PDA

View Full Version : My 2011 STi Sedan

lфcalhфst
18-01-12, 09:04 PM
Had an old thread for my 08' WRX, figured the new car deserved its own thread.

Only mods so far is the Carbing Strut Brace w/ Brake Booster.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/aaron_cox/Cars/Mine/45e06487.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/aaron_cox/Cars/Mine/e6580371.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/aaron_cox/Cars/Mine/cbea2634.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/aaron_cox/Cars/Mine/1ff905fe.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/aaron_cox/ccd1bd3f.jpg

MrVu
18-01-12, 09:58 PM
farking hot!

what are your plans for it??

lфcalhфst
18-01-12, 10:13 PM
farking hot!

what are your plans for it??

I leave for Japan in 6 weeks so I plan on bringing back a few parts (i.e STi bottomline sides and the STi V-Limited Lip) apart from that likely a Invidia TBE and tune at some stage when I get back.

zahmad
18-01-12, 10:19 PM
One of the biggest things this gen of WRX/WRX STI lacks is a large enough exhaust to under that rear bumper....

A'PEXi
18-01-12, 10:36 PM
nice, was waiting for someone to mod one of these :)

AusScare
18-01-12, 10:57 PM
Fucking love these things.

EK Lover
18-01-12, 11:18 PM
Gorgeous... Really nice car dude... can't wait to see it evolve :)

Snoop G
19-01-12, 12:20 AM

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2011-kia-rio-4-door-sedan-lx-rear-exterior-view_100322423_l.jpg

carlitos_sti
19-01-12, 12:29 AM
Awesome ride dude!!! enjoy!!! hope to see more updates of this!!!

lфcalhфst
19-01-12, 12:31 AM
[IMG]Image Removed

They are both white? and have red tail lights? like 20% of most cars ........gripes about appearence from a delsol owner of all people :rolleyes:

Fr4n
19-01-12, 12:51 AM

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2011-kia-rio-4-door-sedan-lx-rear-exterior-view_100322423_l.jpg

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

autechlol
19-01-12, 12:56 AM
love these.

_IceMan_
19-01-12, 02:05 AM
Nice ride :cool:

How long have you had it? I see the Zupps number plate surround so guessing you didn't buy it from the STI dealerships (Newstead/Toowong)?
Coming up to 3 months since I picked up mine.. same spec as yours but Rally Blue :).

Which reminds me..I should probably start up a thread for it too. Even though I haven't really done much to it :lol:

u jelly brah?

Drifter995
19-01-12, 02:08 AM
I have high hopes for this build. ;D

EM16A
19-01-12, 08:44 AM
lol those 2 pictures don't even look the same

Very nice STI, nice choice in colour too!

lфcalhфst
19-01-12, 11:53 AM
Nice ride :cool:

How long have you had it? I see the Zupps number plate surround so guessing you didn't buy it from the STI dealerships (Newstead/Toowong)?
Coming up to 3 months since I picked up mine.. same spec as yours but Rally Blue :).

Which reminds me..I should probably start up a thread for it too. Even though I haven't really done much to it :lol:

Was purchased at Zupps Subaru on the Gold Coast. Had it for almost 12 months now, ordered it the day Subaru announced the Sedan STi and from there it took 6 and a bit months to deliver.

-EGA.2.90-
19-01-12, 01:43 PM

My god how fkn original..

Lol @ 2 ppl who found Kia thing funny both own Hondas, it figures

Snoop G
19-01-12, 03:16 PM
i dont own a del sol anymore thats now sold unfortunately.
its not jealousy or a gripe i was stating the lights looks almost identical to the wrx all the kia needs is a spoiler and exhaust.
Heck there is alot cars look similar to one another.

So while wrx owners feel patriotic towards there beloved WRX and wrx owners.
1 question i would like to ask if it could be educated to me.
And thats why the F*#! do they change the body styling on it so much.
As if the designer is drunk or random designers are being hire for the job and each one keeps changing so much.
the hatchback to then this shape as seen above, bug eye, peanut eye etc.

The design cues are so much different than previous and i wanna know why.
Look at R32, r33, R34 and R35 you can see they share the same to similar taillights and sort of get a feel to its gradual design change as its develops in the future.
Civics, Even my beloved CRX made that mistake from the gen2 crx wedge shape to the del sol targa. What in the world. Its no real suprise they stopped production after such a radical exterior change.
And yet WRX seems to go ahead uneffected by it all and continues to change the shape. Will the next WRX look like a Hyandai next?

Kl85
19-01-12, 03:24 PM
Neat STi mate! Can't believe it's a 6 months wait for your car

-EGA.2.90-
19-01-12, 05:52 PM
R35 has round tail lights nothing else is similar to other models. all wrx have bonnet scoops therefore taking your logic they have kept similarities through the models, heck the even still run a flat four EJ series motor through every model, can't say that or your beloved skyline, they've gone from straight six to a v6.

Anyways.. Azz car is looking phat, should look awesome with bottomline kit, have you thought of doing your rims charcoal?

EvoBlitz
19-01-12, 05:58 PM
So happy they brought out the wide body versions :)

Nice purchase man! You enjoying it over the 08?

STI-47W
19-01-12, 06:34 PM
hopefully this shap rex will be my next car. absolutly love them. look immac in white aswell.

camerooney
19-01-12, 09:43 PM
Very nice mate!
I need some 18" STI rims. The stock 17's on the '11 Rex are waaaaaay too small
:)

stephen8512
19-01-12, 10:03 PM
i dont own a del sol anymore thats now sold unfortunately.
its not jealousy or a gripe i was stating the lights looks almost identical to the wrx all the kia needs is a spoiler and exhaust.
Heck there is alot cars look similar to one another.

So while wrx owners feel patriotic towards there beloved WRX and wrx owners.
1 question i would like to ask if it could be educated to me.
And thats why the F*#! do they change the body styling on it so much.
As if the designer is drunk or random designers are being hire for the job and each one keeps changing so much.
the hatchback to then this shape as seen above, bug eye, peanut eye etc.

The design cues are so much different than previous and i wanna know why.
Look at R32, r33, R34 and R35 you can see they share the same to similar taillights and sort of get a feel to its gradual design change as its develops in the future.
Civics, Even my beloved CRX made that mistake from the gen2 crx wedge shape to the del sol targa. What in the world. Its no real suprise they stopped production after such a radical exterior change.
And yet WRX seems to go ahead uneffected by it all and continues to change the shape. Will the next WRX look like a Hyandai next?

man, you're an idiot. dont try and make it out to seem that you were merely "just asking a question" when you put up that pic of the Kia Rio. Seeing as how a car such as a Kia/Hyundai/whatever isnt a car that people on this forum modify or take seriously due to its lack of popularity amongst modders, its usually used as a means to ridicule, which is what you did. You were trying to be a smartarse, and only one other dickhead thought it was funny. Im sure the owner and many others already knew that the rear looks like the Kia Rio (or rather, Kia Rio copied Subaru).

If i did this

http://ftlracing.com/members/jadkar/crx2.jpg

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/511065/458376.jpg

and then proceeded to say "no gripe or jealousy or nothing....just wanting to know why the Gen 2 crx LOOKS a lot like a pile of shit....are the designers drunk or something?" You would know that me posting that comment/question was bullshit. How the fk is you questioning why a car looks the way it does to someone that had no part in the design process going to give you answers regarding the shape or whatever? If you really wanted to know, you wouldnt have posted that up in a members build thread and have asked that question in the off topic section or some shit

Nathg
19-01-12, 10:17 PM
^^^ fucking domination right there!!

Oh and nice Rex op :)

EK Lover
19-01-12, 10:56 PM
I had a chuckle at the kia thing, but apart from similar tail lights there isn't much in it...

Guess Kia know which good looking cars to copy :P

And yet WRX seems to go ahead uneffected by it all and continues to change the shape.

Coz the car underneath remains spectacular? And as much as the looks change radically, they still look good (even if you ignore the scoop and wing tying them together).

fire
19-01-12, 11:10 PM
sweet looking suby dude! they're already fast as shit stock, can't wait to see what it's like tuned :D

clutch-monkey
19-01-12, 11:13 PM
I had a chuckle at the kia thing, but apart from similar tail lights there isn't much in it...

Guess Kia know which good looking cars to copy :P
i disagree, it's not necessarily kia, but they just blend in with all the econoboxes on the road. used to be able to pick out an sti from a distance, looks like korean whitegoods now.

carlitos_sti
19-01-12, 11:18 PM
^^^^^loooooooool!!!! fking owned hahahaha!!! stephen8512 you kick some ass homie!!!

EK Lover
19-01-12, 11:33 PM
i disagree, it's not necessarily kia, but they just blend in with all the econoboxes on the road. used to be able to pick out an sti from a distance, looks like korean whitegoods now.

Fair enough (I take no offence, my rex is one of those "used to be able to..." looks lol).

SupraWei
19-01-12, 11:49 PM
Bro that is a mad car! How does it drive stock standard?? I used to have a dead stock MY05 STi and absolutely loved the power and torque. I don't know if you should do power mods as I went in a couple of modded 05 STi with over 220awkw and neither had the response and the G force as my dead stock 1. I personally like how factory tuned them.

carlitos_sti
20-01-12, 12:08 AM
Bro that is a mad car! How does it drive stock standard?? I used to have a dead stock MY05 STi and absolutely loved the power and torque. I don't know if you should do power mods as I went in a couple of modded 05 STi with over 220awkw and neither had the response and the G force as my dead stock 1. I personally like how factory tuned them.

+1 dude if you love them stock... trust me with a few simple mods your are going to enjoy more your ride ;) i have a USDM 2005 STi ;)

SupraWei
20-01-12, 12:23 AM
+1 dude if you love them stock... trust me with a few simple mods your are going to enjoy more your ride ;) i have a USDM 2005 STi ;)

Ar I think Ive seen your build thread? USDM 05 sti are 2.5L right? Aus spec MY05 STi were all 2.0L. Either way, modded or stock, Subaru gets my credit :)

carlitos_sti
20-01-12, 12:37 AM
Ar I think Ive seen your build thread? USDM 05 sti are 2.5L right? Aus spec MY05 STi were all 2.0L. Either way, modded or stock, Subaru gets my credit :)

2+ Subaru FTW!!!

;) yes dude!!! i think so!!! anyway yes the USDM are 2.5L ;) now im working on my engine :) with the all new upgrades i hope 500+whp on 93oct fuel ;) on race fuel are a different story lol!!!

_IceMan_
20-01-12, 02:33 AM
Was purchased at Zupps Subaru on the Gold Coast. Had it for almost 12 months now, ordered it the day Subaru announced the Sedan STi and from there it took 6 and a bit months to deliver.
Ah ok... but man 6 months is a looooong time to wait for your new car. I was lucky they found mine within a week from when I put down the deposit. Don't think I could last 6 months!

Btw, just a suggestion.. have you looked at one of these?

Perrin shorty antenna
http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/perrin-shorty-antennas-pep-bdy-1xx

^This was the first thing I bought for mine. Looks so much better than the stock RC car antenna and I feel it lowers the overall profile of the car too.

-EGA.2.90-
20-01-12, 07:34 AM
Subaru stick tunes are very rich and docile, a reflash will unleash a lot more torque and power across the rev range and will also move the power curve to the left :D

clutch-monkey
20-01-12, 09:30 AM
Fair enough (I take no offence, my rex is one of those "used to be able to..." looks lol).
yeah it's not ugly, but its not pretty either (well, really they never were :lol:) but cars all seem to look the same now as they try and please everyone haha.
i reckon cops wouldn't give it a second glance either though.

EK Lover
20-01-12, 10:23 AM

Might be a good thing, unlike my piece of cop bait :P

KEV248
20-01-12, 10:54 AM
i love it man!!! if i had the cash, id buy one, they are HOT!!!!!

lфcalhфst
20-01-12, 11:17 AM

If it didn't have the wing from behind then its likely, but from the front the guards stick out wide as hell without even mentioning the scoop and the side profile isn't much better with the wing. So far I have been lucky, but its more likely to do with me only racking up on average 5000kms per year.

Ah ok... but man 6 months is a looooong time to wait for your new car. I was lucky they found mine within a week from when I put down the deposit. Don't think I could last 6 months!

Btw, just a suggestion.. have you looked at one of these?

Perrin shorty antenna

Yeah it was a very long wait, it was a series of misfortunate events. One of them being the closing of the Brisbane docks during the floods in Jan 2011 that meant the car went back to Subaru in Japan instead of being delivered to another port. (does that make my car twice as JDM? :lol:)

I actually have seen those and was meaning to get one but didn't know there was an AUS supplier, cheers for that.

MR2QIK
20-01-12, 03:13 PM
Nice WRX! Perfect candidate for some nicer wheels :)

ksubi++
20-01-12, 07:37 PM
Very nice STi!

I would've got one too if I had the money. I just settled for an 08 Hatch lol.

Do you mind PMing me more pics of your previous ride?

lфcalhфst
20-01-12, 08:04 PM
Very nice STi!

I would've got one too if I had the money. I just settled for an 08 Hatch lol.

Do you mind PMing me more pics of your previous ride?

There was a thread around here somewhere for it, but this was it.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/aaron_cox/Cars/Mine/165539_1799745078680_1391378323_32006135_272881_n. jpg

It was pretty modified;

Whiteline Front 24mm Swaybar
Whiteline Front Solid Endlinks
Whiteline Rear 22mm Adj sway bar
Whiteline Rear Solid Endlinks
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Brace
Whiteline X Brace
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
Whiteline Anti Roll Kit
Carbing Front Strut Brace W/ Brake Booster Brace
Carbing Rear Cross Brace
Tien Super Street Coilovers
Turbo Xs TBE
VF52
Seibon Carbon STi Wing
Rays Engineering Volk 18x8 CE28nF
Rays Drumilium (sp) Extended Nuts
Falken RT615 Semi-Slick 18/235/40
Process West Top Mount
Whiteline X Brace

_IceMan_
22-01-12, 02:53 PM
I actually have seen those and was meaning to get one but didn't know there was an AUS supplier, cheers for that.
No worries :) Dan at CarMods is a great guy..they're based at the Gold Coast. I got mine delivered the next day and postage was around 10 bucks or something.

SupraWei
22-01-12, 03:08 PM
Subaru stick tunes are very rich and docile, a reflash will unleash a lot more torque and power across the rev range and will also move the power curve to the left :D

Factory tune on STi has the boost curve climb up high whne comes on then drops down as rev goes up towrds top end and afr goes very deep rich when boost just comes on then lean it a lil to flaten at around 11 : 1. I can see why factory tun it like that though. Huge mid range pull around 4000 and gives you a bit of rally car taste since rally cars don't need top end power. I have been in 2 reflash tuned STi and driven a tuned wrx. They seemed to have leanier power delivery where I felt it was less exciting. The overall rich afr from factory means factory has to ensure the motor to be reliable under any weather condition or how hard people drive them.