that "shifty" :)

ii also hear you can apply for exemption if it's the only car in the household (as in the only car listed under a certain address)

im thinking about giving my turbo FC to my brother as a hand-me-down but since he has restrictions on him, it's hard. but then i realised we have another address since we hav another house. so it should be ok to list it under the 2nd address. not sure if it'll work, but i don't see why not though :)

anyway nice car. wouldn't mind a four door turbo if i had a family~

fun33r
31-05-07, 10:28 PM
ii also hear you can apply for exemption if it's the only car in the household (as in the only car listed under a certain address)

im thinking about giving my turbo FC to my brother as a hand-me-down but since he has restrictions on him, it's hard. but then i realised we have another address since we hav another house. so it should be ok to list it under the 2nd address. not sure if it'll work, but i don't see why not though :)

anyway nice car. wouldn't mind a four door turbo if i had a family~

Thanks for that mate i didnt even consider that..im looking into it now as i also have a second address..Yeh same my family car would be a something along those lines too haha. :mrgreen:

ekaTE37
01-06-07, 05:54 AM
Wow, you're 16 and you already have a skyline! That's impossible here in Spain, hehe
Nice r33!

Gocho
04-06-07, 06:06 AM
look nice men :cool:

Jing
04-06-07, 12:00 PM

i picked it out too. I think we are just too horny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

16 wow, must be the youngest member on jdmst

edusti
04-06-07, 12:07 PM
i picked it out too. I think we are just too horny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

16 wow, must be the youngest member on jdmst

LOL!!!!! with 16 years old i was driving a Toyota land cruiser :(

chuingbeans
04-06-07, 04:09 PM
Im 16...but he beats me because he already has a car =o=" Im a bit too pove to afford one right now.

Omawari_San
04-06-07, 04:55 PM
Nice car! But I would have suggested to buy you a cheaper lower level car.
As a beginner you will definitly make a few dents in the car sooner or later. Everybody does. And the more expensive it is the more you get angry with youself. So be extra carefull! :)

fun33r
04-06-07, 08:29 PM
As a beginner you will definitly make a few dents in the car sooner or later. Everybody does. And the more expensive it is the more you get angry with youself. So be extra carefull! :)

Yeh i have already crashed drifting. two broken control arms later..:rolleyes: back on the road..I have been driving for about 7 years but no doubt i will crash it again, thanks for the heads up :mrgreen:

fun33r
04-06-07, 08:30 PM
Im 16...but he beats me because he already has a car =o=" Im a bit too pove to afford one right now.

As too this dont worry im sure in the near future you will have a sweet jdm ride

chuingbeans
04-06-07, 08:54 PM
Yeh i have already crashed drifting. two broken control arms later..:rolleyes: back on the road..I have been driving for about 7 years but no doubt i will crash it again, thanks for the heads up :mrgreen:

7 years? so like when you were like 9 years you starting driving? and your currently drifting your R33? I think we got a new Takumi here!! Takumi's got nothing on you :P Perhaps you should get a position at the local Pizza Hut or something, and do the nightly pizza deliveries. Then one day, you will crash, ruin a customers pizza, resulting in your boss handing you a plastic cup filled with coke, hoping to improve your driving skills. Considering its coke, you will drive extra carefully, because you don't want a wet and sticky interior.

Yeah man, saving up, a few grand in the bank already, saving away for my dream 86. Mum's volunteered to pay for everything except for the car (eg. shipping of car, agents fees etc.) which is a nice bonus ^^

fun33r
04-06-07, 09:15 PM
7 years? so like when you were like 9 years you starting driving? and your currently drifting your R33? I think we got a new Takumi here!! Takumi's got nothing on you :P Perhaps you should get a position at the local Pizza Hut or something, and do the nightly pizza deliveries. Then one day, you will crash, ruin a customers pizza, resulting in your boss handing you a plastic cup filled with coke, hoping to improve your driving skills. Considering its coke, you will drive extra carefully, because you don't want a wet and sticky interior.

Yeah man, saving up, a few grand in the bank already, saving away for my dream 86. Mum's volunteered to pay for everything except for the car (eg. shipping of car, agents fees etc.) which is a nice bonus ^^

Yeh about nine and not track drifting yet ;) but hoping too later on with some practice...It is fairly light compared to stock..has no back seats. seat belts removed unnecessary metal, no tools spare tyre or carpets in boot.

Good stuff an 86 will go down well keep workin at it and cant complain about mum lending a hand :mrgreen:

josh..
04-06-07, 10:28 PM
haha initial ty!
strips a treat i can vouch!

gotta love mums!

Dave R
04-06-07, 10:34 PM
it would be a great idea for u 2 participate on a driver training course...

u could probably get ur parents 2 put some money in 2 it 2 as it is for ur safety in the long run in a way...

by the sounds of it u seem 2 drive like a bit of a idiot on the roads.... not such a good idea dude if u want 2 keep ur license or car and most importantly ur life or others...

i dont mean 2 sound like a dick but... 'drifting' on the streets is nothing 2 be proud of.. save it for the track dude :P

and how does it work that uv been driving since u where 9 ?? sitting on ur dads lap doesn't count as driving man :P hehe

fun33r
04-06-07, 10:48 PM
it would be a great idea for u 2 participate on a driver training course...

u could probably get ur parents 2 put some money in 2 it 2 as it is for ur safety in the long run in a way...

by the sounds of it u seem 2 drive like a bit of a idiot on the roads.... not such a good idea dude if u want 2 keep ur license or car and most importantly ur life or others...

i dont mean 2 sound like a dick but... 'drifting' on the streets is nothing 2 be proud of.. save it for the track dude :P

and how does it work that uv been driving since u where 9 ?? sitting on ur dads lap doesn't count as driving man :P hehe

Haha nah i understand where you coming from im generally safe..and yeh im actually doing one of those courses.. As for driving since i was nine i have a big property up the coast and i have my own car up there a toyota corona 2 l :lol: and nah just stacked up on the pillows so i could see over the steering wheel! ;)

fun33r
06-08-07, 05:24 PM
New photos below !!!

fun33r
06-08-07, 05:38 PM
I have a few more things my car is sporting, some of the things are carbon fibre bonnet, king springs super lows and a set of low profile 215/40 17" wheels, as well as a autometre gauge and k&n pod filter and mounting bracket:) Yes i do need a better camera and location but for now this is it & car is a bit dirty too :???:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/Image005.jpg

Below old wheels new bonnet...

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/Image163-1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/skylinenew4.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/skylinenew1.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/Image140.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/ty2296/Image142.jpg

josh..
06-08-07, 09:37 PM
hell freakin yeaya boy! treat

fun33r
07-08-07, 11:20 AM
Ha have you seen this yet josh . . ? ?

bony
07-08-07, 06:49 PM

his kinda right... but in the end.. wateva makes u happy..
i bought an 86 as my first... i've neva been happier.. so congratz on the ride and waiting to see mod updates on it ;)
btw.. my mates gna buy a r33 NA.. can u let me know how it is? handle\power\reliablilty wise?

fun33r
07-08-07, 08:05 PM
his kinda right... but in the end.. wateva makes u happy..
i bought an 86 as my first... i've neva been happier.. so congratz on the ride and waiting to see mod updates on it ;)
btw.. my mates gna buy a r33 NA.. can u let me know how it is? handle\power\reliablilty wise?

Thanks mate i apreciate your opinion. . yeh a full bodykit, catback exhaust and chip are on their way:)

As for your mate, my experience so far is that it handles well but even for an n/a the back still kicks out heaps( which i don't mind :) ) and also look for one with coil overs or slap some one once bought, cause before mine got suspension and strut braces it boated heaps.. As for power it has as much as you would expect, i was really happy with it compared to other n/a cars. Last of all it is the most reliable car, for the 6 months that i have had it not one, and i repeat not one problem..parts are really easy too get but not as easy at the turbo models..Im buyist but i love them..of course turbos are a still step above ;)

Cappuccino
07-08-07, 08:24 PM
looking good... what bodykit you thinking of getting?

fun33r
08-08-07, 12:37 AM
looking good... what bodykit you thinking of getting?

Thanks... as for the moment no idea with the bodykit either a d wing bootlid spoiler or gtr spoiler then a full kit maybe bn style or uras but im open to anything as for now :P

fun33r
08-08-07, 02:38 PM
Sometimes depending on how loud my exhaust is ;) i rarely go to school these days more tafe. . tafe ladies are better anyways :)

Cappuccino
08-08-07, 02:48 PM
Thanks... as for the moment no idea with the bodykit either a d wing bootlid spoiler or gtr spoiler then a full kit maybe bn style or uras but im open to anything as for now :P

I would go the d wing boot lid and the uras kit would look good. Almost every 33 has a GTR wing.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
08-08-07, 02:59 PM
tafe ladies are better anyways :)

x2

fun33r
08-08-07, 06:31 PM
I would go the d wing boot lid and the uras kit would look good. Almost every 33 has a GTR wing.

Yeh true true i dont mind the look of it my mate has one which i can pick up for $100 as for gtr wings agreed they are as common as bread these days ;)

fun33r
26-02-08, 03:50 PM
:( well my car is gone picking up my new car tonight ..cant wait ill take pics and post it up it sometime this week :)

josh..
26-02-08, 04:32 PM
yea clean canny wait to see what it is!

fun33r
26-02-08, 05:00 PM
:) wednesday maybe ??

dc2rrrr
27-02-08, 10:01 PM
I recommend leave it atmo, do a few track days improve your driving skills, then improve on power later. I would focus on things that will make you faster (and safer) without turbos etc. like suspension tyres brakes and a diet maybe

J
27-02-08, 11:20 PM
check his new thread ;)

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=8004

fun33r
27-02-08, 11:46 PM
ha thnx jack