PDA

View Full Version : Nissan 350Z

evodence
05-06-07, 12:23 AM
Nissan 350Z

Some shots I took recently.
Images Copyright © 2007.

*Image server is playing up, if you see less than 7 photos, refresh this page & all 7 should then show up*

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/135/f/0/Bush_Bashin_by_geno8r.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/135/3/2/Blink_by_geno8r.jpg

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/135/f/f/Stop_by_geno8r.jpg

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/135/2/3/Z_by_geno8r.jpg

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/135/9/0/Sinuous_by_geno8r.jpg

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/135/4/6/Pose_before_you_may_cross_by_geno8r.jpg

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/135/b/d/Where_cars_come_to_play_by_geno8r.jpg

My Web Site: http://www.evodence.com/
My DA page: http://geno8r.deviantart.com/

Cheers,
James

Luc
05-06-07, 12:25 AM
cool, just some nice rims and ur set

Gorilla
05-06-07, 12:26 AM
Some great shots there, nice ride

evodence
05-06-07, 12:28 AM
cool, just some nice rims and ur set
thanks, yep agreed

Some great shots there, nice ride
thank you

scathing
05-06-07, 12:38 AM
I wish my car was that clean.

evodence
05-06-07, 12:51 AM
I wish my car was that clean.
hahah there's no reason why yours can't be.
PS: It's old mate "geno8r" here if you didn't realise :)

felixR
05-06-07, 01:01 AM
very nice :)

scathing
05-06-07, 01:21 AM
I don't have the patience to clean it, that's all :)

Kit's due on in the next few weeks, along with the new rims, so it'll get detailed after that and then its photo time.

evodence
05-06-07, 01:29 AM
very nice :)

I don't have the patience to clean it, that's all :)
Kit's due on in the next few weeks, along with the new rims, so it'll get detailed after that and then its photo time.
lol you lazy bugga. Nice one, looking forward to seeing the results!

ekaTE37
05-06-07, 05:43 AM
Clean 350Z! Nice shots man;)

Omawari_San
05-06-07, 08:30 AM
Second one is great!

josh2.5
05-06-07, 09:49 AM
Wow!

Great photos man! Car looks great

evodence
05-06-07, 12:07 PM
Clean 350Z! Nice shots man;)
Thank you :)

Second one is great!
Cheers :)

Wow!

Great photos man! Car looks great
Thanks Josh :)

IcemaN
05-06-07, 12:13 PM
some very nice shots there and nice car

what location is that?

van
05-06-07, 12:14 PM
On the road to Phillip Island? Nice!

Great photos mate :)

evodence
05-06-07, 12:20 PM
some very nice shots there and nice car

what location is that?
Thanks! :)
Various locations around Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

On the road to Phillip Island? Nice!

Great photos mate :)
Nope, just around Newcastle.
Thank you :D

josh2.5
05-06-07, 12:23 PM
Hey mate just had a look through your website.

Some very nice shots there. I love that photo in the background of the main page and the photo tittled the Obelisk.

ON2U
05-06-07, 12:31 PM
nice ride and nice shots!

evodence
05-06-07, 12:32 PM
Hey mate just had a look through your website.

Some very nice shots there. I love that photo in the background of the main page and the photo tittled the Obelisk.
Thanks mate, glad to hear :)

nice ride and nice shots!
Cheers :)

Justin Fox
05-06-07, 12:35 PM
Lovely photos.

evodence
05-06-07, 12:42 PM
Lovely photos.
Thanks Justin :)

s_vtec
05-06-07, 01:23 PM
oh very nice pics man and nice car

evodence
05-06-07, 01:33 PM
oh very nice pics man and nice car
Thanks mate :)

edusti
05-06-07, 02:41 PM
nice photos dude!

evodence
05-06-07, 02:49 PM
nice photos dude!
thanks man :)
Is that your WRX in your sig? Looks phat as, love those STIs (2005?), hate the latest 'hyundai style' nose models.

Dori*mon
05-06-07, 03:23 PM
nice 350, stunning pics.

evodence
05-06-07, 03:54 PM
nice 350, stunning pics.
thanks, cheers :)

chuingbeans
06-06-07, 05:05 PM
http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/135/2/3/Z_by_geno8r.jpg

Love that pic...love it.

Bloody beautiful for a stock! Nice~

evodence
06-06-07, 05:22 PM
Love that pic...love it.
Bloody beautiful for a stock! Nice~

Kaotic
06-06-07, 06:26 PM
NICEE.... so what engine mods have you done?

Deviliss
06-06-07, 06:46 PM
nice clean Z, nice pictures too mate :)

evodence
06-06-07, 08:09 PM
NICEE.... so what engine mods have you done?
:) None, it’s stock. I used to have a 230RWKW skyline but hated the fact that I couldn’t drive it anywhere at anytime because I’d get defected. I wanted a nice stock car after being defected so I choose the 350Z :)

nice clean Z, nice pictures too mate :)

fun33r
06-06-07, 08:24 PM
Nice photos good quality !

evodence
06-06-07, 08:32 PM
Nice photos good quality !
Thanks! :)

scathing
07-06-07, 12:16 AM
hated the fact that I couldn’t drive it anywhere at anytime because I’d get defected. I wanted a nice stock car after being defected so I choose the 350Z :)

I've yet to be pulled over for inspection in my car, and its not stock. I only know of one person pulled over and defected in a Z (Domino on 350Z-Tech), and their car was low and had a Nismo skirt kit (so the cop caught them going low-and-slow sideways coming out of a driveway).

Just get exterior-visible mods that look OEM (like a Fujitsubo Legalis-R, HiTech or APS catback) and leave the exterior as-is, and you'll be fine. They're also pretty quiet, especially up until 3000RPM.

And don't get giant chrome rims. Nothing stands out more than big chromies.

With the car so low, dropping it down a little also doesn't raise suspicion.

evodence
07-06-07, 06:37 PM
I've yet to be pulled over for inspection in my car, and its not stock. I only know of one person pulled over and defected in a Z (Domino on 350Z-Tech), and their car was low and had a Nismo skirt kit (so the cop caught them going low-and-slow sideways coming out of a driveway).

Just get exterior-visible mods that look OEM (like a Fujitsubo Legalis-R, HiTech or APS catback) and leave the exterior as-is, and you'll be fine. They're also pretty quiet, especially up until 3000RPM.

And don't get giant chrome rims. Nothing stands out more than big chromies.

With the car so low, dropping it down a little also doesn't raise suspicion.
Yeah, moding my Z would be cool but I’ve got numerous reasons not to do so.

I live in a city where I could certainly get defected again & I’m not going to go through that a second time, so that reason alone is enough to keep my zed stock.

I learnt my lesson with the skyline that modifying cars is more addictive than smack & can be a huge waste of money so I prefer to spend my money on other things.

If I had a second car as a daily driver & more money, sure, pimp out the zed with a TT kit & some JDM rims for sure, but that’s not my situation. My zed is my daily driver & I like the fact that I can drive up driveways without scaping. My old skyline was too low & I hated the fact it was impractical that way. The 350Z is like a cheaper 911, it’s a great fun sports car that is still practical enough to be your daily driver.

I think I’ll save my money & work towards owning the new GTR instead of moding the zed.

Bodgy Racing Developments
07-06-07, 10:28 PM
clean car!

on a side note, on of the most classy looking websites ive ever seen you got there!!

evodence
07-06-07, 10:49 PM
clean car!

on a side note, on of the most classy looking websites ive ever seen you got there!!
Thanks!
Cheers, designed & built myself :)

scathing
08-06-07, 12:58 AM
I think I’ll save my money & work towards owning the new GTR instead of moding the zed.

That's fair enough.

I just can't imagine owning a Z without a catback though. With one of the three I mentioned it gives the note that right amount of aggressiveness while still being quiet, and most people who've never been in the car stock assumes a car that looks the way ours do should sound that way.

If you're into cornering, get a set of swaybars for it at least. Completely stealth, and they'll dial out a lot of the understeer that everyone dislikes about the car. And they're not expensive, especially if you install yourself.

evodence
08-06-07, 04:36 AM
That's fair enough.

I just can't imagine owning a Z without a catback though. With one of the three I mentioned it gives the note that right amount of aggressiveness while still being quiet, and most people who've never been in the car stock assumes a car that looks the way ours do should sound that way.

If you're into cornering, get a set of swaybars for it at least. Completely stealth, and they'll dial out a lot of the understeer that everyone dislikes about the car. And they're not expensive, especially if you install yourself.
Man stop persuading me into moding the zed! I’ve been clean for about 9 months now. Now your trying to get me back into it no no...

But just out of curiosity, how much would a cat back exhaust upgrade cost me? Lol. What’s the best twin tip exhaust upgrade people recommend? I’d want something which legitimately works by flowing better & it’d have to have a dam mean note for mid to high range, as long as it’s quiet under 3000rpm like you said, that sounds pretty good to me.

Owww & how much would a sway bar be, I wouldn’t mind correcting the understeer indeed.

scathing
08-06-07, 06:30 AM
My HiTech catback (http://www.au-z.org/gallery/my350z_20040705_exhaust) is apparently going for $1300-$1400 these days (Y pipe, midpipe, rear muffler), from HiTech. You can probably find one used for a lot less.

It looks stock, and when that's all I had on the car you couldn't hear it until past 3000RPM where it took on an angrier, more metallic note. Not much louder, though. Its only when I fitted the unboxed pod filter (http://www.au-z.org/gallery/my350z_20040830_popcharger) that it got reasonably loud in the top end. With those two mods (which I ran until about 2 weeks ago), most people who heard my car would agree that the car sounded like an animal when I revved it out. It sounds a lot less aggressive now that I'm running extractors and high flow cats. :(

Not sure how much the APS catback costs these days. It was the same price as my HiTech back in '04 ($1800) so perhaps its price has also dropped in-line.

As for the Fujitsubo, I'd expect it to be more expensive being Japanese made. You could try our sponsor, Mu's Secret, and see what they can do for you.

My swaybars were ordered from Roadholder Suspension (with 3 adjustment points), who had them made up. They're thicker, and solid. I suspect they're made by the same guys that do Whiteline's (judging by the yellow paint). I got mine for $600 fitted. I ran them on the stiffest settings when I had stock springs and they were great.

Are you in or near Sydney? From your site's background, the tower looks like the "Big Donger" on the foreshore at Newcastle. I know a couple of guys in Sydney with just the HiTech on their cars, so you can get an idea of what it'd sound like. If I remember correctly you're on 350Z-Tech, so if we can get a meet that swings north you might want to join us.

evodence
08-06-07, 12:35 PM
My HiTech catback (http://www.au-z.org/gallery/my350z_20040705_exhaust) is apparently going for $1300-$1400 these days (Y pipe, midpipe, rear muffler), from HiTech. You can probably find one used for a lot less.

It looks stock, and when that's all I had on the car you couldn't hear it until past 3000RPM where it took on an angrier, more metallic note. Not much louder, though. Its only when I fitted the unboxed pod filter (http://www.au-z.org/gallery/my350z_20040830_popcharger) that it got reasonably loud in the top end. With those two mods (which I ran until about 2 weeks ago), most people who heard my car would agree that the car sounded like an animal when I revved it out. It sounds a lot less aggressive now that I'm running extractors and high flow cats. :(

Not sure how much the APS catback costs these days. It was the same price as my HiTech back in '04 ($1800) so perhaps its price has also dropped in-line.

As for the Fujitsubo, I'd expect it to be more expensive being Japanese made. You could try our sponsor, Mu's Secret, and see what they can do for you.

My swaybars were ordered from Roadholder Suspension (with 3 adjustment points), who had them made up. They're thicker, and solid. I suspect they're made by the same guys that do Whiteline's (judging by the yellow paint). I got mine for $600 fitted. I ran them on the stiffest settings when I had stock springs and they were great.

Are you in or near Sydney? From your site's background, the tower looks like the "Big Donger" on the foreshore at Newcastle. I know a couple of guys in Sydney with just the HiTech on their cars, so you can get an idea of what it'd sound like. If I remember correctly you're on 350Z-Tech, so if we can get a meet that swings north you might want to join us.
Yeah price doesn’t sound too bad, I’ve had a look at the APS system too, that looks pretty good, sounds good from the online video’s I’ve watched. Have you heard their exhaust on the 350 in action?

Hahaha yes ‘that’ tower is here in Newcastle indeed, yeah I’ll keep an eye out on the cruze details on 350Z Tech & try to make one sometime.

Evan
08-06-07, 06:22 PM
Looks like under stockton bridge

scathing
08-06-07, 10:03 PM
I have heard it on the 350Z. On a NA car its a bit quieter than the HiTech. On the TT car, it sounds like an RB.

evodence
10-06-07, 01:13 AM
Looks like under stockton bridge
Yep you’re right

I have heard it on the 350Z. On a NA car its a bit quieter than the HiTech. On the TT car, it sounds like an RB.
Hmmm well mine is an NA, so would you recommend it from your knowledge or not? If not what would you suggest for the NA Catback setup otherwise?

scathing
10-06-07, 11:31 AM
To be honest, there's so little in it between the APS and HiTech when its catback only, it boils down to if you prefer an OEM sized rear muffler or a small one and a personal preference for the slightly different notes.

I can't think of anyone with just an APS catback these days, but I know of at least 1 car with just the HiTech on 350Z-Tech. I'll see if he'll come out for a drive.

vtec-NA.th
10-06-07, 04:32 PM
those pics are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO awesome..

oh and so is the car :p

evodence
10-06-07, 11:26 PM
To be honest, there's so little in it between the APS and HiTech when its catback only, it boils down to if you prefer an OEM sized rear muffler or a small one and a personal preference for the slightly different notes.

I can't think of anyone with just an APS catback these days, but I know of at least 1 car with just the HiTech on 350Z-Tech. I'll see if he'll come out for a drive.
I think I’m leaning towards the APS hey, I like the fact its duel exhaust the whole way through like the stock setup & from what I’ve read & heard, it sounds pretty good. Might do something about it in a few weeks. I've already emailed for a quote but nothing back yet.

those pics are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO awesome..

oh and so is the car :p
Thanks man! Cheers :)

dc5r168
11-06-07, 02:12 AM
Nice car and pics

black looks good on the 350Z

evodence
11-06-07, 07:49 PM
Nice car and pics

black looks good on the 350Z
Thank you :)
Yeah I love black cars & the 350 has an en excellent paint job :)