PDA

View Full Version : JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

MR2
30-12-11, 12:29 AM
we seem to be having issues finding ideal venue's, unfortunately if we're not being hassled by security, we're probably in a venue that cannot fit all 100+ cars!

maybe it's worth doing monthly meets a little further out, maybe up to 50km in any direction from the CBD?

I'd definitly be up for say, rotating meets,
Jan do Sutherland (maybe find a large area in the National park? )
Feb do Orchard hills/Penrith
Mar do Berowra/Gosford
Repeat?

don't know..but it'd really be nice to get sometime to have a chat the guys who've been building cool/crazy cars, the last couple of meets I've pretty much waited near my car to make sure it's not going to get defected or as soon as I've walked away we've been ushered along?

93tzlegacy
30-12-11, 05:16 PM
the boat ramp was an excellent location imo, but if we are to revisit the same location, which we hopefully will, we need some parking ushers ( ill help out) to make sure all the cars are maximizing space and within the lines. the police attitude to the meet was very laid back and they seemed happy we were'nt cutting happy laps or street racing.

striken2o
30-12-11, 07:04 PM
heard from justin that we're no longer welcome at last nights location

SSR
30-12-11, 07:05 PM
Although the concept of the “Cars & Coffee” event is no longer unique, it is somewhat new to Australia and certainly to Sydney. The aim is to provide a convenient meeting place that brings both automotive enthusiasts and their cars together over a cup of coffee. Good relaxed way to have fun and still do whatever else you need to in the day.
Start time: say 8am – 11am.
Location (just a suggestion, if anyone else has any ideas feel free to post up):
-21 Fountain Street complex, Alexandria NSW 2015 – there is a café inside the complex (Don Campos) and you can grab a takeaway and come out to the carpark and mingle. (it’s where the BMW LowDown meet happened with much success)
http://www.the-lowdown.com/bmw-coffee-meet/
-Krispy Kreme in Liverpool is another alternative
Date: Depending on the interest it generates it could be held on the last Saturday of the month or even every Saturday.
RULES:
The location is a public park, and there may be children and women around. So it's particularly important that you follow the CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
YOU are responsible for the people you bring to the meet, and hang with. If they act like idiots, they will be reported.
THROW RUBBISH IN THE BIN. There's bins - use them. We will have garbage bags if the bins get too full.
Dont do skids, laps, rev engine, no antisocial behaviour. There is a time and a place for these things, and not at this meet.
To keep it legit and stop from people getting hassled, Police could be invited/notified and if there isn’t any dramas then as I said it could become a regular hassle free event.

friction_point
30-12-11, 07:10 PM
^^^ I love the sound of this, C&C meets are huge in the states, with the added benefit I can see being it's outside the normal hours for unwanted hektikz to join in.

joeyybruh
30-12-11, 08:23 PM
Krispy Kreme Liverpool is a pretty good place to have a meet , heaps of fast-food joints to get something to eat and theres also those 2 dollar , do it yourself car washes up the road from KK's .

BUT last Saturday of the month is already taken by Hot rod nights . A few jdm inspired cars do come along from the area but its generally already packed ! So if we had the numbers from last
night going to KK's during the last Saturday of the month , itll be chaos . guaranteed . Since hot rods do organise their meets there sometimes , im assuming that the police are already notified about anti-social behaviour .

Overall a great place though with a fair amount of parking .

thought id put some input :P my 2c .

SSR
30-12-11, 08:29 PM
What about IKEA car park in TEMPE? it's car park is big enough to accomodate everyone plus cheap drinks and breakfast!!!!!! HOT DOG + DRINK = $2

striken2o
30-12-11, 08:58 PM
coffee & cars sound alot like makan meets which we used to have every month before benson left

wilch
30-12-11, 10:46 PM
Cars and coffee in the USA:
http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot.com/2009/07/cars-and-coffee-irvine-71809-feat.html

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/02/05/gallery-gt-gt-a-quick-visit-to-cars-and-coffee.aspx

I don't think we have that type of machinery, but I think it'd be awesome to do the same with our cars and people. Personally, I'd love an early morning thing.

EVO080
30-12-11, 11:54 PM
I stumbled across the top level parking at glenfield station near liverpool towards campbelltown. Dead quiet and empty with a suprising amount of lighting. No cops or secis but only issue i can think of is that it can only fit about 120 cars max.
Bunnings hoxton park rd is also a good spot. Maccas right there and good lighting with a parking to fit 1000+ cars. The gates shut at 12 30 after midnight so not to shabby.
Meho.

91led
31-12-11, 12:20 AM
Glenfield station carpark would be alright, except that we would be spread over two levels if we keep getting these awesome turnouts. There's a similar but larger one in Revesby.

However, I feel that there wouldn't be enough people willing to travel anywhere even remotely south west for a meet. There appears to be a reasonably strong western Sydney membership on here, but having regular meets out here wouldn't be entirely fair on those who live in the north east, for example. And before people start whinging, I live in south western Sydney. I'm in no way trying to rule it out, rather looking at the practicalities of it all before getting too excited.

(Locky)
31-12-11, 12:24 AM
Lol have fun getting a lowered car u glenfeild station multi story....

+ its monitered by CCTV so 50+ cars with people hanging out they will call the cops anyway

Bye Evo
31-12-11, 12:39 AM
i no longer live in the area, but I dont think they had any problems with this spot

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3674/picture1th.png

SLO40Z
31-12-11, 12:45 AM
i no longer live in the area, but I dont think they had any problems with this spot

nope we never have :)

ido09s
31-12-11, 12:58 AM
A Bunning's somewhere would be perfect as you can get permission to hold the event and there is normally lots of parking. There are also Bunning's stores all over Sydney which means you could rotate the venue making it fair to all. I know being from where i am it normally takes me ages to get to the event or costs me heaps to get to the EOMM's so i normally don't bother. If you want coffee you could get a van to attend

Or, you need to approach workshops to open their doors and have them there. It would be great for JDMST and would also benefit the workshop as they get some new customers through the door. Maybe a dyno night could be incorporated as well to add to it. I know Unigroup have a pretty large parking area at their disposal and Yavuz loves dyno nights lol

JUNN
31-12-11, 01:56 AM
i'd say the Parklea Tway location would work anymore. It was overflowing at the September EOM with many cars going home because of the lack of parking spaces. In saying that it's always been a good location for small club meets.

maybe even the Seven Hills station carpark that J_Hui suggested? that looked like it could of work out really well, good night lighting for photographers and it looked like it accomodate for huge numbers

FKD-LAW
31-12-11, 02:28 AM
Near the airport. Big car park easily 200+ cars, no where near houses or anyone to piss off, decent backdrop and lighting at night, off the highway so its easy to get to & out of any view from main roads, unlikely cops will see if there is a big meet up and LOW CAR FRIENDLY!! By far one of my fav places to meet up. Prob one of my best kept secrets! :)
Just a suggestion & hope my little contribution will help a future JDMST meet
Oh, and this pic shows only HALF the car park too...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/JU5TZN/hangouts.jpg

striken2o
31-12-11, 02:59 AM
silverwater boat ramp ?
car park is average size

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1826/silverwater.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/silverwater.jpg/)

mystery
31-12-11, 08:15 AM
I like the idea of of c&c I also have a mate who owns a coffee truck who attends soccer games and so on, so I think if we got more numbers to it he'd live to do coffees...

Also with a workshop opening it's doors would be a great idea...

Glenfield station was a fail for us when we tried to get the civic down the ramps...

Bunnings car park rotation sounds awesome, as long as we get there permission...

Alot of meets I've been to, even though there are plenty of parking spots and everyone is behaved I find that we do cause alot of traffic congestion when the numbers pop up, which pisses the general public off....

So I'd probably ask to have it somewhere abit more secluded, and try base it around a charity event changing once a month to get rid of tight asses, good for the community, builds the forum reputation up, and we might get the popo on our side with traffic and have better access to carparks

trism
31-12-11, 10:04 AM
I've brought this up before, but I reckon we need to get away from the 'meet' mentality. Night time meets in random car parks are always gonna attract attention.

Have it during the day, charge a gold coin cover fee, and then donate it to a charity. Make sure its advertised as a charity thing. Imagine if the cops came in and broke up something raising money for the children's hospital. Even the general public would get mad hate on the cops for that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Justin Fox
31-12-11, 10:09 AM
Daytime is fine for those who can get out of work, weekend's tend to be difficult for parks (Centennial Park, Homebush etc).

We've never had issues being kicked out of JDMST EOMM's at workshop/shop carparks (JDMyard, Bodyform, Autotechnik, IS Motor Racing). This is the way forward.

Permission has NEVER been granted when asked. Why? Because it's MUCH easier for them to just say "NO". Liability insurance and organising a proper meet is always on the cards, but at around $4k/meet it's not exactly realistic.

Brendan
31-12-11, 10:17 AM

this is a decent venue and if we could get one of those coffee trucks it would be a perfect place for coffee & cars?

aly in underland
31-12-11, 11:56 AM
this is a decent venue and if we could get one of those coffee trucks it would be a perfect place for coffee & cars?

Unfortunately, we had an EOMM there recently and it wasn't big enough to hold everyone who turned up... At the same time, that was a JDMST/AllAboutStance meet, but I'd say that with the numbers we're getting even just JDMST would fill the place right up. =/ A shame, since if we had smaller meets it would've been a great location...

Bye Evo
31-12-11, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately, we had an EOMM there recently and it wasn't big enough to hold everyone who turned up... At the same time, that was a JDMST/AllAboutStance meet, but I'd say that with the numbers we're getting even just JDMST would fill the place right up. =/ A shame, since if we had smaller meets it would've been a great location...

there would be atleast 150 car spaces there, this is more than most EOMM numbers

Nathg
31-12-11, 01:21 PM
Yeah the t-way was easily filled up. I saw so many cars drive in, do a lap, then leave cause there was no parking

eitlobsaboo
31-12-11, 05:04 PM
What about the Parklea Markets parking that's off to the side along Sunnyholt? I think it's fenced though.. so would need permission probably to rent it out or something.. also it backs onto houses so that might be an issue.. but that's my 2 cents.

J_HUI
01-01-12, 05:11 PM
maybe even the Seven Hills station carpark that J_Hui suggested? that looked like it could of work out really well, good night lighting for photographers and it looked like it accomodate for huge numbers
Seven Hills is a great place, but when we called up the owners of the carpark ( railcorp) they mention if it's more then 10 cars, it's considered a rally and that's why we are not allowed there. ( It's usually empty after 8/ weekend, with +700 parking spots :mad: )

The security of the spot is pretty friendly last time I was there. We should give it a go regardless, do a small meet with/ without permission. Just to test the water and see if we will be kicked out, plenty of backup carparks out in Norwest if we have to move.

I like the idea of of c&c I also have a mate who owns a coffee truck who attends soccer games and so on, so I think if we got more numbers to it he'd live to do coffees...

C&C is another great idea, what's better then having a drink/ chat with other car lovers/ friends, while helping out a business willing to head out and supply us with food/ drinks for the day.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71159_115693731774101_3805164_n.jpg

Like Up in Qld meets, they got Nando's on board dont they?

I've brought this up before, but I reckon we need to get away from the 'meet' mentality.

Charge a gold coin cover fee, and then donate it to a charity. Make sure its advertised as a charity thing. Imagine if the cops came in and broke up something raising money for the children's hospital. Even the general public would get mad hate on the cops for that.

In for charity!

We held an allaboutstance meet right after the Japan Earthquake in March? and I remember suggesting to have a charity fund raiser on the day.

But One issue this raised was who is going to be in charge of the money handling and what happens if some of that money is missing, someone is gonna be responsible and risk being sued??

Gotta have a read up on how Cruise for Charity is done.

We've never had issues being kicked out of JDMST EOMM's at workshop/shop carparks (JDMyard, Bodyform, Autotechnik, IS Motor Racing). This is the way forward.

Weekend/ Evening/ workshop meets are the way to go I think. Been thinking about this for ages, but I just dont know anyone :neutral: Free advertising for them, location for us, no police hassle and the owners of the workshop/ garage can probably provide some expert advice on car related Q's.

It's win-win :o

At the end of all this, I still remember Jfox saying, keep the meets small to filter out the hoon and party crashers non jdmst members and keep it enthusiast only....

Aleks.B
01-01-12, 05:25 PM
IS MOTOR RACING MEETS! Fuck I miss them :(

friction_point
01-01-12, 06:20 PM
Near the airport. Big car park easily 200+ cars, no where near houses or anyone to piss off, decent backdrop and lighting at night, off the highway so its easy to get to & out of any view from main roads, unlikely cops will see if there is a big meet up and LOW CAR FRIENDLY!! By far one of my fav places to meet up. Prob one of my best kept secrets! :)
Just a suggestion & hope my little contribution will help a future JDMST meet
Oh, and this pic shows only HALF the car park too...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/JU5TZN/hangouts.jpg

That's actually a good idea, I go there with some mates and race our RC trucks, don't see much security hassles either. The only thing is they do shut off some of the lights so it can a bit dark. Still an excellent location for a meet.

MR2
01-01-12, 09:12 PM
the Car's and Coffee is an Awesome idea, need to be GOOD coffee though please.

when I was suggesting meets further out, I was not suggesting that everyone makes these meets, just the people fairly close, and if people from further away want to make the effort so be it. being further out in theory there should be less people hawking the venue and calling police.

the idea of having a meet at a car place sounds all well and good but I've not seen a car workshop that's run anywhere near anything that can hold even half the cars that turn up to your average JDMST meet.

I loved the last minute's location notice..very cool bit of intrigue.

ido09s
01-01-12, 10:30 PM
Try SOP. There are numerous car parks there that could hold the cars that turn up but they will need notification that its going to happen

zefside_s15
02-01-12, 01:03 PM
Sea Cliff Bridge is a nice drive, I finally went along it yesterday.

Andrew05
02-01-12, 03:56 PM
we seem to be having issues finding ideal venue's, unfortunately if we're not being hassled by security, we're probably in a venue that cannot fit all 100+ cars!

maybe it's worth doing monthly meets a little further out, maybe up to 50km in any direction from the CBD?

I'd definitly be up for say, rotating meets,
Jan do Sutherland (maybe find a large area in the National park? )
Feb do Orchard hills/Penrith
Mar do Berowra/Gosford
Repeat?

don't know..but it'd really be nice to get sometime to have a chat the guys who've been building cool/crazy cars, the last couple of meets I've pretty much waited near my car to make sure it's not going to get defected or as soon as I've walked away we've been ushered along?

Weekend/ Evening/ workshop meets are the way to go I think. Been thinking about this for ages, but I just dont know anyone Free advertising for them, location for us, no police hassle and the owners of the workshop/ garage can probably provide some expert advice on car related Q's.

It's win-win

At the end of all this, I still remember Jfox saying, keep the meets small to filter out the hoon and party crashers non jdmst members and keep it enthusiast only....

Hi we have held nights in the past for different car clubs, so they can look at their cars & have a tech night.
I can speak to my boss about a meet & greet night at Penrith sometime.
I'm new to this forum so let me know if I need to contact someone direct.
There is also the car park next to Penrith station on the Coreen Ave side for meets as well.
Ness2k works there as well & she is on this forum.
It would have to be planned ahead & defiantly need to be organized properly as there is a large number of members.
Just a thought :)

SamB87
02-01-12, 06:40 PM

The Autotechnik and Bodyform meets were two of the best I've ever been too.

No hassles, heaps of parking, no cops, no worries.

SSR
02-01-12, 09:27 PM
Ok good to see some interest, just have to find a place that we can have a regular meet without too many headaches.
I like Justin Fox's idea about a workshop hosting the meet on their premises and perhaps getting a coffee truck to come down? This is the only way I can see this working on a regular basis (un-interrupted by Security/Police/Business managers-owners-disgruntled public). I like J_HUI's idea of the gold coin cover charge. Perhaps it could be donated to a different charity every month. Could be called: CARS & COFFEE FOR CHARITY. As I said earlier, as long as the Police are aware, then all should be ok. At the end of the day,its for a good cause and everyone is happy. Businesses might like to get involved also,could be great publicity for the scene and the owners if it's published in a magazine/paper/news? Plus most importantly it helps people who are in need! It would definately be a refreshing change from the usual drifting hoon footage on ACA or Today Tonight.

Brendan
02-01-12, 10:22 PM
Try SOP. There are numerous car parks there that could hold the cars that turn up but they will need notification that its going to happen

i do casual work in the carparks there most weekends i can try and find out how to go about organizing

friction_point
03-01-12, 01:59 PM
Regarding the hooning seen on ACA and the like, it's pretty unlikely to get positive coverage of meets for charity, even though it's for charity. I think they'll always associate it with hooning simply because it makes for better ratings and more dramatic viewing :/

I'm all for the gold coin donation idea :)

Crayske
03-01-12, 11:54 PM
Idea for a meet although would suit afternoon than night for safety reasons. How about the this car park in the National Park? I'll go down and have a look at how many parking spots there are but it's a awesome drive to get there + it's out of the way for police if there are calls for 'hooning' or whatever doubt they'd bother.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad276/JKEJDM/jdmstplan.png

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad276/JKEJDM/jdmstplan1.png

juichi
04-01-12, 11:45 PM
there have been a few meets held there over the years. it would be good for nostalgia sake

jcm308
05-01-12, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately that car park is not very big, and there is now a massive police presence in the Nasho. If they came along and saw 100+ cars in that carpark on a Fri/Sat night, they would very quickly move people on (most likely to a defect bay set up somewhere near the entrance).
Having something down south would be great. I'll have a chat with some of my mates on potential spots with enough space and far enough out of the way to keep the police presence to a minimum.

SSR
06-01-12, 11:02 AM
Mazda in the USA have organised to host a regular "Cars and Coffee" at their premises.. I think it's the way to go! Nothing like the sanctity of private property.
Could be worth pitching it to Mazda Head Office.. I think they are based in Kingsgrove?
Anyone work there? Or if anyone works for a car manufacturer's head office.. perhaps they'd like to organise a regular cars & coffee!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU75Ja9hqD4&feature=player_embedded#!

ttshark
06-01-12, 11:14 AM
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad276/JKEJDM/jdmstplan1.png

This carpark is insanely small. I wouldn't organise a meet here unless you are sure it was a small one, especially since, if the entrance to it is too full, it is very difficult to do a u-turn and come back around with the sweeping bend just after the entrance.

As mentioned earlier there are a lot of T-Way carparks in the Hills district that are never monitored and somewhat away from residents so we wouldn't be disturbing anyone.

Also, MPS Garage is looking to hold some meets at their new shop in the near future:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Unit+7%2F78+Owen+St+Glendenning+NSW+2761&hl=en&ll=-33.747288,150.858421&spn=0.020732,0.042272&sll=-33.748648,150.858357&sspn=0.002574,0.005284&vpsrc=6&hnear=7%2F78+Owen+St,+Glendenning+New+South+Wales+ 2761&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=-33.747181,150.858456&panoid=9Gvw_oQcKZ7y5cLe5mTSnw&cbp=12,50.78,,0,1.47

JDM-20L
06-01-12, 11:15 AM
in regards to that mazda USA ^^ Someone approach Toyota Australia! ... they have a HUGE premises at Caringbah. Given that they are launching "an enthusiasts car" in June, perhaps they should get the chance to stimulate the enthusiasts by holding a meet.... pretty sure they could get hold of the Shark park car lot of they needed it and it didn't clash with any events?

Just a thought

Brendan
06-01-12, 12:10 PM
Mazda in the USA have organised to host a regular "Cars and Coffee" at their premises.. I think it's the way to go! Nothing like the sanctity of private property.
Could be worth pitching it to Mazda Head Office.. I think they are based in Kingsgrove?
Anyone work there? Or if anyone works for a car manufacturer's head office.. perhaps they'd like to organise a regular cars & coffee!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU75Ja9hqD4&feature=player_embedded#!

I'll shot an Email off to my contact at Mazda HQ and see if we can organize something

13BWAT
06-01-12, 12:16 PM
in regards to that mazda USA ^^ Someone approach Toyota Australia! ... they have a HUGE premises at Caringbah. Given that they are launching "an enthusiasts car" in June, perhaps they should get the chance to stimulate the enthusiasts by holding a meet.... pretty sure they could get hold of the Shark park car lot of they needed it and it didn't clash with any events?

Just a thought

actually makes sense, since this new 'enthusiasts car' is meant to be aimed at the demographic this website supports!!

JDM-20L
06-01-12, 12:58 PM
actually makes sense, since this new 'enthusiasts car' is meant to be aimed at the demographic this website supports!!

Does to me.. whether or not it does to Toyota Australia I do not know? But I know via the Toymods board that they are trying to locate a 2000GT or 800 for the 86 marketing campaign.

13BWAT
06-01-12, 01:03 PM
Does to me.. whether or not it does to Toyota Australia I do not know? But I know via the Toymods board that they are trying to locate a 2000GT or 800 for the 86 marketing campaign.

well hopefully if poeple on here can think of it, the boffins in the marketing department of toyota will reach the same conclusion :P

JDM-20L
06-01-12, 01:08 PM
They can't use lack of room as their excuse?

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5325/screenshot20120106at120.jpg

13BWAT
06-01-12, 01:12 PM
i dont know, still looks pretty small..... :P hhaa

Nathg
06-01-12, 02:09 PM
Ha sorry but that idea of Toyota carpark is stupid. I work for Toyota, there is no way they would agree to that, to be honest they would probably laugh. The amount of security and the processes that you need to go to enter that carpark, I can't see it happening.

brend0n
06-01-12, 02:19 PM
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-33.735618,150.949261&amp;num=1&amp;t=h&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UT F8&amp;z=14&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-33.735618,150.949261&amp;num=1&amp;t=h&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UT F8&amp;z=14&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small> (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-33.735618,150.949261&hl=en&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=17)

on a weekend (cars/coffee) or possibly nights? this Woolworths HQ carpark might be a goer, its out of the way (busier roads) less drop ins and a fairly central location

NB: sorry can't suss out how to get the image here... the link works though

13BWAT
06-01-12, 02:48 PM
Ha sorry but that idea of Toyota carpark is stupid. I work for Toyota, there is no way they would agree to that, to be honest they would probably laugh. The amount of security and the processes that you need to go to enter that carpark, I can't see it happening.

nath i didnt know you worked for toyota....

JDM-20L
06-01-12, 03:04 PM

Just a thought

Of course it would be stupid to hold it in their place of business... this is not what I was implying, merely suggested that they could use the playing fields/car parks for shark park.

That's great that you work for Toyota, can you tell us any inside scoop on the 86?

Crayske
06-01-12, 04:21 PM
Could we not use the car park besides the Sharks stadium? I'm positive that doesn't get locked up at night and theres no way a JDMST meet could fill it up its massive.

r33scotty
06-01-12, 04:54 PM
i believe it does get locked up now. Which sucks cause it is massive.

Cronulla would be awesome at night with all the cars lined down either side of the road next to the beach???

r33scotty
06-01-12, 05:03 PM
mitchell road, Cronulla

Nathg
06-01-12, 05:13 PM
Using Toyota stadium is no different to using any other car park. Cops will find out, idiots will still attend. Toyota won't open it for such a variety of brand of cars, why would they?

Prancer
06-01-12, 05:41 PM
For free marketing, people saying oh toyota are cool lets buy a 86

Nathg
06-01-12, 05:59 PM
Don't you think they would have much stronger marketing plans set up for the 86, rather than that of letting a bunch of forum members gathering on an afternoon/evening on their property? Anyway, this is getting off topic.

To Jfox, what happened exactly with the Rhodes ikea carpark? NOw that there has been some time, do you think we could use it again?

wilch
06-01-12, 06:02 PM
I wish we could use EC's skidpan carpark area..... Atleast they already have the correct insurance.

Brendan
06-01-12, 06:51 PM
EC would more than likely charge like a wounded bull for the privlage

ATMOSR
06-01-12, 07:53 PM
I've always thought Cars & Coffee would be a brilliant concept to bring to OZ. Now, if we could just find a business/private location that could host it! :D

SSR
07-01-12, 01:37 AM
For free marketing, people saying oh toyota are cool lets buy a 86 Yeah but it won't make good marketing if there are other makes and models, it's not Toyota Coffee & Cars... I think Nathg has hit the nail on the head, I only used the Mazda example to show if pitched to the right business, then it can work.
Give me a couple of weeks, I will have a sniff around and see if this can work. It would be good if some of the clubs wanted to get involved, Vintage Mazda Club?
I will contact the following in the hope we can work something out:
MAZDA HQ (Kingsgrove)
Starlight Children's Foundation
Breast Cancer Foundation
Cancer Council Australia
Sydney Hospital Foundation
Red Cross
Ronald McDonald House Charities (they might even help us organise a regular location..)
At the end of the day, most people on this forum are doing a hell of a lot better than the people mentioned in these above charities. $1/$2 coin donation/admission every month or every week won't break the bank and it's for a good cause.We could organise a coffee van to come out if it's isolated (i.e not around any shops). At the end of the day you get something out of it and so do others.. Leave it with me and i'll see what I can find out, perhaps the charities might even have some leads on a location they can help us with if it's a regular thing.. :? Only thing is, for this to be effective there NEEDS to be sufficient interest/turn out..
If this becomes regular,i'd appreciate some help to distribute the work load, so if anyone wants to jump on board and help out just post or pm me :)

SSR
07-01-12, 03:49 AM
If this does go forward and it becomes regular, a member from the selected charity can come to the cruise to collect admission donations (make it official, plus I don’t want the responsibility of collecting funds.) I’ve written to the charities mentioned and pretty much the email looked like this:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/456/charityv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/charityv.jpg/)

Brendan
07-01-12, 08:59 AM
I will contact the following in the hope we can work something out:
MAZDA HQ (Kingsgrove)
i doubt Mazda would be up for regular meets but they may come to the party for a 1 off meet.

i can contact Mazda on your behalf (being on the Admin team for ozmazda.com may work in my favour) and pitch the idea of a meet there
or if you want to look after it send me a PM and i can give you some contact details for Mazda's Social media department

SSR
07-01-12, 11:34 AM
i doubt Mazda would be up for regular meets but they may come to the party for a 1 off meet.

i can contact Mazda on your behalf (being on the Admin team for ozmazda.com may work in my favour) and pitch the idea of a meet there
or if you want to look after it send me a PM and i can give you some contact details for Mazda's Social media department
If you could that would be great, maybe even show them the YouTube video as inspiration? If Mazda is onboard then it should work out nicely.
Keep us posted on how things go, you're right though as the mod for OzMazda, you'd have more pull than me!
Cheers!

Brendan
07-01-12, 11:54 AM
i have sent off an email so we will see what feedback i get on Monday

hazjaz
07-01-12, 06:57 PM
Would be cool if we could get it at the Supa Centre in Belrose, its just off Mona Vale road, corner of Forest Way.... only problem is I dont know if they shut the gates and lights after hours...

Here it is on google maps

http://g.co/maps/nj9v4

SSR
08-01-12, 04:39 PM
i have sent off an email so we will see what feedback i get on Monday

Perfect, thanks for that Brendan. I look forward to seeing what results come of our efforts..

SSR
09-01-12, 06:23 PM
Ok guys, some good news

Hi, many thanks indeed for your enquiry today regarding “Cars and Coffee” – we would very much like to have you on board! Our Community Relations Coordinator, Anastasia, will be in touch with you regarding this. Unfortunately, she is currently on annual leave but she will be back next week……. I hope this will not be too late for you – if it is, let me know!

Kind regards
Katy

Katy Paltenghi | Events Administrator
Cancer Council NSW
Events Administration Centre.
We will see how we go, they may be able to organise a venue and we can organise for all proceeds to go to the Cancer Council!
I'll keep you posted.

friction_point
09-01-12, 09:54 PM
Good work Brendan, that sounds promising. Hey you gotta start somewhere!

13BWAT
10-01-12, 01:11 PM
good work mate!!! full props to you!

sn00ze
10-01-12, 01:32 PM
X2. Top effort mate

Crayske
10-01-12, 03:57 PM
Nice work man !

hazjaz
10-01-12, 04:05 PM
Would be cool if we could get it at the Supa Centre in Belrose, its just off Mona Vale road, corner of Forest Way.... only problem is I dont know if they shut the gates and lights after hours...

Here it is on google maps

http://g.co/maps/nj9v4

Contacted them if anyone is interested in this area.. has a massive carpark on the roof

"Hi Harry

I look after casual leasing at the centre, however, I would need more information about your car meet up - do you represent an organised group? When would you propose holding these meetings? Would the meetings be a regular event or a one off?

Please be aware there would be a charge as we would need a security guard on duty. You would also need to provide public liability insurance.

Regards.

Judi Commander
Centre Administrator"

wilch
11-01-12, 08:06 AM
...You would also need to provide public liability insurance.

This will be the main problem everywhere we try, and is probably one of the main reasons why centre owners/car park owners get worried and call the police to move us along.

AFAIK, public liability insurance costs a small fortune.

Aleks.B
11-01-12, 10:34 AM
Yep Public liability insurance is big $$$ fox studios is about 4000? I think not sure maybe more!

brend0n
11-01-12, 11:21 AM
would it be worth becoming a cams affiliated club (social), therefore covered by their insurance.... less hassle for meets in corporate carparks etc.

KEV248
11-01-12, 12:18 PM
Im sure its been brought up in this thread already (cbf reading through the other pages LOL), but Harrys Café De Wheels at Liverpool is a great spot. Yes everyone knows the last Saturday of every month is for the muscle car guys and they always get a massive turnout regardless. If we were to make it the last Friday of the month there instead, it would be 2 nights of awesome business for them. They love having car meets there. All u need to do is speak to someone that works there, give them at least a weeks notice and they organise staff and enough food. They also inform the police about it just to keep an eye on things (provided everyone behaves, we will not get kicked out!!!). Ive been involved in a meet there before, and not 1 problem. Plenty of parking, plenty of light at night for photos and plenty of food options as well.

Other locations I would suggest:

• The new cityrail carparks. They are multi-level (usually 4 levels), well lit up, open 24/7. Security are pretty good with them, if we talk to them when we rock up to one, provided everyone behaves, we should be left alone!!
• Ikea Tempe. MASSIVE carpark, well lit. Im sure they would be ok with it, might want to check with security or head staff at ikea?
• The spot where Allaboutstance had a meetup once, its up on old Windsor road. It’s a T-Way station, massive carpark, never had any hassels there!!

Im sure these have been suggested already!!

Seby123
11-01-12, 01:02 PM
Kev T-way is too small. lol.

how about the massive emtpy space infront of the dragway at eastern creek? they had the drifting there last year and there seemed to be plenty of space, doesnt seem to be used alot either.

Aces
11-01-12, 01:47 PM
The gates are closed unless there is an event on there I'm pretty sure

Brendan
11-01-12, 02:19 PM
Perfect, thanks for that Brendan. I look forward to seeing what results come of our efforts..

I have had a discussion with Mazda Australia's social Media coordinator, long story short he thinks it is a fantastic idea but Has to go thrugh the correct channels so I won't have an answer straight away

dave2221
11-01-12, 03:23 PM
How many cars are we talkign about? and what nights?

The Carpark at Rockdale (above the target) the top floor holds approx 200 cars.

Lighting is OK, nothing flash.

The carpark is closed nightly from 8pm to 815am, but if a small portion of the money raised from the cars entering was paid to cover a security guard to lock the gate later at say 1030 (you can still exit after the lock down via one way spikes) then they might get online.

I happen to know the events and media coordinator for rockdale city council.... so i can get some follow through.

As for insurance, the carparks current public liablity insurance should cover it, if its just cars parking in a carpark (what its designed for!)

PM me with some more info if you want me to get in touch with the council guy.

whiteballz
11-01-12, 03:30 PM
200 cars is not a huge meetup though, we would probably fill that up these days.

EDIT: not to sound discouraging. Probably worth a look.

Nathg
11-01-12, 04:30 PM
700+ cars at last nights qld meet. Each car paid a gold coin donation to qld raceway to cover the insurance apparently.... Could the same thing happen if we had it at EC? Surely it would get alot more people to come out and attend because it's off the street.

naythan
11-01-12, 04:33 PM
+1 for ikea tempe!

friction_point
11-01-12, 05:14 PM
I'm pretty close to Ikea Tempe, from driving past it, it looks pretty massive. Also saw on FB the 700 car meetup in qld...wow!

Kyon
11-01-12, 05:45 PM
Ikea Tempe would be pretty good, the parking spots are wider than usual which means more room for people to check out the cars!

13BWAT
11-01-12, 06:27 PM
not sure if they lock it up at night.... cos we were the other night around 12.30 and it was still open...

ekx105
12-01-12, 12:25 AM
NSW needs to beat the QLD meet! State Of Origin - JDMST style!

Seby123
12-01-12, 01:29 AM
700+ cars at last nights qld meet. Each car paid a gold coin donation to qld raceway to cover the insurance apparently.... Could the same thing happen if we had it at EC? Surely it would get alot more people to come out and attend because it's off the street.

where at EC though? defs not on the track because people wont be able to control themselves...skidpan maybe, worked good for WTAC. or infront of WSID. honestly id rather pay gold coin for that then 6$ for entertainment quarter.

HOANG
12-01-12, 03:26 AM
why cant we just do it 2nd last saturday of the month or does that defeat the purpose of eomm ?

+1 for Liverpool KK's. Theres the back parking lot which is opened during the day on weekends.

Nathg
12-01-12, 11:07 AM
Yeah on the skid pan or behind the put garages. Could easily hold upwards 200 cars

SSR
12-01-12, 03:47 PM
I have had a discussion with Mazda Australia's social Media coordinator, long story short he thinks it is a fantastic idea but Has to go thrugh the correct channels so I won't have an answer straight away

EXCELLENT, good things take time till they come into fruition! Thanks for keeping ontop of it Brendan, if you need any help just shoot me a pm ;)

friction_point
12-01-12, 04:30 PM
+1 EXCELLENT news :)

Hope they let Nissans in :P

CallMeKay
14-01-12, 01:19 AM
Not so keen on a KK's meet, will definitely be alot of sik kokonuts there

SuperSaiyanPenguin
14-01-12, 02:19 AM
not sure if they lock it up at night.... cos we were the other night around 12.30 and it was still open...

me and my friend checked it out around 12, yes its blocked using a boom gate just after the roundabout, whats shit is the boom gate isn't very bright its just a pale white and i nearly ran into it, so close !

wait i forgot jdmst meet are usually 8pm and not 12am haha! its perfect for a meet ! i headed there around 10:40 and it was empty, the place is so big the outside especially and if it gets too crowded we can always move into the parking under the building which also has alot of spaces!

krayzie32
16-01-12, 02:54 AM
Kevs made a nice start...
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?40397-SYD-Slamfest-2012-Saturday-21st-January-2012

SSR
20-01-12, 11:07 PM
Any luck Brendan?

bundi22
23-01-12, 10:49 AM
imagine if we had a meet at the massive docks car park on the left of the anzac bridge!

jd_911
23-01-12, 11:30 AM
We actually enquired to hire that place out for a meet/show.

It can't be done :(.

KEV248
23-01-12, 01:15 PM
Kevs made a nice start...
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?40397-SYD-Slamfest-2012-Saturday-21st-January-2012

we tried, expect cops shut us down a few days out from the event :(

but we are working on it again, new venue, new date, bigger turnout expected ;)

KEV248
23-01-12, 01:17 PM
Ikea Tempe would be pretty good, the parking spots are wider than usual which means more room for people to check out the cars!

im down for this idea!!

Brendan
23-01-12, 01:23 PM
I haven't heard back yet I'm going to give it a couple of days and make a follow up call

Brendan
23-01-12, 06:47 PM
Got a response from Mazda this afternoon

Hi Brendan,
We have discussed your proposal in detail with the team up in NSW. Unfortunately the Kinsgrove State office isn’t the most suitable of venues to hold such an event and to be honest is tired and underwhelming as a venue.

However, the NSW office is re-locating to a better premises late in the year which would be much better for this. The State manager is keen to look at an event like this after the move is completed to the new facility which will have a showroom similar to the Melbourne office. Realistically, you’re probably looking at something next year. Sorry to disappoint you on this one.

If you do hold an event elsewhere this year, we’d be happy to support it in the appropriate way, BBQ etc as you suggested and maybe even a display car (depending on other commitments etc)

I hope that between us we can work out something that is still a great event and is backed by Mazda Australia.

Let us know your initial thoughts and we’ll go from there.

Regards

Luke

dave2221
23-01-12, 06:51 PM
looks pretty good. (at least for next year)

Blackep3
23-01-12, 07:08 PM
I have a carpark in mind, plus I know the security guard who works there, let me know what you guys thinkhttp://img.tapatalk.com/3aa3afb2-077f-2786.jpg

91led
23-01-12, 08:17 PM
Where's that one mate? The pic doesn't give us much idea on scale or location.

Blackep3
23-01-12, 08:49 PM
It's at the cross roads, flower power car park

GoldZilla
23-01-12, 09:02 PM
Got a response from Mazda this afternoon

That's a shame that they won't let us use their current facilities - who knows, it might work well as a "run-down, industrial-type, post-apocalyptic" venue and be perfect for any photographers attending.

Brendan
23-01-12, 09:19 PM
it is a shame but hopefully the new site will be bigger & better and if we can get a decent venue in the meantime i might be able to organize some promo merch & hopefully a Targa race car or 2 to turn up

WAN94N
26-01-12, 01:23 PM
good try Brendan, things cant always work out in our best interest but at least theyre not pulling out entirely which is great!

SSR
31-01-12, 07:40 PM
it is a shame but hopefully the new site will be bigger & better and if we can get a decent venue in the meantime i might be able to organize some promo merch & hopefully a Targa race car or 2 to turn up

Solid effort, greatly appreciate the level of involvement you've taken on! Plus they didn't totally reject the idea.. I say keep in touch and when they relocate to the new premises, it might just work out? In the meantime, perhaps if organised properly we could execute the meet with some support from Mazda just to get the ball rolling and give them a genuine feel that it's an enthusiasts meet? Ikea would be awesome, but I doubt the company would be happy about it..West End Mazda in Blacktown is a brand new premises from what I understand and they may be keen to shift it there?

It might be worth meeting at the location that the BMW owners club used has used a few times for their meets.
-21 Fountain Street complex, Alexandria NSW 2015 – there is a café inside the complex (Don Campos) and you can grab a takeaway and come out to the carpark and mingle.
http://www.the-lowdown.com/bmw-coffee-meet/
http://www.the-lowdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/IMG_42951.jpg
The big car park at Tempe that someone suggested wasn't too bad, if Blackep3 can get a green light for us to organise a meet without too many headaches, that could be worth a try also?

HIR87D
10-02-12, 03:55 AM
I have a huge car park my work owns in Milperra " Deep Water Motor Boat Club " it's in Henry Lawson Drive. Iv suggested to Justin but had no reply via PM... It's private land... Best of all I got keys to the gate.

whiteballz
10-02-12, 09:03 AM
Ikea have also said with forwarning they are happy to let us use their carpark.

Squiggle
10-02-12, 09:25 AM
Sefton Playhouse

SSR
10-02-12, 01:03 PM
Ikea have also said with forwarning they are happy to let us use their carpark.
Fantastic. So you got in touch with management and they are OK with us using the car park for a meet? Might have to get that in writing to avoid future hassles..

I have a huge car park my work owns in Milperra " Deep Water Motor Boat Club " it's in Henry Lawson Drive. Iv suggested to Justin but had no reply via PM... It's private land... Best of all I got keys to the gate.
Great, but make sure it's all good with your boss otherwise you might lose your job! haha
Let's get this show on the road (excuse the pun)!

HIR87D
10-02-12, 02:56 PM
Will talk to my directors this weekend about using there car park.

Adam.

EpicXTC
10-02-12, 05:55 PM
Regarding the hooning seen on ACA and the like, it's pretty unlikely to get positive coverage of meets for charity, even though it's for charity. I think they'll always associate it with hooning simply because it makes for better ratings and more dramatic viewing :/

I'm all for the gold coin donation idea :)

Clutch Kick for Childrens Cacner... tell me ACA wouldn't love that.
"This is just one of many young hoons doing 'clutch kicks' in a KK carpark in Liverpool. The meet was held in a bid to raise money for research into Childrens Cancer.
This is just one of many hoons partaking in the event, here you can see him doing a 'clutch kick' and smoking his tyres for the crowd, as he drifts his Nissan Patrol through a sectioned off crowd on teenagers and young adults...
*Plays short clip of an 87 Honda Civic trying to get over the speedhump*"

Idea for a meet although would suit afternoon than night for safety reasons. How about the this car park in the National Park? I'll go down and have a look at how many parking spots there are but it's a awesome drive to get there + it's out of the way for police if there are calls for 'hooning' or whatever doubt they'd bother.

Pretty sure I've been there... +1 to the nostalgia comment previously said as well (i didn't bother MQing it for a +1, sorry).

But cops still love those places. Last one I went to, we had a guy in a Civic give a plug for some car audio joint, who wake up the neighbours with his doof doof. Then while the neighbours were getting out of bed to yell "STFU you hoons", some commowhores decided to "add some excitement" and turned the roads into a twilight powercruise.

We only got one police car come down... two hours later after everyone had left out of fear of defects.
The cop didn't really give a shit... just checked we weren't drinking and was on his way.

Also, for a large cruise, there are heaps of places that can't accommodate it.

NSW needs to beat the QLD meet! State Of Origin - JDMST style!

If it were State of Origin, QLD would consistently kick NSW's ass... :(

My input isn't too helpful, but maybe there could be some people in industrial areas free to lend out some land? We can go all "THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS #1" styles on everyones asses :P
I'm also spewing I didn't buy this massive block of land in an industrial area last year.. would have been perfect for this ><

Squiggle
14-02-12, 06:23 PM
The Castle Towers Christmas overflow carpark? Near the preschool. But it is just down the road from the cop shop.

FudoBoB
14-02-12, 07:35 PM
Adam you wouldn't want to be liable if random's rock up and cause trouble doing burnout etc...

Fair enough if you arranged it with people you know and trust but I wouldn't offer your works' car park for anyone and everyone to rock up imo.

HIR87D
15-02-12, 01:38 AM
yeah i know what your saying, agreed. Ill most probably use it for photo shoots or something.

EpicXTC
15-02-12, 10:29 AM
Do a citizens arrest on anyone attempting to do burnouts. Block them from leaving, and when they get out of the car, tazer them.
You can pick 5,000,000V tasers up off the internet for like $40.

5TI
16-02-12, 11:47 AM
The Castle Towers Christmas overflow carpark? Near the preschool. But it is just down the road from the cop shop.

thats a pretty good car park although its on a slant and yeh we will raided byt he cops within a few minutes over there

13BWAT
16-02-12, 12:31 PM
been speaking to the guys at top secret about some ideas! will keep you all posted :)

EMPROR
16-02-12, 04:21 PM
i like EpicXTC's plan, let's just taze everybody.

budsmoka
23-02-12, 04:23 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/16kuv82.jpg
found this place, looks big enough. gonna try and go sometime this week.
city council is just down the road though

GoldZilla
25-02-12, 06:00 AM
been speaking to the guys at top secret about some ideas! will keep you all posted :)

Spoke to them during the week as well. If their idea kicks off it will be excellent for the whole community!

hazjaz
25-02-12, 09:50 AM
This place could still be avaliable.. Supa Centa at Belrose

http://i41.tinypic.com/f9io76.jpg

WAN94N
25-02-12, 11:54 PM
dont care about care meets anymore...PHO MEET is where its at! tomorrow morning 8am cabra, be there or starve bitches!

Crayske
26-02-12, 10:53 PM
dont care about care meets anymore...PHO MEET is where its at! tomorrow morning 8am cabra, be there or starve bitches!

What is Pho..?

MaTBoY
27-02-12, 01:29 PM
its where people serve old vegetables in dish pan water and call it food :p

(viet noodles/soup. pretty nice)

WAN94N
27-02-12, 07:28 PM
lmfao you guys missed the 1st official JDMST Pho Meet, twas so awesome to just sit in a restaraunt with bunch of people talking bout shit and eating the same meal lol even somehow incorporated car talk into it hahaha

Crayske
27-02-12, 09:40 PM
lmfao you guys missed the 1st official JDMST Pho Meet, twas so awesome to just sit in a restaraunt with bunch of people talking bout shit and eating the same meal lol even somehow incorporated car talk into it hahaha

You guys actually had a meet up? Bahaha whens the next one in for dis, never had it before or atleast i dont think so.

WAN94N
27-02-12, 11:59 PM
hahaha yep! 5 crazy guys half hung over met up for beef noodle soup. well i'll try make it a monthly event but the hardest part is finding a venue everyone will be able to fit. its understandable that some people might prefer one shop over another but hey, its just like an EOMM. if you come you come, if you dont..too bad lol

budsmoka
28-02-12, 03:18 PM
JDMST Pho Meet FTW!
lol count me in the next one

-=neon=-
05-03-12, 10:44 PM
Stanwell Park Beach Reserve near water has open parking lot rarely visited by police.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1333&bih=665&q=maps+stanwell+park&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6b12dddd28745925:0x5017d681632e620,Stanwel l+Park+NSW&gl=au&ei=7ZhUT6b3E6mZiAL84di1Bg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQ8gEwAA

TONTON
06-03-12, 07:05 PM
Do a citizens arrest on anyone attempting to do burnouts. Block them from leaving, and when they get out of the car, tazer them.
You can pick 5,000,000V tasers up off the internet for like $40.

Link me

EpicXTC
07-03-12, 11:18 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/16kuv82.jpg
found this place, looks big enough. gonna try and go sometime this week.
city council is just down the road though

We could go for a swim while we're there too.
But srsly that carpark has the most aggressive speed humps ever conceived. My 86 even struggles in there.

Edit; But it's funny you posted that because re-visiting this thread made me think of btwn pools and their lack of usagee. So it could work?

hahaha yep! 5 crazy guys half hung over met up for beef noodle soup. well i'll try make it a monthly event but the hardest part is finding a venue everyone will be able to fit. its understandable that some people might prefer one shop over another but hey, its just like an EOMM. if you come you come, if you dont..too bad lol

Sounds badass. Post deet's and I'm there.

Link me

Been looking, the best I can find is the pretender. 4.5x10^6V for $73
I had heard on the news that there was a website selling 5x10^6V guns for $40 :(

WAN94N
07-03-12, 07:26 PM
Pho tonight if anyone is up for it..maybe canley heights

evil86
08-03-12, 11:24 AM
did i miss out dom?

ekx105
14-03-12, 04:57 PM
Greenway Shopping complex in Bossely Park is nice. Alot of parking!! Nice layout! Dunno about lighting at night but.

FEI-STi_REX
30-03-12, 03:22 AM
Where do you guys normally do the Pho meets? Since being in Sydney I haven't been to any really amazeball ones and I'm half Vietnamese AND been in Sydney for 13 months now lol.

MotorCulture
30-03-12, 12:57 PM
Canley Height / Cabra is where pho is at .

MotorCulture
30-03-12, 12:58 PM
Pho tonight if anyone is up for it..maybe canley heights

Dom . i want in .

cursed
31-03-12, 02:40 AM
how bout somewhere a bit closer for the north shore guys for once? not everyone lives in or around canley vale lol

Outsider
31-03-12, 03:20 PM
how bout somewhere a bit closer for the north shore guys for once? not everyone lives in or around canley vale lol

If you can find something suitable to the meets needs up near the north shore then post it on here and they'll have a look

Adjacent
31-03-12, 05:55 PM
Also for EOMM, can someone post a policy on attending. Each one I've been to so far, I've gone home shaking my head at the level of stupidity.

Nathg
31-03-12, 06:00 PM
Really? You've never noticed the list of rules on the first page for every eomm? You can tell people not to do stupid shit, you can threaten them they video evidence will be given I police, but they will still do stupid stuff..

WAN94N
31-03-12, 06:39 PM
Pm me for pho tnyt..cabra/canley again

Sent with my Wang~

SuperSaiyanPenguin
01-04-12, 08:51 PM
Bunnings Greenacre on Roberts Road has a nice underground carpark (great lighting), no speedhumps but the place is always filled with cops due to people speeding there as the road to maccas/bunnings is wide and long

Lou14
02-04-12, 11:48 PM
Found this carpark seems pretty good, Prairiewood, its called deerbush park http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6438/carparkk.jpg

WAN94N
06-04-12, 01:31 AM
how bout a homebush centenial park or wateva its called near the bbq area? can fit an easy 50 cars in there for a wkend bbq if anyone is keen

furstydrft
07-04-12, 02:54 AM
It may have been mentioned, and I'm pretty sure not many people would be too keen driving out that far but the Harvey Norman/Supercrap Auto/Bunnings complex in penrith on mulgoa road has crap loads of car spots, even underground stuff.

tiksie
08-04-12, 10:49 AM
You take that back! (about AR).

One of the best forums I've ever been on. Learnt so much shit there.

Nathg
17-04-12, 12:00 PM
There will be two new bunnings stores opening mid year in castle hill and rouse hill. The castle hill one has 2 levels of parking and looks pretty promising. Not sure if they will put boom gates at the entry though. Guess we will just have to wait and find out

slowKeto
17-04-12, 01:53 PM
found another car park..
anyone wanna have a mini meet? might start an event

http://i43.tinypic.com/vxlyyw.jpg

Near samantha riley! Yeah

The Stig
17-04-12, 06:37 PM
Found this carpark seems pretty good, Prairiewood, its called deerbush park http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6438/carparkk.jpg

+1

jeff.h
19-04-12, 07:58 PM
Lou14 - thats the parking for fairfield showground. heaps of space. a few shit speed humps but overall not too bad.

RB_LOVE
28-04-12, 02:15 PM
Norwest Car Wash meet, good old Hills meet, keep it small though, end of this week. Anyone keen?

Nathg
28-04-12, 03:36 PM
I might be down if it's on Thursday night

Lou14
28-04-12, 07:14 PM
Lou14 - thats the parking for fairfield showground. heaps of space. a few shit speed humps but overall not too bad.

Yeh the speed humps are f****d lol

FKD-LAW
01-05-12, 03:22 AM
bankstown police station

Mathias
02-05-12, 02:58 PM
A JDMST EOMM at KK's like the Muscle Car club has (Last saturday of every month) but on the Friday night would make for one epic car weekend, not to mention I think everyone around (Shop owners) would be more happier as obviously more cars/people = more money made :)

Outsider
03-05-12, 11:05 AM
A JDMST EOMM at KK's like the Muscle Car club has (Last saturday of every month) but on the Friday night would make for one epic car weekend, not to mention I think everyone around (Shop owners) would be more happier as obviously more cars/people = more money made :)

Alot of bogans troll by Livo KK's and you know your gonna get some try hard thats gonna try "Rip it" and overall Jackasses mangs.

But then again there's the positive sides you pointed out.

tonieez
03-05-12, 12:13 PM
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7IRFC_enAU380&redir_esc=&q=clovelly&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6b12b2718988edc9:0x5017d681632b210,Clovell y+NSW&gl=au&ei=rtuhT9-hJNGUiQfrg6CBCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CEMQ8gEwAQ

clovelly?

Squiggle
04-05-12, 11:03 AM
South end of Terrigal Beach? Nice Friday evening drive up the F3 (after peak hour).
I have been to a biggish cruise that ended there and all was good, police were there. They were only hassling the people doing skids.

WAN94N
05-05-12, 10:15 AM

i was there at the last one and spotted anthony GTRB28 there :)

schoona
07-05-12, 04:49 PM
Just my 2c, haven't gotten to an EOMM yet (live in Newcastle and now been sentenced to weekend night shift) but found the "north shore don't want to drive to carnley vale" comment pretty funny. It's not like it's the breadth of WA! Like you haven't driven more than 30km in a sitting before.

Think the charity angle is win, potentially even combining that with a workshop, but the workshops all have limited space as well.

A formal agreement between, for instance EC, and the forum would make things "binding" (as much as the EOMM rules are to discourage) and so the crap could be filtered out. With this sort of planning maybe it will mean that the ACTUAL cost for a couple of seccos for the night (the end of the day they are looking over the cars too, nothing sus), with the size of the meets should be quite easy to cover them for 6 hours (plus EOMM for the night or a shopping centre, what would you rather pick) and maybe that sort of thing could work.

What it means is that JDMST/organisers need to offer something to gain access. I can't think of a reason other than somebody's good nature to let these meets occur on their premises.

You also lose the flexibility to change location (unless was quarterly rotation, IE jan location 1, feb location 2, march location 3, april location 1, thereby the premises knows, only 4 meets for the year not 12 (much easier to manage, less dragging on them)) by going contractual, essentially that could me a proper sign in and sign out register.

Name- Car driven- No. Passengers. -Number plate. - Contact phone number - Signature

Able to be found visually, signature of attendance, able to be contacted should there need to be. Set up 2 garbage bins, toss your $2 in one and a (prepared? DL from JDMST? Template?) "entry form" into another before proceeding.

Makes it less casual and someone has to do it but hopefully some ideas to help...

Skipyellow
08-05-12, 01:03 AM
how bout at penrith panthers, at the aqua golf, we can all drive some ball into the water and then look at cars! woo! plus theres a decent car park there...

hellaflushh
14-05-12, 03:13 PM
belrose supacenta is right next to a buntings. they both have massive parking lots and they could store 100+ cars i think. might need permission but they could say yes. its worth a try. but supacenta is like 4 stories of parking. and buntings is just undercover and outside

RB_LOVE
16-05-12, 01:02 PM
how bout at penrith panthers, at the aqua golf, we can all drive some ball into the water and then look at cars! woo! plus theres a decent car park there...

Good idea! so keen for it.

sn00ze
16-05-12, 02:54 PM

I'd be in :)

WAN94N
16-05-12, 09:48 PM
early morning this weekend pho meet anyone?

MY-25-GT
29-05-12, 05:22 PM
keen for a night or evening meet up soon!!!

trism
29-05-12, 09:47 PM
Just my 2c, haven't gotten to an EOMM yet (live in Newcastle and now been sentenced to weekend night shift) but found the "north shore don't want to drive to carnley vale" comment pretty funny. It's not like it's the breadth of WA! Like you haven't driven more than 30km in a sitting before.

x2 on this so much.

takes me between 3 and 3.5 hours to sydney from my place, and i used to go to some sort of meet/cruise every single month.

Ya'lls need to man up a little bit.

why not have a meet at gosford/central coast area, a bit closer for the guys from the hunter valley and further north, and also get the guys from sydney to drive a little bit for once.

jack-DC5R
29-05-12, 10:48 PM

I'm in for that for suree !!! Good spot good car park:) let's do it

VeYzZii
31-05-12, 02:24 AM
Just an idea for the parking issue. Industrial areas are pretty much dead during the night. If we could find an industrial area, with parking on the side, why cant we just bomb there. (taking that nobody does anything stupid burnouts revving etc, im pretty sure cops wont have much to say) ??? Just a thought.

imholy
01-06-12, 04:00 AM
Eastgardens Westfield's top floor

jack-DC5R
01-06-12, 09:40 AM
There is an Audi in quakers hill and it's completely empty by 8 most nights, id say fits over 100 cars and always lit up:)

jack-DC5R
01-06-12, 09:20 PM
Aldi* will send pics tomorrow :)

Nathg
01-06-12, 09:43 PM
Just an idea for the parking issue. Industrial areas are pretty much dead during the night. If we could find an industrial area, with parking on the side, why cant we just bomb there. (taking that nobody does anything stupid burnouts revving etc, im pretty sure cops wont have much to say) ??? Just a thought.
The TSI meet in blacktown last year was like this. It was shit. Cars lined the street for hundreds of metres, with no street lights. Security roam industrial areas frequently, they'll just call the cops..

SWAG83
04-06-12, 08:54 PM
Somewhere in Taren Point? there's a bunning's there which could hold 100 cars id say?

DakDak
08-06-12, 08:38 AM
Warwick Farm Train station car park.

Its massive, has like 3 levels can easily hold 200 cars

ED85
13-06-12, 06:29 PM
Orange Grove is one of the best spots. Though who ever is organising it, has to ensure they organise it for the meet to start at 6.30-7.00. Therefore we can takeover a location in the OG carpark.

Hickson road in the Sydney CBD is a good spot. It can fit A LOT of cars. Lighting is ok. Regarding cops... That's always the million dollar question.

Maroubra beach car park... Won't take much cars.... Probably have to
Go after 8pm to ensure a lot of empty spaces.

Canley vale leisure centre has an extremely massive carpark. I don't think no meets have been held there so I am not sure about the police activities there.

The car park behind bobjane at stock lands Wetherill park is a good spot, has good lightin also. Unfortunately it's 2min from thr police station. I'm sure if we give
Them a heads up that we having a friendly meet tey wouldn't mind.... Maybe invite true police wrx to the meet also to earn the JDM forum trust....

SuperSaiyanPenguin
16-06-12, 06:17 PM
theres a carpark at foxstudios i think its called EQ, fits alot of cars, we can prob take a whole level+rooftop?! and have say a selection of cars at the rooftop?! should be good imo ;)

Nathg
16-06-12, 06:23 PM
^are you trying to be funny?

SuperSaiyanPenguin
16-06-12, 06:34 PM
:'( i guess it failed

Nathg
16-06-12, 06:38 PM
It was a good try, just all the effort the lowdown guys have put in, I don't think they'd appreciate it lol

SuperSaiyanPenguin
16-06-12, 06:55 PM
It was a good try, just all the effort the lowdown guys have put in, I don't think they'd appreciate it lol

ah true true! well if you guys are reading this, no offence :D

Armstrong
16-06-12, 08:37 PM

*Penrith - Harvey Norman car park. The large car parking complex owned by various stores like bunnings, bing lee, jbhifi, harvey norman, Domain. So if we get asked to leave we simply need to move our cars to the other side of the car park owned by another store.
http://goo.gl/maps/ITfD

*Blacktown- Homeware on stoddard road
http://goo.gl/maps/hswy

ShowUsYourTints
18-06-12, 01:21 PM
Do any of you blokes live around the Northern Beaches? There is some awesome meet places over here that could accomodate a large crowd.

MrKilrwats
19-06-12, 10:59 PM
harry's cafe in liverpool? always a good turnup their but mostly muscle cars. Their is oportos, kebabs, harry's cafe and i think something else all within a 100m radius of the parking and theirs lots of space for cars to park..
Just an idea :)

bert_
21-06-12, 02:16 PM
Warwick Farm Train station car park.

Its massive, has like 3 levels can easily hold 200 cars

its also very well lit at night.

renstar
21-06-12, 08:34 PM
Do any of you blokes live around the Northern Beaches? There is some awesome meet places over here that could accomodate a large crowd.

We had one at Avalon Beach a couple of years ago but not many people made the journey

ED85
22-06-12, 08:47 AM
Avalon Beach.... WoW that's far, not surprised not many numbers made the journey.
Last time there was an Evo meet only at cronulla and only about 10 cars turned up......

So now there are all these ideas lol, will their be a meet loooool

DakDak
27-06-12, 10:15 AM
its also very well lit at night.

Yea forgot to add that.

Well lit.
Massive.
All to ourselves at the right hour.

Nathg
27-06-12, 02:09 PM
Avalon Beach.... WoW that's far, not surprised not many numbers made the journey.
Last time there was an Evo meet only at cronulla and only about 10 cars turned up......

So now there are all these ideas lol, will their be a meet loooool
There's evoOZ meets in cronulla basically every month..

james888
27-06-12, 02:44 PM
There doesn't seem to be many people out here in the North, seems like most people are out West.

1nzfe
27-06-12, 10:08 PM
Anyone one thought of St Martins Village @ Blacktown, wouldn't it be empty considering after hour meets? Can't remember if it's low car friendly though...
Bunnings used to be there but it closed down...

J_HUI
28-06-12, 11:38 AM
Anyone one thought of St Martins Village @ Blacktown, wouldn't it be empty considering after hour meets? Can't remember if it's low car friendly though...
Bunnings used to be there but it closed down...
Love the kebab meat bbq chicken pizzas in St Martins Village, $16 for a family size, heaps close to me too!

It's a pretty quiet spot after dark, but theirs always people hanging around the maccas/ bunnings side doing stupid stuff.
It is west Sydney after all :lol:

MaTBoY
02-07-12, 11:53 AM
come out to pemriff brah.

WAN94N
04-07-12, 03:16 PM
Anyone keen for kebab meet at tc brothers Bankstown? Carpark across the street will hold 50 easily

OPL33Z
04-07-12, 04:49 PM
samantha riley carpark in the hills?
anyone keen?

Nathg
04-07-12, 07:45 PM
Samantha Riley car park was going to be the venue for allaboutstance meets, think they found that the one across the road from the outback steakhouse was bigger.

slowKeto
04-07-12, 08:23 PM
Samantha Riley car park was going to be the venue for allaboutstance meets, think they found that the one across the road from the outback steakhouse was bigger.

AE86DC meet this weekend at outback carpark

slowKeto
04-07-12, 08:25 PM
(Hey guys,
I was thinking about just having a meet and greet in the hills area.
More then likely at the car wash in Norwest boulevard.
I was thinking july 28th around 7pm.

This might change depending how many people will Be interested in coming
So please feel free to share your thoughts on this I'm flexible on the location and time.
Only thing is can't be any earlier then the 28th since I currently have a suspended license

Cheers)

hey guys just letting everyone know i will be going ahead with the meet and greet it will be at the T-way station located at the intersection of old Windsor road and Sunnyholt road.
its on the other side of outback steak house.
meet time will be 7pm on July 28th all cars are welcome to join.

Details ^

Nathg
04-07-12, 09:08 PM
Kishan, is that a jdmst only meet? Reason I ask is that members from the hills area already organise small meets, would e pointless of there are two different groups that are doing it...

slowKeto
04-07-12, 09:44 PM
Kishan, is that a jdmst only meet? Reason I ask is that members from the hills area already organise small meets, would e pointless of there are two different groups that are doing it...

Its just a general forum organized meet.
All cars welcome from all forums

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=71877

Nathg
04-07-12, 09:54 PM
Ok so it's organized on ae86 forum and you are posting it here.

There is a thread in the events section for those interested in something in the hills district. Keep an eye on it as there will be a small meet next week

slowKeto
04-07-12, 09:57 PM
Ok so it's organized on ae86 forum and you are posting it here.

There is a thread in the events section for those interested in something in the hills district. Keep an eye on it as there will be a small meet next week

Sorry, my bad... Just realized jdmst meets

yeah i'll keep an eye out

gambler
05-07-12, 07:47 PM
Anyone keen for kebab meet at tc brothers Bankstown? Carpark across the street will hold 50 easily

I like this idea, kebabs, cars, close to my mrs place.

Bayani
12-07-12, 06:44 PM

Yep.
Dee Why.

Most are out west :O

Murdockie1992
11-04-13, 01:55 PM
hey guys! im from NSW down the south coast, got my S15 today and am definitely up for some meets whenever! :D you guys like the idea of going for mountainous drives etc? bendy roads and touring style roads?

if so i know of some great ones near the highlands etc!

nikolaz01
12-04-13, 11:56 AM
I dont know but if you guys know where anzac bridge is under it as youre driving along the bridge towards the city on the left there use to be the car docking area there where they had all the new cars shipped.

That area is now cleared and not in use any more perhaps we can somehow get that docking area for epic photos of the syd harbour bridge in the background and anzac bridge!

Murdockie1992
12-04-13, 03:36 PM
OMG id love that haha, jjust came from a drive over that bridge back to westmead, defs need to get my DSLR and get some photos sometime soon!?

SuperSaiyanPenguin
12-04-13, 03:58 PM
I dont know but if you guys know where anzac bridge is under it as youre driving along the bridge towards the city on the left there use to be the car docking area there where they had all the new cars shipped.

That area is now cleared and not in use any more perhaps we can somehow get that docking area for epic photos of the syd harbour bridge in the background and anzac bridge!

always seen that when my parents drive to city!

anyidea where the entry would be? st name etc? would love to check that out, hopefully it isn't too covered by security like the area around there

Boogs
13-04-13, 03:13 PM
always seen that when my parents drive to city!

anyidea where the entry would be? st name etc? would love to check that out, hopefully it isn't too covered by security like the area around there

Good luck and its secured.
Won't last 5 minutes in the place.

SuperSaiyanPenguin
13-04-13, 07:13 PM
Good luck and its secured.
Won't last 5 minutes in the place.

yeah figured haha

Subiedoo
12-06-13, 04:39 PM
For sure entrance will be near balmain area.

Ke10rolla
12-06-13, 08:06 PM
entry via James Craig rd .. off the cresent .. (if coming from victoria rd... go right instead of going left onto the bridge.. then first left after coming off victoria rd)

But good luck.. given the fact that it was/is a port it would be heavily guarded... always wished to be able to get some photo's on there... ..

SuperSaiyanPenguin
12-06-13, 08:12 PM
entry via James Craig rd .. off the cresent .. (if coming from victoria rd... go right instead of going left onto the bridge.. then first left after coming off victoria rd)

But good luck.. given the fact that it was/is a port it would be heavily guarded... always wished to be able to get some photo's on there... ..

thanks for that appreciate it !!

also just saw dom's post regarding tc brother nsw kebab meets! i'll be down, just like the vic one!

JDM3VO
11-11-14, 04:08 PM
Hi all! I was wondering if you would be able to help me out. My friend got his 2001 3 CT9A EVO 7 stolen around April this year from Cambridge Street, Penshurst SYDNEY. The police have been absolutely no help and I was wondering hoping you could spread the word to see if anyone may have seen or knows anything!
Thank you so much!!!!!
These are the details:
Make: EVO 7
Model: GH-CT9A SNGFZ
Colour: White
Rego when stolen: JDM3VO
VIN: TBA
Chassis No: CT9A -0004702
Distinctive features: whole rear of the car is an EVO 9 body.
Any info: [email protected]

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1779255_10152378223856954_1704581884173230165_n.jp g?oh=c0097a7b1818f51635ace99c479c047d&oe=54D764BD&__gda__=1423714690_69cdb184963115599f95d650f8a3ead f

sausages
26-11-14, 12:18 PM
INSURANCE....?

Retroboymedia
05-07-16, 02:51 PM
Hi my name is Alex but i go by Retroboymedia I'm ALL NEW to this. i shoot videos and photograph as a hobby my plans are to start a cinematography Company. But first I need to get myself known and show off my work. I own a Scion XA which I slowly have customize to my taste. And i love it. :come: and see my work I am open for suggestions let me know what you think and don't forget to like and common Thank you!!

(1st Channel)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5YMr_twmv1AOc_J8oR7ZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4cNuMQuI3s

(My instagram)
https://www.instagram.com/retroboymedia/

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee245/TBSD_photos/SAM_0799.jpg (http://s231.photobucket.com/user/TBSD_photos/media/SAM_0799.jpg.html)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee245/TBSD_photos/SAM_0813.jpg (http://s231.photobucket.com/user/TBSD_photos/media/SAM_0813.jpg.html)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee245/TBSD_photos/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%207.04.00%20PM.png (http://s231.photobucket.com/user/TBSD_photos/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%207.04.00%20PM.png.html)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee245/TBSD_photos/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%208.21.52%20PM.png (http://s231.photobucket.com/user/TBSD_photos/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-28%20at%208.21.52%20PM.png.html)

Retroboymedia
05-07-16, 02:51 PM
(1st Channel)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5YMr_twmv1AOc_J8oR7ZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrAtPE7HlM