PDA

View Full Version : New Honda Jazz - already have problems!!!

Justin Fox
20-10-06, 12:13 PM
So I finally convinced Mum to buy a Jazz as her daily driver. Anyways, got the top of the line model and took delivery of it. Hop in the car, put it in drive and go *KNOCK". Brake... go again *KNOCK*.

It's a loud knocking sound and I can also feel it through the floor/chassis.

I suppose not all cars are made equal huh? Like, for example, if you took 5 brand new cars to the dyno what's the bet each of them make different power?

van
20-10-06, 02:38 PM
With the preciseness of engine manufacture these days; computer-defined cylinders, and the computer built and assembled components, I reckon the power difference from 1 identical car to the next would be very, very small. I know there's a lot of parts involved, but I can't imagine there's much room for error when such precise methods are involved in manufacturing these things.

As far as the knock goes, that sucks!

Dave R
20-10-06, 02:42 PM
Ummm, just take it 2 the dealership, tell em what u told us and im sure they will help u.. its a new car so it would be under warranty :)

Congrats on the purchase, hope she enjoys it (well otherwise from the 'knock')

van
20-10-06, 02:47 PM
I don't think he was asking for advice on what to do about the knock mate, I imagine returning to the dealer was pretty obvious to him ;). The guy's just venting his frustration. :)

Dave R
20-10-06, 02:49 PM
yer, my bad... but yer... goodluck with the fix :) honda really do make great lil cars for the city

Philip Lee
20-10-06, 03:11 PM
well that's a Thai made Jazz i guess......

Babalouie
20-10-06, 03:18 PM
So I finally convinced Mum to buy a Jazz as her daily driver. Anyways, got the top of the line model and took delivery of it. Hop in the car, put it in drive and go *KNOCK". Brake... go again *KNOCK*.

It's a loud knocking sound and I can also feel it through the floor/chassis.

I suppose not all cars are made equal huh? Like, for example, if you took 5 brand new cars to the dyno what's the bet each of them make different power?

Honda being Honda, I would be willing to place a modest bet that the knock is related to something dealer-fitted, like air-con rather than anything that was done at the Honda factory...

EGG80X
20-10-06, 03:22 PM
that sux man, especially a brand new car too.....

take it back and return it

Justin Fox
20-10-06, 04:03 PM
You know how it is with new cars. You never get a new car if they find a problem, instead they fix the problem.

The annoying thing is that after the lengthy wait on the car in the 1st place it came delivered with a problem.

Owner has to take time out of their schedule to drive the car in, take a test drive with a mechanic to confirm the problem, leave the car, get a lift/taxi home. Carless again, then later go pick it up. IE: It's a bit of a kick in the tooth considering you're buying a brand new car (which should be a fun/painless experience). Just venting, just un-lucky.

FC3S
20-10-06, 04:20 PM
You know how it is with new cars. You never get a new car if they find a problem, instead they fix the problem.

The annoying thing is that after the lengthy wait on the car in the 1st place it came delivered with a problem.

Owner has to take time out of their schedule to drive the car in, take a test drive with a mechanic to confirm the problem, leave the car, get a lift/taxi home. Carless again, then later go pick it up. IE: It's a bit of a kick in the tooth considering you're buying a brand new car (which should be a fun/painless experience). Just venting, just un-lucky.

yea man i get what you mean.. you buy a new car, you expect everything to be fresh and clean. if something happens (just like your situation) and you have to take it back to the dealer and get things fixed, you wont have that new car feeling anymore if you know what i mean :roll:

josh2.5
20-10-06, 04:23 PM
Could be worse. Dad has some pretty bad problems in 03 when he bought his brand new Calais. Well had it a few weeks weeks, drove it up to the Whitsundays for a family holiday. Got up there no problem.

On the way home though were about three hours from home when car starts overheating. Pull over, call RACQ, they then tow us to Maryborough and to the Holden dealership. We get there. No one there seems to have a clue and leave us sitting around for another hour before just refilling the radiator coolant, tell us to drive home with no aircon and with the windows down (mind you its middle of f**Cking summer and we are three hours from home and being cramped in the backseat with brother and sister only made matters worse).

Do this, Dad takes it to Holden dealership where he bought the car next day only find out the radiator is fucked and shouldnt have been driven that far and wanted to charge us for any work done cause wouldnt have needed replacing if it hadnt been driven so far after the initial problem.

Just shows that you cant always trust new cars. That said thats probably just Holden. Dont think id ever buy one but some people swear by them.

Babalouie
20-10-06, 06:17 PM

I had an issue with my DC2R, which is the only new car I've ever owned (except for my wife's car).

Driving along one day, turned on the a/c, then this almighty clunking went off under the bonnet. Surveyed the damage (loose compressor bolt, caused shredded belt but no other damage), then mentally put together a list of parts to buy...then though "Wait! This is under w'ty!" :D

A/C was dealer-fitted, and it turned out that the original dealer didn't do up the bolts tightly enuff, and it came loose. So I took it to another dealer for w'ty repair....this caused much smirking at the second dealer's service counter....

...and when I got the car back, I popped open the bonnet....new shiny belt, but I find that some of the bolts were finger-tight!

So I reckon that the made-in-Japan stuff is prolly just fine, but it's the Aussie-bit that's prolly at fault :D

Justin Fox
20-10-06, 07:36 PM
Dang!

doofus
20-10-06, 07:47 PM
Could be worse. Dad has some pretty bad problems in 03 when he bought his brand new Calais. Well had it a few weeks weeks, drove it up to the Whitsundays for a family holiday. Got up there no problem.

On the way home though were about three hours from home when car starts overheating. Pull over, call RACQ, they then tow us to Maryborough and to the Holden dealership. We get there. No one there seems to have a clue and leave us sitting around for another hour before just refilling the radiator coolant, tell us to drive home with no aircon and with the windows down (mind you its middle of f**Cking summer and we are three hours from home and being cramped in the backseat with brother and sister only made matters worse).

Do this, Dad takes it to Holden dealership where he bought the car next day only find out the radiator is fucked and shouldnt have been driven that far and wanted to charge us for any work done cause wouldnt have needed replacing if it hadnt been driven so far after the initial problem.

Just shows that you cant always trust new cars. That said thats probably just Holden. Dont think id ever buy one but some people swear by them.

thats farken bull, did u end up paying? i would so cause a storm if that happened to me!!! how the heck would u know there is a bloody problem, and that we shouldnt drive it due to the problem, we aint all mechanics, and plus, once u buy a new car, you expect it to drive to places, near or far, ITS BRAND NEW!!!

bloody dealers!!!!

t0fuman
09-02-07, 09:22 PM
thats farken bull, did u end up paying? i would so cause a storm if that happened to me!!! how the heck would u know there is a bloody problem, and that we shouldnt drive it due to the problem, we aint all mechanics, and plus, once u buy a new car, you expect it to drive to places, near or far, ITS BRAND NEW!!!

bloody dealers!!!!

i agree wit u mate... i would fone up the place and ask what the hell is wrong wit the car.... i mean that knocking sound could become worse if u don't do anythin about it... plus its a new car the more the reason to ask.. realli its not like u did sumthin that produced the knocking sound

xero
09-02-07, 09:32 PM
one of the guys at work jsut bought a brand new jazz... he had something go wrong as well... i dunno what it was, just sorta half listening...

Justin Fox
10-02-07, 12:59 AM
Was fixed BTW.

VTECMACHINE
10-02-07, 05:27 AM
hey Justin... what was it? Cos my sister's new civic sounds like it's getting a tad of *KNOCK*... I relised it the other day.

I know Honda engines are kinda Tapid... but this is sort of a loudish knocking coming from engine bay area. If it's sumthing serious... I should get it looked at while under warrenty. And already drivers electric window is fucked. Not something i'd expect from Honda... and quite annoyed actually. After my family owning over 8 Honda's over 20 or so years... one finally has a problem. Guess it's not made in JDM land after all.

lovesil
10-02-07, 09:41 AM
I think the problem about dealing with dealers, is that half the time they would have no idea what they are doing. If anyone that has been into the actual garage of the dealer, you would see alot of underage apprentices working on your car. Me, personally has nothing against apprentices, but after spending a overcharged price, my car ends up being a test car for them....wtf......

RyanP
11-02-07, 06:17 PM
Justin - what was the cause?

My cousin is looking at getting one.

Justin Fox
11-02-07, 10:02 PM
No idea, some suspension related thing fixed on the spot so can't have been too bad.

StanTheMan
11-02-07, 11:16 PM
my sisters had a jazz for 2 years.....faultless
i've had a civic for 2 years.....faultless too.

shit happens occasionally........just unusuaul for Honda. :shock:

VTECMACHINE
11-02-07, 11:50 PM
Suspension related !?

okay this *knocking* noise is cumming from engine bay. Sounds like a spun bearing. No idea tho. Might have to take it past Honda.

[ekkY]
12-02-07, 12:16 AM
maybe its the new batch of honda's

wilch
12-02-07, 10:05 AM
No idea, some suspension related thing fixed on the spot so can't have been too bad.

I'm guessing they forgot to remove the spring-spacer things (not sure what they're called exactly) maybe. They're normally located near the top of the spring, made of plastic and fit in between the coils, and are fitted for transporting.

S2k's are delivered this way. They're is one of the first things on www.s2ki.com listed that you should look out for when taking delivery of a brand new s2k.

milkman
12-02-07, 11:41 AM
Your mum has a daily driver? so whast her weekend warrior then? :P