PDA

View Full Version : Hello, here is my ae85? technically?

Jing
02-07-07, 04:19 PM
:)

For those of you that wasn't at the meet here is my new car.

For those that i met at the met, thanks for providing a friendly welcome :mrgreen:

I havent really had the time to take proper pics but here is a few well just two :-o

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/JDC5R/ae86.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/JDC5R/ae86cropped.jpg

Babalouie
02-07-07, 04:24 PM
So technically it's Hachi-Go then :)

deez
02-07-07, 04:24 PM
Very clean, very white.

What do you mean by technically Jing?

rupewrecht
02-07-07, 04:30 PM
That's a rather large wang - i likey!

Nice stance it's got too.

josh2.5
02-07-07, 04:33 PM
Damn very nice mate.

So does this mean the Micra is gone?

Shiri
02-07-07, 04:38 PM
technically it's an AE86... unless it's actually an AE85 lol

Jing
02-07-07, 04:40 PM
its adm so its ae85?

Shiri
02-07-07, 04:42 PM
ADM is AE86... check chassis code...

Mechanically it's more like an AE85 yeh... But it's technically an AE86 =b

BTW: It's very nice... Can I ask how much you picked her up for? And what's she got under the B?

Jing
02-07-07, 04:48 PM
Good info, i have absolutely no knowledge of this car, i dont even know what some of the mods i have means or do.

I am completly out of my comfort zone which was the purpose of purchasing this car.

It runs a 16V 4age with tomei cams and jdm ecu with 4-2-1 heat treated headers and a loud exhuast which will be swapped to the standard one tonight :)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
02-07-07, 04:50 PM
wow thats nice...

and yeah id also be interested to know how much it cost ya?

Shiri
02-07-07, 04:53 PM
Well share Jing... What mods are you unsure of their purpose? We're all here to help! =)

Dave R
02-07-07, 04:54 PM
what do u do 4 a living man? how do u guyz get all this money ?? lol!! dont u already have dc5r that is getting rebuilt and all ???

dam.. i should get a second job :p

Nice car mang!

deez
02-07-07, 04:57 PM
Jing is a host in Japan :)

Jing
02-07-07, 05:00 PM
*Engine*
4AGE bigport conversion, JDM Computer, 4 - 2 - 1 Heat Coated Extractors, 2 1/4 Exhaust, Mild Cam, Toda Lightened flywheel, Surge Tank.

*Brakes, Suspension and Diff*
Vented and slotted rotors, Koni short stroke shocks all round, custom 8kg springs in front 8.6kg in rear, Sigma Control Arms (makes front track wider), battle star 35mm bump steer blocks, front and rear panhard rods, strut brace, T-18 dum to drum rear end with 4:1 ratio locked center (comes with open center as well)

*Exterior and Interior*
SSR long champs 15" x 7.5", TRD "duck wing" rear spoiler, TRD lower Lip, Bride bucket seat, Nardi steering wheel, CD player

I think that the suspension needs new items as the current ones are most likely not the best for daily driving LOL

Babalouie
02-07-07, 05:11 PM
Jing is a host in Japan :)

I believe the technical term is Man-Ho

rupewrecht
02-07-07, 05:12 PM
Damn those are stiff springs for such a light car.

Evan
02-07-07, 05:21 PM
Looks hot dude!

Mike.V?!
02-07-07, 05:41 PM
Awesomeness, Jing

xero
02-07-07, 06:07 PM
*Engine*
4AGE bigport conversion, JDM Computer, 4 - 2 - 1 Heat Coated Extractors, 2 1/4 Exhaust, Mild Cam, Toda Lightened flywheel, Surge Tank.

*Brakes, Suspension and Diff*
Vented and slotted rotors, Koni short stroke shocks all round, custom 8kg springs in front 8.6kg in rear, Sigma Control Arms (makes front track wider), battle star 35mm bump steer blocks, front and rear panhard rods, strut brace, T-18 dum to drum rear end with 4:1 ratio locked center (comes with open center as well)

*Exterior and Interior*
SSR long champs 15" x 7.5", TRD "duck wing" rear spoiler, TRD lower Lip, Bride bucket seat, Nardi steering wheel, CD player

I think that the suspension needs new items as the current ones are most likely not the best for daily driving LOL
fuck it was nice to see in person!!

jing im pretty sure those cams would be 264deg, in/ex. seeing as its still running the standard comp. any more than that and it runs like a massive pig!

with the diff you really need to get a 1.5 at a minimum, whatever brand you like, lockers arent police friendly...

id almost wager that the shocks are koni yellows, being adjustable in the rear...
and its 8kg FRONT and 6kg REAR (i saw the add earlier) which is the optimal spring rate for an AE86.
you could probably keep the rears and maybe upgrade the fronts to coilovers with similar spring rates, camber tops would be optional, and the sigma control arms are whats giving you the massive neg camber...

what ever you do KEEP THE EXHAUST!!!!! n/a needs a ultra free flow exhaust if you have to quiet it, maybe upgrade you cat converter or fit a hotdog muffler... but make sure its high flow!!!

Jing
02-07-07, 06:08 PM
i dont think i will do much. LSD - softer springs - clean up interior and shes good to go.

no wait

good line front bumper
kouki indicators
cf/frp bonnet
bonnet latches
semis/work equip

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jing
02-07-07, 06:10 PM
fuck it was nice to see in person!!

jing im pretty sure those cams would be 264deg, in/ex. seeing as its still running the standard comp. any more than that and it runs like a massive pig!

with the diff you really need to get a 1.5 at a minimum, whatever brand you like, lockers arent police friendly...

id almost wager that the shocks are koni yellows, being adjustable in the rear...
and its 8kg FRONT and 6kg REAR (i saw the add earlier) which is the optimal spring rate for an AE86.
you could probably keep the rears and maybe upgrade the fronts to coilovers with similar spring rates, camber tops would be optional, and the sigma control arms and whats giving you the massive neg camber...

what ever you do KEEP THE EXHAUST!!!!! n/a needs a ultra free flow exhaust if you have to quiet it, maybe upgrade you cat converter or fit a hotdog muffler... but make sure its high flow!!!

Hmmmmmm but is koni yellows colored yellow?

becuase they are colored red :mrgreen:

the car is seesawing abit now and really cant handle sydney road bumps too well

[ekkY]
02-07-07, 06:11 PM
no wonder i ask ppl around that night who car was that

they all sceem clueless

nice car jing

xero
02-07-07, 06:15 PM
Hmmmmmm but is koni yellows colored yellow?

becuase they are colored red :mrgreen:

the car is seesawing abit now and really cant handle sydney road bumps too well

red and yellow are very similar, red being shorter...
their good shocks, but there is better out there...

if its see-sawing over bumps you might want to raise it up abit, its probably riding on the bump stops :lol:

and replacing the all the bushes would be a good idea to... soak up most of the vibrations

vtec-NA.th
02-07-07, 06:20 PM
such a great looking car in person... it was an honour to be parked 2 parking spots from it. :mrgreen:

even Sharon knew you had an 86~

rupewrecht
02-07-07, 06:27 PM
red and yellow are very similar, red being shorter...
their good shocks, but there is better out there...

Koni Yellows are externally adjustable damping, Reds are adjustable at installation only.

JDMryda
02-07-07, 06:28 PM
hey man can you email me high res versions of those photos... pretty please... ([email protected])

Jing
02-07-07, 06:35 PM
sure, give me awhile to prep them please :)

what res do you want?

Buddy
02-07-07, 06:46 PM
its adm so its ae85?

look just above the engine on the fire wall.. it will saw ae86... all aussie spec sprinters are ae86

Jing
02-07-07, 06:48 PM
extra jdm bling value ftmfw

JDMryda
02-07-07, 07:20 PM
sure, give me awhile to prep them please :)

what res do you want?

sweet, as for the res i'm not sure just whatever....

wilch
02-07-07, 07:27 PM
awesome dude!

16v 4AGE ftw!!!

So jealous right now. So very, very jealous right now.

JustinS14
02-07-07, 07:34 PM
I think that the suspension needs new items as the current ones are most likely not the best for daily driving LOL Dude that thing isnt ment for a daily leave it off tits.

1.5 would be nice.

Love the neg camber.

menty
02-07-07, 07:38 PM
Wow jing, I was very interested in this car. I had shot an email to the guy selling it, but I guess you snapped it up.

Did you pay much for it?

kre
02-07-07, 07:44 PM
that's pretty hot right there.:cool:

Dori*mon
02-07-07, 10:00 PM
very hot and super clean, love your wheels

phillb
02-07-07, 10:07 PM
Thats one nice Hachi.. hmm makes me want a second car lol...

Deviliss
02-07-07, 10:14 PM
Very nice ride mate!!

ATMOSR
02-07-07, 10:59 PM
very clean buddy!

A mate was going to look at this car-even tho he did have 11, 500 on it.

D CUPS
02-07-07, 11:40 PM
that is hot jing!

how much did you pick it up for? and where?

eg5
03-07-07, 01:29 AM
awsome car Jing :) love the stance of it

Luc
03-07-07, 02:29 AM
can I just ask Jing, what do you do in your spare time, finance revolutions? funnel illegal weapons into sub saharan africa... because from what I see, all you do is spend money ! What I want to know, is how you get it. Cuz I want to spend money on cars too!

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-07-07, 03:50 AM
can I just ask Jing, what do you do in your spare time, finance revolutions? funnel illegal weapons into sub saharan africa... because from what I see, all you do is spend money ! What I want to know, is how you get it. Cuz I want to spend money on cars too!

seen fast and the furious?

lol jing can be vin diesel and you can be paul walker....double cross jing the second you find out and whilst your at it if jing (like diesel) has a lil sister in jdmstfatf go for it too :twisted:

xero
03-07-07, 10:26 AM
Koni Yellows are externally adjustable damping, Reds are adjustable at installation only.

ahhh thanks rupe!! couldnt remember anything at the time...

my brain got stuck in first... then stalled.

rupewrecht
03-07-07, 10:34 AM
ahhh thanks rupe!! couldnt remember anything at the time...

my brain got stuck in first... then stalled.

All good, share the love i say haha

josh..
03-07-07, 10:47 AM
one hot 86! was a treat to see it for real

A'PEXi
03-07-07, 11:17 AM
omg another car! :P a nice one might i add, ssrs ftw!

Denial
03-07-07, 11:50 AM
Thats a hot car i was lookn at the Neg Camber on the front , I love it !!

Jazzle
03-07-07, 12:03 PM
hey jing, wanna ask, ,was the camber done on purpose?? :lol:

Cappuccino
03-07-07, 12:07 PM
love the 86 jing looks hot.... the whole stance of it is awesome :D

Babalouie
03-07-07, 12:10 PM
hey jing, wanna ask, ,was the camber done on purpose?? :lol:

He who dies with the most camber wins.

However when you have that much camber, death is actually more of a possibility than usual :D

Jing
03-07-07, 12:23 PM
Yes whilst the stance of the car is impressive i am more interested in better handling.

Always a comprimise hey? and always trying to work out what the best comprimise is.

I have a feeling the camber was done to simply tuck the wheels into the fender though, i could be wrong.

Thanks for your comments and in regards to the profession i am in, i dont think it really matters. I think what matters is i like to expeirence all sorts of different cars and to learn first hand about them. The same reason why i couldn't see myself in an ae86 is excatly what prompted me to purchase it i believe.

Matt Mead
03-07-07, 12:27 PM
hey jing, i own a sprinter aswell....

i think you are correct with the sigma arms being used to push the guards to the fenders.... sigma arms give excesive camber and track, and im sure u will find that your swaybar mounts are either been re drilled or the sway bar isnt conected at all...

if you want to know more about your sprinter i recommend you head to

http://www.hachiroku.com.au/forums/index.php

and sign up and ask away with your questions

fullmetal
03-07-07, 12:39 PM
tough looking sprinter man! the paint looks very shiny too!

damn seeing all these nice ae86's makes me want one now haha

felixR
03-07-07, 04:37 PM
congrats on the purchase buddy! :)

doofus
03-07-07, 05:59 PM
damn nice purchase man!!! i love that! looks hot hot hot!

blend the wing to the boot jing!

like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/rt1314/ae86croppedblended.jpg

that looks smoooottthhh!!

Jing
07-07-07, 06:05 PM
my car is now ghettooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/JDC5R/AE86/clip.jpg

Jing
07-07-07, 06:10 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/JDC5R/AE86/1.jpg

Jing
07-07-07, 06:11 PM
damn nice purchase man!!! i love that! looks hot hot hot!

blend the wing to the boot jing!

like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/rt1314/ae86croppedblended.jpg

that looks smoooottthhh!!

love your work. All that photoshopping with rims on ur s15 has paid off i see :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will contemplate that actually hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hot_toyota18
07-07-07, 06:32 PM
hey! I was at the meet at the rhodes carpark and noticed your car, very nice, gotta love the toyota's:) i have a 91 seca ultima:) sadly being sold but making way for an mr2;) anyways awesome car see u round

hebe
09-07-07, 11:16 AM
You so did not change your exhaust back....but I love it...so loud

BTW funny when seeing you and Ed coming outta the petrol station cos all I could see was two heads bopping up and down as leaving driveway...hahaha

Jing
09-07-07, 11:29 AM
yeah that was a bad exit...... definitly uncool LOL

tez
09-07-07, 09:58 PM
Are those cable ties holding the edges of the front bar in? Thats probably the ghettoest thing I've ever seen ahahahahah but you've made it look quite pretty actually :o

Cappuccino
09-07-07, 10:18 PM
cable ties ftw!!!

bony
10-07-07, 12:06 AM
wow... another 86 in the forums... i'm definitely coming to the nxt meetup to check it out if ur there...
btw..becareful with that much camber man.."With great camber comes great responsibility."