PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Best Motoring (Old School)

Gorilla
14-10-06, 03:46 PM
Awesome vid.

F40, Veilside Supra, NSXR, RUF, Porsche, Viper etc etc.

LOOOVE the F40! And the External on the supra!! NSXR is an awesome car too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwD_grNCXCk

shonen
14-10-06, 04:15 PM
hahaha nice find Shane....

at around the 8:20 mark when the Porsche gets pushed off the track after the corner exit on the final lap...the driver of the Porsche is yelling out "oyajiii!!" to I think it was Gan san drving the 456.....

That made me crack up hard......

ps

oyaji means "old man" in Japanese.....bit of a slang term I guess used by punk kids sometimes when refering to their dads.

Takumi calls his dad that as well....hahaha

RX4
14-10-06, 04:16 PM
funniest thing was the 456 driver, gansan i think?, giggling as the supra passed him (7:21) - but he sounded just like the supra's bov! haha

Gorilla
14-10-06, 04:59 PM
how quick is the F40 passing the Porsche!

IcemaN
14-10-06, 09:53 PM
wow very suprised by the nsx (VTEC YO!!) in that video!!!! but would have been a very different story on a faster track:S that f40's straigh line speed is amazing!!!!!!!!! the ruf's straight line speed aswell, its a pitty about its handling. very good vid, with some close calls to some expensive cars:)
nice find

Luc
15-10-06, 01:50 AM
what is everyones obsession with VTEC.

I wish there was a GTR there .

But I guess it was RWD race.

shonen
15-10-06, 05:16 AM
Luc, I dont understand it either....I mean it just feels like a massive turbo like a T88 running 1 psi boost........

hahahaha im gonna get flamed for that...

Honestly though I do have a LOT more respect for the Hondas after I drove a few well sorted ones.....A vtec engine in a stripped out car which revs to 9000rpm is a LOT of fun :)

VTECMACHINE
15-10-06, 03:36 PM
That video was awsome... that F40 was quickkkk! That supra was cool too... although boost hit late?¿?

In response to above:
course turbo's are the way to go for speed...

Us Honda boys don't have turbo... so we praise the next best thing ever invented. Although after driving my mates skyline and Sti I would neva get a turbo... there's wayyyy too much lag. Throttle response is the way!

RX4
15-10-06, 03:50 PM
dood! take off your blinkers man. i don't to put you in my bad books again ;)

how did you drive those cars? same as your na? if the car owners were with you, did they tell you how to drive it? and did you? do they even know how to drive "properly" :) how is their car and turbo setup - does it have 1000rpm in the range? or 2-3000.

your throttle response statement can be applied if you're in the boost range - it's the driver to keep it there ;)

don't bag turbo cars about having wayyyyyyy to much lag so you would never get a turbo! you just don't know how to drive them ;)

bogan
15-10-06, 04:31 PM
"Ah VTEC. All the lag and none of the turbo. Its like waiting for bad sex."

- busky2k on Silviansw [who shamelessly quoted someone else]

VTECMACHINE
15-10-06, 05:10 PM
I made a judgement from stock turbo cars... regardless if i can't drive or didn't know to drive a turbo car, that was MY judgement. And not once did I pay turbo's out... I even said that they are awsome... but not my cup off tea!

RX4
15-10-06, 05:53 PM
You said the f40 was awesome. you said turbo's are the way to go for speed. you mentioned that turbo cars have wayyyyyyy too much lag.

of course they most likely are wayyyyyyy too laggy - it's stock - as you mentioned - which you failed to mention originally. but so what's your point then? stock turbo cars have wayyyyyyy too much lag?

sure it may be your driving style you like na. hell i love na. it's your judgement, i have mine. we both prefer na.

VTECMACHINE
15-10-06, 06:02 PM
what! LOL

Okay what ever man...
what's no blinkers?

Levos1
19-10-06, 12:15 PM
WOW! Chillax Dudes!!

And Pretty Ricky Cant Drive! heheeh LOL! hahaha!
Dats Funny!

van
19-10-06, 12:22 PM
Awesome link Questlove, cheers!

RX4 and VTECMachine, I've just edited your posts. Keep your attitudes toward each other out of your forum discussions, or take them to email.

Gorilla
19-10-06, 04:17 PM
My pleaseure haha, i love it, ive watched it like 5 times now!

bogan
21-10-06, 04:20 AM
what's no blinkers?

Blinkers are what horses wear to not get distracted/frightened by the surrounding environment. To focus on a tunnel vision path. He means be open minded about things and not to always look in one set direction/idea.