PDA

View Full Version : JMDST Featured Car opportunity [Melbourne]

van
17-10-06, 10:39 AM
Hola gang,

Pretty soon, JDMST's Featured Car section will be turning its attention toward us Melbournites. What we need, is a special car to feature, and a photographer to capture the magic.

If you're a Melbourne JDMST member, even if you don't post a lot or at all, and you have a great JDM car; holla. If you're a great photographer with a badass camera; holla.

Now remember guys, this is the Featured Car section. The car needs to be something more than standard, you know? Something much more. We need to interview you, and when we ask "So, what have you done to the car?" we don't want the answer to be "Not a lot, it's pretty much stock lolz".

Step up! :)

Keep the thread on track, please.

Luc
17-10-06, 04:50 PM
I'll take photos if you like.

Shiri
17-10-06, 04:57 PM
Not much, It's pretty much stock

van
17-10-06, 04:58 PM
If you've got good gear and the talent, that'd be great! Justin's been pretty adamant that the photos need to be great quality haha, so I guess the last Featured Car stands as the benchmark ;)

Now we need a car!

Justin Fox
17-10-06, 06:16 PM
Yep come on someone step up and respresent!!!

gimic
17-10-06, 07:12 PM
wow. i would love to take the photos, but hey, im just another chum with a 350D :)
maybe give us some example of what level of equipment you are wanting someone to use etc..?
and any pre-requisite's as to what the car has to be

Luc
17-10-06, 07:20 PM
If you've got good gear and the talent, that'd be great! Justin's been pretty adamant that the photos need to be great quality haha, so I guess the last Featured Car stands as the benchmark ;)

Now we need a car!

i dont think we have pro photographers down here like you guys do up there.

That said, I really dont want to get into this snobby pro vs amateur bs argument.

Sure art involves a good eye etc, and some people have it and some do not, but just like modifying cars, i feel that photography depends a lot about the tools you have around you as well

Not like you can run 12's in a lada niva.

Apologies for not being professional :) But, if you ever want an opinion on say, world politics, or an interpreter when you go to Indonesia, feel free.

van
17-10-06, 07:21 PM
I can't think of a reason why you can't come along as well Gimic, nobody's getting paid (and nobody's profiting, so don't worry about that!) so it's only fair that you have the same opportunity as Luc to fill whatever portfolio or hobby gallery you might like to fill!

A DSLR is obviously the preferred choice, though any high-end digicam will probably do the job. I'm not a photographer, so I can't say much on that front.

As for the car, well as I said, it needs to be something more than the average, you know? As far as my own tastes go, I'd like to see something along the lines of a track-ready Supra, Skyline, Silvia, S2000, Z33 Fairlady, etc. That's my tastes, but I'm not the boss.

As long as the car is nice, clean, classy and tasteful, with some serious effort put into the engine and running gear, it'll be a chance. I'm personally against 20" chrome blingin' rims and spaceship bodykits, but I've always preferred the track look over the Autosalon look. But once again, I'm not the boss. If you love your car and think it's worthy, step forward and the JDMST team will make the call! :)

van
17-10-06, 07:23 PM
Luc: No doubt mate, no doubt. If y'all have got good cameras, we'll make do as best we can.

gimic
17-10-06, 09:05 PM
ok well i am more then happy to attend and submit some photos at the end of it then you can have a look, and see whether you want to use them or not. that'd be great.

van
17-10-06, 11:46 PM
Sounds rad man :)

pboi
18-10-06, 12:04 AM
i wanna come and take photos of the feature car aswell ......maybe lol =D
havent played with the camera in ages.

mr crex
18-10-06, 12:23 AM
I'll be travelling to Melb before the end of the year, hopefully in November if not then early December, and ofcourse I'll be bringing my equipment.

but I dunno if I'm pro enough :p hehe

van
18-10-06, 12:24 AM
Oh I hear you're pretty good ;)

Luc
18-10-06, 12:29 AM
k so we got 4 photographers. but nothing to take pics of.

bogan
18-10-06, 02:03 AM
If you guys decide upon which car to do a feature on.. i suggest you guys try as hard as you can to keep it a secret/mystery from the rest of the forum members as possible. Babs featured car was kind of a suprise and it made it even better to read about! I'm sure if we add that aspect of mystery to the future feature articles everyone will enjoy it even more :P

thats my 2bob =]

VTECMACHINE
18-10-06, 02:04 AM
Agreed!!!

Justin Fox
18-10-06, 06:57 AM
Ditto.

van
18-10-06, 07:06 AM
Good call Bogan, will do :)