Security:twisted:
The works:lol:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3750/dsc00263jc31rb9.jpg

Dori*mon
08-07-07, 08:26 PM
not bad, but those tailights =/

Dave R
08-07-07, 09:39 PM
its nice, although not entirely a fan of the rear lights and rims... but then again, who am i.. its ur car and ur money so if u like it, thats all that matters :)

And once again, nice car :)

FC3S
09-07-07, 01:47 AM
hey kin, it's nic with the red rx7!
good driver up at the OP! *thumbs up

SHOGUNOVDDRK
09-07-07, 02:11 AM
kin nice car :) (it shits on my civic :P ) just wondering did you install all of that stereo stuff or did you get it done professionaly? :lol:

Oscar
09-07-07, 05:02 AM
yo Kin
didn't realiseyou got so much mods on your ek already
good job !

btw its Oscar with my sloowz

IcemaN
09-07-07, 11:57 AM
WTF 3.5" exaust or muffler?

Deviliss
09-07-07, 12:27 PM
nice ride!!

jdm_kid
09-07-07, 01:34 PM
never knew Mugen made D series headers?

chi
09-07-07, 01:50 PM
ooooh "kay" "series"ously

Kaotic
09-07-07, 06:30 PM
WTF 3.5" exaust or muffler?

3.5'' Muffler...my bad...3.5" exhaust would kill some power

yo Kin
didn't realiseyou got so much mods on your ek already
good job !

btw its Oscar with my sloowz

hey oscar! Hehehe yeah just a few

kin nice car :) (it shits on my civic :P ) just wondering did you install all of that stereo stuff or did you get it done professionaly? :lol:

Lol... I had pretty much all of the sound system installed by my mate/family friend whos a mechanic and knows some stuff about car audio,we took a while doing things but the finish was sweet... only thing he didnt do was th MB Quarts 6'' splits and the Capacitor...

hey kin, it's nic with the red rx7!
good driver up at the OP! *thumbs up

Hehehe thanks nic... yeah that was a good night up at the OP...no casualties!!
your rx-7 is hot!! its initial D style...hehehe

Kaotic
09-07-07, 06:31 PM
thanks all for ya comments!!!!!!!!

minix3
18-09-07, 04:02 AM
sif hav blue windscreen wipers and sif get bagged out so badly about ur taillights hahahahhahahhaha xx

Cappuccino
18-09-07, 10:06 AM
sif hav blue windscreen wipers and sif get bagged out so badly about ur taillights hahahahhahahhaha xx

Umm seriously type in proper english that was very diffcult to read and i couldnt understand any of it.

minix3
18-09-07, 03:46 PM
Umm seriously type in proper english that was very diffcult to read and i couldnt understand any of it.

hahahah thats because it was to KAOTIC noone else is suppose to understand it.

Anchor
18-09-07, 04:02 PM
If that was the case then you could have sent him a SMS or a PM.

But you chose to type it on a public forum with a lot more members than just Kaotic and yourself.

The rules are listed at the top of every forum by the way, and typing in English is one of them. I think you should read them.

We seem to have to go through this with ever third person that joins the forum now.. :rolleyes:

Rad
18-09-07, 04:11 PM
Lighten up kiddies, there's enough room in sand pit for everyone.

minix3
18-09-07, 04:23 PM
Relax kiddies I'm a n00b!

Justin Fox
18-09-07, 04:30 PM
"n00bness" excused, but no more westy gangster talk around here please! :)

Kaotic
18-09-07, 07:17 PM
hehehe... My girls a gangsta!! Yeah shes so asian and types like one to..

Sorry justin for my Noob girl..

Elwood
07-10-07, 07:59 PM
never knew Mugen made D series headers?

theres prolly a reason :P

where abouts in eastwood are you from mate? im from epping, maybe u seen me in the dc2r in my avatar or in a red eg breeze with a ugly front bar and ugly chrome rims :P

wngo
08-10-07, 03:16 AM
"n00bness" excused, but no more westy gangster talk around here please! :)

LOL westies FTW!

Kaotic
17-12-07, 12:09 AM
new things added/deleted...

Looks much cleaner now:)
darker tints...took off some stickers...new racing k&n pod filter.. ect

sax
17-12-07, 12:13 AM
nice car man.. but that heat shield looks funny... isnt there a better one around? or what that DIY ? :P

wasabi
17-12-07, 12:17 AM
yer heat shield looks abit dodgy but nice additions to the car man.. guessing the tail lights arnt gona go?

Chidori
17-12-07, 12:26 AM
very nice car .. .

any chance of pics of the 10,000k hid' kit... n do other drivers highbeam you because they think its too bright? lol

BA55AR
17-12-07, 12:26 AM
oh is dat why u were taking photos before!!!! anyways what u gona do with ur old POD?

wasabi
17-12-07, 12:32 AM
very nice car .. .

any chance of pics of the 10,000k hid' kit... n do other drivers highbeam you because they think its too bright? lol

pretty sure it dosnt make it brighter.. if anytihng its not as bright as it makes the colour more blue/purple.

BA55AR
17-12-07, 12:35 AM
very nice car .. .

you would hate to drive infront of him because ur rear and side mirrors wont stop shining in ur eyes!!!!! thats why i always let him drive in front of me!!!

Kaotic
17-12-07, 12:39 AM
oh is dat why u were taking photos before!!!! anyways what u gona do with ur old POD?
hehehe yeah... Selling old pod for $20:)

very nice car .. .

Ummmm dont think i have any but ill try and take some when i get the chance...
yeah i get the occasional high beam... but i just high beam them back:) lol

nice car man.. but that heat shield looks funny... isnt there a better one around? or what that DIY ? :P
Yeah diy heat shield;) but does the job...if i can find something cheap on the market then ill get one

yer heat shield looks abit dodgy but nice additions to the car man.. guessing the tail lights arnt gona go?
still thinking about the tail lights.... i want the 99-2001 rear tail lights if they fit?

blahz
17-12-07, 10:11 AM
nice car!
taillights looks good

Kaotic
17-12-07, 07:30 PM
couple of pro pics;)

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3871/20654598868a5c31d337o1qw2.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7910/mg31251ap4.jpg

Justin Fox
17-12-07, 07:34 PM
God damn that needs to be slammed!

Kaotic
17-12-07, 07:38 PM
Hahahaha.... yes yes justin.... thinking about that soon:)

you need exhaust!!! i need dumpage;)!!! lol...

Cappuccino
17-12-07, 08:39 PM

i was thinking the same thing!!

Kaotic
17-12-07, 09:54 PM
i also have a realy steep drive way:(

so dumpage means scrapage >.< ....how much does it cost to get springs installed? ill prob give yonas a call to hook me up with something:)

EGG80X
17-12-07, 10:01 PM
come over to my place and I'll do it for a case of beer

Kaotic
17-12-07, 10:49 PM
come over to my place and I'll do it for a case of beer

REALY!!!!! im scared to do it and i dont realy wana do it.......

Thanks Kelv!!!!! ill tell you when i get them:) Whoa your the best!!!

tell me what beer you drink and ill get it all ready...prob after xmas some time when your free...

CORZA
17-12-07, 11:32 PM
ek lights are always for sale on ozhonda, cheap too under $100, Definately needs to be slammed

milkman
18-12-07, 12:25 AM
What a hot car.. I love it!

eug4emi
18-12-07, 03:28 PM
drop it like its hot!

blahz
18-12-07, 05:24 PM
KAOTIC sticker looks awesome!!

Rad
20-12-07, 11:27 AM
a) Take civic and the black sticker off boot
b) Lower it!!!
c) get some jdm tail lights? or paint the silver black on the lights.

Cappuccino
20-12-07, 07:37 PM
i also have a realy steep drive way:(

so dumpage means scrapage >.< ....how much does it cost to get springs installed? ill prob give yonas a call to hook me up with something:)

Ive got one of those rounded driveways taht scares everyone off... you take it right you wont have any problems, my cappa, my brothers 180 and evo9 have no problems what so ever providing you take it nice and easy and sideways!!!

Kaotic
20-12-07, 08:02 PM
a) Take civic and the black sticker off boot
b) Lower it!!!
c) get some jdm tail lights? or paint the silver black on the lights.

a) if i take the civic and the honda badge off then the paint will come with it... so its too much of a hassel:(
b) Soon.... next mod hopefully if i dont spent id else where...lol
c) Yes [EGG8OX] Kelv was telling me to do this... maby in the holidays ill try it out since i have more time on my hands:)

ps: Whats the best paint for spraying rims? i am currently using VHT high temperature matt black pain(pic below).... anything better?

this is what im using..
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/678/dsc01614sp7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

meadan
20-12-07, 08:09 PM
i painted my rims with vht brake caliper paint. theyll all give basically the same finish i think.
though mine faded a bit after a while, matt black seems to do that

Kaotic
20-12-07, 08:14 PM
i painted my rims with vht brake caliper paint. theyll all give basically the same finish i think.
though mine faded a bit after a while, matt black seems to do that

yeah it seems to be wearing off or fading?? like it doesnt seem as black:/

wasnt sure if it was just me or the paint... cause it has about 5 or so coates on it...

Stunn-R
22-12-07, 12:26 PM
very nice car .. .

a higher "k" doesn't make the lights brighter.. it just gives its a different tinge of colour

i have 6000k on my s14a and 6000k and 4300k are the brightest whilst retaining white light. 4300k is pure white, 6000k has a hint of blue and 8000k is HEAPS blue! The higher the "k" the lower the brightness

ANYhow, thats a nice civic, but If i was you, I would put the stock taillights back on, tint them black and then lower the car a few inches :)

- Rohan

Elwood
22-12-07, 02:30 PM
the heatsheild looks like a mousepad!!

take some pics when you drop it Kin, itll look niiiiiice

bony
26-12-07, 11:44 AM
i got foggies that will make ur civic look JDM yO! pm me if aroused for them

nam
26-12-07, 12:46 PM
ps: Whats the best paint for spraying rims? i am currently using VHT high temperature matt black pain(pic below).... anything better?

Not sure if its the best but did last 12 months until I sold the rims;
2x Cans of a good primer (by good i mean most expensive on the shelf lol) - $15 ea
3x Cans of Aussie Export black spray paint $3 ea
2x Cans of a good gloss finish clear coat

Kaotic
26-12-07, 01:28 PM
i got foggies that will make ur civic look JDM yO! pm me if aroused for them
pmed

Not sure if its the best but did last 12 months until I sold the rims;
2x Cans of a good primer (by good i mean most expensive on the shelf lol) - $15 ea
3x Cans of Aussie Export black spray paint $3 ea
2x Cans of a good gloss finish clear coat
Yeah i forgot/didnt use a primer as some ppl told me it wasnt nessasary...

do u think it would be better to strip the paint and re do it with a primer? or just keep spraying over them? cause the paint isnt peeling off...it just looks like its fadding and like the silver is coming through so it doesnt look so black...i was thinking of doing it today since its a nice hot day:)

i was also thinking about getting them air brushed?? i wanted to get them powder coated but cant cause they have to be baked in the oven which means i have to take the tyres off:/

VTi_b0i
26-12-07, 05:05 PM
nice ride mang, do u still have the old rims?

Edi-no-son
26-12-07, 05:21 PM
I'm surprised i haven't seen u around in Eastwood at all lolz

J
26-12-07, 06:24 PM
Dont use export paint, buy IronLak

Hens
26-12-07, 11:20 PM
if you sand down to metal use etch primer otherwise normal primer will do the trick.

VTECMACHINE
27-12-07, 12:32 AM
Errrrmmm don't like the rims, tail lights, ride height. Although that "racing" K&N filter must have added heaps of powa! :P
They so aren't Toda 4-2-1's. If they are... sorry, but they don't look like Toda.

I reakon you should lower it a bit, and get a CTR/Mugen front lip or something. Please take off the Type R badge, it's not a Type R - nor does it have a B-series engine.

I never knew Mugen made genuine seat covers.

Hens
27-12-07, 01:12 AM
add the spoiler to the list.

it would be so much better with oem lights, take off the middle spoiler, leave the top one.
lower it.

you are really pushing your limits using 8GA power cabling to power 2x amps:)

we all got to start somewhere though
my first set of 16s were used at stock height many years ago.
then diy spring install decked 3inch, was under the guards, pumping 140db+ on george st.
back then it was cruise culture.
memories...

Chidori
27-12-07, 01:17 AM
if you sand down to metal use etch primer otherwise normal primer will do the trick.

sanding does help a fair bit ... although the only issue is the time it takes to do it.

i used the "PowerPlus" range to paint some wheels and they had turned out better than i had expected, they are a little pricey though.

N|A
27-12-07, 02:18 AM
i ddnt know Toda made headers for the D16 or any SOHC rigs

unless the B series headers fit .. :/

IMO ditch the 2nd spoiler (lower one).. and slam it big time.
oh and some nice audio gear you have running.

Oscar
27-12-07, 03:33 AM
Errrrmmm don't like the rims, tail lights, ride height. Although that "racing" K&N filter must have added heaps of powa! :P
They so aren't Toda 4-2-1's. If they are... sorry, but they don't look like Toda.

I reakon you should lower it a bit, and get a CTR/Mugen front lip or something. Please take off the Type R badge, it's not a Type R - nor does it have a B-series engine.

I never knew Mugen made genuine seat covers.

we have pretty much similar thoughts...

spec_23
27-12-07, 03:27 PM
it needs to be dropped hard!!! and those taillights.....

Kaotic
28-12-07, 05:38 PM
Yes yes i have been working on those tail lights... iv been realy busy hence the reason for them bling bling tail lights to be still on... but now the holidays have come around and i have had much more time on my hands...so the last couple of days i have been busy to work on my car:)

hope u like some of the new additions....next is suspension which will be done next year along with some type of front lip if possible:)

Sprayed side skirts silver to match
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8901/dsc01615xp6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Tinted side indicators
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1017/dsc01616wh9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Tinted and Replaced oem tail lights
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6904/dsc01619pf7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3249/dsc01621gw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2315/dsc01623gb6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5748/dsc01622ff6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nath
28-12-07, 06:02 PM
Hey Kin,

How about painting the black rubbing strips that run along the sides and the bumper quarters silver like you've done with the skirts? That would help a lot. Also, I'd go back to STOCK tail lights and maybe clear side repeaters too. With the dark tint, you've got too much black on the silver at the moment.

Not being critical, but more of just a thought to help make the civic the best it can.

Kaotic
28-12-07, 06:10 PM
Hey Kin,

How about painting the black rubbing strips that run along the sides and the bumper quarters silver like you've done with the skirts? That would help a lot. Also, I'd go back to STOCK tail lights and maybe clear side repeaters too. With the dark tint, you've got too much black on the silver at the moment.

Not being critical, but more of just a thought to help make the civic the best it can.

i was going to paint the black strips on the doors and bumpers to but i kinda like it how its silver and black... thought silver looks a little pansy? but yes all silver would make it look much cleaner... Awww im starting to like the tinted side repeators and tail lights... i was thinking of getting clear side repeators b4 but thats $50 spent some where else:)

thanks though...

wasabi
28-12-07, 06:15 PM
saw the car today at eastwood .. looks much better with blacked tail lights but STOCK > BLACK > CLEAR imo. Yer and i agree colour code the side mouldings. Ild also remove the mid spoiler and the "powered by honda" badge and maybe some stickers but hey thats just me.

But nice work on tinting the tail lights.

Justin Fox
28-12-07, 07:30 PM
Painting lights is dodgey dude, not to mention you'll most likely get defected for painting them too.

Agreed we all have to start somewhere, but in your situation, going back to 100% dead stock would earn you a better looking car than what you have got after your modifications!

Take a good look through the Civic Picture Gallery in the appearance thread, there's many hot Civics in there, much of which you can use for inspiration.

nath
28-12-07, 07:36 PM
Had a thought.

Can you take a good hi res shot of your car as it is now, post it up and then maybe some of us on here with some decent photoshop skills could do a chop on what might look the best using the elements / parts that you have. I would be more than happy to do this and I'm sure other people would be too. It might help to visualise the modifications more clearly on what would be achievable on a limited budget / DIY level.

FC3S
28-12-07, 07:47 PM
all that DIY? if it is, not bad man!
your getting there..

J
28-12-07, 08:34 PM
Tinting rear lights can be an issue.
Its harder to see, i don't care what they say, and its also a defect item.

Id say, going to stock tail lights would be your best bet.
if spray the side strip silver, as against the black, it would look a whole lot better.

The middle spoiler is also a killer. Its just uglier every time you see an ek with one.

eug4emi
28-12-07, 08:53 PM
each to their own, but if i had your cvc, next steps i would do that aren't too budget hurting are:

1. tail lights are better than clear but like most said, go back to stock, sell ur tinted ones on ozhonda or sumfin
2. go for clear side indicators
3. rims are ok for now - but drop it so that the gap is gone
4. de badge whole car
5. change front grill to mugen style one
6. rid off wiper cover and red water nozzles
7. rear stickers are fine but the front honda one is a bit too much
8. colour code side and rear strips to body colour

Just my 2 cents, keep it up though dude, I know you are trying very hard :)

minix3
28-12-07, 11:13 PM
maybe you should change it back to stock to stop attracting even more attention to your car as you "gun it around eastwood"

s_vtec
28-12-07, 11:30 PM
he guns it around eastwood? OOH-00K

Oscar
28-12-07, 11:34 PM
maybe you should change it back to stock to stop attracting even more attention to your car as you "gun it around eastwood"

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Justin Fox
29-12-07, 12:21 AM
Some inspiration for you. Simple and clean.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA0OTIxNDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9457/img23894on9nn.jpg

http://is.rely.net/1-1094-15687-l-szTj7UYwa6IJn1nlyT3Lg.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA0MDIxMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODEyMzY0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/1type/new%20HB/IMG_0044.jpg

http://is.rely.net/1-421-34012-l-lxgYuJCEXeIgIBHyqiUmA.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c225/Nate047/EKSquadMeet22.jpg

Cappuccino
29-12-07, 01:29 AM
i agree with justin....^ those pics are hot and proves that less = more

Chidori
29-12-07, 08:43 AM
those pics are nice... very slick and clean.

although the DIY tinted tail light job was done nicely compared to a fair few that i have seen out there.

IcemaN
29-12-07, 01:23 PM
its very very very easy to mod a civic to be clean hot and jdm
some more examples

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6008/43007005ft0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4894/16cz9vo6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

p.s. stock taillights ftw and unpaineted side skirts and mouldings.

J
29-12-07, 02:36 PM
usdm stylin makes for hotter ek

Hens
29-12-07, 03:00 PM
heres another simple one
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2029/copyofek1db6.jpg

Hens
29-12-07, 03:04 PM
Painting lights is dodgey dude, not to mention you'll most likely get defected for painting them too.

Agreed we all have to start somewhere, but in your situation, going back to 100% dead stock would earn you a better looking car than what you have got after your modifications!

Take a good look through the Civic Picture Gallery in the appearance thread, there's many hot Civics in there, much of which you can use for inspiration.

that nightshades stuff is highly illegal.
why would you want to reduce vision of your brake lights anyway? To increase chance of a rear ender occuring?

nath
29-12-07, 03:13 PM
heres another simple one
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2029/copyofek1db6.jpg

Henry, that's the perfect example of how to do it right with minimal cash and mods. Kaotic, take note!

Sell off the those lexus tail lights, buy some mirrors. Dump it. Win.

Serial Killa
29-12-07, 03:38 PM
Everyone says to 'dump it'

Define 'dump it' for me please

nath
29-12-07, 03:53 PM
Sorry, lower it about 2 inches. :)

Modified
29-12-07, 04:11 PM
the height of these civics here i think are perfect heights.

i also agree with iceman, leave the black plastic, it breaks up the silver.

eug4emi
29-12-07, 08:40 PM
cover arch gap

llama_au
29-12-07, 08:54 PM
that nightshades stuff is highly illegal.
why would you want to reduce vision of your brake lights anyway? To increase chance of a rear ender occuring?

And the person that rear-ends you claiming they couldn't see your tail lights and you having to pay for yours and their repairs.

Not a smart move at all.

It would look so much better with stock tail lights.

doofus
29-12-07, 10:09 PM
agree, plus those type of tinting is so cheesy, makes even a good looking car look like crap.

deez
30-12-07, 01:00 AM
And remember the offset dude :)

I believe +30 to +35 is right for EK's, right?

Hens
30-12-07, 01:05 AM
+30 is too much
+35 is better

deez
30-12-07, 01:10 AM
Thanks iced :)

This thread is slightly funny in the sense we're all trying to help Kin achieve JDM actualisation or something lol

But in all seriousness what's been said is all so true. You'll have a nice Civic soon I reckon, keep at it :)

IcemaN
30-12-07, 03:11 AM
Henry, that's the perfect example of how to do it right with minimal cash and mods. Kaotic, take note!

Sell off the those lexus tail lights, buy some mirrors. Dump it. Win.

altho this is a great example of a civic it could do with some nice spoon mirrors and a spoon rear wing and the stock orange side indicators.

Shiri
01-01-08, 06:46 PM
Try again

Elwood
01-01-08, 07:30 PM
^Not very nice...

van
01-01-08, 07:34 PM
Making good progress, Kaotic. Despite whatever the peeps here think you should do to improve it (and I admit I agree with most of it), your car's still a heck of a lot nicer to look at than 80% of the Civics I see out there. Be proud of that. :)

VTECMACHINE
02-01-08, 11:07 AM
OKAY! Please take off your KAOTIC sticker. We know who you are around the streets LOL.

PLEASE take off that Powered by Honda sticker/badge on the back - I'm pretty sure the entire Australian population knows that it is a Honda by looking that the massive fake RED Type R badge you have on the back. Remember the thread, spot the Fake GTR! You are infact, doing this exact thing (except with a not so cool car in to immitate).

The middle spoiler needs to go.

I aggree with the people that have said leave the skirts and front lip Black to break up the Silver, but remember Paul's Civic IcemaN? Perhaps spray the side and rear mouldings, as well as the bit your rear number plate sits on silver too.

PS: Tinted tail lights + Tinted side indicators = ghey.

(sorry to be so harsh, but this is a classic example where Honda is potrayed as RICE, as Dave Roden says!)

- Rix.

IcemaN
02-01-08, 11:24 AM
yeh rix i do, but kaotics ek is the pre facelift model. i also prefer the unpainted look. If kaotic decides to paint the skirts and molding he sould do it all and go for a clean look. unpainted is way more jdm if you ask me.

at the end of the day though its what kaotic wants, we can suggest till our fingers fall off but its up to the guy with the cash to make it happen.

VTECMACHINE
02-01-08, 11:26 AM
All the 'mods' I have suggested are removal modifications. They cost no money, and save weight :D

Yeah the unpainted look is WAY more JDM!

gimic
02-01-08, 11:43 AM
You can make a mid-wing look cool.

I'd keep it. Just get standard tail lights, leave the lip and mouldings black, lower it 2" and go easy on the stickers. If you want everyone to know your 'Kaotic' maybe get a smaller one???

Gorilla
03-01-08, 10:36 AM
Hey man, seems like your doing mods to please others, do it for yourself, if you like altezza lights, then keep them.

To join the bandwagon tho, here is Astro's old civic (posted above too), all he did was get those rims that were on a starlet, re-sprayed them for a fresher look (They were already black), Ganador mirrors, and coilovers. Thats it. Works well, simple yet effective right?
http://www.gunnamotorsport.com/gallery/jdmy0/DSC_4505.jpg

IcemaN
03-01-08, 10:46 AM
you missed a few things questlove, he also has the sir lip, ek9 grill and went jdm tinted headlights

Gorilla
03-01-08, 10:59 AM
Ohh yeah, sorry, the grill and headlights were changed, but the lip is standard issue on an EK4.

Chidori
03-01-08, 11:12 AM
and the side indicators are clear lol.

MiGoreng
03-01-08, 11:44 AM
You can DIY CTR headlight :)

VTECMACHINE
03-01-08, 12:33 PM
the lip is standard issue on an EK4.

The lip isn't standard on the EK4.

Chidori
03-01-08, 12:49 PM
You can DIY CTR headlight :)

is this a hard process to do?

MiGoreng
03-01-08, 12:57 PM
Very simple steps to do, check Oz Honda for the DIY (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45494) :)

VTECMACHINE
03-01-08, 01:06 PM
The Panda charges $100 to do it, but you need to take off your front bar. LOL LOL LOL! He might only do Celicas though.

VTECMACHINE
03-01-08, 01:07 PM
Man I wish I had a Civic... they are sooooo easy to make look cool.

CTR or Spoon wing, CTR front lip, CTR lights, and perhaps a carbon bonnet, Coilovers, and wheels. There DONE!

Ben
03-01-08, 01:12 PM
your the guy l always see "gunning" it around eastwood.

Gorilla
03-01-08, 01:14 PM
The lip isn't standard on the EK4.

Factory option? When he bought that car, it was stock from a mature person and it came with the lip

MiGoreng
03-01-08, 01:20 PM
Man I wish I had a Civic... they are sooooo easy to make look cool.

CTR or Spoon wing, CTR front lip, CTR lights, and perhaps a carbon bonnet, Coilovers, and wheels. There DONE!

And VTEC, Civic are slow as haha

wasabi
03-01-08, 02:12 PM
and boooSt, vtec is slow

ae86slaver
03-01-08, 03:31 PM
a half inbreed rice/JDMster...he's young, he'll learn

Kaotic
03-01-08, 05:47 PM
there was a "25th ano/silver edition" sticker on the boot b4...i ripped it off only tofind that it took off a chunk of paint as well...hence i stuck the smaller Honda sticker on to cover it up...

i tinted the tail lights so it looks cleaner and to blend it in a bit so its just silver and black all round... plus i didnt tint the break light up the top for a reason!

i saw a few other civics with painted side skirts and thought it looked realy nice and clean...i was gonna do the bumper trim as well but i quite like how the black breaks up the silver...

Suspension is next on the list... buddy clubs or something.... its going to be dropped about 4-4.5cm if not a bit more...

rear wing is going to leave holes hence i cbf to remove it...

and a spoon/mugen front lip and grill to come as well...

like i said that im only having this for a couple of years more b4 i get off my P's... hence im trying not to spend too much more money on it....

but yes dumpage and little things like front lip and grill are to come...

ae86slaver
03-01-08, 05:52 PM
you'll get defected for those tail lights either way...just save up for that fine too

Kaotic
03-01-08, 06:04 PM
you'll get defected for those tail lights either way...just save up for that fine too

will do...

Elwood
03-01-08, 06:30 PM
^dude, do w/e u want with your car.. you might have seen my old eg civic around epping/eastwood.. remember:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/Elwood_05/civic.jpg

nobody, and i mean nobody likes those rims.. but at the time i did, so i kept them!

..and then woke up one day, and sold it..

wasabi
03-01-08, 06:34 PM
^dude, do w/e u want with your car.. you might have seen my old eg civic around epping/eastwood.. remember:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/Elwood_05/civic.jpg

nobody, and i mean nobody likes those rims.. but at the time i did, so i kept them!

..and then woke up one day, and sold it..

thank god for that.. did you happen to have neons under the car and drive around with them on aswell?

Elwood
03-01-08, 06:37 PM
thank god for that.. did you happen to have neons under the car and drive around with them on aswell?

yes, yes i did...

..but, it was only cool when i did it.

Kikkoman
03-01-08, 06:39 PM
having 69 in your number plate is almost as awesome as having xxx-2nv

or was it the other way around, i forgot.

Elwood
03-01-08, 06:42 PM
^came with the car..

having 69 in your license plate makes everyone aware that you do, infact love to 69, and you want all females and males in society to understand this.

While having "2nv" in the license plate lets everyone know that your car should be envied because it has been lowered on kings springs, and you bought your chrome lenso rims from tempe tyres.

eug4emi
03-01-08, 06:43 PM
a couple of yrs till end of p's, feel sorry for u :P

black200
03-01-08, 09:31 PM
if you get rear ended with those tail lights, irrespective of the conditions - it will be your fault. Insurance company will probably deny the insurance claim and hey presto you have a fucked car, no insurance and a bill from the other guy.

The tint paint makes it harder to see the brake lights and anyone who crashes into the back of your car can argue that had the lights not been tinted - that they would have been able to avoid the accident.

Just buy stock tail lights and a stock sliver boot lid, lower it and its done. I saw your car last night and i quite like it! Oh and loose all those stickers

Kaotic
03-01-08, 09:41 PM
ahh k... even though i still do have a break light up the top?

i dont have that many stickers?

ok i agree the kaotic sticker is pretty big... i was expecting it to be a bit smaller but oh wells... the other stickers are: jdmst.com, 88SPEED.com and MU Secret sticker... oh and a Domo-Kun sticker!!!

and yeah p plate laws suck!! but i guess its for the better of us...

llama_au
03-01-08, 10:25 PM

Yes, absolutely. Tinting any part of the tail lights is illegal.

minix3
03-01-08, 10:26 PM

cars made after a certain year must have 3 break lights. i think it was after 1990 or some thing.
if some one hated you enough or if they needed a reason to get a new front bar they can just rear end your car and you would have to pay. so tinting tail lights =not a smart move.

Vashcat
03-01-08, 10:29 PM
I need a new rear bar, im waiting for some prick to tailgate me, then with a wee bit of excessive braking, forcing him to rear end me, ill try for a small low car and low speeds, so its likely for scratches/cracks.

Stupid i know, but when you think about it :P

J
03-01-08, 10:50 PM
cars made after a certain year must have 3 break lights. i think it was after 1990 or some thing.
if some one hated you enough or if they needed a reason to get a new front bar they can just rear end your car and you would have to pay. so tinting tail lights =not a smart move.

I don't think such rule exists.

But kaotic, its 100% illegal to have tinted tail lights, go read the can, it says "for offroad or show use only."

you will easily be denied any insurance claim as soon as they see the car.

I need a new rear bar, im waiting for some prick to tailgate me, then with a wee bit of excessive braking, forcing him to rear end me, ill try for a small low car and low speeds, so its likely for scratches/cracks.

Stupid i know, but when you think about it :P

yeah i need a new front bar, or it needs a respray, so im gonna try follow kaotic ;)

Cappuccino
03-01-08, 11:41 PM
Yeh J the rule exist, if you look at a 89 vn it hasnt got rear brake light but the 90 model does (bad example i know)...not bad rule though at night its easier to notice when someone brakes...

Stock lights un tinted FTW :lol:

Kikkoman
04-01-08, 12:05 AM
Jack, tail gate Vash

Win win situation.

Shiri
04-01-08, 12:09 AM
The rule exists that all cars must have a high mounted stop light to provide additional indication of stopping so that is 3 stop lights, but from what I did research into it as my old car had tinted taillights, it's actually nothing to do with obstruction of a lense or material used, it's the actual level of light emmited from the otherside of the lense. Theoritcally you could have tinted lights if the light emmited was bright enough to comply with the standards... Some recent cars released, esspecially those using LED stop lights do have very dark 'tinted' lenses.

As for Insurance, I think people are kind of blowing that out of context, and the actual circumstances that would be at play for such a negative effect of having such taillights are pretty unlikely. From what I know of tinted taillights, light can still be seen, and is enough to actually indicate to 100% of people they are actually braking, and for someone to turn around and say 'I couldn't see your brake lights' would still be a cop out, and blame still could be placed on them if it wasn't worthwhile to persue with Insurance.

I'd be more inclined to say "I couldn't take my eyes off your KAOTIC sticker and rear ended you"... purposefully or not is up to you.. :P (That's a joke kaotic)

Chidori
05-01-08, 09:19 AM
im not too sure if your interested//..

but due to other member's post about the tail lights //.. ( i dont think they look too badd imo )
i stumbled accross this on another forum
(not too sure if im allowed to say which one) but it might be a bit obvious due to it being a part for a Honda and in Oz.. LoL?

but someone has

For sale: (96-98) EK hatch Tail lights good condition
Price and price conditions: 70bux

i dont really know how much they go for, but yeah :???:

someone else might be able to clarify the price range for you.

Shiri
05-01-08, 11:01 AM
I think Sydney needs to organise a "Fundraising BBQ for Stock EK Taillights for Kaotic" day...

eug4emi
05-01-08, 11:36 AM
u can find ek taillights in a lot of junkyards, it's really when he cbf taking it off and putting another one on :)

Elwood
05-01-08, 11:39 AM
I think Sydney needs to organise a "Fundraising BBQ for Stock EK Taillights for Kaotic" day...

Nah, a "Fundraising BBQ for altezzas for Elwoods dc2r" day..

+1 for junkyards, everything is piss cheap and you can hack away at the cars. Theres one in blacktown thats verrrry big, i cant remember the name though =\

Nismodified
05-01-08, 11:44 AM
you mean pick and payless off sunny holt road?

Elwood
05-01-08, 11:51 AM
if that is the one on a HUGE block of land that has sections for every make of car, then yes.

Chidori
05-01-08, 12:07 PM
yep, that would be the one on tattersall rd..

but i think they have older year model's around there.. and hide the good stuff lol.
$2 entry as well.. from what i remember.

Elwood
05-01-08, 01:26 PM
^true, im not sure if you'd find any EK parts.

Vashcat
05-01-08, 01:29 PM
you could find some commodores maybe, not sure.

Chidori
05-01-08, 01:55 PM
haha!, omg. .. i think i retract my previous statement,

i had just went on the pick and payless website and had found that they are wrecking a 97 ek civic in green..

it says most parts still available.. i think they have it in their holding bay?
if that changes much for kaotic.

Elwood
05-01-08, 02:05 PM
Run kaotic, run!

Elwood
05-01-08, 02:11 PM
^what a douchebag.Elwood

J
05-01-08, 02:15 PM
Lol, what a nice comment.

he creates an account just to make one post, and its that weak.

please try harder

harvey_
07-01-08, 06:33 PM
hey Kin.
Its Harvey here...lowered ur car yet?:)

ae86slaver
07-01-08, 06:51 PM
what happened between post 145 and 146?

Neilus
07-01-08, 06:55 PM
JDMST cencorship has been in overdrive lately...

Justin Fox
07-01-08, 06:57 PM
what happened between post 145 and 146?

Someone signed up just to pay Kaotic out (1st post).

Justin Fox
07-01-08, 07:00 PM

Neilus, if you think that banning a member who makes an abusive 1st post against one of our members is out of line then please consider making other not so censored forums your home as JDMST RULES (http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/announcement.php?f=9) are here to stay and to be adhered to.

ae86slaver
07-01-08, 07:00 PM
Someone signed up just to pay Kaotic out (1st post).

lol...ae check

Elwood
07-01-08, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilus

Neilus, if you think that banning a member who makes an abusive 1st post against one of our members is out of line then please consider making other not so censored forums your home as JDMST RULES are here to stay and be adhered to.

Layin' down the law!

Kaotic
07-01-08, 07:13 PM
The rule exists that all cars must have a high mounted stop light to provide additional indication of stopping so that is 3 stop lights, but from what I did research into it as my old car had tinted taillights, it's actually nothing to do with obstruction of a lense or material used, it's the actual level of light emmited from the otherside of the lense. Theoritcally you could have tinted lights if the light emmited was bright enough to comply with the standards... Some recent cars released, esspecially those using LED stop lights do have very dark 'tinted' lenses.

As for Insurance, I think people are kind of blowing that out of context, and the actual circumstances that would be at play for such a negative effect of having such taillights are pretty unlikely. From what I know of tinted taillights, light can still be seen, and is enough to actually indicate to 100% of people they are actually braking, and for someone to turn around and say 'I couldn't see your brake lights' would still be a cop out, and blame still could be placed on them if it wasn't worthwhile to persue with Insurance.

I'd be more inclined to say "I couldn't take my eyes off your KAOTIC sticker and rear ended you"... purposefully or not is up to you.. :P (That's a joke kaotic)
Hey thanks Shiri! Yeah even tho the tail lights looks dark you can still see the brake lights, indicators and reversing lights clearly...

Run kaotic, run! LoL!!! Meh its too hot to run!!!

hey Kin.
Its Harvey here...lowered ur car yet?:)
harvey? Nah havent lowered the car yet... thats next to come;) Thats if i dont get a new car b4 then...

Elwood
07-01-08, 07:15 PM
Thats if i dont get a new car b4 then

What you got your eye on?

Kaotic
07-01-08, 07:18 PM
What you got your eye on?
Dc2R

Hopefully in yellow with black rims and Dumped:) Everything else is gonna be stock except for some engine mods

deez
07-01-08, 07:29 PM
Hey thanks Shiri! Yeah even tho the tail lights looks dark you can still see the break lights, indicators and reversing lights clearly....

It's brake, not break. I thought you would have known that :P

Vashcat
07-01-08, 07:30 PM
Get a s15

wasabi
07-01-08, 07:31 PM
Dc2R

Hopefully in yellow with black rims and Dumped:) Everything else is gonna be stock except for some engine mods

just dont rice it up eh.. (ie too many stickers)

Kaotic
07-01-08, 07:46 PM
Get a s15
Hmmmm... not a big fan of s15's plus i cant drive turbo and iv heard that n/a s15s are a little laggy? if thats true?

just dont rice it up eh.. (ie too many stickers)
Yeah nev... First car is always trial and error;) lol

Elwood
07-01-08, 07:53 PM
rota slipstreams in black or grey ftmfw (i want them on my dc2r)

..if you have the money, spoon sw-288's ;)

Buddy
07-01-08, 08:00 PM
Hmmmm... not a big fan of s15's plus i cant drive turbo and iv heard that n/a s15s are a little laggy?

yea na s15s take heaps long to come on boost

harvey_
07-01-08, 08:03 PM
harvey? Nah havent lowered the car yet... thats next to come;) Thats if i dont get a new car b4 then...

Don't you remember me????LOL
i am the guy with the JOOOX pulsar.....

i posted my ride's photos here last night, check it out, if u still forget who i am...=.=

ae86slaver
07-01-08, 08:12 PM
yea ns s15s take heaps long to come on boost

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

Shiri
07-01-08, 08:12 PM
It's brake, not break. I thought you would have known that :P

awww I stuffed it! My integrity is comprimised :( lol...

Kaotic
07-01-08, 09:12 PM
Don't you remember me????LOL
i am the guy with the JOOOX pulsar.....

i posted my ride's photos here last night, check it out, if u still forget who i am...=.=
Ohhh yeah i remember!!!!

Far out, long time no see!!

nah i havent seen ur post yet lol...ill check it out now:)

llama_au
07-01-08, 09:39 PM
yea na s15s take heaps long to come on boost

I wanted to say the exact same thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buddy
07-01-08, 09:41 PM
someone had to say it

VTi_b0i
07-01-08, 10:51 PM
remember dude, u dont have to listen to everyone about what to do with YOUR car... different opinions are sweet but at the end of the day its what YOU want to do with your car that makes it sweet, if everyone copied everyone else, we'd all be driving the same car...
look at my car for example: i love it, but 90% of people on here would call it a rice rocket :p but i dont intend on changing a thing on it cause i love it :D
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4788/0000605lk8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5761/0000538mr9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Serial Killa
07-01-08, 11:57 PM
rice rocket

Elwood
08-01-08, 12:04 AM
rice rocket (2/10)

Kikkoman
08-01-08, 12:08 AM
lol

Kaotic
08-01-08, 12:10 AM
remember dude, u dont have to listen to everyone about what to do with YOUR car... different opinions are sweet but at the end of the day its what YOU want to do with your car that makes it sweet, if everyone copied everyone else, we'd all be driving the same car...
look at my car for example: i love it, but 90% of people on here would call it a rice rocket :p but i dont intend on changing a thing on it cause i love it :D

what did u lower your car with? spring? coilovers?
thanks... and thanks for the advice:)

eug4emi
08-01-08, 12:20 AM
wtf didnt know there's na s15s lol

Serial Killa
08-01-08, 12:20 AM
Autech, bruh!

eug4emi
08-01-08, 12:24 AM
ahh thanks cereal killer, i googled and found it, u learn something new everyday!

http://www.geocities.jp/nekoyan15/fc3/image/15autech.gif

but seriously, na s15...just as boring as auto s15 haha

deez
08-01-08, 12:25 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but don't EG VTI's run D16A engines? ie...no VTEC?

IcemaN
08-01-08, 12:25 AM
maybe originaly deez;) i may be wrong but i think he is running a b18c

yeh autech s15 apparently they have turbo lag aswell....

hey kaotic why do you want a dc2r?

funkmaster
08-01-08, 12:44 AM
turbo lag...?
errr autech s15's are NA and are quite responsive..

but not worth the money when u can get the turbo for roughly the same price..

Serial Killa
08-01-08, 12:46 AM
turbo lag...
errr autech s15's are NA

You fail at the internet

deez
08-01-08, 12:46 AM
turbo lag...
errr autech s15's are NA

I think iceman's being sarcastic? :P :)

deez
08-01-08, 12:47 AM
Kaotic's thread needs this on every page:

http://www.maxpower.ca/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/mreinstein.jpg

Jazzle
08-01-08, 12:59 AM

he speaks truth, seriously, don't try to mod your car to impress other ppl but urself...
im sure you can enjoy your stay in jdmst even without a car that impresses everyone in the forum (eg: me :oops: )....

until you start dissing everyone with cool car like sax HAHAHAHAHA

IcemaN
08-01-08, 01:01 AM
until you start dissing everyone with cool car like sax HAHAHAHAHA

LOLLLLL!!!!!!!

Justin Fox
08-01-08, 01:13 AM
Come on guys stop being mean.

Vashcat
08-01-08, 01:17 AM
swift had more talent then your 4 door yo

Elwood
08-01-08, 01:27 AM
turbo lag...?
errr autech s15's are NA and are quite responsive..

but not worth the money when u can get the turbo for roughly the same price..

Enough said by Serial Killa

Kaotic can't drive turbo as he is on his P plates.

Buddy
08-01-08, 12:44 PM
ahh thanks cereal killer, i googled and found it, u learn something new everyday!

http://www.geocities.jp/nekoyan15/fc3/image/15autech.gif

but seriously, na s15...just as boring as auto s15 haha

dont let magnet hear u say that.. and ur wrong aswell

Shiri
08-01-08, 01:39 PM

VTi's had VTEC, Si's had No Vtec but same power

eug4emi
08-01-08, 03:50 PM
dont let magnet hear u say that.. and ur wrong aswell

i assume magnet has na s15? :D

reaper
08-01-08, 03:54 PM
i assume magnet has na s15? :D

autech s15 to be exact, and it cuts sick :)

eug4emi
08-01-08, 03:57 PM
ahh ok, i guess i didn't word it properly....if they are roughly the same price you would go with the turbo version right?

Chidori
08-01-08, 05:14 PM
or just turbo the autech and get bigger power.. lOL

//but defeats the purpose of "autech

Buddy
08-01-08, 05:31 PM
ahh ok, i guess i didn't word it properly....if they are roughly the same price you would go with the turbo version right?

and have the same power in standard form

VTECMACHINE
08-01-08, 05:35 PM
Stu's gay!

eug4emi
08-01-08, 05:43 PM
and have the same power in standard form

is magnet on his p's just out of curiosity?

Buddy
08-01-08, 05:45 PM
yea, but he is only 15 or something

eug4emi
08-01-08, 06:46 PM
if ur serious, i take my comment back :)

VTi_b0i
08-01-08, 06:50 PM
LOL yeahh it doesnt bother me if u call my car rice, i think its hot and i allways get compliments from people on the streets etc that say its hot etc, AND beleive me its got enuf balls to beat ALOT of mildy modded turbo nissans etc ;)

Kaotic: its riding on coilovers atm, Zeal at the front and Skunk2 at the rear

Chidori
08-01-08, 06:54 PM
LOL yeahh it doesnt bother me if u call my car rice, i think its hot and i allways get compliments from people on the streets etc that say its hot etc, AND beleive me its got enuf balls to beat ALOT of mildy modded turbo nissans etc ;)

Kaotic: its riding on coilovers atm, Zeal at the front and Skunk2 at the rear

i think i Spotted you once on GWH, and it does look pretty good :).
sounds good as well ;)

Kaotic
08-01-08, 06:59 PM
EG Vti's have a SOHC D series motor...

hey kaotic why do you want a dc2r?
they are one of my favourite cars that i can get as a P plater...Its small zippy and looks hot stock...i have always wanted one but i was'nt aloud one as my first car..

IcemaN
08-01-08, 07:04 PM
yea, but he is only 15 or something

15 human years yeh? what age is that in the d-dimension?

VTi_b0i
08-01-08, 07:08 PM
i think i Spotted you once on GWH, and it does look pretty good :).
sounds good as well ;)

haha why thank you sir :D yeahh it woulda been me, i cross over that road all the time...

Yeahh the EG VTi comes with a SOHC VTEC motor producing a blistering 97kw

Serial Killa
08-01-08, 07:09 PM
15 human years yeh? what age is that in the d-dimension?

Kaotic
08-01-08, 07:12 PM
Yeahh the EG VTi comes with a SOHC VTEC motor producing a blistering 97kw

How much does the EG Si with a DOHC non vtec engine run?
iv heard its very similar to the Vti in terms of performance...

VTi_b0i
08-01-08, 07:13 PM
lol yeahh 97kw :p but u cant say to people u got vtec hahah

VTi also comes with sunroof and a nicer interior trim that the SI doesnt have

Hens
08-01-08, 08:40 PM
but still si > vti :P

Vashcat
09-01-08, 12:27 AM
if it doesnt have vtec, its not a real honda apparently.

Elwood
09-01-08, 01:40 AM
^coming from the guy with a n/a skyline..

=P

jokes!

Hens
10-01-08, 07:12 PM
if it doesnt have vtec, its not a real honda apparently.

how about a cbr1100? :P

Vashcat
11-01-08, 02:49 AM
its not real.

m0nty
11-01-08, 03:09 AM
^coming from the guy with a n/a skyline..

=P

jokes!

I must admit I chuckled a little reading that.

Kaotic
06-04-08, 03:06 PM
its been a while since i have updated my car.... few new things that i hope you might like:) some of the stuff have taken a while to get or have broken off when i got them but now its all on... i still have to get some stuff or am not sure of getting... the only reason i havent spent more on the car is cause i am waiting to get off my P's to get a new car

New things:
- Ek9 tail lights
- Japanese Springs or some sort
- Mugen Style front lip(Jdm Yard)
- Cold air piping(Still to be installed)

Next to come:
- Mugen or Ek9 front grill
- Mugen/spoon style rear lip??? i saw the one on the EK9 which looked hot!!
- Front and rear camber kit
- powder coat rims
- Front strut bar(Kevs idea)

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/9085/shoot31mp6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6063/dsc01659zn2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9421/dsc01656sp4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

lukecivic
06-04-08, 03:19 PM
ooo ek9 lights :D very nice!

the lip looks good...did you have to paint it or did it come black?

wngo
06-04-08, 03:27 PM
post pics of the custom CAI when fitted!

wasabi
06-04-08, 04:00 PM
looks very nice.. loving the tails and the front lip.. how long til you get off your P's ? and what car you going to get? im guessing turboooo

Bang A Dang
06-04-08, 05:04 PM
looks very nice.. loving the tails and the front lip.. how long til you get off your P's ? and what car you going to get? im guessing turboooo

nah bro... he is gettin a dc2r

or his dream car BUT i dont think thats going to happen

Kaotic
06-04-08, 05:24 PM
ooo ek9 lights :D very nice!

the lip looks good...did you have to paint it or did it come black?
its a black plastic so yeah it came black:) all i did was spray the screws black so it blends in then sprayed the whole lip with a clear gloss... i ran out of spray so some bits are less shiny lol...

post pics of the custom CAI when fitted!
will do!!!:)

looks very nice.. loving the tails and the front lip.. how long til you get off your P's ? and what car you going to get? im guessing turboooo bit over 1.5 years to go... it all depends on my job when i finish as i might be traveling long distances(high way driving)...if thats the case then ill be getting a Sc400 or the V6 TT...

but i realy want a R32 GTR...only problem is finding a clean one in good working order as a daily/track...unless i work on it as its an old car..

or even working on an 86 with my dad and keeping the civic as a daily till its done..

lots of options but will see when the time comes:)

nath
06-04-08, 08:16 PM
Kaotic, you speak like someone who's now fully converted. When was your 'jdm' moment?

Kaotic
06-04-08, 08:22 PM
Kaotic, you speak like someone who's now fully converted. When was your 'jdm' moment?
hahaha.. after seeing some of those Ek's in the US!!!

but with work and study i dont have much time on my hands for bigger stuff like a transplant! hence the minor mods:)

s2ky_
07-04-08, 01:58 PM
definately looking alot better than what you started with :)
now you need to lose that boot spoiler!

s_vtec
07-04-08, 02:12 PM
and the Fake type R badge and the powered by honda sticker and the kaotic sticker but thats just my opinion.

but its coming alone nicely. :)

Jazzle
07-04-08, 02:12 PM
and the sticker!!!

but a big improvement :)

[[d a n n y]]
07-04-08, 02:35 PM
lol finally..
good work. kin

Kaotic
07-04-08, 08:54 PM
anyone know how to remove the rear wing and if so are there gonna be holes left afterwards?

yeah i am kinda getting sick of the kaotic sticker!! lol

honda sticker is a cover up;) there was a bigger longer 25th anno sticker there b4 which i removed only to discover it peeled off some of the paint:(

minix3
07-04-08, 09:05 PM
anyone know how to remove the rear wing and if so are there gonna be holes left afterwards?

use bog?

Powizzle
08-04-08, 12:11 AM
Yeah take off the wing, looks ALOT better than what it was before.

You should just be able to unbolt it, and buy plugs from autobahn

VTECMACHINE
08-04-08, 12:27 AM
Plugs... as Monty.

Coming along now man! Nice stuff yO!

Jazzle
08-04-08, 12:42 AM
yeah i am kinda getting sick of the kaotic sticker!! lol

honda sticker is a cover up;) there was a bigger longer 25th anno sticker there b4 which i removed only to discover it peeled off some of the paint:(

:twisted: noooo dont cover a sticker with another stick.. just remove them all

nath
08-04-08, 12:58 AM
How about, remove the honda sticker and the rear spoiler thingy and then get the holes welded up and the hatch resprayed?

s2ky_
11-04-08, 12:17 PM
How about, remove the honda sticker and the rear spoiler thingy and then get the holes welded up and the hatch resprayed?

or why dont you just get a CF hatch ;) problem solved !

Kaotic
14-04-08, 07:11 PM
some updates with the Grill and cai pipe installed:)

still deciding if i should spray the grill silver(Border and not the mesh)?? but for now its staying all black..

i couldnt find anywhere else to mount the cai pipe so its just scooping air from under the bottom... might mount it in the hub at a later stage:)

sorry for the dodgy pics!

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/7158/dsc01661ej8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6628/dsc01668fx6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6808/dsc01662yz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

eug4emi
14-04-08, 07:22 PM
I reckon spray it :)

Kaotic
14-04-08, 07:32 PM
black Grill idea came from this car!!
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/7814/dsc45051bf9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Modified
14-04-08, 07:39 PM
leave it black...

that civic looks good cause it has the contrasting colours.

renstar
14-04-08, 07:54 PM
i vote for silver

llama_au
14-04-08, 07:55 PM
Leave it black.

ram
14-04-08, 08:04 PM
I also vote for black. Car is looking better and better mate, well done

lukecivic
14-04-08, 08:05 PM
black black!

ive got the same grill ;)
did it come with that silly type R badge :P?

wasabi
14-04-08, 08:09 PM
black grill looks nice on your car. good stuff

wngo
14-04-08, 08:15 PM
+1 black

then DIY CTR headlights = WIN!

any diff with the with custom CAI fitted?

minix3
14-04-08, 08:23 PM
black.

Kaotic
14-04-08, 08:41 PM
OOHOOK black FTW=)
Plus i dont realy want to take off the front bar AGAIN!!
Cai made a slight difference... feels like it has a better top end:)

black black!

ive got the same grill ;)
did it come with that silly type R badge :P?
no but it did come with 4 bolts and 2 clips less:lol: Woottss at Less weight!!!

minix3
14-04-08, 08:57 PM
glad to see you took the KAOTIC sticker off as well last night. Was nice to have a proper conversation with you after a good few months =]

sub11z
14-04-08, 08:57 PM
nice nice, is a big turn around from the last time i saw this.

Black gril FTW

lukecivic
14-04-08, 09:02 PM
OOHOOK black FTW=)
Plus i dont realy want to take off the front bar AGAIN!!
Cai made a slight difference... feels like it has a better top end:)

no but it did come with 4 bolts and 2 clips less:lol: Woottss at Less weight!!!

lol trust me you dont want the type r badge anyways :P

did your grill clip on properly? mine didnt clip on the bottem when i had the ej8 bumper

Kaotic
14-04-08, 10:21 PM
yes no more KAOTIC sticker lol... like wise...

lol trust me you dont want the type r badge anyways :P

did your grill clip on properly? mine didnt clip on the bottem when i had the ej8 bumper

yeah i had to fiddle with it for a bit so the bottom would clip into place...

FC3S
15-04-08, 01:21 AM
KIN!! always see your car parked near RTA parramatta outside some house (also Wills car)
your car's had the biggest turn out!! i love it
keep up the good work, i haven't been up to EW for ages since i lost my license, we'll catch up some time yeah

minix3
15-04-08, 01:30 AM
i haven't been up to EW for ages since i lost my license, we'll catch up some time yeah

shit nic, I thought u died =P

Hens
15-04-08, 01:57 AM
black and never go back!

FC3S
15-04-08, 01:59 AM
shit nic, I thought u died =P

not yet, but close LOL